Devourment [Skyrim mod, F/?] (Discontinued)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment [Skyrim mod, F/?] (Updated v0.46)

Postby Zhao » Fri May 17, 2013 9:21 am

I think I can now confirm without a doubt that DFB Random Encounters has big issues with Devourment.
Sometimes a swallowed DFB npc will not completely digest in another npc, if this happens, it may permanently break the digestion script. And anyone, including your character, will never be regurgitated.
Unfortunately, I can also confirm that saves games after a break will continue to have this issue.
I could be wrong though about DFB completely being the culprit to this break though. I know exactly which npc's and when the problem occurred, but I really have no way to tell if they were both DFB, one or maybe neither.
I was wondering Vegan, is there a way you can add an option to disable or kill your scripts? (which alot of script heavy mods do for needed or wanted uninstallation, or if anything messes up)
If your scripts could be restarted, then perhaps a bug like this would be reset?
And thanks for the new update, and so quickly too.

Zhao
Zhao
Been posting for a bit

Postby Daniel092004 » Fri May 17, 2013 12:17 pm

bellyvisitors3 wrote:well there is one bug, whenever i ask to be swallowed i can not get back out

Vegan stated that the npc devour mechanism relies on a non-infinite shout-timer, so if you are using "tgm" for God Mode, turn it off when you want a follower to eat you.
Daniel092004
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby stevebat » Fri May 17, 2013 12:48 pm

Brawls are still broken, Most of the time the person in question goes full hostile pulls out their sword and beats me to death with it.

Also if you digest someone while hiding people still turn hostile in the near vicinity, and if you silent swallow someone but fail to swallow, guards turn hostile but no bounty. This leads to an unfortunate scenario of getting surrounded by guards

By the way this mod is hilarious when combined with that random sex mod, Nothing like getting beaten down raped then eaten.
stevebat
Somewhat familiar

Postby ShadesofBlack » Fri May 17, 2013 3:28 pm

Kavvanshrike wrote:
Aside from regurgitating prey and then lethally swallowing them, have you considered making a mechanic for non-lethally swallowing friendly NPCs, then betraying them and digesting anyway?

hmm one way to implement this idea might be to add a reasonably high (persuade) speech check which results in you swallowing them willingly(and legally) but once you've "finished them off" it gets counts as murder if anyone witnesses your delicious ruse.

I really like this idea. In fact, I like the idea of a setting (I know not everyone will want it) and later on in your custom world, that makes it so you have to convince people to let you swallow them non-lethally. You'd get a huge bonus for your followers or for people you've done big favors for, but I mean... how do people know the difference in your intent to digest or not when you just walk up to someone and gulp them down in the middle of town? It seems kinda weird that the guards are okay with it if you aren't planning to digest, but instantly jump into a panic otherwise. You might also consider suspending the loud gurgle noises or replacing them with something more gentle when you are carrying someone non-lethally.

That said, this mod is still incredibly awesome so far, and is the first actually good implementation of a vore mod for the elder scrolls games that I've seen. The suspension of disbelief that surrounding people can automatically tell if you're planning to digest is nothing compared to what's necessary for both vore itself and most of the other stuff a dragon-born does. I've actually made Mindy, one of my old rp characters from back when I played here in the chat, in Skyrim. I can't play her exactly as she was, obviously, but she's close enough that I'm happy with the conversion. Hope to see more, but I'm quite happy with what you've already done; it's renewed my interest in a game which I'd set down months ago.

One more thought:
The current mechanic for the no scat option could be a bit... clunky for players who have low carrying weight or don't usually pick up everything off the bodies of the defeated. It can result in the following situation:
Mindy encounters a pair of bandits. She runs up and takes a few quick swings at the first one to lower his health, then grabs him and stuffs him down her throat. The other bandit panics and starts shooting at her, but she dodges a few arrows and steps back to an easier dodging distance while she digests her meal. As her stomach gurgles and shrinks, she looks hungrily at the second bandit and licks her lips, preparing to... and suddenly, she can't move at all, burdened by the cramps that the bandit's undigested gear is giving her. And then she took an arrow to the knee.
If you're quick to jump into the menu and drop all the excess loot which you don't want (most of the bandit's armor, that unenchanted two-handed hammer he was using) as soon as your character burps, it's not a big deal. But then you do have to sort through your whole inventory to find the unwanted items. Also, this tends to automatically progress any quests that involve looting a specific item, and the dialog can be difficult to pay attention to during a fight.
I would suggest (again, possibly as an optional setting if people would rather) making the items simply appear in front of or slightly to the side of the player once the prey is digested. It could work very much like the current scat option, minus the sound effect and substituting the visually biggest item in the set (like the armor) for the scat pile. It would also result in what some find humorous, and some find sexy, that being burping up the prey's clothing after digesting them.
-Shades
ShadesofBlack
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Daniel092004 » Fri May 17, 2013 3:43 pm

I still think that something like the remains Ice Wraiths leave would be a nicer substitute.

What I'm talking about:
http://i.imgur.com/zrCCbOs.jpg
Daniel092004
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Evilpancake » Fri May 17, 2013 5:32 pm

ShadesofBlack wrote:Alright, giving this one a try, will help how I can.
Bug found:
...If you then ask them to swallow you, crash to desktop.
Other mods that are running and before this one in the load order:
Ask Follower Skills [Vanilla Font]
Fixed Followers Lite
Followers can Relax (looking forward to seeing how this one combines with devourment)

I'm willing to bet its one of the follower mods, i would disable those and try devourment again, then start turning them back on one at a time. My money goes on "Ask followers skills"

stevebat wrote:Brawls are still broken, Most of the time the person in question goes full hostile pulls out their sword and beats me to death with it

That has nothing to do with devourment, its a common issue with many mods, this is the known fix

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/24020/?

stevebat wrote:Also if you digest someone while hiding people still turn hostile in the near vicinity, and if you silent swallow someone but fail to swallow, guards turn hostile but no bounty. This leads to an unfortunate scenario of getting surrounded by guards

I find that Line of Sight is the only thing that affects NPC's reacting to digesting in public, if i'm standing around a corner where NO NPC's can see me, i usually get away.

As far as the guards, i've never liked how skyrim handles the crimes that well, like if i'm in someones house with only a child and mom, and i eat them both, while still inside the house, and none get a chance to warn the guards, i'll walk outside and all guards will be hostile...how the FRAK did they notice? The same goes if i silently kill them just with a standard sword while sneaking, or even using stealth kills...it's really dumb, so i feel no remorse in cheating. Just target any of the guards and type "paycrimegold 0 0" without the quotes and they will put their weapons away and meander off.

Daniel092004 wrote:
bellyvisitors3 wrote:well there is one bug, whenever i ask to be swallowed i can not get back out

Vegan stated that the npc devour mechanism relies on a non-infinite shout-timer, so if you are using "tgm" for God Mode, turn it off when you want a follower to eat you.

Have you learned how to shout yet? Like have you gotten the Unrelenting force shout? it was stated several pages back that you obviously cannot use a "shout" power, if you have not yet acquired that ability.
Evilpancake
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Freyyr » Fri May 17, 2013 6:10 pm

Vegan I've tried to get my character to fall through the world since the patch and i cant do it anymore in the spots that always did it, for reference it was always in Whiterun that i would fall through specifically right outside Breezehome.

I'm trying to get the leveled items to change again but its not happening anymore either, making a new character for testing that again right now. Will post tonight if i can get it to happen again.

Edit: Evil i just tested not having any shouts and could get out of Gerder at the start. So vegan might have done something to make it so getting even one shout isn't required.
Last edited by Freyyr on Fri May 17, 2013 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freyyr
Been posting for a bit

Postby Daniel092004 » Fri May 17, 2013 6:41 pm

Evilpancake wrote:Have you learned how to shout yet? Like have you gotten the Unrelenting force shout? it was stated several pages back that you obviously cannot use a "shout" power, if you have not yet acquired that ability.

I'm actually playing a character right now that still hasn't done the main quest or learned any shouts. The getting out of a person's belly works just fine for me.
Daniel092004
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Evilpancake » Fri May 17, 2013 9:10 pm

Freyyr wrote:Vegan I've tried to get my character to fall through the world since the patch and i cant do it anymore in the spots that always did it, for reference it was always in Whiterun that i would fall through specifically right outside Breezehome.

I'm trying to get the leveled items to change again but its not happening anymore either, making a new character for testing that again right now. Will post tonight if i can get it to happen again.

Edit: Evil i just tested not having any shouts and could get out of Gerder at the start. So vegan might have done something to make it so getting even one shout isn't required.

Ahh, that would make things easier then i guess, so forget that ;) As to not getting out, i dunno, i did find one thing that happens. If you get swallowed and you stay long enough to go back to a persons home still in their belly, you are still "trespassing" and thus you cannot wait which is kinda funny and logical, but both times it happened i shouted to get released and the game froze with a loud "DING" noise.
Evilpancake
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby thelionfour1 » Fri May 17, 2013 9:50 pm

hey vegan how close are you from getting skyrim wild life eating the player or npc's
thelionfour1
New to the forum

Postby GREGOLE » Fri May 17, 2013 10:20 pm

Well, I can't say I've been plagued by any bugs other than the "no friendly brawling" thing others have pointed out.

And since this looks like an insane amount of fun....
Spoiler: show
ScreenShot185.bmp
So I'm in Windhelm, and I meet this Freewinter guy. Good guy. Looks out for everyone, has a lot to say about human life. Anyway, he says the jarl's not doing his job. Says there's a bunch of cutthroats running about, and the jarl's not lifting a finger to stop them because they're not threatening any nords right this second.
So I go up to the jarl and I say "Hey, your highness. Did you know you've got a bandit encampment just outside, hounding everyone who passes by?

The man replies:

ScreenShot180.bmp

ScreenShot181.bmp
SO I ATE THAT BITCH!

ScreenShot182.bmp
By nord tradition, I am now the jarl of Windhelm. I hereby declare the war over! We're gonna clean up Grey Quarter, let the argonians buy lodging inside the city, construct an orphanage so all the countless families torn apart in the war can pick up the pieces, and decree that Hermir Strong-Heart must come into the palace every evening and rub my bel-

ScreenShot183.bmp
.... Ah forget it. >_>

ScreenShot179.bmp
On the plus side, I DID meet those prison guards.
GREGOLE
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Freyyr » Fri May 17, 2013 10:58 pm

ok so update for you vegan I cant seem to fall through the world anymore which is good. But i have been getting that brawling bug, the fix is to get that patch from nexus correct?

I have a question for you few that are posting pics how do you do that?
Freyyr
Been posting for a bit

Postby Raeziel » Sat May 18, 2013 1:46 am

I had two little bug recently... While a friendly NPC eating me the game suddenly frozen and a window appear, saying this was an c++ error 6025 - pure virtual fonction call. Second is after sending her friends to oblivion, i was trying to eat a redguard bandit but she's trying to eating me in the same time, stucking us both, unable to move. Sorry for the mistake, english isn't my first language but i hope this post will help you for this great mod.
Raeziel
New to the forum

Postby Evilpancake » Sat May 18, 2013 2:03 am

Freyyr wrote:ok so update for you vegan I cant seem to fall through the world anymore which is good. But i have been getting that brawling bug, the fix is to get that patch from nexus correct?

I have a question for you few that are posting pics how do you do that?

can't help but notice 2 people have commented on the brawl bug AFTER i posted the fix for it... /facepalm
Evilpancake
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Freyyr » Sat May 18, 2013 2:20 am

sigh /headtodesk.... now i feel stupid for mentioning i had that brawl thing.

Edit: And i did get the enemies to get their gear to change but it wasnt on death it was when they where thrown back up the items would change.
Freyyr
Been posting for a bit

Postby GREGOLE » Sat May 18, 2013 3:36 am

can't help but notice 2 people have commented on the brawl bug AFTER i posted the fix for it... /facepalm

Posted fix or not, he should be made aware of it.

We don't really know for sure if it's this mod specifically, or a side effect of having too many like you suggested.
GREGOLE
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Evilpancake » Sat May 18, 2013 4:20 am

no it's not having "too many" mods, i'm saying that many many other mods are affected by the brawl bug. Quite a few mods on the Nexus i've seen recently have listed the brawl bug patch as "recommended" mods to add to theirs

On a side note i found a very odd bug myself, i'd like to see if anyone else can test it for me to see if its my werewolf mod or not, but when i transform...my regular self seems to EAT my werewolf self JUST as the transformation completes. At first i thought a nearby guard did it, but my devourment skill grew when i transformed, and suddenly i was just not there with the stomach sounds playing. Anyone else tried to turn into a werewolf since they got this mod installed?

*edit - ok it's not devourment, it's something else. If i totally disable and remove it, then when i transform, i still disappear and have no control, only i hear breathing instead of the digesting noises...wtf...
Evilpancake
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Raeziel » Sat May 18, 2013 6:26 am

After some test, it's appear the c++ error 6025 is because my character wear somme weapon of the skyrim 40.000 - warhammer weapon mod and not only make this error when a friendly npc eat my redguard, but even when hostile npc wonder what is this taste.
Raeziel
New to the forum

Postby Evilpancake » Sat May 18, 2013 6:32 am

for those interested i figured out what caused my odd eat myself werewolf...crash...thing... It was the Paradise Halls slavery mod, the new 7.1 is out and it is buggy as shit. I had to revert back to save before i had installed the mod (already disabled it cuz nothing was working well). Luckily i only lost 2 levels, worth it to be able to continue being a werewolf. My recommendation, wait till the kinks are worked out (pun intended) if you plan on using that mod
Evilpancake
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Zhao » Sat May 18, 2013 6:35 am

Hey Vegan just a follow up to my last post, but i think I've been wrong about the digestion script having problems, and right about it being a mod conflict. I realized last night my character is from the Ningheim race. When their health goes critical a script activates a special ability that gives you a boost in combat. Perhaps that is conflicting and breaking the digestion script. If so, sorry about that, the problem may be on my end.
I am going to start a new game as a Temptress instead and without DFB on either, and I will see if anything wrong happens.

Zhao
Zhao
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game