Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.20.2]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.12.1]

Postby Snorlaxkid » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:03 am

Myconid32 wrote:The only difference is the number the program uses to spawn enemies. Since no one has reproduced the issue I think it may be an issue on your end, but I'm afraid I can't tell what it might be.

Afraid I'm having a similar issue. The Hellhounds simply won't spawn for me in either the test or the main game.
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Myconid32 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:51 am

Snorlaxkid wrote:
Myconid32 wrote:The only difference is the number the program uses to spawn enemies. Since no one has reproduced the issue I think it may be an issue on your end, but I'm afraid I can't tell what it might be.

Afraid I'm having a similar issue. The Hellhounds simply won't spawn for me in either the test or the main game.

The issue that HxD is having is that the game won't even start. In your case, make sure you are on a floor with lava, because the hounds won't spawn without it.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Snorlaxkid » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:51 am

Myconid32 wrote:
Snorlaxkid wrote:

The issue that HxD is having is that the game won't even start. In your case, make sure you are on a floor with lava, because the hounds won't spawn without it.

Did so. Still got nothing. I'll try again though.
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Deioth » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:45 am

Either I was lucky or you've tracked down a fair amount of crash bugs. Just cleared with a like +6 mace of force and +7 platemail. Yeah, I got lucky... still nearly died a few times though, this is gonna be an asshole of a game when the deep deep depths are done ];8D Friggen gluttons can eat from full health that's nuts.
Deioth
The second "Our One and Only" Minotaur

Postby wetcardboardbox » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:26 am

Goofing around with the version as of 12/31 (not the latest), and I found a reliable way to crash. Use debug, use > to descend to level 23 or so, return to level 1, vore a creature, enter deep water.
wetcardboardbox
Somewhat familiar

Postby Snorlaxkid » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:43 am

Alright, I found the issue with the Hell Hounds. It seems something in the code is making their spawn rate so low that even when they're the only monster available to spawn, and all environmental needs are met, the game will still often refuse to spawn them. After exploring some 20-ish situations where they SHOULD have spawned, I've seen Hellhounds a whopping total of three times.
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby wetcardboardbox » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:20 pm

Also, found a couple typos. Player OV dire wolf: "aquirms" should be "squirms", and missing a "you"; Gorgon AV unwilling: "serious" should be "series."
wetcardboardbox
Somewhat familiar

Postby HumanBeingX » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:39 pm

This is one of the first vore games I found, so I love it to death. As a suggestion though, perhaps there should be a non-fatal / remove digestion option in the game to appeal to a broader audience? This is just my own thoughts though.
HumanBeingX
New to the forum

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:35 pm

HumanBeingX wrote:This is one of the first vore games I found, so I love it to death. As a suggestion though, perhaps there should be a non-fatal / remove digestion option in the game to appeal to a broader audience? This is just my own thoughts though.

It's a rouguelike themed game and centered around a dungeon full of deadly monsters. Non-fatal vore would not only defeat the point of the game's original objective but also the general theme of the game. It also would require a whole separate set of vore lines to appeal to that audience.

Although once Myconid finishes the rest of the game he mentioned releasing the source code for it. So there still could be the chance of having somebody mod it in. c:
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Crazyman536 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:52 am

Dragonvorelover135 wrote:
HumanBeingX wrote:This is one of the first vore games I found, so I love it to death. As a suggestion though, perhaps there should be a non-fatal / remove digestion option in the game to appeal to a broader audience? This is just my own thoughts though.

It's a rouguelike themed game and centered around a dungeon full of deadly monsters. Non-fatal vore would not only defeat the point of the game's original objective but also the general theme of the game. It also would require a whole separate set of vore lines to appeal to that audience.

Although once Myconid finishes the rest of the game he mentioned releasing the source code for it. So there still could be the chance of having somebody mod it in. c:

Maybe not. The end result of running out of health in a pred could end up with the player taking an extended (probably permanent) stay in the preds body. The main issue with this would be enemy interactions with other enemies (unless each enemy was coded in a way to have multiple "stomachs". I.E. 1 prey in stomach, balls and butt). Another option being that only the player would be the target for it for X reason (gameplay, doing something specific against that enemy, etc). Now that I think about it, there was an endo related submission pretty early on (with scat off), namely the werewolf AV.

Though for now now, all I can say is It'll definitely prove interesting if somebody does make such a variant of vrogue when it's finished.
Crazyman536
Somewhat familiar

Postby gpcleutm5403 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:42 am

Probably the first thing i'm going to do once i get my hands on the source code is to change the amulet of Yendor to a Ring of Indigestion (like in the debug).

Hacking in endo would probably not be to big of a deal, reducing both pred and player damage to 0 during digestion would do the job.
Getting this state to trigger at the right time, and getting it to run forever definitely seems harder.

That being said, I still prefer fatal digestion for this game.
But I can't wait to get the source code and really start dicking around in this game.
gpcleutm5403
New to the forum

Postby Hivelord » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:42 am

Crazyman536 wrote:

Maybe not. The end result of running out of health in a pred could end up with the player taking an extended (probably permanent) stay in the preds body. The main issue with this would be enemy interactions with other enemies (unless each enemy was coded in a way to have multiple "stomachs". I.E. 1 prey in stomach, balls and butt). Another option being that only the player would be the target for it for X reason (gameplay, doing something specific against that enemy, etc). Now that I think about it, there was an endo related submission pretty early on (with scat off), namely the werewolf AV.

Though for now now, all I can say is It'll definitely prove interesting if somebody does make such a variant of vrogue when it's finished.

Lore wise you could make it so that the dungeon also feeds on emotions or simply life force, and keeping you alive inside a monster would be justified.
Hivelord
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:12 pm

Sorry for the lack of updates, but with the end of the holidays all of my roommates have returned home and are making it difficult to find a moment's peace. I plan on putting out a new version once I learn how to implement some special room-generating code that will let me create certain encounters the way I want. Thanks for your patience!
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby KingKabal777 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:35 pm

I have a idea I want to offer...

Would it be possible to generate a custom room with the kinds of predators you want in the game? IE, you can have a much harder challenge you'd have to face to get the Amulet, before you can become a predator, etc?
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Myconid32 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:32 am

KingKabal777 wrote:I have a idea I want to offer...

Would it be possible to generate a custom room with the kinds of predators you want in the game? IE, you can have a much harder challenge you'd have to face to get the Amulet, before you can become a predator, etc?

I'm not sure yet if it's possible to guarantee that such a room will appear on a specific floor, but my aim is to learn how to do this in order to enable several fixed encounters, including the final boss. Ironically, the boss that is planned to guard the Amulet (distinct from the final boss) is not such an encounter, but rather a wandering monster like other predators that only appears on the 26th level.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby KingKabal777 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:58 am

Myconid32 wrote:
KingKabal777 wrote:I have a idea I want to offer...

I'm not sure yet if it's possible to guarantee that such a room will appear on a specific floor, but my aim is to learn how to do this in order to enable several fixed encounters, including the final boss. Ironically, the boss that is planned to guard the Amulet (distinct from the final boss) is not such an encounter, but rather a wandering monster like other predators that only appears on the 26th level.

Maybe after all the bugs are fixed and you've beaten the game once, you can make it customized, or make a hard difficulty, in which you can't devour prey nor
predators at all in game if you choose hard mode, or by other means this:

If you beat the game, escape with the amulet, defeat the boss, and have identified all the items listed in game, you can unlock a option in which you can customize the enemies in each room (but conditionally, you can play again in which you have to get the amulet and escape, but you can't change the boss that will guard the amulet), that's what my idea of thinking was ending.
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Eat meh » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:24 pm

I've a question, since I just last night updated from the older Windows version to the newer Test Build-- Is there a way to edit and play around with the enemy spawn tables from the user end?
Eat meh
Somewhat familiar

Postby AlienEagle » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:51 pm

I have a question, is there any way to adjust window size? The game window is too large for my laptop to display the whole window unless I run it in 640x480.
AlienEagle
New to the forum

Postby betacygni » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:25 am

AlienEagle wrote:I have a question, is there any way to adjust window size? The game window is too large for my laptop to display the whole window unless I run it in 640x480.

Page Up and Page Down adjust window size.
betacygni
Somewhat familiar

Postby Cygni » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:08 am

Alt+Enter will make it full screen, also. One more thing, I have to say. I am surprised no one beat me to it. LOL at the page number XD :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cygni
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game