Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.20.2]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Brogue Roguelike Vore Mod (M/M) [Beta Version Up]

Postby Topeantonio » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:59 am

So I try to unzip the thing, and it somehow skips the game itself (brogue.exe), but gives no error when that happens.Simply the file isn't decompressed onto the folder.
Any chance someone could give me this version's Brogue.exe or something?
Topeantonio
Been posting for a bit

Postby AlienEagle » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:52 pm

So you can see the seed listing for the dungeon generator. Is there a way to input the seed so we can get the same dungeon if it's a good spawn?
AlienEagle
New to the forum

Postby Snowytiggy » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:47 am

I can confirm that saving after resting next to a monster and then saying "no" desyncs the save.
Snowytiggy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Topeantonio » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:09 am

Topeantonio wrote:So I try to unzip the thing, and it somehow skips the game itself (brogue.exe), but gives no error when that happens.Simply the file isn't decompressed onto the folder.

...No help? :c
Topeantonio
Been posting for a bit

Postby Revx_Z » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Topeantonio wrote:
Topeantonio wrote:So I try to unzip the thing, and it somehow skips the game itself (brogue.exe), but gives no error when that happens.Simply the file isn't decompressed onto the folder.

Here. If this skips too, you may have .exe files hidden or something by a nannybot safety program.
Attachments
brogue.rar
(301.98 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Topeantonio » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:35 pm

Revx_Z wrote:
Topeantonio wrote:

Here. If this skips too, you may have .exe files hidden or something by a nannybot safety program.

Thanks. Now it works.
Also. In the "Planned/avaliable monsters" list... I guessed that "planned" ment not added. but I always get the same monsters, even at deep levels. Is it a bug or something?
Topeantonio
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheHungryELf » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:39 pm

Hmm... I have not played this game before but I would be happy to submit my ideas! I hope everything is OK here, I tried my best to stay within the limit.

Wood Elf male: Pred

Main description:
This Wood Elf used to live in peace, but lack of food has driven him to eat humans. Now he wishes to eat nothing else. He only wears a pair of pants, and they can be quickly dropped to consume one analy.

Attack verbs:
The Wood Elf punches.
The Wood Elf kicks.
The Wood Elf bites.
The Wood Elf stabs with sword.
The Wood Elf cuts with sword.

Vore attempt: (Oral)

The Wood Elf grabbs you tightly and opens his mouth wide, trying to shove you inside.

Swallow:

The Wood Elf forces your head into his mouth and starts swallowing, soon downing your chest, waist, legs, and then feet in meer minutes. You slowly are pushed down by the elf's pulsating throat and soon enter his tight stomach.

Willing:

The Wood Elf becons you over and grabs you. After kindly kicking your face he complements on how good you taste and then shoves your head into his open mouth and swallows you slowly. It is not long before you enter his belly.

Digestion:

The Wood Elf's stomach acids burn your skin.
The Wood Elf gives a burp and then a content sigh as you struggle.
The Wood Elf giggles as you struggle, knowing you cannot excape.
The Wood Elf's stomach pulsates around you.

Completion:

After fully digesting you, the elf goes off and finds a quiet spot in the dungeon. After undressing, he squats down and gives a groan, forcing scat out of his anus. Then the Wood Elf wipes his bum with some paper and walks off.

Vore attempt: (Anal)

The Wood Elf undresses and tries to press his butt against your face.

Swallow:

The Wood Elf successfully swallows your head with his ass. He moans in pleasure as you are slowly shoved inside as he squats down. It was not long before only your legs stuck out, and they were sucked in as well.

Willing:

The Wood Elf becons you over and places his naked butt on your face shoving it inside. Soon his body started pulling you inside, quicklu sucking up you chest, torso, and legs. He soon gives a moan before pushing your feet inside.

Digestion:

The Wood Elf's intestines pulsate to pleasure you.
The Wood Elf sucks you deeper into his ass.
The Wood Elf bowels begin to churn like a stomach as he pushes you deeper.
The Wood Elf's tight bowels pleasure you as you are sucked deeper in.

Completion:

As you enter the Wood Elf's stomach, he gave a content sigh and patted his gut, happy and full. Soon you were fully digested and turned into scat. Once he felt the need to go he squats down and pushes your remains out his anus.
TheHungryELf
???

Postby SentientMoon » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:12 am

TheHungryELf wrote:... After kindly kicking your face...

HA! "Here sir, allow me to kindly kick your face!"
SentientMoon
New to the forum

Postby SentientMoon » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:17 pm

R.I.P Brogue Vore Mod? D:
SentientMoon
New to the forum

Postby VincentTheFox » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:32 pm

SentientMoon wrote:R.I.P Brogue Vore Mod? D:

Nooo Its still being worked on :3
VincentTheFox
Been posting for a bit

Postby Myconid32 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:08 am

VincentTheFox wrote:
SentientMoon wrote:R.I.P Brogue Vore Mod? D:

Nooo Its still being worked on :3

Yeah. Sorry for the silence, but there's a nasty bug going around and, as we know, I have a tendency to become inconveniently ill.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Vinderex » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:39 pm

I got a suspicious file warning from my Antivirus. Did this happen to anyone else?
Vinderex
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: Laying atop my treasure hoard while consuming evil dragonslayers.

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:29 pm

Vinderex wrote:I got a suspicious file warning from my Antivirus. Did this happen to anyone else?
Nope. It should be fine.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Nibor » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:48 pm

If you're using Google Chrome, just go ahead and download it. It's a false positive on account of Chrome being notorious for not updating much.
Eka's resident lurker Yoshi!
My character list
Nibor
???

Postby Myconid32 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:52 am

A little bit of an update after a long downtime due to illness:

There's nothing new to download yet (my current version is unstable), but my intention is to release the next content update as open alpha. This is due to the fact that this site is unkind to mass PMs, and since Skype doesn't work for me I have no easy way to communicate with all my testers at once. Once the update is released, anyone is free to take a look and report any errors they find (preferably through the thread, so I don't get multiple PMs regarding the same issue).

That said, be warned that the upcoming update is purely a balance and technical update: there will be NO DESCRIPTIONS for the new enemies' vore moves, just placeholders. This is because thinking up and typing out descriptions tends to be the longest and most tedious part of adding a new enemy, and thanks to the sickness I'm in a thoroughly uncreative mood. Descriptions will be properly added while you guys are testing.

My intention is to release updates in the following order:
Technical enemy update: All enemies besides bosses added, with abilities (currently about half done).
Creative enemy update: Balance changes, bug fixes, and descriptions added for existing enemies.
Predator mode update: Adds player ability to devour enemies once he hits level 12.
Toggles update: Adds vore-type settings and difficulty toggles.
Troggmother update: Testing phase for the first boss.
Manticore update: Testing phase for the second boss.
Final Boss update: Testing phase for... the final boss.
Beta Update: "Complete" game, last call for new enemies.
Feature Complete Update: Final update except for bug fixes.

Thanks for your continued patience!
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Nibor » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:20 am

looking forward to it! And I'd be willing to help squash (or eat; I got a few frog characters)any bugs I find.
Eka's resident lurker Yoshi!
My character list
Nibor
???

Postby TheHungryELf » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:35 pm

Might I sugest a feature? How about unique monsters? They can be much stronger and more dangerous versions of existing monsters, like the Wood Elf I sugested. This has mainly been inspired my Angband, a game I play A LOT, and I think it would be be neat to see them.

Maybe they can even be some characters made by users around here...
TheHungryELf
???

Postby Myconid32 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:33 pm

@ TheHungryElf: You may need to explain that concept in a little more depth. I'm not sure I understand the mechanics of what you are suggesting.

Aside from that, I thought I'd comment on a couple of things I noticed/changed while tinkering. First, I'm not going to disguise the fact that the game is... meant to be played one-handed, so to speak. That said, I find it annoying occasionally that the game needs active input to continue with digestion, even if I'm just hitting the "Rest" key repeatedly. Therefore, I've changed it so that predators will automatically continue digesting you (effectively skipping ahead to your next turn) if you do nothing for a few seconds. This shouldn't affect gameplay since the timer resets if you perform an action (even moving the mouse), and so predators won't get extra turns to digest you or anything. It's only there for the player that wants to watch nature take its course :P

Another thing I've noticed is a trend in the digestion descriptions. Half of them seem to be from an outsider's perspective, including the predator (such as "The wolf struts through the dungeon as he digests you."), while others are inside perspectives (such as "You feel an unpleasant tingling all over."). Since the latter category tends to be very general and is more type-specific than enemy specific, I've decided to make a change to the way digestion messages are set up. Instead of each enemy having four messages per vore type, they will now randomly choose from either three enemy-specific messages per type or a larger set of shared vore-type specific messages. This way I don't have to think of twenty different ways to say "You're being burnt by acid." This will ironically make messages less repetitive since there are more messages to choose from. It will especially help to tone down the amount of content I have to produce for each enemy, since the tedious issue is finding new ways of saying the same thing. Being able to make quotes more specific to enemies and still have a variety of actual digestion messages will hopefully make the experience more exciting.

Let me know what you guys think about these changes!

P.S. The new way of printing digestion messages also gives me room to create new messages in the event of willing vore, something which has been requested several times.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Deioth » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:15 pm

Myconid32 wrote:P.S. The new way of printing digestion messages also gives me room to create new messages in the event of willing vore, something which has been requested several times.

The rest is all quite good, but to note on this specifically, I always figured a good "willing digestion" action would just hit rest when in a belly. Certainly love the idea of giving in and enjoying it when escape is impossible ]:8D

BTW, rather than fish through the thread for it, can you remind me what exactly the plan was to be for players to mod in their own community enemies?
Deioth
The second "Our One and Only" Minotaur

Postby Myconid32 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:40 am

Deioth wrote:BTW, rather than fish through the thread for it, can you remind me what exactly the plan was to be for players to mod in their own community enemies?

If you want a chance of it being in the current version, you should post a set of descriptive messages (described in one of the first few posts) either in a PM to me or in the thread. However, as I've said before, suggested enemies are not guaranteed to make it in and I won't comment on them specifically. You will know if your enemy made it in after the Beta update, which is the last chance to get enemies added before I stop taking requests.

If you just want to add your own by editing the game text, I'll release the source with the Feature-Complete Beta update (basically, once I'm done with my version of the game).
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game