Vore Roguelike

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Vore Roguelike

Postby gatess » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:31 pm

Whelp. Long time lurker here, but didn't decide to make an account until just recently.

Recently, I was bored and decided to start working on a game. I've always loved roguelikes, so I thought to myself, "why not?"

As I worked a bit more on the game, vore popped into my mind, and I figured, why not make it a vore roguelike?

For those who do not know what a roguelike is, it is a procedurally generated dungeon-crawler with randomized monsters/maps/items. Graphics typically consist of just simple letters (as is the case here). Roguelikes are also famous for being extremely hard.

The game, as it stands now, is fairly basic, but all systems have been (for the most part) implemented, including:
-Randomly generated floors
-Randomly generated enemies
-Randomly generated items
-M/m, m/f, f/m, f/f vore consisting of oral, anal, unbirth, and cockvore.

Please note: The game currently only contains 2 types of enemies and a few types of items (no consumable items as of yet). More content is to come.

Stairs
-This is not written in the game anywhere, so am including it here. Forgot that not everyone has played a roguelike before. Stairs are represented by "<", upstairs, and ">", downstairs. The keys to use them are the exact same as the symbols (you MUST hold shift).

How stat mods work:
-You can have a maximum of 18 in any stat.
-Stats are: strength, endurance, dexterity, and wisdom.
-If you have less than 10, your mod is -1 for that stat. If you have 10, your mod is 0. If 11-13, mod is 1. If 14-15, mod is 2. If 16-17, mod is 3. If 18, mod is 4.
-You get an additional 2 health per level per endurance mod.

How the combat works:
-This is pretty standard in roguelikes. You walk into an enemy to attack them. It's as simple as that. Getting ganged up on is NEVER a good idea.
-Movement is controlled with the arrow keys, 1-9 on the numpad, or "QWEDCXZA" for those without numpads (like myself). The rest of the controls are visible in-game.
-Enemies (and you) deal damage via dice rolls. For those who do not understand the notation, it is "xDy", where x is the number of dice rolled, and y is the number of sides on the dice. I.e.: 1d6 means rolling a 6 sided dice a single time. You deal additional damage based on your strength mod. You deal critical hits more often based on your dexterity mod. Final damage is calculated damage - the target's defense. Damage can never be lower than 1.
-Vore current happens when your health is 75% or lower. Megabeasts (huge creatures), i.e. a dragon, ignore this and can vore you at any time.
-Vore includes both a damage and a lust system. If you are in the stomach, both you and your pred gain 5 lust per round, 10 per round for anal vore, and 15 for both cockvore and unbirth. If you reach 100 lust while inside of a pred, you will be helpless for three turns as you...relieve stress. The same goes for the pred. However, if the pred has a lust of 100, instead of taking damage per turn, you will be healed for half as much per turn. So, a normal pred will deal 1 damage * level to you per round while you are inside of them, and heal you for half as much if they have a lust of 100.
-Actions while vored: struggle and rub. All enemies have a base struggle limit of 10, plus 2 times their endurance mod (yes, enemies have stats too). Struggling does 2 + your endurance mod * 2 to their struggle limit (so if your endurance is under 10, it is impossible for you to escape via struggling). If their struggle limit reaches 0, you escape, and they are sick for 3 turns, during which they cannot vore you again. If you choose to rub, you increase their lust by 10 + your wis mod.
-Pred Lust: When pred lust reaches 100, they are not only incapacitated. When they are "finished," they have a chance to become friendly. The base chance is 33%. This chance is modified by both your wisdom mod and their wisdom mod. I.e. base 1/3 chance, if your wisdom mod is 2 or higher and theirs is 0, you get 1/(3-2(your mod)+0(their mod)). In other words, if your wisdom mod minus their wisdom mod is less than or equal to 2, you have a 100% chance to befriend them.
-Befriended enemies: Currently they just stand there. If you choose to interact with a befriended enemy (by walking into them), you can either ask them to vore you or swap places with you. If you are inside of a friendly enemy, you get healed for 1*their level per turn, and enemies cannot attack you. In the future, enemies will target befriended enemies.

Whew, think that just about covers it for the game systems.
My potential plans for the future:
-Befriended enemy AI (they will follow you around, and attack enemies). Note: You are the only prey in this entire dungeon. Enemies cannot eat befriended enemies, and vice-versa.
-Ranged enemies and abilities *soon*

Looking for any feedback really, and any suggestions (predators, digestion text scenes, items, etc.)
Note: The enemies in this game are all of either animal or anthropomorphic nature. I will not be including any enemies that have human parts attached to them (i.e. human-bodied nagas).
Note#2: This game, obviously, contains adult content. Please do not play it if you are under 18 or easily offended.
Note#3: This game is written in java, so as long as your computer has java, it should run fine, regardless of your OS.

Changelog:
v1.2:
-Fixed some crashes that would occur
-Improved monster AI quite a lot
-Added a proper line of sight/vision system
-Added a few monster and items on the first four floors
-Fixed some typos
-Added support for talking to befriended monsters (right now, very little text is implemented; primarily a system for if/when important/special characters are included)
-No longer guaranteed a 100% befriend rate with high wisdom
-Struggling now does damage based on endurance in addition to being an easier escape method in some scenarios (it was pretty useless before)

V1.1:
-Fixed window issue, game should actually work now, regardless of clicking.

And, without further ado, the download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ay6cu466xmqnjnj
Last edited by gatess on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:35 pm, edited 7 times in total.
gatess
New to the forum

Re: Vore Roguelike

Postby Bright » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:05 pm

Well, it sounds very interesting. Seems like you got a system going on.

Hmm, seems like I have to register to download the link.
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby gatess » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:08 pm

Bright wrote:Well, it sounds very interesting. Seems like you got a system going on.

Hmm, seems like I have to register to download the link.
Yeah, sorry about that. Could not find another sharing service that did not limit downloads per day, or that did not delete your files after like 10 days on a free account.

If anyone has a better sharing site suggestion, that would be great.
gatess
New to the forum

Postby madcommanderfox » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:28 pm

it says press any key to continue and i press keys but it does nothing
madcommanderfox
Somewhat familiar

Postby Salvec » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:29 pm

for some reason i cant get past the title screen it says to press any key to continue but nothing happens no matter what i do
Salvec
New to the forum

Postby Eolwin » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:33 pm

I think drop box can do that.

This is really interesting. But I saw only wolves. Where is the second type of enemy? Or you were talking about female ones and male ones.
Hope you can continue and improve this game!
Just one question : what are the blue ">" or "<" done for?
Eolwin
Somewhat familiar

Postby unicorn » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:39 pm

I love roguelikes!
This sounds like a pretty neat thing to try, though i admit i'm reluctant to do so because i don't want to sign up on that sharing site.
(Dropbox is a really useful program/service, as someone mentioned - i highly recommend it)

Eolwin wrote:Just one question : what are the blue ">" or "<" done for?

I would guess those are stairs up and down, as those symbols represent stairs in roguelike games generally. Bu yeah, i haven't played it yet... Maybe that's why you haven't found the second type of enemy yet?
unicorn
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Eolwin » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:51 pm

unicorn wrote:
Eolwin wrote:Just one question : what are the blue ">" or "<" done for?

I would guess those are stairs up and down, as those symbols represent stairs in roguelike games generally. Bu yeah, i haven't played it yet... Maybe that's why you haven't found the second type of enemy yet?

Ok, but I couldn't find a way to interact with them.
Eolwin
Somewhat familiar

Postby madcommanderfox » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:06 pm

can someone help me i cant get past title screen
madcommanderfox
Somewhat familiar

Postby MagicOddEffect » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:08 pm

Ooh, roguelike. Don't think I've seen any vore games like this before.

How are you programming this? Writing raw code, using a maker, or something else? You may want to look up some coding advice...because if it's in an object-oriented language, you could find pre-built modules to help you with something like that line-of-sight code.

My programming knowledge is limited to very basic Java, so...eh. I wish I could help you out! I am good at writing, so if you need any creativity done, please ask.

I'm going to play this right now.
VC_3.0_00000000000000000000000_00000000000000000000000_92915755426670_464526615564675611111551155453250_5

(All those zeroes are because I've never roleplayed before. I don't know my preferences there. I'd like to try it sometime.)
MagicOddEffect
Somewhat familiar

Postby timbob » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:14 pm

I've noticed that if I click on the screen after the game is running then it stops working. Hope that helps.
timbob
New to the forum

Postby nyanyan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:35 pm

works fine for me, though, like Eolwin I can't seem to leave the first floor, maybe it's a bug, maybe it's not in, but I would like to know.
nyanyan
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby gatess » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:44 pm

Whew, lots of comments, so will try to address what I can.

madcommanderfox wrote:it says press any key to continue and i press keys but it does nothing

This is an odd one...might have something to do with how the game is reading key inputs. Are you running on Windows or Mac, and are you using a special keyboard?

Eolwin wrote:I think drop box can do that.

This is really interesting. But I saw only wolves. Where is the second type of enemy? Or you were talking about female ones and male ones.
Hope you can continue and improve this game!
Just one question : what are the blue ">" or "<" done for?

">" and "<" are stairs. The keys to use them are the exact same as the symbols (sorry that I forgot to write this in the description). ">" are downstairs and "<" are upstairs. The only other enemy in the game currently is on the second floor (just a bear, nothing special).

unicorn wrote:I love roguelikes!
This sounds like a pretty neat thing to try, though i admit i'm reluctant to do so because i don't want to sign up on that sharing site.
(Dropbox is a really useful program/service, as someone mentioned - i highly recommend it)

I'll give dropbox a shot then. I haven't used many file sharing services in the past, so was having trouble finding a good one.

MagicOddEffect wrote:Ooh, roguelike. Don't think I've seen any vore games like this before.

How are you programming this? Writing raw code, using a maker, or something else? You may want to look up some coding advice...because if it's in an object-oriented language, you could find pre-built modules to help you with something like that line-of-sight code.

My programming knowledge is limited to very basic Java, so...eh. I wish I could help you out! I am good at writing, so if you need any creativity done, please ask.

I'm going to play this right now.

Engine is entirely my own (coded from the ground up). I did borrow most of the map generation code (as random seeds are a bit beyond what I know about programing right now), but all else is my own. I will probably end up looking for a line of site function when I get around to it. Just wasn't my first priority for this initial release.

timbob wrote:I've noticed that if I click on the screen after the game is running then it stops working. Hope that helps.

Just tested this, and yup, getting the same result. Will look into it. I am also assuming this is why some people couldn't get past the title screen.
Last edited by gatess on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gatess
New to the forum

Postby Schpadoinkle » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:51 pm

So are you able to swallow enemies, or is this just another one where the player is only prey?
Schpadoinkle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby gatess » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:54 pm

Schpadoinkle wrote:So are you able to swallow enemies, or is this just another one where the player is only prey?

Only prey. Sorry.
gatess
New to the forum

Postby Shadowlyger » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:00 pm

Being unbirthed by a bear doesn't give me any options to do anything.
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby warbrand4 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:02 pm

can't get past the press any key thing, I am running windows using a standard keyboard.

edit: got it working apparently I have to hit num lock instead of any key.
Last edited by warbrand4 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
just an RPG maker mapper,
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Shadowblaze » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:11 pm

Haven't tried this one out yet, but I love the idea of a vore Roguelike- sounds like it'd fit that type of gameplay perfectly! :D
Shadowblaze
Participator

Postby Avant » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:13 pm

Always wondered if a vore roguelike would be made. Hope this really kicks off,.
Avant
Participator

Postby gatess » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:36 pm

Changed to mediafire, so should not require an account to download now. Also fixed the window issue, so game should function fine now.

Shadowlyger wrote:Being unbirthed by a bear doesn't give me any options to do anything.

Will look into it later, but am done for tonight.
gatess
New to the forum

Next

Return to Vore game