Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.20.2]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.6.1]

Postby Balgias » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:59 am

I'm still really hoping we get a return of the feature that auto-assumes willing digestion if you don't take an action while in the pred, was very nice.
Balgias
Been posting for a bit

Postby JohnPablo » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:36 am

Balgias wrote:I'm still really hoping we get a return of the feature that auto-assumes willing digestion if you don't take an action while in the pred, was very nice.

Truly, it was a nice "hands free" method to use, nevertheless, I'm just glad the willing digestion is available.
JohnPablo
Somewhat familiar

Postby DigiThing » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:58 pm

JohnPablo wrote:
Balgias wrote:I'm still really hoping we get a return of the feature that auto-assumes willing digestion if you don't take an action while in the pred, was very nice.

Truly, it was a nice "hands free" method to use, nevertheless, I'm just glad the willing digestion is available.

It will be in when the game is RELEASED, its still in alpha, and the initial implantation of the auto digestion, as you remember, was really buggy. He will work on it later. Right now he's trying to add more content.
Remember to always have fun in whatever you do :3

DigiThing
DigiThing
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:23 am

Sorry for the lack of updates in the past couple of days, but I'm all sick and gross. I'll try to get back into the game (hohoho) as soon as possible.

FoxSequence wrote:Reguarding difficulty of game and unpleasureable gameplay: The full version, which is not available yet, will have a random/gallery mode that lets all monsters spawn on the top floors. It should let the player sample all of the monsters like one samples a fine cheese platter.

My intention was to implement Random Mode when all of the monsters were added, but technically there is nothing stopping me from doing it now aside from the extra work required. I'm going to try to make a poll and see how many people want Random Mode done now or later.

FoxSequence wrote:Reguarding cheats, debugs, hacks or other things to make the game easier: there is a base Brouge easy mode that pops up when you press shift and 7. There are no other ways to make the game easier as of now. (Sucess with editing data with Cheat-Engine doesn't seem to be a fruitful topic)

Thanks for reminding people of this. Also, the Debug Mode release was an ACCIDENT, guys. I'm not going to make it a feature, because I need the game tested under normal conditions. Debug Mode is just a way for me to tackle specific issues and is not helpful when I need you to simulate an actual run. Besides, it's a roguelike... even with my balance changes, the game is going to retain a certain level of difficulty typical of the genre. Sorry.

betacygni wrote:Bug report: When the trapper paralyzes you, it runs through all the turns in which you are paralyzed automatically in like half a second, without giving you a chance to respond or read the text at all.
This can lead to situations like being in low health wandering through the dungeon and suddenly being digested and killed without any chance to at least read what's happening to you.

Fixed for next update. The game will no longer fast forward while you are being digested, and any input from the player will simply be ignored, advancing the turn (and digestion) instead. That way you can still read the messages one at a time.

DarkGriffin wrote:Just a quick note from a lurking fan. I got eaten by a wolf while fighting in a healing cloud from the healing pod things. Terrible luck I know, but it was a pretty funny way to go.

While eaten inside the pred, the player still gets the healing effects for being in the cloud due to the pred standing in that space. This continues until the pred wanders out of range (which might not happen, as in my case) or the healing aura runs out. The healing cloud effect should probably not be working on the creature/player inside the stomach, since they are soaking in acids instead of air, and presumably these preds breath through other means besides their stomach, lol.

Fire probably shouldn't affect the player in the "eaten by something" situation too. Or alternatively it might speed up digestive damage since the belly would warm up if the pred was in fire (vore logic for the win). Either way the player/prey should not be "burning" from the flames till the pred is burned first, unless maybe the preds all are really made of swiss cheese and we've been lied to this whole time?

Fixed for next update. Swallowed prey will not be affected by external factors such as fire or gas of any description. Prey WILL take damage from explosions, but only half as much as usual.
DarkGriffin wrote:Also, can we have a debug switch/start in debug mode option? A run on this option/mode would not score on the high score tables and anyone watching the replay would easily see it was in debug mode due to the starting items being very different. It could start the player off with some of the rarer items that do some of the more potentially game breaking things, like dominate and crystal wall wands, and pitfall potions since so many odd game crashing interactions tend to involve tossing things in various states down to other floors. It could otherwise function as normal so we can find and get eaten by our favorite preds faster yay totally no other motivations here more easily test things on further floors, and make replays/screenshots of issues faster.

See above.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Myconid32 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:31 am

Poll is added. For the record, the only immediate impact choosing the first option will have is having to wait a little longer for apex predators. It doesn't mean that Random Mode will lack any monsters, since I'll just add new monsters to both modes at the same time.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Daelakama » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:49 am

Myconid32 wrote:Sorry for the lack of updates in the past couple of days, but I'm all sick and gross. I'll try to get back into the game (hohoho) as soon as possible.

Ah jeez, I know that feel. I've been trying to pull myself out of a sickness for 2+ weeks now. Drink the oceans and eat the oranges, hope you get better soon~

Scratch the oceans, they're too salty :B
Daelakama
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:54 pm

I'm starting to see a trend in the responses...
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Balgias » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:03 am

Something wrong ?
Balgias
Been posting for a bit

Postby Myconid32 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:13 am

Balgias wrote:Something wrong ?
I'm just amused by the overwhelming trend in the poll responses.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby bebopy » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:27 pm

Poll kind of looks like a penis
bebopy
Participator

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:43 pm

bebopy wrote:Poll kind of looks like a penis
If penises were shaped like squares maybe, otherwise no idea how you got that from it. xD
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby bebopy » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:03 am

Your penis isn't square? o.0
bebopy
Participator

Postby lati65 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:08 pm

I was playing it last night, and as I was going through it, the game would crash and it seemed to do it more frequently on higher floors such as 4, the farthest I ever got was floor 6. Another thing is the recording feature, once I get eaten in the recording a message pops up saying out of sync. Other then that, it's a great game despite how it looks graphics wise and the dialogue is great in my opinion.
lati65
Been posting for a bit

Postby NocturneWolf » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:22 pm

lati65 wrote:I was playing it last night, and as I was going through it, the game would crash and it seemed to do it more frequently on higher floors such as 4, the farthest I ever got was floor 6. Another thing is the recording feature, once I get eaten in the recording a message pops up saying out of sync. Other then that, it's a great game despite how it looks graphics wise and the dialogue is great in my opinion.

Just to help troubleshoot a bit, you aren't playing the Mac OSX version or the version in the first link on the page, are you? Both of those are quite outdated and do contain a lot of syncing issues, but the current build in the third link (beneath the Mac version) has stamped out a lot of those issues. Apologies if you are indeed playing the up-to-date one though, this is just a small thing I've seen people do by mistake sometimes. ^^
NocturneWolf
Participator

Postby lati65 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:17 pm

NocturneWolf wrote:
lati65 wrote:I was playing it last night, and as I was going through it, the game would crash and it seemed to do it more frequently on higher floors such as 4, the farthest I ever got was floor 6. Another thing is the recording feature, once I get eaten in the recording a message pops up saying out of sync. Other then that, it's a great game despite how it looks graphics wise and the dialogue is great in my opinion.

Just to help troubleshoot a bit, you aren't playing the Mac OSX version or the version in the first link on the page, are you? Both of those are quite outdated and do contain a lot of syncing issues, but the current build in the third link (beneath the Mac version) has stamped out a lot of those issues. Apologies if you are indeed playing the up-to-date one though, this is just a small thing I've seen people do by mistake sometimes. ^^

That's the one I've been using, the third link, below the Mac version.
lati65
Been posting for a bit

Postby Revx_Z » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:01 am

Trogg totems probably shouldn't be edible, should they?
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.7.0]

Postby Myconid32 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:07 am

Update 0.7.0: Details in the changelog.

Better now! Well, mostly. I don't have the time or energy to include pictures with this update, but the monsters should be recognizable anyway if you've played Heart of Darkness or like dinosaurs, respectively.

Also, since I discovered that doing so actually takes no time at all, Random Spawn Mode has been implemented. Hold Shift while on the title menu and choose a new game to activate it. Sorry for the pointless poll, but I did add two apex predators to make up for it.

I fully expect this to be kind of buggy, so let's get to testing! Let me know if the changelog is unclear on anything.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ShadowedFigure » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:10 am

Seems to be triggering Chrome's malware detector for me.
ShadowedFigure
Been posting for a bit

Postby Myconid32 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:22 am

ShadowedFigure wrote:Seems to be triggering Chrome's malware detector for me.

It's a false positive. It's happened before but I don't know what causes it.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ShadowedFigure » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:25 am

Someone at Google was probably just thinking "Nobody would host LEGITIMATE software on DropBox". *sigh*
ShadowedFigure
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game