Resurrection: Fate of Ellirium - The Prologue

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Cursed Crown. 2.5

Postby warbrand4 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:49 pm

Contest reminder, the contest ends the 16th any one wanting to try Please post.

current qualifiers

Savageperv: Seeking Elemental
Zomulgustar: dark scale naga
Murdercarp: Missing Item

We really need more entries.
just an RPG maker mapper,
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Zomulgustar » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:24 am

Two more days for the contest so I thought I might submit a couple more ideas. Very basic this time. Hoping my long submission before didn't scare anyone off. If someone wants to steal one of these and flush it out a bit and call it their own then they're welcome to it. I also wanted to suggest a new idea for a quest giver. A monster guild. Like the human merc guild only monster oriented. Possibly only opens up if monster affinity is high enough. The first edition of this game had human and monster affinities in opposition to each other, I'm kind of hoping that maybe won't be the case in the remake. Sure, a lot of actions might force a choice between the two, but I can see many scenarios where both factions could be helped by your actions. Just a thought.

Idea 1
Alchemist: Special Clients

"Entrepreneur Alchemist in town is developing new strains of ReLife potions and is looking for both human and monster guinea pigs..... I mean volunteers."

Alchemist somewhere at the edge of town caters to her highend clients with a certain fetish. Her new potions must be tested before she'll sell them. Potency and duration need to be studied. Humans in party want nothing to do with it, but monster girls in party are intrigued. Three human volunteers are each given a potion and asked to wait until their turn. You must choose in which order to eat them. They all seem willing at first, though once the word slips out that the potion might not be viable after a given amount of time, its too late to back out. They all seem eager the first time you choose, desperate the second, and scared to death the third. First gets reformed perfectly, gets paid and sent home. Second reforms miniture(I know you don't like shrinking potions, this can be easily changed.) and instead of being released is eaten by alchemist, since "terms of contract explicitly stated a test of viability, which this is obviously a failure, can't have this getting out". Third makes for a very nice meal for monster girl and is never seen again. If second monster girl is in party she becomes jealous and alchemist offers you a special potion as long as you use it right then and let her "study" the process(seems she shares this fetish, her professional demeanor seems to be slipping). If you agree then potion works fine, but monster girl acts intoxicated for awhile afterwards as a side effect. Very happy though! Reward will be a little gold and possibly a view into the inner workings of how these potions are made and might become available for purchase later.

Idea 2
Assassinate Great Forest Sprit

Village requesting help to free itself from being extorted any longer by a monsterous forest spirit(Whatever monster girl you like, just using forest spirit as a placeholder).

Elder in village tells you a tale of a monster that demands a sacrifice from them every full moon for "protection". If they refuse they get attacked and many more die. They've tried to fight in the past and were slaughtered. They've spent a fortune on a potion that should make its drinker poisonous to any predator for a given time. It's their plan to poison the beast this month and kill it before it recovers from its weakened state. Sacrifice this year is the chiefs own daughter, who begs you to help make this sacrifice not be in vain. Party verifies these facts quickly as such situations aren't all that uncommon and can choose to either agree with plan or not(Fail). If they agree then they can choose to give the chiefs daughter a ReLife potion instead of the poison right before delivery(monsters in your party hated the idea of using an underhanded trick like poison anyway). Fight takes place regardless afterwards as chief jumps out and rushes forest spirit soon after his daughter seems to expire("Now, while its weakened"), He quickly gets batted away and battle commences. Fight is significantly harder if poison was not used, but chief is overcome with joy and offers you anything you'd like. Since the reward money and poison ingredients pretty much bankrupted the village it isn't much. Monster girls in your party might have a few ideas...

Hope you like them. Modify, use however you'd like. Thanks again for making the game.
Zomulgustar
Participator

Postby dirito » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:50 am

When I give the letter to Ellen ,It’s show: Script 'message' line 608: NomethodError occurred.undefined method' upcase'for nil:NilClass.
Please tell me how to work it out .
dirito
Been posting for a bit

Postby Zomulgustar » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:13 am

dirito wrote:When I give the letter to Ellen ,It’s show: Script 'message' line 608: NomethodError occurred.undefined method' upcase'for nil:NilClass.
Please tell me how to work it out .

That has been pointed out at least three times already and was most recently responded to just 7 posts earlier. You can search forum threads. Please at least attempt finding an answer before posting a question in the future. That bug is known and is basically the end of the story. It will never be fixed since the makers are remaking the game.
Zomulgustar
Participator

Postby warbrand4 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:14 am

CONTEST UPDATE
well it is now over. Here are the 3 winners, place will be determined later today, and Information will be sent via a PM telling them what place they got and requesting any info if needed.

Savageperv: Seeking Elemental
Zomulgustar: dark scale naga
Murdercarp: Missing Item

Note: do to work on the monsterologist, this prize will not be seen till later this year or early next depending on how life goes (the scheduled path we have is: cursed crown rework prologue, the monsterologist first island, cursed crown rework part one stage one (first half of part one), the monsterologist second island, cursed crown rework part one stage two(where these will be).
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Murderkarp » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:18 pm

Nice. I placed. I was a bit worried my quest was rather convoluted.

EDIT: duh, of course I placed. There were only 3 people. Haha, wow, I must be tired or something.
Murderkarp
Somewhat familiar

Postby warbrand4 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:31 pm

actually there was people that 4 entered, 3 of which qualified.

Edit: miscounted.
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby mephistoVII » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:45 am

Time for the News.

Well first of all here is the list of the winners of the "Quest Contest" and their respective places.

First Place:
Zomulgustar. With the quest "Dark Scale Naga"

Second Place:
SavagePerv. with the quest "Seeking Elemental"

Third Place:
Murderkarp. With the quest "Missing Item"

The Prizes!:
First Place:
(1) The quest in game.
(2) Custom character in game, character will be a mercenary which can be hired in the second half of the first part, will have one or two scenes in game, and the character can break lore. The custom character can be an OC of yours, an anime/manga character or a game character.
(3) Development input on CC's remake. We will focus on a change or two which you think will help the game, note that we have the right to veto it and ask you think of another change if it is being already being changed or your idea doesn't fit the game concept. This reward includes a copy of the test version of the game when we are getting it ready for release.

Second Place:
(1) The quest in game.
(2) Custom character in game, will be a repeat character but can not be recruited, can have one or two scenes as either pred or prey and can break lore. The custom character can be an OC of yours, an anime/manga character or a game character.

Third Place:
(1) The quest in game.
(2) Custom character in game, will only appear once in a location and will leave after talked to, can give players an item, or have a scene though can not be a pred. The custom character can be an OC of yours, an anime/manga character or a game character.

Now time for the news Pt2.

Well, following the suggestion of at_tltb of making a menu to see how many Vore Scenes you found in each area and how many are left I made this:
teaser.PNG
New Main Menu.

teaser1.PNG
No Scenes Found.

teaser2.PNG
1 Scene Found.

The numbers of Total Scenes is not fixed yet. Also all scenes found remain with you even if you suffer a game over. However they will be reseted upon choosing new game.

That's all for now guys.
mephistoVII
Participator

Postby Zomulgustar » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:12 am

Yay! Looking forward to trying out the test version. Vore scene menu looks nice.
Zomulgustar
Participator

Postby tinyman135 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:53 pm

I see from the title someone has watched SOA
tinyman135
Been posting for a bit

Postby warbrand4 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:47 pm

Bad news coming

Ok, I hate to be the one to say this, but all progress on this and the monsterologist... may be lost. Mephisto has had some problems with his laptops battery for a while, and yesterday it went out, now this alone isn't enough to say that everything is lost and a battery can be replaced... the thing is from what he tells me his laptop isn't even turning on when plugged in.... which means it could be a lot worse.

What this means for the games.

both this, and the monsterologist are currently on hold until the laptop is fixed or replaced. (no clue if mephisto has back ups for things). hopefully it is just the battery and this will only slow things down for a week or two.
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby WoodenDuck » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:06 pm

warbrand4 wrote:Bad news coming

Ok, I hate to be the one to say this, but all progress on this and the monsterologist... may be lost. Mephisto has had some problems with his laptops battery for a while, and yesterday it went out, now this alone isn't enough to say that everything is lost and a battery can be replaced... the thing is from what he tells me his laptop isn't even turning on when plugged in.... which means it could be a lot worse.

What this means for the games.

both this, and the monsterologist are currently on hold until the laptop is fixed or replaced. (no clue if mephisto has back ups for things). hopefully it is just the battery and this will only slow things down for a week or two.

You probably knew this already, but just in case you didn't, getting the data off a dead laptop is an easy thing to do.

You just need an adapter that goes from USB to SATA/IDE (depending on the type of hard drive). They generally cost around $10 to $15, and they're great to have around. I've got one that works on both laptop and desktop hard drives, and it only cost around $10. If the laptop is kaput, you just take the hard drive out, plug it into the adapter, and then you can read that hard drive from another computer like it's a memory stick or external drive. It won't save your laptop, but it means you don't have to lose your data even if the laptop dies. (And I'm sure Mephisto has a lot of other stuff he cares about on that laptop besides this game).
WoodenDuck
Somewhat familiar

Postby tinyman135 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:15 pm

Can somebody help me I saved at a bad time and now there is no way to get out alive is there a way to force open the menu to teleport out

Edit: I somehow managed to force pause during the dialogue and teleported elsewhere but now the screen is black though I can access the menu, move around and talk to people
tinyman135
Been posting for a bit

Postby Zomulgustar » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:00 am

A bad battery can prevent the laptop from turning on even if connected to AC power, so hopefully its an easy fix. If not then data from the hard drive can be recovered in numerous ways, WoodenDuck's way being an easy one. Hopefully you have everything backed up. I know you've lost data in the past. I know I back up religiously now after a similar incident myself. Good luck.
Zomulgustar
Participator

Postby Murderkarp » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:09 am

Not sure if it's the same thing, but I had to deal with a dead battery on a laptop once. It worked fine plugged in after I removed the battery, but I'm unsure if that would help in this situation.
Murderkarp
Somewhat familiar

Postby tinyman135 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:34 am

Sorry if I phrased it weird but its only on the save that I force teleported and I can still see speech boxes and the menu when I pause
tinyman135
Been posting for a bit

Postby nipnaki » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:45 am

I get that it's in redevelopment, but I didn't really like it. The prologue was kind of fun. Classic dungeon crawling, puzzle solving, deathknight-smarming fun. Had a few pretty counter-intuitive mechanics and quest triggers, but that was ok. The forums helped me out, kinda. I got to the port and realized how bored I was. Grinding through the forest with "oh god the bees they're in my eyes" was a chore more than anything else given the party's power level at the time. Nothing in the game up to that point is remotely threatening, which leads me to conclude that it's part of the development cycle power balancing thing. I wouldn't have minded it if the vore scenes had kept me interested. They're kind of lackluster. Presumably there's better content down the road given the >400mb size, but I just couldn't get engaged enough to go for it. Sorry if this reads as an indictment or something, but I wanted to provide feedback.
nipnaki
Somewhat familiar

Postby warbrand4 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:52 am

something most people can agree on in that post... sadly.

NEWS.. SORT OF. (more just rambling on my part)

Just accured to me I never stated the main reasons why we where/are, remaking this instead of letting it die.

as for remaking it here are the reasons.
1.we wrote our selves into a corner with the story and could not progress it.
2.most the events and story lines in this where either "half done" or not well written, (most if not all quests will be expanded)
3.the prologue was an experiment by mephisto to see if he could make a game (hence why every thing was so random in it), and was not originally a vore game (hence why the vore seems tacted on)
4. when I joined, we started experimenting with more mechanics and items, half of which had no use except for one or two areas, we had to remove them in the remake cause they where useless (means total rework of the pyramid will be happening)

why we didn't just let this die... ok only one reason for this. I got bored as I finished the maps for the monsterologist, ad remade all the maps in this up to the port town, and started working on a new story. (mephisto seems to like the idea, so we started the rework)

When mephistos computer problems get fixed (learned it isn't just the battery), we will have this up in about a 2 to 3 weeks, it will just be the prologue and it will be 100% different from the original, game.

changes you can expect. (note spoiler heavy)
Spoiler: show
a better story (aka an actual story): instead of being a story where you unleash an evil then go fight it. the "evil" you unleash is not truely evil, just working towards a better world for "its" kind, which may be good or bad depending on how you view the "villain".

more vore scenes/more scenes out of battle: we have worked on improving and adding vore scenes through out the game, in any area where lore or story will permit, keep in mind some areas will have alot of scenes (the crown palace area has 16 so far) while others will have very little (ravens cost will only have 1 or 2 not counting inn scenes)

different mechanics: we have removed the skill try mechanics, as it was limited. mostly in the fact we could not change some one class with it. The new system is a use xp to unlock new skills system, this system also allows use to change a characters class yet let them retain skills they have learned from the old class. this feature will be seen with yuki later on as she is turned into a werewolf in a side story line.

side story lines: right now, the game only has "one" and it only has one part, that being the ravens wish side story with yuki. We are going to expand on this, by adding a few more side stories which unlock new parts as you go, right now raven's which is the only one I will tell you about cause I haven't cleared the other two ideas with mephisto.. and can't right now.
ravens wish will contain 3 main quests as well as 4? side quests. the 3 main quests being raven's wish, little red ridding hood(based around the story sort of), and yuki's form (name temp). with the side quests being things like clearing a demon out of the lower part of the lair, and capturing a run away pack member who is causing chaos.

A "lives" system: I was going to introduce this as part of the part two game play, but thought that would be to long for a basicly get out of death free card, so it is introduced as part of the prologue, the relife potions. Said potions will allow you to "survive" death if drank right before the event, note in the case of boss battles you have to drink this with in 2 turns of dying. This adds a lot to the game, as with it you can fail some quests in every way, doing so will actually have an effect on the world some times. (can't tell any ways as none are cleared with mephisto)

the inns: they will have things to do in them, besides rest. With the new merc system, you will have scenes with each party member, each being different, from the ability to feed prey party members to pred members, to pred ones eating kross (fatal and none fatal). though this will require alot of work on our part, we are pretty sure it will end up well.

tiered party members: with the games new merc system party members will be tiered (this has been mentioned already), as such there will be 4 types of party members: temp allies(parts of quests, have set levels and skills), payed mercs(little story, set skills), earned mercs(allies and friends made through the game, not related to story, example karen. have learned or set skills), and story allies(have learned skills, can change dialog of events if in party, have special scenes in inns{except for axel who has none})
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Murderkarp » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:55 pm

Hype intensifies. I hope Mephisto's laptop can be recovered. Very tempted to replay the dropped version again. Haha.
Murderkarp
Somewhat familiar

Postby mephistoVII » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:04 pm

Hey guys time for the news!

So as you all already know my laptop is currently dead. I'm writing right now using my PS4. Well wanted to tell you guys that I already sent my laptop to a technician this morning. It should be fixed this week or so I hope.
Anyway it's there already, if nothing is lost will continue working on it without problems. The CC prologue re-work is mostly done, just need to fix a few errors, add the scenes found command in the remaining scenes and some lesser fixes. Once I get my laptop back will finish the CC prologue and start working on "The Monsterologist" 2º Act.

That's all for now guys.
mephistoVII
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game