Echidna Wars Mini [UPDATE: 07/13/12]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Echidna Wars Mini [UPDATE: 07/13/12]

Postby Chaotic » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:18 am

http://dgate.x.fc2.com/miniwars/game.html
Asimofu (the creator of Fromage) has been working alongside Camel/D-gate to put together a nice little action platformer game featuring Millia and Sachiho, Camel/D-gate's characters. You can switch between the two characters in the game and they each have abilities exclusive to them. Millia can double jump and fly for a short period of time as well as fire long range projectiles, though only two projectiles can be on screen at any given time, reducing her fire rate a bit. Sachiho can do a low slide to fit into tight spaces, much like Megaman. Unlike Millia, Sachiho can fire short range projectiles at a far more rapid pace. Though of course since they're short range that means she'll have to be a little closer to her target.

If your character is caught by an enemy you have a small window to mash on the controls and struggle free before they're eaten. If the character you're controlling is eaten you'll have to switch to a different character to free them. If you don't free them in time you'll be left with just one character until you either reach a checkpoint, die, or complete the stage

The current version that's out right now isn't complete and only features the level select screen with two available areas and only two enemy types, slimes and lamias. The first area is Sachiho's house. There isn't much to do in here as far as I can tell. The second area is where all the enemies are. You can also find a secret baby slug in this area if you know where to look. It's not very hard to find him honestly. There's a slug counter in the upper right corner when you're on the level select screen but what the slug actually does is still a mystery to me.

That's about it. It looks like the game will be subject to future updates so keep your eyes on his site.

Controls:
Arrow Keys - Movement
Z - Jump
X - Shoot
A - Open character select/status screen
R - If dead Return to last checkpoint

S - Pause
Q/W - Adjust game speed
1/2 - Change control type (This only really swaps the jump and shoot buttons with eachother)

If Millia - Press the jump button again while in the air to sprout wings. You can fly for a short period of time.
If Sachiho - Hold down and press the jump button to slide.
I should note that the checkpoint for Stage 1-1 has a slug holding a red balloon. Be sure to shoot the red balloon so the checkpoint registers.
IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE RUNNING THE GAME TRY UPDATING JAVA AND RESTARTING YOUR BROWSER

UPDATE: 07/13/12
-New stage: 1-3
-New enemy: Worm - Can shoot projectiles in a spread pattern. If a character is incapacitated it will suck them towards itself, devouring them once they're close. Of course physically running into the worm will also likely result in your character getting devoured.
-New items: There probably are some. So far I've only seen flan, which seems to restore a decent amount of health. I haven't tested it fully so it migh have some other effects I'm not aware of.
-Stage 1-2 modified to be easier: According to D-gate this was part of the update. So far it looks like enemy placement has changed to make some platforming bits easier.

Spoiler: show
Past updates
UPDATE: 07/07/12
-New stage featuring a lot of platforming
-New Enemy: Flying Jellyfish
-New Character: TGO-03 - A cyborg girl. You'll have to rescue her in the new stage to add her to your party.

TGO-03 has two abilities that are useful for the platforming stage. First she can shoot her arms out, which will home into enemies. These are particularly useful against flying enemies like the jellyfish. The downside is that they have a short range and you can only fire two at a time (she only has two hands of course). Her second ability is a passive, super armor. When hit she isn't knocked back like the other two characters. This seems useful if you're on a small platform and don't want to fall off if hit by an enemy. Unfortunately it seems like you'll have to beat Stage 1-1 again to access the next stage, even if you have a previous save with the level beaten. Though it's really just a minor inconvenience.
Last edited by Chaotic on Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:14 am, edited 9 times in total.
Chaotic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Echidna Wars Mini

Postby VirtuosoViking » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:33 am

Holy... 8O Wow. This was great! :D So great I even pulled out the smilies! :lol:
I was wondering when we'd see something like this again. Just got through with it, and I gotta say: I loved it! The graphics reminds me of MegaMan, and I love the old school rendition of the Stage 1 music from Millia Wars. There seems to be levels next to the characters, so maybe there will be an RPG-esque style of game play to this as opposed to just the other game's traditional hack n' slash and jump n' shoot style, which is also fine. Love that style too. I also love the partner system, and it's pretty cool that we get to play as... what's her name? Sachiho? Kinda hard to pronounce, but we can play as her now, so yay. Anyway, I really can't say much more than what has already been said.
Obviously, I can't wait to see what else will be implemented in this version. Makes me wonder if they'll ever get back to the previous one, but that'll happen another day, I suppose. Also, on a side note, I couldn't help but notice on the stage select screen, you can press the status button and you can go to a character select screen, and there seems to be six more empty slots there. It looks like you can have three different characters in one stage run at a time. Maybe there will be more characters we can choose from, like new characters, or perhaps even guest characters making a cameo, each having their own different abilities in future updates. Or maybe it's just there to mess with our heads. Guess we'll have to find out later.
When it comes to most bosses, thank god for obvious, glowing weak spots.
VirtuosoViking
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MisterEbony » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:03 am

Will we see some screenshotd as this develops further, and also, I hope the creator will visit us here at aryion. I know he would he welcomed with open arms.
Voraphile, Furry, Brony, and Gamer.

Shall we play a game?
MisterEbony
???

Postby NekoYuki » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:57 am

i can;t seem to get it to work. i updated flash and chrome thinks i haven't. Explored won't load the java and firefox starts loading then crashed....

erm help please?
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby TastyPear » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:29 pm

NekoYuki wrote:i can;t seem to get it to work. i updated flash and chrome thinks i haven't. Explored won't load the java and firefox starts loading then crashed....

erm help please?

I'm getting similar results.
Firefox refuses to load Java at all.
And IE gives me the Java error "hsp error 12 on mmload fade.wav", and then refuses to go past the loading screen.

Disappointing. I've been waiting for a D-Gate game for a while. The fact that it's a Milia Wars sequel makes me squeal in delight.
TastyPear
Been posting for a bit

Postby Jacobtheespeon » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:33 pm

loved the first game :3
Jacobtheespeon
Participator

Postby Chaotic » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:13 pm

For those having trouble try updating Java and then restarting your browser.
Chaotic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Crosseyes » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:40 pm

Don't wanna set myself up for letdown but from the menus and empty slots and stuff seems like there are plans for a heck of a lot more levels and characters that you can choose to bring into your party each level. Having your party switch in and out to rescue already eaten or trapped friends is a fun touch. Also great vore stuff as always from Asimofu and Camel.

Only criticism I would have is that the sprites are a bit small and less detailed in vore scenes than Milia wars but once the quantity of enemies goes up as it gets updated I bet that won't even matter.
Crosseyes
New to the forum

Postby MementoMori » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:26 pm

Chaotic wrote:For those having trouble try updating Java and then restarting your browser.

I was having this same problem, and I tried what Chaotic said and it worked like a charm. :) Just install the latest Java here: {Click Here} and then close Firefox/IE, run the installer, then re-open your browser. Oh, also, that's the english version of Java. If you're in a different country, make sure the /en/ that is in the link provided reflects your country/language instead.
[ ʟɪᴠᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅʏɪɴɢ ]
MementoMori
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MisterEbony » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:31 pm

Wish there was something like this for android......
Voraphile, Furry, Brony, and Gamer.

Shall we play a game?
MisterEbony
???

Postby NekoYuki » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:16 am

ah there we go. restarted PC after update now it works on chrome
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby Lawrence Craft » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:24 am

Little nice game so far.
Too bad that there is no full screen mode, hope that later one will be added.

The first thing i thought as i saw the enemy's and animations, "damn, that looks better as the milia wars game that i bought ô_Ö".
Know anyone if this is only a trial version and the full game will later available to purchase at DLsite.com?
Spoiler: show
You should always keep the following sequence in mind:
1. Read carefully
2. UNDERSTAND what is written (that's the most important point!)
3. Follow the instructions you have read AND understand before
4. Play the game and be happy!
Lawrence Craft
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Jacobtheespeon » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:10 pm

what the heck :I I get to the part where it says Game Start Delete Datas, but then what? I make the slug thing go up and down but I cant find the key that'll select the option >.>
Jacobtheespeon
Participator

Postby Shadowlyger » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:11 pm

The controls are right there in the OP...
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Jacobtheespeon » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:14 pm

Yeah, I pressed them all, nothing happened... I wouldn't be asking if I didn't try it l:<
Jacobtheespeon
Participator

Postby Jacobtheespeon » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:20 pm

bah, sorry that post might of sounded a bit rude >.>
Jacobtheespeon
Participator

Postby Chaotic » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:38 pm

Z is the Ok/Select button. It tells you right when you start the game.
Chaotic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Echidna Wars Mini [UPDATE: 07/07/12]

Postby VirtuosoViking » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:04 am

Chaotic wrote:UPDATE: 07/07/12
-New Character: TGO-03 - A cyborg girl. You'll have to rescue her in the new stage to add her to your party.

TGO-03 has two abilities that are useful for the platforming stage. First she can shoot her arms out, which will home into enemies. These are particularly useful against flying enemies like the jellyfish. The downside is that they have a short range and you can only fire two at a time (she only has two hands of course). Her second ability is a passive, super armor. When hit she isn't knocked back like the other two characters. This seems useful if you're on a small platform and don't want to fall off if hit by an enemy. Unfortunately it seems like you'll have to beat Stage 1-1 again to access the next stage, even if you have a previous save with the level beaten. Though it's really just a minor inconvenience.

Pretty cool that they've already updated the game with a new stage, enemy, and playable character. I guess that even though TGO-03's a cyborg, it looks like she's human enough for the monsters to eat.

Also, there are two new things it looks like you forgot to mention. 1st is that in stage 1-2, there is a power-up item a little bit after the checkpoint. It will increase your attack capabilities by one level, which is what the level icon next to the HP is. You can upgrade your attack only up to level 3. Be careful though, if you die, then it's back to level one with you. On a brighter side, it only happens when you are dead. If you are caught or eaten, you'll still have the power-up, and you can use one of the other characters to rescue the captured girl with the upgrade intact. With Millia, the first power-up will add another arrow arcing upwards every time you shoot, and the last one will have a three way shot, like in the 1st game. Also, with the level 3 shot, it acts like a shotgun: the closer you are (how many arrows hit), then the more damage you'll do. With Sachiho, every time she gets an upgrade, her shots will be bigger, they'll pack a little more damage (maybe), and they'll go further. With TGO-03, each upgrade will make her hands a little bit bigger, they'll go further, and they'll do more damage. They can still only fire two at a time, but they have a boomerang effect, so if you miss, the hands might hurt an enemy on the way back.

The second and last thing that was also added is a new item you can find almost right after you rescue TGO-03. You need to use Sachiho and slide under the water tank thing, then carefully jump to the little area in the building to the left and you'll find a cat, I think. Looks like one. Anyway, once you get the cat, you can jump out of that hidden area, and then go through the one-way through floor on the top. Now about the cat item: you can only hold four at a time, and since this game reminds me of Megaman, the cat will act like a sub-tank. It will completely refill one character's health. It will even act as a pick-me-up if a character is in the red zone. It will completely revive them and will restore all HP. Please note that it does NOT act like a phoenix down. If a character is dead, it won't work. You'll have to bring them back the other ways.

Well, that was a lot to type for just one update, but hopefully, I can do this again soon. Let's just hope if they plan to add secrets in the game, they won't be as difficult to figure out like dying four times to get the Hadouken fireball in Megaman X. Seriously, how was anyone supposed to figure that out on their own? Well, even if they do, it will probably be something really cool. Commence patient waiting!

EDIT: Ok, after looking on D-gate's blog, I saw a couple of pictures from Phantasy Star Online 2, I think. Anyway, it looks like TGO-03 is one of their custom characters from that game. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but that's just what I think. Never played that game, so I'm just shooting in the dark here. It could just be one of his own characters they've thought up and drawn before, but I'm just speaking my mind right now.
When it comes to most bosses, thank god for obvious, glowing weak spots.
VirtuosoViking
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Chaotic » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:23 am

VirtuosoViking wrote:
Chaotic wrote:UPDATE: 07/07/12

EDIT: Ok, after looking on D-gate's blog, I saw a couple of pictures from Phantasy Star Online 2, I think. Anyway, it looks like TGO-03 is one of their custom characters from that game. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but that's just what I think. Never played that game, so I'm just shooting in the dark here. It could just be one of his own characters they've thought up and drawn before, but I'm just speaking my mind right now.

Thanks for pointing those out. As for the character D-gate has long since been a fan of the Phantasy Star series and there's no doubt that TGO-03 is definitely a creation based off of the universe. Though she came into existence way before Phantasy Star Online 2 ever came out. TGO-07 is a character he's apparently created and used through all iterations of Phantasy Star.
Chaotic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby cownugget » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:34 am

This is a mini game, not the final.

Obviously the final will be better, since this is just a teaser.

Who here will actually BUY the game, and NOT wait for a rip?
cownugget
Deflator of all that's wretchedly happy

Next

Return to Vore game