Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.20.2]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Brogue Roguelike Vore Mod (M/M) [Beta Version Up]

Postby Myconid32 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:57 pm

Nibor wrote:Btw, who IS Ostea?

Ostea is related to the story I originally had planned for the game, and which I intend to implement now. The story is an expansion of the excuse plot the original Brogue has, explaining the origin and nature of the dungeon, what the amulet is for, and providing an alternative objective for the player. All of this information is provided through scraps of the journal of Yendor, the owner of the amulet. Cooperating with Ostea is mandatory for getting the best ending, so the player can summon her as an ally even with the Lonely Road toggle.

As I just noted, Ostea is female (in fact, the only female character in the entire game), but in keeping with the M/M theme she can neither eat nor be eaten due to her nature as a spirit. She is summoned using the Spirit Branch, a unique staff found deep in the dungeon, and appears as a durable and powerful allied unit who uses melee attacks exclusively. Unlike most allies, she can be revived on death once the staff is done recharging, and her survival through the final boss fight is what triggers the best ending. The downside to all of this is that Ostea is dismissed as soon as the player is swallowed, so she is unable to assist in saving the player if he is eaten and the summon will be wasted if you get swallowed soon after.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Nibor » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:17 am

Aha. I get it now.
The More You Know
Eka's resident lurker Yoshi!
My character list
Nibor
???

Postby VincentTheFox » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:45 am

My excitement is boundless :-D
VincentTheFox
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ominom » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:36 am

We can honor the "wolf cum" meme with a toggle that replaces every enemy in the game with dire wolves that only use the cock vore attack.
Ominom
Been posting for a bit

Postby Snowytiggy » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:32 am

Ominom wrote:We can honor the "wolf cum" meme with a toggle that replaces every enemy in the game with dire wolves that only use the cock vore attack.

oh my god, I sooooo second this, with the provision that the toggle adds a special reskin of a prey to be a wolf hybrid, so there can be wolf cum EVERYWHERE! :lol:

Also I cannot put into words my eagerness for the implementation of player predation. :3 :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: omnom
Snowytiggy
Somewhat familiar

Postby RakeVuri » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:57 pm

Well, I can think of another toggle, perhaps something like this?

Endosomatophilia: Digestion for both players and enemies is severely lessened, if not disabled entirely.
RakeVuri
Participator

Postby Raru » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:43 pm

RakeVuri wrote:Well, I can think of another toggle, perhaps something like this?

Endosomatophilia: Digestion for both players and enemies is severely lessened, if not disabled entirely.

^I second this. I am not a serious fan of digestion but I do love the game itself. Also, I think resting inside should do a thing instead of wasting a turn :P
[image=200]https://i.imgur.com/IFalUWt.png[/image] The floofiest 'vali boyo
Raru
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:21 pm

Keep in mind that, while I am not directly replying to any suggestions, I am still reading them and taking player opinions into consideration. Toggles may or may not appear in the final game, perhaps in an altered form, depending on how much I like them.

Incidentally, suggestions for enemies are still open and will be handled the same way.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:40 pm

Honestly I would prefer the whole rework being finished for a new beta release and then focus on the toggles incase people might run into a bug or error that could be fixed before slapping the toggles ontop of those bugs.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby chibi-wolfy » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:58 am

This might sound like a stupid question, but I don't suppose you'll be working on a purely Oral Vore mode? Love the game, but the genital types of vore just wierd me out. >.>
chibi-wolfy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Mab17 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:44 am

chibi-wolfy wrote:This might sound like a stupid question, but I don't suppose you'll be working on a purely Oral Vore mode? Love the game, but the genital types of vore just wierd me out. >.>

Seconded.
Mab17
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:32 am

Mab17 wrote:
chibi-wolfy wrote:This might sound like a stupid question, but I don't suppose you'll be working on a purely Oral Vore mode? Love the game, but the genital types of vore just wierd me out. >.>

Seconded.

That was always intended, but I never got around to it the first time.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Architect » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:38 am

Still unable to see any pred monsters besides the wolf, alpha wolf, dire bear, barbarian, slime thing, roc, werewolf, goblin, centaur, mad horse, anthrocat, hawk-kin, sergal, and gulper with the latest version. I used to see the trapper and the frog-thing (polywog?) in previous versions. No Apex preds were seen. I went from lvl 1 - 30 and back.
Architect
Been posting for a bit

Postby Salanth » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:26 pm

Architect wrote:Still unable to see any pred monsters besides the wolf, alpha wolf, dire bear, barbarian, slime thing, roc, werewolf, goblin, centaur, mad horse, anthrocat, hawk-kin, sergal, and gulper with the latest version. I used to see the trapper and the frog-thing (polywog?) in previous versions. No Apex preds were seen. I went from lvl 1 - 30 and back.

I don't think the new version is released yet, as far as I know he is still working on it.

Oh yeah, and I'm really happy that you finally managed to conquer the source code, Brogue is one of my favorite vore games.
Salanth
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Myconid32 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:48 pm

Architect wrote:Still unable to see any pred monsters besides the wolf, alpha wolf, dire bear, barbarian, slime thing, roc, werewolf, goblin, centaur, mad horse, anthrocat, hawk-kin, sergal, and gulper with the latest version. I used to see the trapper and the frog-thing (polywog?) in previous versions. No Apex preds were seen. I went from lvl 1 - 30 and back.

Yeah guys, absolutely nothing new has been released yet since I'm still building the game up from scratch. When I DO release a new build, the thread title will change to indicate that.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Raru » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:20 pm

Argh, of course I fall through a pit and into a completely trapped enclosure. -.- Had a sword of paralysis, too.

I do hope the new version is eradicated of the major bugs, and releases a lot of new content, but I'd like for it to be released relatively soon as well... So tough to find that balance >n>
[image=200]https://i.imgur.com/IFalUWt.png[/image] The floofiest 'vali boyo
Raru
Somewhat familiar

Postby VictiniLover » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:06 pm

Just a suggestion for toglables... I can't spell... Anyways, the types of vore that may happen. For example, some people may not like cock vore (Any of my friends who like vore don't like this.) so they should be able to turn it off if they don't want it. Don't know if this idea was announced or not... If it was, oh well... A bit too late for taking it back I suppose
VictiniLover
Been posting for a bit

Postby Myconid32 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:35 am

VictiniLover wrote:Just a suggestion for toglables... I can't spell... Anyways, the types of vore that may happen. For example, some people may not like cock vore (Any of my friends who like vore don't like this.) so they should be able to turn it off if they don't want it. Don't know if this idea was announced or not... If it was, oh well... A bit too late for taking it back I suppose

As I mentioned a few posts back, this was always intended - not as a difficulty toggle, but as a general setting, the same way scat endings can be turned off in the settings menu.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Myconid32 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:43 am

Sorry for the lack of updates, but I've been off my meds for a while and I'm starting to feel it. Hopefully I can get some work done this weekend.

I can say that the basic vore module is functioning without crashes so far. I need to spend some time making sure the core functionality is all intact, then I will add the old enemies and extensively test their descriptions (some of them are borked in the current release because I got lazy). After that I'll try to add apex predators, at which point you guys will see a playable alpha release. Following that will be a fleshing out of the base game and then all the bells and whistles, like difficulty toggles.

The game will be a feature-complete beta after the toggles are added, so all requests for additional content should be made before then. More news as it develops!
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DigiThing » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:52 am

can't wait :3
Remember to always have fun in whatever you do :3

DigiThing
DigiThing
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game