Vore Roguelike

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore Roguelike

Postby DjConnorJ » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:47 pm

ive downloaded the game and i cant find out to start the game am i missing something?
DjConnorJ
Participator

Postby xega888 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:10 am

DjConnorJ wrote:ive downloaded the game and i cant find out to start the game am i missing something?

its a .jar file and its the only thing in there. right click it and tell your computer to run it with javaSE binary
xega888
???

Postby DjConnorJ » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:05 pm

i cant find a .jar file anywhere
DjConnorJ
Participator

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:12 am

I got to Floor 2. I love the fact that you put red snakes in. Although the first one I saw had me for his butt meal. Their strength took me a bit by surprise I have to admit. What other new monsters does the update have? I only saw that red snake on Floor 2 almost as soon as I got on it.
A link to a fun game I love playing: http://www.blankmediagames.com/TownOfSalem/

Be sure to say that ParaYumi refered you when you register for it. That's me.
Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???

Postby xega888 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:06 pm

DjConnorJ wrote:i cant find a .jar file anywhere

you down load from the link
you get a .zip
open said zip with any compatible program (i used winzip)
drag and drop the contents out into were ever you want to play it. that should be ether a jar or a folder containing a jar. winzip is a jack ass and thinks its a good idea to open jars with it. say screw that and right click>open with>javaSEbinary

if you cant fallow thoes steps then you downloaded the wrong thing
xega888
???

Postby DjConnorJ » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:17 pm

which folder is this file located in? because then i can look for this folder and pin point my problem
DjConnorJ
Participator

Postby LilianiMirx » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:25 pm

The file for me is 66kb which seems rather small for a game, when I try to open it it says it's unknown file format or a damaged file.
LilianiMirx
Participator

Postby NocturneWolf » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:12 pm

Hehe, since a lot of you seem to be having some trouble with this, I'll try to explain a bit, provided you use Windows.

The file you download initially is a .zip file, which is basically a way to compress a file and make it smaller (and thus faster to download). It is also roughly 60kb for me, so you probably have the right one LilianiMirx. Once you have decided a folder to save it in and downloaded it, you'll need to use an archiving program to extract the base files back out. A good free one I use is 7zip, which you can find here: http://www.7-zip.org/ Alas, this program is for Windows users, but there are likely other similar ones available for Macs and Linux.

Once you've got the program, use it to extract the folder from the .zip, and save it in the location of your choosing. Find the newly-created folder, and inside it should be a file called Dragon 1.2.jar. This is an executable java file, and if you have Java installed and updated on your computer you should be able to simply double-click that file and run the game like that. If it doesn't work, or it doesn't recognize the file type, check to see if you've got java installed to it's latest version. As of today (1/19/2013), that should be version 7, update 11, found here: http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp This is the version for general computer users rather than developers, but I think it'll work fine for this.

If that still doesn't work, or if you're a Mac/Linux user... unfortunately, I can't be a huge amount of help. :/ Some others have fussed with stranger issues in the thread, so maybe that'll help you out a bit.

- - - - -

Now that that's over with... I've played through the new version of the game, and I gotta say... it's a big step-up from it's previous incarnation hehe. I found it a bit easy at the start as long as you spend some time leveling up and gathering items, but once you hit the third floor I actually think it gets decently challenging. I certainly got nommed and gurgled by a lot of the enemies there, and I actually had to play careful to get through it. So... great work on adjusting the difficulty i say!

I also like the new touches you've added, like making struggling much more of a viable option for players with higher strength and the like, the more compact maps, and the new enemy AI. Even talking to your befriended animals was fun, although I imagine a bit more variation there would definitely be welcome. In a similar vein... I do like the handful of new enemies you've included, and it definitely makes me curious what more you'll add, but I was wondering how challenging it'd be to give them all different flavor text when they vore you and such. I get the feeling the text is more vore-dependent than enemy-dependent, but it'd be a nice way to differentiate between the different animals and spice up the experience a tad.

Besides those two minor complaints though... this really is a fantastic game, something I've actually had fun playing over and over again, which is quite a bit better than most games around here. Great work, I'm definitely curious to see where you'll take things from here!
NocturneWolf
Participator

Postby Tsumi » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:22 pm

Loving the game. Very fun and does it's purpose, compact and enjoyable~

One question though; It's a 66 kb game.. But when i play it, it uses up to 50% of my CPU. Is there anyway to curb this?
Tsumi
Been posting for a bit

Postby NocturneWolf » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:33 pm

Tsumi wrote:One question though; It's a 66 kb game.. But when i play it, it uses up to 50% of my CPU. Is there anyway to curb this?

Oh yeah, I forgot about that hehe. I was getting this issue too, and the game was actually lagging a tad. Just my own two cents about the matter.
NocturneWolf
Participator

Postby DjConnorJ » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:29 am

i got it working i didnt have java installed and how do you get onto floor 2 i cant figure out how
DjConnorJ
Participator

Postby xega888 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:11 am

DjConnorJ wrote:i got it working i didnt have java installed and how do you get onto floor 2 i cant figure out how

find the > and actually type in > wile ontop of it (shift and everything) its in the description on the first page
xega888
???

Postby BrickOnAString » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:06 am

The mediafire link says the file has been deleted. I'm not sure if it's a problem on my side, though.
BrickOnAString
Been posting for a bit

Postby Gah » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:21 am

Yes, please update a download link if you would.
Gah
Participator

Postby four_fleets » Wed May 01, 2013 8:47 am

Posting for bookmark.
  I wonder if you'll visit This thread?  

I finally found out how to use BBCcode.
four_fleets
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby evilogith » Wed May 01, 2013 3:05 pm

is There a Download Link for This Game that Works ???
evilogith
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby jaef » Mon May 06, 2013 6:22 pm

Here's one, in attachment style
Attachments
Dragon 1.2.zip
Vore Roguelike
(60.92 KiB) Downloaded 536 times
jaef
New to the forum

Postby Jacobdragon » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:19 pm

jaef wrote:Here's one, in attachment style

It's not working.
Jacobdragon
Been posting for a bit

Postby jaef » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:36 am

Jacobdragon wrote:
It's not working.

The download still works. Once you extract it you just need to have java installed and run the jar
jaef
New to the forum

Postby thyladras » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:45 am

link dead !!!
thyladras
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game