Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.20.2]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Brogue Roguelike Vore Mod (M/M) [Beta Version Up]

Postby Bellove35 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:40 pm

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this but it would be a neat feature if you had different messages for willing digestion and completion. You wouldn't have to do it for every enemy (the Dire Bear works very well with willing vore) it just sort of takes me out of it if I let a Dire Wolf CV and digest me and then the messages say I'm struggling or that I "gurgle in horror."
Bellove35
New to the forum

Postby Myconid32 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:52 pm

I'm working on it as part of the digestion message overhaul.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Balgias » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:38 am

Any updates to be had ? I'de like to beta test this thing as I check it daily.
Balgias
Been posting for a bit

Postby Myconid32 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:49 pm

There've been a lot of RL issues keeping me from working on the game. Progress is being made, but really slowly. I have yet to finish the message overhaul, so the current version of the game would just vomit up errors if I tried to give you something to test. Sorry for the wait.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Snowytiggy » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:18 am

A wise man will wait patiently for a polished, quality production, whereas the fool will eagerly clamor for that which is not ready, and be fey at his perceived loss. Take whatever time you will and is healthy for you. Anticipation will make the reward all the sweeter. :gulp:
Snowytiggy
Somewhat familiar

Postby VictiniLover » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:53 am

Snowytiggy wrote:A wise man will wait patiently for a polished, quality production, whereas the fool will eagerly clamor for that which is not ready, and be fey at his perceived loss. Take whatever time you will and is healthy for you. Anticipation will make the reward all the sweeter. :gulp:

I don't know why, but the begging of what you posted, seems like a La-Mulana reference... God I've been playing that shit way to much...
VictiniLover
Been posting for a bit

Postby Snowytiggy » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:06 am

VictiniLover wrote:
I don't know why, but the begging of what you posted, seems like a La-Mulana reference... God I've been playing that shit way to much...

I can assure that it is not, for it came from my own mind, and nowhere else! *disclaimer* Contents of OP are that of OP author's inner machinations. Any and all resemblance to other postings and/or writings is entirely coincidental.
Snowytiggy
Somewhat familiar

Postby VictiniLover » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:43 pm

Snowytiggy wrote:
VictiniLover wrote:

I can assure that it is not, for it came from my own mind, and nowhere else! *disclaimer* Contents of OP are that of OP author's inner machinations. Any and all resemblance to other postings and/or writings is entirely coincidental.

I see... I guess I really just think that anything that sounds/reads similar to it, reference it. Sorry about that. ^^;
VictiniLover
Been posting for a bit

Postby Myconid32 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:20 pm

Progress report: still not dead.

The message overhaul is done and appears to be working fine ("appears to be" being the operative phrase), so I've moved on to finishing up the enemy creation and setup in preparation for the Technical Update. Once every enemy is made and placed in the game world, I'll release the updated version so we can all test the new features. I will reiterate that the new enemies will NOT yet have descriptive lines, as that is a task reserved for the Creative Update.

Between the two updates, I'll take reports from testers to fix balance and performance issues. Once I am satisfied that the game provides a fair challenge, we can move on. As a side note, the Technical Update is not the last chance to submit enemies. You can continue doing so through this thread or through PMs up until the Feature Complete Beta update.

Thanks again for following along with the creation of this mod :D
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Ryu8 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:32 pm

Will there be an option to start the game deeper than floor 1? Maybe a 'Free Mode', for people who want to experience the enemies that are deeper in the game, but don't want to have to fight their way through 10+ floors each time?
Ryu8
Been posting for a bit

Postby Myconid32 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:43 pm

Ryu8 wrote:Will there be an option to start the game deeper than floor 1? Maybe a 'Free Mode', for people who want to experience the enemies that are deeper in the game, but don't want to have to fight their way through 10+ floors each time?

I've stated before that the game will feature a Random Mode in which any creature can spawn on any floor (barring boss creatures, which do not spawn at all). The game's endings cannot be seen in this mode, as it is purely for those who wish to see a variety of creatures easily. In fact, this mode was the default back when I had made the game for myself; when I lost the data long ago and decided to remake it for a greater audience, I added more structure.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Snowytiggy » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:17 am

*is waiting all eager and asscited* <3
Snowytiggy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Snowytiggy » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:00 pm

*bumpity bump*
Snowytiggy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:10 pm

The lack of updates comes from the fact that I am having trouble with money, and thus working additional hours that would otherwise be spent coding. The next update is also rather large and, as its name implies, technical. It will not arrive in a timely fashion.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Snowytiggy » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:21 am

Myconid32 wrote:The lack of updates comes from the fact that I am having trouble with money, and thus working additional hours that would otherwise be spent coding. The next update is also rather large and, as its name implies, technical. It will not arrive in a timely fashion.

totally understandable and fine~ I'm just keepin the thread alive :3 I know the feeling all too well, and if I could help financially I probably would be doing so.
Snowytiggy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Achilles » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:24 am

Anyone have save, where you can meet lion?
Achilles
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:36 am

The lion is not implemented yet.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Snowytiggy » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:52 am

:gulp: bump :gulp:
Snowytiggy
Somewhat familiar

Postby DigiThing » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:38 pm

*licks bumper~*

now it seems like the later monsters glitch with the passing digestion
it makes the text wall fall down and up repeatedly
Remember to always have fun in whatever you do :3

DigiThing
DigiThing
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:33 am

DigiThing wrote:now it seems like the later monsters glitch with the passing digestion
it makes the text wall fall down and up repeatedly

Yeah, that happened. I fixed it at the cost of not being able to scroll through past messages while you are being digested, but I don't think many people did that anyway. If I'm wrong and you like being able to scroll back, you might want to speak up.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game