RPG Vore Engine [New first Post]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: RPG Vore Engine [What do you think about herms? POLL]

Postby darkevilme » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:06 pm

In reference to the herm poll: I have no interest in 'male herms' to be honest. What I do have interest in is herms using female pronouns, shi, hir etc give me a headache to see used. So if I could slap a button for 'herms use female pronouns' that would make the game not ugly to read I figure that's an important option to have.
darkevilme
---

Postby Eolwin » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:43 pm

Well that was quite interesting. I might do polls like that for often.
You can still vote here : http://poll.pollcode.com/188297
But I don't think the results will change much more now. So I'll use both systems, and let the game maker choose weither he/she'd like to use one or the other, and I'll use the feminity/masculinity slider with one Herm gender for my game.

Thanks everyone for voting, and thanks even more to those who commented! I'll go back to work on it for a bit. (No stream today though, maybe tomorrow)
Eolwin
Somewhat familiar

Postby sabrina_diamond » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:30 pm

This looks interesting... I might play it later
*Chomp, slideee, gurgle gurgle* Must have ate something off! *screaming*
sabrina_diamond
???

Postby xvibex » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Most common kind of herm is basically a female with a dick&balls above her pussy. But of course like females theres also all sorts of builds. Some thinks of herms without the balls. Which is actually called a dick girl... and ones without a pussy which is actually a shemale.

Making a variety of kinds seems like a good idea... or let people create a few kinds if you want to let them create their own kinds in the game.
xvibex
New to the forum

Postby Eolwin » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:44 pm

Wow, just when I was checking I get a new post. Awesome.

Well, I was actually looking for something general that would please atleast 95% of the community. So after talking about that stuff with a guy who plays as a Male Herm, we came to that : The simplest way to do it without losing some people is I think to use how it works in reality. No matter what the biological sex of someone is, that person might identify him/her self as a man or a woman, which is called the gender. So instead of letting the game creator add new genders, I let him/her add new sexes, and I set the genders myself. What does that mean?

Let's say you've got a species with 3 available sexes : Male, Female and Herm
And no matter the species, there are always 3 available genders : Male, Female and Androgenous
Instead of using the biological sex to define the pronouns that should be used (Like I was doing in the first place) I use the gender. This allows me to do :
[Sex, Gender]
Male, Male -> Cisexual male -> he/him/his
Male, Female -> Transexual MtF -> she/her/her
Male, Androgenous -> Another Male -> shi/hir/hir or whatever
(Same for Females)
Herm, Male -> Male Herm -> he/him/his
Herm, Female -> Female Herm -> she/her/her
Herm, Androgenous -> Herm -> shi/hir/hir or whatever

Of course, that also works if you want to add other sexes and create totally weird species but why not? Only the 3 Genders cannot be changed (Well, it's not hard to change in the scripts, and you'll have access to them anyway.)

So, problem solved.
Eolwin
Somewhat familiar

Postby vintious » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:39 pm

Adequate enough. Would likely spend several minutes changing every androgynous pronoun to a xir set if accessibility is that easy.
Disagreeable
vintious
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Krieg » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:58 pm

Hey man, just wanted to say. While I can't put any developer input into this, I thought I'd drop by saying I've been following this topic since you made it and been watching you progress. Wish you all the best with finishing it, glad to see how active you are and how much you're doing!
Krieg
Participator

Postby xvibex » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:33 pm

Too be honest I've never cared for shi/hir/hir when playing a herm. I've always stuck to referring to a gender based on their masculinity or femininity, him or her. When it is too skewed to decern gender I choose the appropriate term 'it'.
xvibex
New to the forum

Postby Eolwin » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:08 pm

vintious wrote:Adequate enough. Would likely spend several minutes changing every androgynous pronoun to a xir set if accessibility is that easy.

=> not sure what you mean by a xir set? Is that another set of pronouns that isn't male nor female? shi/hir/hir still seem to be too female to me, so if you have any idea that could be easely understood for a player not used to these pronouns, I'm interested.

Krieg wrote:Hey man, just wanted to say. While I can't put any developer input into this, I thought I'd drop by saying I've been following this topic since you made it and been watching you progress. Wish you all the best with finishing it, glad to see how active you are and how much you're doing!

=> Thanks a lot ^^ I spend a lot of my time doing that yeah. I hope I can release a first version of the editor soon.

xvibex wrote:Too be honest I've never cared for shi/hir/hir when playing a herm. I've always stuck to referring to a gender based on their masculinity or femininity, him or her. When it is too skewed to decern gender I choose the appropriate term 'it'.

=> I thought it could not be used when refering to a person? I'm not a native english speaker so if I'm wrong feel free to correct me.
Eolwin
Somewhat familiar

Postby RachelBabe » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:11 pm

You can use "it" to refer to someone, usually used with contempt or disdain, but for something where you cant tell what gender "it" is, i guess it's okay.
RachelBabe
Participator

Postby vintious » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:23 pm

Eolwin wrote:
vintious wrote:Adequate enough. Would likely spend several minutes changing every androgynous pronoun to a xir set if accessibility is that easy.

=> not sure what you mean by a xir set? Is that another set of pronouns that isn't male nor female? shi/hir/hir still seem to be too female to me, so if you have any idea that could be easely understood for a player not used to these pronouns, I'm interested.

xie, xir, and xis is a genderless pronoun of sorts, heard it was in some other language, but forgot which. More/less picked it up from a random fanfiction site I went to once since it didn't offend me like hir. It's still nothing universally used so may offend people.

The problem with "it" is that the only noun you have to reference towards "it" is just plain it. Trying to describe ownership of things towards it would just end in an awkward "its it's itinerary."
Disagreeable
vintious
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby e2s86 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:44 pm

is this still in the making?
e2s86
Somewhat familiar

Postby Eolwin » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:03 am

e2s86 wrote:is this still in the making?

Yes it is. I'm just a bit burnt of coding for now, and I'm also having exams.

(Don't worry, if I should ever decide to stop making it I would upload the source codes of all what I've done so people interested could continue where I stopped. Just consider it to be paused for now.)
Eolwin
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jazzumness » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:45 pm

Good luck on your exams!
Jazzumness
Somewhat familiar

Re: RPG Vore Engine [New look, and now working on XP]

Postby Eolwin » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:19 pm

It's been quite a while since I posted anything, but I want to say that I'm still alive, and so is this project ^^
So, I've made quite a lot of progress, and I didn't really want to show anything unless it's close enough to the final look. So there are some pics: Enjoy!
As you can see, there has been quite some change. After remaking the editor for windows XP, I've decided that it looked rather nice (and all made by myself as opposed to what it was before) so I choose to use this version for every Windows, and to give it the Windows 8 nice clean style. That also gave me the possibility to make some skins for the editor. Yeah, if you're going to work for hours on a software, it's better if it looks the way you want it to look. So like Visual Studio, there will be 3 themes : Light, Dark and Blue. If I can, I'll add a way to let users make their own themes.

This is the new ScriptEditor. Thanks to IronRuby, I can use the game's scripts directly in the editor, allowing me to change them too. What I wanted to add, compared to RPG Maker, it's intelligence. I want the editor to read the code while it's being typed, making it easier for people who don't know ruby to code. That's what you can see on the right of the window (Script Content) and it will also propose a list of matching pieces of code while you type them, auto-complete you might want to say.

Of course, the themes are also available here :

And something completely new :
The BodyEditor!
I'm proud to introduce you to this editor that I've been developping for weeks. While I was making the game, I was wondering how to give the possibility for different species to get different attributes / organs, especially stomachs, like for cows, deers, taurs and stuff. I was stuck with that for a while, until I saw Blender's Node Editor. I liked the design, and decided that it would fit exactly with what I want to do. So...? Added ^^

More important, it works like a charm ^^

Anyway, I hope you enjoy those news, and I'm making progress. Hopefully I'll be able to release a version of the editor soon, even if it's just to show it and not actually making a game with it.
Eolwin
Somewhat familiar

Postby Big_D » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:29 pm

this editor is looking rather nice though truth be told that body edditor look fab I think even my talentless ass could make something good with this thing
Darkness entwines a foolish young heart but the brave will always ring true.......yeah right ;p
Patreon account https:https://www.patreon.com/Yubel
Big_D
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Eolwin » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:28 pm

I'm glad you like it! There should be a lot more soon actually. But for now I'd like to add more options inside of the Body Editor, and then I should try to start the monsters editor... the rest should be rather easy to do now ^^
Eolwin
Somewhat familiar

Postby Salanth » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:16 pm

Man that body editor... The things we can do with it...

And I found it a bit funny that you just now made the editor work on XP when Microsoft is about to pull the plug on it. :)
Salanth
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Eolwin » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:25 pm

[...]And I found it a bit funny that you just now made the editor work on XP when Microsoft is about to pull the plug on it. :)

I wasn't really willing to do that actually. Windows XP is really outdated now, but my boyfriend had no way to get a more recent version of windows, and since he wanted to be able to use the editor too, I felt like I had to, and it was really interesting to actually do it. Now he's using windows 7, but since it's works on XP too, I thought that people might still be in that situation, so I'll keep the windows XP compatibility for now.

And I'm glad you like the Body Editor too ^^
Eolwin
Somewhat familiar

Postby latoshi121 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:23 pm

So, any Idea when a new Dev version may be released. I know you said that it is gonna be easy from here out. (or at least i think you said that) But any estimated time frame?
latoshi121
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game