RPG Vore Engine [New first Post]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: RPG Vore Engine [Updater and Two Prototypes]

Postby Eolwin » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:32 pm

Bright wrote:I found the vector thing quite interesting.

=> Thank you very much!

Savagen wrote:
Spoiler: show
Oh WOW that's a lotta neat features! The drawIt thing is really cool (can't wait to create in that all day) and the dragon popups are pretty adorable to say the least

The way it's set up is pretty innovative and just makes me even more anxious for the editor/game to be released~ *A*

=> That's very nice of you to say! I try my best to add the features one could need to make a game as easy to understand as possible, both with a clear interface and making sure what the interface does is just as clear. And... the dragon is indeed very adorable *,=,*
I think it's better to only make updates when there is actual visible progress, instead of spamming the forum over and over.

Midir wrote:It looks interesting! The Engine is going to be entirely standalone, right?~

Is there a possibility to add animations and sprites in there? I am irrelevant about them, but I know some people love games with sprites, instead of pure text adventures. I would assume this is a pure text-adventure editor, but the DrawIt part seems to suggest it will be possible to add sprites too?

How complicated the AI is gonna be? I remember some game engine with a restruction on manipulating NPCs only when the player is in the same room. It was a bit unfortunate... on the other hand, if I need something too complicated maybe I simply should write it from scratch?

What language are you writing it in?

PS. The Dragon is awesome!

=> The engine is definitely going to be entirely standalone. The only thing required for the editor is the .net Framework 4.0 Client, which any version of Windows should have anyway, if not the installer of the editor installs it too. For the game itself, as long as you have everything that is in the game folder, it will work. I have no idea if it works on Linux or MacOS (the editor doesn't) but it should. I've tested the editor and the game on any versions of windows, from XP to Windows 10 Preview, and for all of them it works just fine. [tested on XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 Preview]

Regarding the sprites, I'd say yes, and no. Why yes? Because since you have access to the scripts of the entire game, there is basically nothing you cannot do as long as you know basic RUBY. Why no? Because the editor doesn't support them at the moment. I've been thinking about adding the possibility to make other kinds of games than just text games, but this will come later, once the editor will be ready for TextGames. You can import any kind of images in the editor, sprites or others, but there is no way to attach them to a player, unless using the scripts themselves (Yay for a working RubySense to help you doing just that!) DrawIt is just a vector editor. What it does is putting points here and there and giving some information on how to link them, it doesn't actually make .png files or whatever. The game then recreates an image out of those points, and modifies them according to some rules (for example, increase Y coordinate of that point when fullness increases...)
In other words, it's not paint, you don't have brushes, you don't have a pencil. At least for now.

The AI of NPCs for now remains to be done. The only thing that is for sure, is that you can access any NPC at any moment during the game, no matter where they are or if you're in the same room or not. NPCs can be either global or local, meaning that they are important for the game as a whole, or that they are only relevant in a single place. (For example, you'd set an important character, or a team member, or the great villains as global NPCs, and an innkeeper or a store as local NPCs, unless you want all your NPCs to be Elder Scrolls Like, and just put them all in global NPCs.) No matter which kind they are, you can still access their attributes directly during the game at any time. global NPCs are just easier to call ($npcs[:npcname]) compared to local NPCs ($game_places[:placeName].npcs[:npcname])

For the editor, I'm using VisualBasic.NET, or C#.NET which is roughly the same thing. The game runs on IronRuby, which is nothing more than Ruby with the .NET framework. Basically the editor and the game use the same framework (.NET), so you could recreate the editor in the game. No point in doing that, but just to give you an idea of what you can do. Why using the same framework? Because that way if I start making something complicated like Vectors in the editor, instead of trying to recreate it from scratch, I can just use the exact same tools I've used in the editor to display it in the game. That makes everything much easier.
Then why using VB for the editor, and Ruby in the game? For two reasons:
VB is fast and awesome, yet it's not that simple to understand for beginners. It also has an incredible IDE, which is Visual Studio.
Ruby is awesome and simple to understand. A game made with it is easy to mod (look at RPG Maker, it's super easy to make scripts once you understand Ruby).
I've been trying to turn the game into VB, before abandonning it when I found out that I'm lacking the method that I need more than anything in the game: eval(). Basically that method in Ruby allows you to give it a string as an argument, and it will turn it into a code and run it. Let's say you have "puts \"Hello World\"" this is a string. When you use eval("puts \"Hello World\"") the string is turned into a code, and it is run. Here, it would run the method puts, with "Hello World" as an argument, meaning it would print Hello World in the console. For security reasons, as far as I've understood, you can't do that in VB, yet I need it to actually read all the files that are created in the editor, more specifically the places files, which contain all messages, stories and events the player will get.
So... I'm forced to stick to Ruby because of the eval() method, and I'm forced to use IronRuby if I don't want to remake everything from scratch, and use the awesome .NET framework.

I hope I've answered you with enough details. Hopefully it was still understandable and answered your questions.
Eolwin
Somewhat familiar

Postby Midir » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:39 am

Well I am looking forward this!

I was making my own little game in Python but I accidentally got carried away with the graphical part, and I am not wondering how exactly do I add the 'text adventure' interface in it - probably will add another widget at the bottom?~ So I wouldn't mind playing with your editor if it's gonna be released any soon (at least before the New Year~), just to catch the drift on what my AI/text adventure part should be like.

I mean, that's pretty hot that my little i letters are running away from the predator on the 'global map', but gosh, nothing can compare with the descriptiveness and beauty of the natural language ^^ ...a-and I really like the idea of software-generated descriptions too!
Midir
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Snowytiggy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:02 am

Your game looks exceptionally promising and I can't wait for it to come out. :3

Also, a vore type to possibly include would be absorption, e.g. Taking prey into a body part or the body as a whole if the character can employ slime physics/goo. Also, Paw vore, while highly obscure, would be neat. Basically, the ability to absorb a prey into the hand or foot.

Another thing that would be nice if possible would be a leveling system that allowed you to eat progressively more prey at a time/larger prey the more you vore. This might be planned already with the Devourer's job tree, but since I'm very predatory I love being able to eat multiple same size prey or prey significantly larger than I~
Snowytiggy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Salanth » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:29 am

Yay, update!

Although I really don't have much more to say it's nice to see it getting along.
Salanth
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Eolwin » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:59 pm

Midir wrote:
Well I am looking forward this!

I was making my own little game in Python but I accidentally got carried away with the graphical part, and I am not wondering how exactly do I add the 'text adventure' interface in it - probably will add another widget at the bottom?~ So I wouldn't mind playing with your editor if it's gonna be released any soon (at least before the New Year~), just to catch the drift on what my AI/text adventure part should be like.

I mean, that's pretty hot that my little i letters are running away from the predator on the 'global map', but gosh, nothing can compare with the descriptiveness and beauty of the natural language ^^ ...a-and I really like the idea of software-generated descriptions too!

=> If anything is released before the end of this month, it won't be a fully working version of the editor. I mean, the updater works well enough that I could release it right now and you'd just have to update it when it says there is an update, but you wouldn't be able to do much with it, so it's rather pointless. I've been working on this for two years now, this things takes a long time, but I'm glad that I at least didn't drop it.

Snowytiggy wrote:
Your game looks exceptionally promising and I can't wait for it to come out. :3

Also, a vore type to possibly include would be absorption, e.g. Taking prey into a body part or the body as a whole if the character can employ slime physics/goo. Also, Paw vore, while highly obscure, would be neat. Basically, the ability to absorb a prey into the hand or foot.

Another thing that would be nice if possible would be a leveling system that allowed you to eat progressively more prey at a time/larger prey the more you vore. This might be planned already with the Devourer's job tree, but since I'm very predatory I love being able to eat multiple same size prey or prey significantly larger than I~

=> Well thank you!
There will probably be absorption in the game yes. I'm unsure about how to make it work, but that's possible. For the paw vore, I'm -very- well aware of this one, as my profile on F-list says (PlagueBelcher), so I'm probably going to find a way to put it in there, somehow. Not sure if it's going to be a thing the player will have access to, but I'll see if it fits.

Rping as a Predator myself most of the time, I know that having a big gurgly, noisy and sloshy belly full of preys is awesome ^,=,^ (A dragon gotta eat?) What you said was already in the first version of the game back in 2012. Basically the stomach(s) can hold a certain volume of stuff, and whenever it is stretched beyond that, if it's not enough that it actually kills you, it increases its capacity slightly. The devourer class only gives a boost. Except for some species, you're not able to eat anything more than a regular meal at the begining of the game. So if you're a human, don't expect to be the pred very early, or only with small things. You have a certain 'skills' to unlock, namely the ability to unhinge your jaws to swallow big preys, have a stretchy throat and a stretchy stomach. Some species have this by default (Dragons and a couple of others), some others only have some of those abilities, and the humans have none. They can be aquired during the game though, or with skill trees.

There is no limit in the code as to how much you can eat. I just imagine it will get harder and harder as the capacity of the stomach increases. The capacity isn't defined by a number of preys, but by their volume or weight, which is calculated very simply (for the volume) and a bit more complicated for the weight. I won't get into a lot of details here, for I still need to balance it.

That1guy wrote:Yay, update!

Although I really don't have much more to say it's nice to see it getting along.

=> Yay comment!
Thank you ^,=,^
Eolwin
Somewhat familiar

Postby Snowytiggy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:17 pm

Thought up another one: Pouch vore for marsupial characters.

Also, I was hoping to play a very hungry rabbit character, because I also enjoy upsetting the stereotypes of pred prey relations. I think it would be really useful/nifty if the player got to choose or have a chance to roll for skills to enable PC's to have higher vore skills from the start that are not preordained on some stereotypical species scale, rather than make getting to predatory nature highly inconvenient for some species and easier for others. I understand the expanding stomach mechanic as it was used extensively in a game on FA, but to get to being able to actually vore anything took a discouraging and torturous amount of time to obtain. A stopgap that could be included would be an in game "cheat" menu like in that other game that would let players enter an amount for stomach capacity and various other stats if they wanted to just get to the later things instead of grinding for what was would literally end up being hours to get to heavy predator capacity.

Now another obscure thing that I would personally like to see as an option is that a predator won't be forced to gain weight or height from digesting prey. Too often I've seen games that make any predatory action result in a morbidly obese character waddling around, whereas I like my predators to be slender and lithe. They can eat a family of furs and go about their merry day without it being obvious what they've done. Again, this could be a toggle or a skill, like "efficient digestion" where the entirety of a prey is dissolved away, or "hammerspace" which could enable a predator to willingly show or conceal their bulges by activating. They would still be bound by their stomach capacity limits of say 3 people, but they could eat them, be resting on their large, wiggling gut for a while, and then activate the skill and shrink their gut down to a small paunch. they could then continue on with their adventuring/shopping/etc while sneakily digesting their prey in public.

I also think an option would be nice for the player to be able to unlock all the various obscure vore methods like paw and goo. Since this is an engine and people can create their own content, that should definitely be pawsible, however in terms of a current game in development it could conceivably be a series of rewards from side missions, say a series where, for more evil and predatory inclined players, can join and rise through the ranks of a predatory magic cult, utilizing the souls of devoured prey to tinker with the realms of vorish possibility. The deeper you get in the more of the obscurer vore types you can unlock, but going through the process reduces your charm and makes "normal" people more leery and suspicious of you, and less inclined to help.

Just a concept to make the illogical fit. Give the option to pursue the forbidden side to gain powers not normally accessible, but with a cost. I personally would like it to be blanket available and equal opportunity, but I understand it is not my game :3 :gulp: :gulp:
Snowytiggy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Eolwin » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:09 pm

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts! I'll can't say I agree with all of them for the game itself, but feel free to toss my ideas out of the window if you don't like them, after all that's the reason why I made an editor in the first place.
Snowytiggy wrote:
Thought up another one: Pouch vore for marsupial characters.

=>I have no idea how this would work, but I don't see why not. That being said if I add it it probably won't be for every single characters. I don't know I'll see.
Snowytiggy wrote:
Also, I was hoping to play a very hungry rabbit character, because I also enjoy upsetting the stereotypes of pred prey relations. I think it would be really useful/nifty if the player got to choose or have a chance to roll for skills to enable PC's to have higher vore skills from the start that are not preordained on some stereotypical species scale, rather than make getting to predatory nature highly inconvenient for some species and easier for others. I understand the expanding stomach mechanic as it was used extensively in a game on FA, but to get to being able to actually vore anything took a discouraging and torturous amount of time to obtain. A stopgap that could be included would be an in game "cheat" menu like in that other game that would let players enter an amount for stomach capacity and various other stats if they wanted to just get to the later things instead of grinding for what was would literally end up being hours to get to heavy predator capacity.

=> I see what you mean there, but I have to disagree. The game won't be just a regular vore game with the sole goal being to have people fap to it (that goal is included, but not the main focus of the game) I'm actually trying to come up with an interesting story, and with a lot of different interesting ways to tell that story to the player without getting him/her bored. This includes not giving the player all what they want from the start of the game, otherwise what's the point of going to the end of the game? As I said, if you want to make your vore skills improve faste, just invest a lot of skill points in the devourer class, and your prey species will be able to eat stuff in no time.
I played the game on FA you're talking about (at least I think so.) The mechanics don't really work the same ways, nor do the results look the same at all. That being said I noticed that in this game, once you've reached enough capacity that you're able to eat basicaly anything, I just tend to drop it by lack of interest, and because at that point I've likely seen all the possible descriptions there are for vore scenes. I don't want that in my game, and I want to make the actual process of becoming a pred interesting. I've been thinking about that for quite a while, and I'm not changing it now.
When you'll have your paws on the game, feel free to change it, but I hope you'll find it fun enough to actually give it a try before trying to change stuff or cheat in it.
That being said, there will be a cheat menu. Hidden at first, but definitely there, even just for debugging purposes. Because I'm likely not to want to go through the entire game each time I try it to look for bugs.
Snowytiggy wrote:
Now another obscure thing that I would personally like to see as an option is that a predator won't be forced to gain weight or height from digesting prey. Too often I've seen games that make any predatory action result in a morbidly obese character waddling around, whereas I like my predators to be slender and lithe. They can eat a family of furs and go about their merry day without it being obvious what they've done. Again, this could be a toggle or a skill, like "efficient digestion" where the entirety of a prey is dissolved away, or "hammerspace" which could enable a predator to willingly show or conceal their bulges by activating. They would still be bound by their stomach capacity limits of say 3 people, but they could eat them, be resting on their large, wiggling gut for a while, and then activate the skill and shrink their gut down to a small paunch. they could then continue on with their adventuring/shopping/etc while sneakily digesting their prey in public.

=> This too I'm not entirely sure. I see the point though, I'll have to think about something. I definitely don't want all characters to be obese though O.O I'll see how it gets balanced when I'll be making the game, and act accordingly.
Snowytiggy wrote:
I also think an option would be nice for the player to be able to unlock all the various obscure vore methods like paw and goo. Since this is an engine and people can create their own content, that should definitely be pawsible, however in terms of a current game in development it could conceivably be a series of rewards from side missions, say a series where, for more evil and predatory inclined players, can join and rise through the ranks of a predatory magic cult, utilizing the souls of devoured prey to tinker with the realms of vorish possibility. The deeper you get in the more of the obscurer vore types you can unlock, but going through the process reduces your charm and makes "normal" people more leery and suspicious of you, and less inclined to help.

=> This is definitely an idea that I like though. It would go well in the world I've been thinking about.
Snowytiggy wrote:
Just a concept to make the illogical fit. Give the option to pursue the forbidden side to gain powers not normally accessible, but with a cost. I personally would like it to be blanket available and equal opportunity, but I understand it is not my game :3 :gulp: :gulp:

=> I'm definitely not going to give all species equal stats, especially on vore characteristics. They are different species, so why just make them all the same and just give them different looks? That kind of kills the point of different species to me. No species will have the ability to devour huge things at the start of the game, and it's only fair that the prey species should be less able to eat other characters, yet give them more agility to potentially escape preds. In the mean time, that kind of agility would be useful to catch preys easily when those species actually get the ability to eat others. So no, I stick to my plan, no equality between different species, each will have their strengths and weaknesses, that can be balanced during the rest of the game. That doesn't mean that your rabbit couldn't eat small things like mice though, or stuff. Just not other playable species at the start.
Eolwin
Somewhat familiar

Postby Snowytiggy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:32 pm

true true and true~ I have full intention of playing the game as is and seeing the story involved~ I like when there's a purpose to a game as well, and making it vorecentric is a huge bonus~
Snowytiggy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Vizix » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:38 am

The engine looks really cool and I'm really excited to try it out. You are a pioneer of vore technology!
Vizix
Participator

Postby latoshi121 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:38 pm

To be honest, even if it is incomplete releasing the updater might be nice. That way, if people want to, they can sample the editor on what functions are available. That is, unless, the entire framework relies solely on unfinished parts. But i doubt that.
But that is just my opinion.

But anyways I really do want to say that it looks like it is shaping up amazingly. I do hope to see a download available at some point. I personally would like to mess around with it a bit, even if it is incomplete.
latoshi121
New to the forum

Postby Eolwin » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:51 pm

lolcp123 wrote:The engine looks really cool and I'm really excited to try it out. You are a pioneer of vore technology!

=> A pioneer of vore technology? Wow, thank you ^^ That's the first time I hear this one. Hope the editor and game will live up to your expectations.

latoshi121 wrote:To be honest, even if it is incomplete releasing the updater might be nice. That way, if people want to, they can sample the editor on what functions are available. That is, unless, the entire framework relies solely on unfinished parts. But i doubt that.
But that is just my opinion.

But anyways I really do want to say that it looks like it is shaping up amazingly. I do hope to see a download available at some point. I personally would like to mess around with it a bit, even if it is incomplete.

=>To be honest too, the editor is at the moment unable to make a game at all. I'm not even sure it creates the default game your project starts with well enough, there might be missing files that I need to track. That being said, if I can motivate myself to solve the couple of bugs that are related to the game, get a feedback system ready in the editor and a couple of other things, I should be able to release it before the end of the month yes.
Don't expect to be able to make a game though, not even remotely. It would just be to test the interface, and maybe familiarize yourself with the UI. Other than that I cannot make promises, except that it would be updated frequently.

I gave the link to the current version of the editor to someone on FA, telling them to give me some feedback, but they never did. That was really enjoyable...

I'll tell you whenever I feel comfortable enough about releasing a not really working version of the editor. While most of the basic things work just fine, they are still poorly linked together.
Eolwin
Somewhat familiar

Postby latoshi121 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:47 pm

Understandable. Kinda sucks when you don't get feedback on something. I wish you the best in your endeavors and look forward to the release of anything really.
latoshi121
New to the forum

Re: RPG Vore Engine [New first Post]

Postby VoreLover12 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:34 pm

When will this be finished and 100% ready for use?
VoreLover12
Participator

Postby Eolwin » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:56 pm

If it's not written on the first post, it's because I don't know.
This is a big project of mine, and it takes quite a lot of time to make. I'm working on it, that's all I can give you.

Edit : I've been rewritting the game to be more in tune with what I wanted, more graphically appealing and with better controls. It works fine, now I'm working on the intro, the world map, the back story and the general lore of the universe I'm writting. The game is not a vore rpg, it's a rpg with vore, with a fully fleshed story. It takes a while to write, and even longer to code.
The editor is on hold for now until I can fix a problem I've been having.
Eolwin
Somewhat familiar

Postby forgreatjustice18 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:14 am

Woo update! This project looks incredible
forgreatjustice18
Somewhat familiar

Postby AngelicChaos » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:32 am

Wow, I had no idea this sort of thing even exists... really look forward to it!
AngelicChaos
Somewhat familiar

Previous

Return to Vore game