Vore Roguelike

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore Roguelike

Postby madcommanderfox » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:38 pm

will there be any graphics other than letters
madcommanderfox
Somewhat familiar

Postby NocturneWolf » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:52 pm

Tinkered around with the game a while, and... I gotta say, I actually quite like this game. It actually caught and held my attention a lot more than I thought it would, and the variety in the vore is pretty fun. I also like the damage/arousal system, since it gives us a few different ways to tackle the game's situations. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more from this hehe, more enemies and the like.

A few little issues I ran into, just to see if I can't help out a bit: The game actually feels kind of easy, especially once you break level 3 and/or play with a high wisdom stat. I actually found that purposely letting enemies accumulate damage on you, allowing them to eat you, then rubbing until you've befriended them is a viable way to get through the game. As fun of a thought as that is, I guess it does suggest that the numbers might need a bit of tweaking to balance things out. The AI also seems to get caught up on corners rather easily when trying to come after you, but considering how quickly you coded this up I suppose that's to be expected hehe. I also did experience once game crash. I believe I just got AVed by a male wolf, then built up my lust to 100, but after... relieving stress once, the game froze up. Nothing major, but still something I felt I should bring up.

All around though, I thought this was pretty good. I'm definitely hoping to see more, and if the code was available I might've even been tempted to program some enemies or such myself. Keep up the good work mate.
NocturneWolf
Participator

Postby Avant » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:54 pm

madcommanderfox wrote:will there be any graphics other than letters

Never played a Roguelike before? It's all ASCII.
Avant
Participator

Postby MisterEbony » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:18 pm

I. WANT. THIS.
Voraphile, Furry, Brony, and Gamer.

Shall we play a game?
MisterEbony
???

Postby yoyox » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:19 pm

there seem to be an bug it seem to make my window flash and unable to play (wont let me press any keys)
yoyox
New to the forum

Postby Hoodoo » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:40 pm

Only prey. Sorry.

Are there any plans to include predator functions for the player, or are those not going to be put in at all?
Hoodoo
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby NocturneWolf » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:45 pm

yoyox wrote:there seem to be an bug it seem to make my window flash and unable to play (wont let me press any keys)

I think that bug has to do with clicking the screen. At the moment, that crashes the game, but otherwise it works alright, so just don't click the screen. ;3
NocturneWolf
Participator

Postby MisterEbony » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:30 pm

Rougelikes generally use letters for the graphics to save dats space. Has been that way since the first ones and still is today.

Shall we play a game?
MisterEbony
???

Postby e2s86 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:36 pm

how do you start the game?

do you need to have a specific program?
e2s86
Somewhat familiar

Postby empatheticapathy » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:00 pm

I like it. I always wanted to see a vore roguelike (in fact, I have a whole folder full of plans if I were to ever make one. Interestingly enough, one of those plans was to allow the player to pacify enemies by allowing themselves to be eaten.). That said, I do have a small amount of issues.
1. Enemies have very poor pathfinding. If one of them sees you, it will run directly for you, even if there's a wall in the way.
2. The whole thing's too damned easy. I literally run into any red letter I see until either it's dead, or it eats me. And I prefer it eats me, because it seems I can ALWAYS rub enough to pacify it before being digested, meaning EVERY enemy who tries to eat me becomes a source of health rather than a threat. Combined with the fact that doing so yields EXP (and don't get me wrong, that's a GOOD thing), means I can breeze through the entire game no problem.
From a voraphile standpoint, this is fine. From the standpoint of a player of a game, this is unsatisfying.
3. I was UBed by a wolf, and got messages about her massaging her gut.
4. I would really appreciate the game-over messages differing based on how the player dies.

I really do hope this goes somewhere though. This is something I was excited to see/download/play, and would hate for it to fall by the wayside.

Avant wrote:

Never played a Roguelike before? It's all ASCII.

MisterEbony wrote:

Rougelikes generally use letters for the graphics to save dats space. Has been that way since the first ones and still is today.

Not always true. There's a variant of Dungeon Crawl which has sprites. Elona and Desktop Dungeons seem to ONLY have graphical modes, with no ascii option whatsoever. I'm sure there's more.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby MisterEbony » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:05 pm

Well this is true. But you cannot deny that most rougelikes are ascii based. Even though many have graphical vafiangs most were ASCII in original form.

Shall we play a game?
MisterEbony
???

Postby warbrand4 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:12 pm

seems like it would be simple to add images to this, about what size would a image have to be to work as a tile on this? cause I think it would be easy to do things for this...
just an RPG maker mapper,
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Ranger » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:13 pm

This is actually a really fun idea! I'd never played a Roguelike game before (Or knew what they were, for that matter), but being a big fan of dice rolling games, this really appeals to me :3

Would you consider going further with this, for instance making it more visual like the Doom Roguelike game with sprites and such, if you had a bit of artistic help~?
Ranger
---

Postby NocturneWolf » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:24 pm

Same as Ranger honestly, I wouldn't mind helping this project along a bit in my spare time, if you had any longer-term plans for it. ;3
NocturneWolf
Participator

Postby SollusDellager » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:34 pm

Fantastic! I absolutely love this and I cannot wait to see how far it goes!
Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
-Douglas Adams,
SollusDellager
Participator

Postby Shadowlyger » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:28 am

gatess wrote:Changed to mediafire, so should not require an account to download now. Also fixed the window issue, so game should function fine now.

Shadowlyger wrote:Being unbirthed by a bear doesn't give me any options to do anything.

Will look into it later, but am done for tonight.

Just thought I'd get back to you on this. Turns out I needed to hit M to masturbate. Might want to put up a prompt for that.
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Jit » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:50 am

----------
Last edited by Jit on Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jit
Somewhat familiar

Postby NocturneWolf » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:57 am

Jit wrote:And it seems like rubbing will heal you at times, even if the enemy isn't friendly (possibly a bug?).

I think that's actually design intent, if I read the details in the original post correctly. That being said, I agree with you with the befriending and digestion damage issues, and maybe getting rid of that detail (or at least toning it down some) might make for more of a challenge. I also agree on the desire for modding potential though, that'd be pretty sweet for a game with such a promising foundation.
NocturneWolf
Participator

Postby Gibet » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:39 am

This game is creative and fun enough that it has gotten me to make my first forum post in what I think is years. I really am enjoying this, thanks!
"The predator's job isn't done when the hunt is over." -Topaz the fairy
Gibet
Participator

Postby yoyox » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:54 am

I think that bug has to do with clicking the screen. At the moment, that crashes the game, but otherwise it works alright, so just don't click the screen. ;3

try that sadly it sill acting up and im still unable to play all it dose is have the text at the start up blink like an mad men
yoyox
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game