Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.20.2]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.7.3]

Postby Daelakama » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:23 pm

Myconid32 wrote:EDIT: Yay, 1,000th post!

Woo~

edits-
Had another crash seemingly due to attacking something (In this case a full serpent whom wasn't invisible) followed by a desync. Unfortunately, I don't have much insight since I was going for a full run without saves and wasn't paying attention to equips and items picked up :V
Daelakama
Somewhat familiar

Postby betacygni » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:30 am

Myconid32 wrote: Do NOT report any balance issues from Debug Mode, or I will find someone to eat you.
I'm not sure this is an effective deterrent in this community. :lol:

Did a quick test of nearly all enemies using Debug Mode and the willing vore seems to be working as intended now.

For what it's worth, I support the "leaving cum/bones behind even with scat turned off" idea. Right now only the goblin seems to do it.

Edit: Um, unwilling vore on a lot of enemies seems to be broken about half the time (not sure what the rhyme or reason is to it yet, I haven't had enough time to test.) It seems to happen with both scat turned on and off, and both in the standard and debug modes- basically the enemy just keeps attacking until you get the "terrible injury" message, without ever trying to swallow you. Anybody else able to confirm?
betacygni
Somewhat familiar

Postby FoxSequence » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:15 am

I can. It happened in previous versions before too, though I thought it was to make vore the only possible death.
FoxSequence
New to the forum

Postby eatmeplease » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:36 am

Actually I think vore SHOULDN'T be the only death. You should totally be able to splatter yourself all over the dungeon floor from falling down a hole with too little health, or get torn apart by non-pred enemies.
eatmeplease
---

Postby Myconid32 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:53 am

Update 0.7.4: Details in the changelog.
Quick patch to fix unwilling vore.

betacygni wrote:Edit: Um, unwilling vore on a lot of enemies seems to be broken about half the time (not sure what the rhyme or reason is to it yet, I haven't had enough time to test.) It seems to happen with both scat turned on and off, and both in the standard and debug modes- basically the enemy just keeps attacking until you get the "terrible injury" message, without ever trying to swallow you. Anybody else able to confirm?

Confirmed and patched. Sorry, the mechanics that keep enemies from swallowing each other while unseen were accidentally being applied to the player as well... since the player technically can't "see" himself on his own tile, he was excluding himself from vore.

FoxSequence wrote:I can. It happened in previous versions before too, though I thought it was to make vore the only possible death.

Predators are not supposed to beat you to the point of inflicting the Wounded status unless their vore moves are disabled (a feature that has yet to be added). They should always swallow you before your health is that low. What you saw previously would have been prey creatures inflicting the Wounded status; it makes them threatening, since they otherwise can't kill you.
eatmeplease wrote:Actually I think vore SHOULDN'T be the only death. You should totally be able to splatter yourself all over the dungeon floor from falling down a hole with too little health, or get torn apart by non-pred enemies.

Any non-vore damage will only ever inflict the Wounded status instead of killing you outright. I consider it frustrating to die in such a mundane fashion while playing a vore game.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.7.4]

Postby Daelakama » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:31 pm

Something a bit weird happened with a smiling orb. I think a segment of its vore text replaced the first bit of digestion damage. when opening up the full text log, the text segment appears blank.
Also noted that, after freeing myself from two smiling orbs now, 'you grin stupidly' appears after you tear your way out

A trogg shaman's haste spell appeared to effect a Lion it was fighting. I only noticed the Lion was hasted after he had already ate nd digested the shaman, tho.

Were the levers for certain trap/puzzles removed? like the key across a chasm ones? I Thought I used to find them but now they don't seem to be around, the bridges just appear after the key is retrieved through levitation potions or w/e
Attachments
screenshot000.png
Daelakama
Somewhat familiar

Postby Revx_Z » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:45 pm

T-Rex spawned on level 10 in 0.7.4, though changelog says T belongs on 11-17. Are the out of depth monsters returned?

I would also like to see some sort of consistent, predictable monster-to-character mapping. Slimes and jellies are "o" (because they're shaped like that?), but troggs are "t" (because that's the letter they start with?) while snakes are "s" (which could be either of the previous reasons) but anacondas, a type of snake, are "A" (starting letter again) while the felis is "C" (big cat??). Trogg chieftain is also t, but trogg shaman is s.
Is there any overarching logic? Will they be standardized at some point?

The timeout on rescued predators turning hostile again feels very short. I rescued a hawkkin near death and it hadn't gotten up to even half health before turning on me.
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Myconid32 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:08 pm

Daelakama wrote:Something a bit weird happened with a smiling orb. I think a segment of its vore text replaced the first bit of digestion damage. when opening up the full text log, the text segment appears blank.
Also noted that, after freeing myself from two smiling orbs now, 'you grin stupidly' appears after you tear your way out

I've not been able to reproduce this. Did it happen for you more than once?
Daelakama wrote:A trogg shaman's haste spell appeared to effect a Lion it was fighting. I only noticed the Lion was hasted after he had already ate nd digested the shaman, tho.

That shouldn't happen; I'll look into it.
Daelakama wrote:Were the levers for certain trap/puzzles removed? like the key across a chasm ones? I Thought I used to find them but now they don't seem to be around, the bridges just appear after the key is retrieved through levitation potions or w/e

Nothing regarding dungeon generation has been changed recently. The game intentionally does create chasms without levers and then places a levitation potion on the same depth, intending for the player to find and consume the potion to get the item on the other side.
Revx_Z wrote:T-Rex spawned on level 10 in 0.7.4, though changelog says T belongs on 11-17. Are the out of depth monsters returned?

No, I just made a mistake. It'll be patched.
Revx_Z wrote:I would also like to see some sort of consistent, predictable monster-to-character mapping. Slimes and jellies are "o" (because they're shaped like that?), but troggs are "t" (because that's the letter they start with?) while snakes are "s" (which could be either of the previous reasons) but anacondas, a type of snake, are "A" (starting letter again) while the felis is "C" (big cat??). Trogg chieftain is also t, but trogg shaman is s.
Is there any overarching logic? Will they be standardized at some point?

No and probably not. The inconsistent labeling is my attempt to keep the enemies from ALL using the same letter, and I'm trying to give every enemy a unique color/letter combination. I'm doing it slightly carelessly at the moment, but I doubt it will be much better once I revise it. The only logic so far is that the color is usually related to the creature in question (with the notable exception of the bright pink barbarian) and capital letters are vaguely related to the creature's threat level compared to other entities on the same depth.[/quote]
Revx_Z wrote:The timeout on rescued predators turning hostile again feels very short. I rescued a hawkkin near death and it hadn't gotten up to even half health before turning on me.

I'll give it a look, thanks. The timer is actually five timers chosen randomly and strung together (ie. the enemy has to hit four checkpoints before becoming hostile), so having an enemy turn so quickly is a little odd.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Daelakama » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:11 pm

Myconid32 wrote:I've not been able to reproduce this. Did it happen for you more than once?

The blank digestion text, no, but the smiling stupidly usually does happen during digestion or right afterwards.
Daelakama
Somewhat familiar

Postby Daelakama » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:31 pm

Possible grammar issue with a line from Mad Horse CV digestion? 'You continued to be coated in horse jizz.'
Daelakama
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:17 pm

Update 0.8.0: Details in the changelog.

There's a new apex pred and a new prey enemy in this one, both with weird mechanics. Check them out and tell me what you think.
I also changed some things to keep allies from being corrupted too quickly, but it might have worked too well.

Daelakama wrote:Possible grammar issue with a line from Mad Horse CV digestion? 'You continued to be coated in horse jizz.'

Didn't catch this until just now. It's fixed for the next update.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.8.0]

Postby Daelakama » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:20 pm

Sauropod unwilling typo: "-opens wide and leans forwardand you practically-"
Sauropods seem adorable~ I probably shouldn't make it a habit of walking up nd petting them, though. They have awfully strong stomachs for herbivores xwx

Due to the nature of the Imp's erratic movement, they actually appear to be less annoying than bandits. I can easily catch up to and kill them with even the base starting gear as they're likely to make an inefficient retreat (one actually turned and attacked me while under the fleeing state in a tight corridor, leading to its death :V )
I'll be doin a run soonish to see if they're any worse with more enemies thrown into the mix.

--time for runs!--
floor 1 treasure room, +3 ring of transference (I've noticed the ring's tooltip hasn't been updated for its current function. It still read as if the health regen is 100%)
Another game crashed and desync. floor 7 while attacking a Lion. I noticed that a goblin had appeared at the upward set of stairs and wasn't doing anything just before the crash

overwhelmed by geckos, prolly should've beelined for a hallway. my fault I died :B

Just stumbled across a rainbow slime model at the foot of the stairs. It isn't appearing as a mob. Worried a crash desync is coming soon, so Imma take a screenshot.
'You dispatched something, catching it unaware' upon attacking slime. No crashed yet.
Some shadows spawned by the captains seemed to be unattackable somehow. My followers and I were continuously getting hit by shadows in a tight corridor, though there wern't any on any walkable tiles. Followers wouldn't path behind me, all staying around where the shadows were and slowly being beat down. Shadows possibly spawned inside walls?

The update to the corruption timers seems pretty good. Rescued preds/etc seem to stay with you for several floors (and often develop a telepathic bond) before needing a snack. Strangely enough, three sergals and an oni that I recruited after a Moblin all attacked before him. (Slower enemies corrupt slower??) The Moblin in question actually stuck with me through the whole dungeon and back. I shall name him Moe, and we shall quest for more Joy pendants!
Attachments
screenshot000.png
Last edited by Daelakama on Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daelakama
Somewhat familiar

Postby betacygni » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:40 pm

I was going to suggest the ability to delay corruption of an allied predator when they eat prey mobs (by sating their hunger), but I realized that probably wouldn't work because prey mobs are nearly nonexistent by the time you get down to levels where pred allies are even possible.
betacygni
Somewhat familiar

Postby CorenDirehoof » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:44 am

Is the ability to become a predator implemented yet? I've tried to find it in the posts before being annoying, but I was curious. Super happy with this so far and props for constant updates Myconid! You are greatly appreciated!
CorenDirehoof
New to the forum

Postby Daelakama » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:15 am

CorenDirehoof wrote:Is the ability to become a predator implemented yet? I've tried to find it in the posts before being annoying, but I was curious. Super happy with this so far and props for constant updates Myconid! You are greatly appreciated!

No player omnoms just yet~

game related:

-confirmed that enemies and allies alike pile onto the Sauropod. Judging by the change log, this isn't intended.
-Imps appear rather lackluster. Since their item-stealing is tied to actually hitting the opponent, it doesn't seem to proc all that much due to the armor you'd probably have by the time you reach the floors they're on. Even if an item is stolen, they are easy enough to hunt down and kill. The only time I was ever really worried was when one was shooting at me while over a pit of lava, but that looming threat was nullified by turning a corner and waiting for it to path to me. Maybe increase their hit chance/steal chance and force a teleport when they succeed?
-effectively completed a run. Saved to try to provoke a desync nd succeeded :B Game apparently desynced awfully close the the very start, breaking 12 turns in just as I was being digested by a trapper (possibly just breaking out or just recovering from paralysis?)

-Tested some trapper/saving things:
Saved repeatedly and right before engaging the trapper successfully
Paralyzed and swallowed, cannot save while paralyzed.
a save right after paralysis ended loads successfully but dropped me where I was right when being swallowed. Does saving inside bellies do this normally, the dropping you back in at the start of digestion?
Broke out and saved, desync.

retested other status effects through a rainbow slime, no desync. Being paralyzed and escaping from trapper caused desync again

I'm curious, do you have a preferred application cap per person? I have a couple more Ideas but I feel meh about tossing more stuff atchu ><;
Last edited by Daelakama on Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daelakama
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:30 pm

Sorry about the lack of updates or responses recently, but I have been unable to get my medications lately and am feeling very tired and ill. I'll try to get back to development ASAP, but you should expect some greater delays from now until I can get medical care again. Thanks for helping with the game
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Daelakama » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:13 pm

Myconid32 wrote:Sorry about the lack of updates or responses recently, but I have been unable to get my medications lately and am feeling very tired and ill. I'll try to get back to development ASAP, but you should expect some greater delays from now until I can get medical care again. Thanks for helping with the game

Keeping yourself healthy comes first~
Daelakama
Somewhat familiar

Postby eatmeplease » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:55 am

Oh my god, I hope you get well soon.
eatmeplease
---

Postby betacygni » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:02 am

Your health and wellness is way more important than this game- take as long as you need!
betacygni
Somewhat familiar

Postby eatmeplease » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:39 am

Agreed! Health is most important!
eatmeplease
---

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game