Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.20.2]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.9.1]

Postby Salanth » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:47 am

Myconid32 wrote:
That1guy wrote:I think that since version 9.0 enemies have started to walk into your space more often than before, which is quite a large issue as you can't attack them. The game has also started to crash on me more frequently in 9.0 and 9.1.

Sorry, but I can't reproduce this immediately and I don't have the time to wander around waiting for a crash. Can you remember what you may have been doing right before the crash happened? Particular enemies or effects? Had you eaten anyone?

Crashes tend to be random but might have something to do with enemies enemies walking into each other's spaces. As for enemies walking into each other's spaces DaelekLama describes something similar to that happening just above this post. I'll try to keep an eye out on what happens exactly.

Edit: Actually enemies do seem to disappear rather than enter each other's spaces, like I've previously thought. It happens quite often when you attack enemies from a very quick check.

Edit 2: I walked towards a slime at the same time as the slime was walking towards me (it was a 1 tile long corridor which makes it the only option) and when I was 1 tile away from the slime and i walked forwards it disappeared. In that case I would say it was case of walking into each other's space.

Edit 3: Happened once again. I was fighting a full bear when I walked onto his space just after he had jerked out a trogg. A giant rat who was in close pursuit walked onto the same space as the bear after that. To make enemies targetable again you can fix it by walking away and letting they follow you. Going to try and confirm or deny if this is the cause.

Edit 4: A wolf who jerked out a trogg became insubstantial. It seems that predators digesting their prey "looses collision" so to speak until they have walked away from the square where they disposed of their prey. Their icon also changes, for example, the wolf becomes a white square instead of a w. Hope you don't mind the edit-a-thon but it is a convenient way for me to write it.

Edit 5: Confirmed by watching recording. Predators disposing of their prey looses their collision until they move away from the space where they disposed of their prey.
Salanth
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby lati65 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:36 am

Don't know if this was brought up yet, but when you select random vore with the warlock after you offer yourself as food, the game crashes.
lati65
Been posting for a bit

Postby Revx_Z » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:30 am

Do you want more for me to give play reports or bug testing at present?
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Myconid32 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:10 pm

Revx_Z wrote:Do you want more for me to give play reports or bug testing at present?

You can do both if you have the time, but right now I'm trying to focus on bugs.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Daelakama » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:05 pm

Warlock Oral works perfectly fine.
Warlock unwilling CV causes a hard crash after the initial swallow message.
I noticed that the Warlock wasn't eating me at all if he was within melee distance, he simply kept following and attacking me until I gained an injury (It's strange that the lock didn't attempt to cast his vore spells at all on one of my tests, but it seems close range noms are attempted by the lock)(Turns out long range noms are what aren't functioning right??)
**A sergal didn't attempt to nom me, instead continuing to attack even after I received an injury similarly to the crossed post above. Unsure what causes this behavior. (I'm currently being surrounded by 4-5 different preds, all just attacking me o.o)
Preds and zealots engage in combat (assuming zealots aren't fully implemented, so eh~)
Daelakama
Somewhat familiar

Postby Revx_Z » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:08 pm

ClericTest:
Cleric gets corrupted into warlock.
Offering self to warlock-corrupted-from-cleric gives two choices, Oral and Random. Selecting Random gives CV text.
During being cumdigested by warlock-corrupted-from-cleric, the following line appeared several times:
?? ??t 1???? $A] h??o?????????? $ ] h??o????????????????U???? ? $
Eating clerics seems to work fine, all three holes.

WarlockTest:
Being televored into balls while critically wounded and being digested same turn by warlock works fine.
Being televored into balls results in a crash if the rogue is not critically wounded.
Being televored into stomach works fine.

ScholarTest:
Scholar gets corrupted into warlock.
Cockvore refers to "panicked shot" and "fire".

Main:
The "grass wolf" bug of predators temporarily acting like terrain tiles (appearance, intangibility) after digesting is still present.
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.9.2]

Postby Myconid32 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:39 pm

Update 0.9.2: Details in the changelog.

Changes in this version are entirely fixes for bugs mentioned since the previous version. Tile and monster visibility issues should be resolved now; as this was suspected to be the source of the frequent crashes, please let me know if the crashes still continue. The warlock's vore moves should now also function properly. For future reference, "Random" should NEVER appear as a vore type when offering yourself willingly. This should be reported as a bug if it occurs, because it means that an entity's vore moves are not syncing correctly.

Desync issues are still up in the air.

Revx_Z wrote:ScholarTest:
Scholar gets corrupted into warlock.
Cockvore refers to "panicked shot" and "fire".

This is intended; the shots mentioned refer to spells cast by the scholar while you are devouring him.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Daelakama » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:15 am

Just noticed, enemies seem to swallow each other before you see them again with this set of updates. (This only occasionally happens. I found a group of mobs functioning as normal, waiting til you see them to begin fighting, but a few steps into a floor sometimes plays the global *Something got ate* text.

The option of willing cv doesn't show up for the warlocks, though av plays the cv swallow and disposal. Av gives the correct digestion dialogue, for the most part. "The warlock's legs brush against his hanging sack" could be the wrong digestion message for av.

Warlock willing cock typo: "The warlock falls to his knees as you stretched out his sack, moaning in-"
Daelakama
Somewhat familiar

Postby Salanth » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:01 am

I've played a few runs of the new patch it t looks quite good as far as bugs are concerned. Also, am I correct when I say that slime's and trappers got significantly higher digestion damage lately?

Anyway, here are the things I found; first of all when goblins make their vore attempts it only says [Player Oral Vore] and [Player Cock Vore]. Also, I've noticed that the willing text for mad horses seem to be the same as the non-willing one, is this intended?

Also suffered a desync in one run; I went down to depth 9 where I saved, then when trying to load got a desync on the first level. When I load the game the desync happened just after a gecko defeated my trogg. Another strange thing; it says "The gecko defeated something." despite the fact that it was in full view of me (and the message before that was "You feel a sense of loss.", again, despite the fact that I must have seen it happening).

Actually, now when I think about it my prey buddy should have been eaten by the gecko before it could be killed (and I have a memory of the gecko eating the trogg despite the fact that it didn't happen in the playback). I also didn't manage to replicate it again, which makes me think that one of two things could be the cause; first of all it could be the gecko who attacks twice eating and digesting the trogg in one turn which somehow confuses the game, or it could be the fact that the prey was eaten and digested immediately after being freed. Well, I guess you should know best for what the cause could be and if this information is enough to draw a conclusion, I'll attach a picture of the situation as well as the log leading up to it (the best I can manage as I don't have an actual recording).
Attachments
Desync.PNG
Desync log.PNG
Salanth
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Revx_Z » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:41 am

What sort of thing is going on with "Unrecognized event type in playback" ? That's a new desync message for me.
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Myconid32 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:41 pm

Daelakama wrote:Just noticed, enemies seem to swallow each other before you see them again with this set of updates. (This only occasionally happens. I found a group of mobs functioning as normal, waiting til you see them to begin fighting, but a few steps into a floor sometimes plays the global *Something got ate* text.

The option of willing cv doesn't show up for the warlocks, though av plays the cv swallow and disposal. Av gives the correct digestion dialogue, for the most part. "The warlock's legs brush against his hanging sack" could be the wrong digestion message for av.

Warlock willing cock typo: "The warlock falls to his knees as you stretched out his sack, moaning in-"

That1guy wrote:Anyway, here are the things I found; first of all when goblins make their vore attempts it only says [Player Oral Vore] and [Player Cock Vore].

These bugs have been fixed for 0.9.3, which is as yet unreleased.

That1guy wrote:Also, am I correct when I say that slime's and trappers got significantly higher digestion damage lately?

Yes; it turns out that enemies have been incorrectly dealing digestion damage equal to the lower bound of their standard attack. Enemies now deal damage equal to their "efficiency" stat, which is disproportionately high for slimes and trappers. Please let me know if this presents an unfair difficulty spike.

That1guy wrote:Also, I've noticed that the willing text for mad horses seem to be the same as the non-willing one, is this intended?

Yes. The idea is that the horse is savage enough that the distinction between willing and unwilling is meaningless. It's definitely not because I'm lazy. Certainly not.

I'm looking into desync issues now, but please let me know of any other bugs I may have missed!
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Revx_Z » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:09 pm

Recurring CTD on digesting a trogg chieftain, all three holes. I can get the digestion text fine, taking any action after that causes game to close immediately.

Eating a zealot gives [Player Oral Vore].

The loading screen still has "1.7.3" number displayed.
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Daelakama » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:53 pm

Myconid32 wrote:Yes; it turns out that enemies have been incorrectly dealing digestion damage equal to the lower bound of their standard attack. Enemies now deal damage equal to their "efficiency" stat, which is disproportionately high for slimes and trappers. Please let me know if this presents an unfair difficulty spike.

Was this a fairly recent change? I noticed the slimes and trappers (excluding the sea and swamp slimes, for some reason) doing much more digestion damage than usual a long while ago. I liked the buff/fix, It means you need to adopt a slightly different approach to deal with them if you don't want to take a heavy amount of damage~
Daelakama
Somewhat familiar

Postby Balgias » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:31 am

Have you made any headway in getting the feature of digestion over time feature back around again ? I really liked it :3
Balgias
Been posting for a bit

Postby Revx_Z » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:02 am

Experiencing miscellaneous other crashes after the rogue digests a creature.

An eaten werewolf seems to never get digested by the rogue.
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Salanth » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:23 am

Confirming just as Revx_Z said that the game crashes immediately after the player has finished digesting something (happened repeatedly with zealots and the single opportunity I had to eat an imp).

Also, not sure if this has been reported or not but when trying to eat Zealots the text is [Player Oral Vore], [Player Anal Vore] etc. Also found a typo when you anal vore imps; "You close your and..."

Furthermore, it's now impossible to attack sauropods. I found out as I managed to get one block a hallway for me, and I was also amused when a trio of infernal creatures stood in line in front of it trying to walk through it to get to me, and the sauropod just (eventually) ate them all. Although I didn't try it I assume that staves and such works like normal on them.

Edit: I just discovered that after you have digested a creature the game doesn't crash until you try to move away from your square. You can wait in place indefinitely.
Last edited by Salanth on Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Salanth
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby eatmeplease » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:38 am

When I offer myself to a warlock, the options are 1: Oral vore and 2: Anal vore, but selecting Anal vore causes the warlock to do cock vore instead, but the digesting lines suggest being in the bowels.
eatmeplease
---

Postby Revx_Z » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:28 am

"Your zealot casts a spell of protection. You deflect the bolt."
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby KingKabal777 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:47 am

Just to give you guys a warning, if you are corrupted in the game while you are playing (Debug or not, need to confirm without debug), DO NOT devour any other predators or prey, the game seems to crash if you attempt to do so, or if the prey successfully is digested. (It happened after the trogg I devoured in game was digested with scat scenes on).
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Myconid32 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:43 am

Some of these issues have been fixed for 0.9.3, but I've been in a sorry state and it's been hard to finish the update. It will come out eventually.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game