Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.20.2]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Brogue Roguelike Vore Mod (M/M) [Beta Version Up]

Postby DigiThing » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:50 am

hmm, im fine with that but can you make it so that when die, it scrolls down before you get the game over screen?
Remember to always have fun in whatever you do :3

DigiThing
DigiThing
Somewhat familiar

Postby Snowytiggy » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:04 am

maybe have the option to scroll after you die, to review your fate~ I'd like that :3
Snowytiggy
Somewhat familiar

Postby del5b24eted5sb58 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:51 am

Even though the top drop down thing is a little buggy, this is a AMAZING game. Im really impressed
del5b24eted5sb58
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:45 am

PinkHorse wrote:Even though the top drop down thing is a little buggy, this is a AMAZING game. Im really impressed

Thanks, but most of the credit goes to the original developers. I think there is a link to the base game at the top of the thread.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby gamemaster1236 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:30 pm

Love this game's latest update! Too bad I'm so rubbish at it... Any tips or tricks to get a noob like me past level 10?
Can I haz Pred nawo?
gamemaster1236
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:12 am

gamemaster1236 wrote:Love this game's latest update! Too bad I'm so rubbish at it... Any tips or tricks to get a noob like me past level 10?

I honestly don't recommend it, given that there is not yet anything interesting beyond that point.

However, I've had success searching early floors thoroughly for magic items before things get difficult. Test potions near water, since water should protect you from Potions of Incineration, Caustic Gas, and Creeping Death. Once you have identified Potions of Life and Strength, identify future potions by throwing them at enemies.

Clear the level and ensure you have full health while testing scrolls, just in case it turns out to be a Scroll of Aggravate Monsters or Scroll of Summon Monsters. In the case of the latter, try to have an exit strategy like a pool or a pit to jump into. Water and pits are generally good for escaping, as Gulpers are weak enemies and fall damage cannot kill you.

Remember that you can force enemies to fight if they are predator and prey by tricking them into moving next to each other. This can simplify encounters with groups of troggs, and the health predators gain by digesting prey is not very significant.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby gamemaster1236 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:28 am

Myconid32 wrote:
gamemaster1236 wrote:Love this game's latest update! Too bad I'm so rubbish at it... Any tips or tricks to get a noob like me past level 10?

I honestly don't recommend it, given that there is not yet anything interesting beyond that point.

However, I've had success searching early floors thoroughly for magic items before things get difficult. Test potions near water, since water should protect you from Potions of Incineration, Caustic Gas, and Creeping Death. Once you have identified Potions of Life and Strength, identify future potions by throwing them at enemies.

Clear the level and ensure you have full health while testing scrolls, just in case it turns out to be a Scroll of Aggravate Monsters or Scroll of Summon Monsters. In the case of the latter, try to have an exit strategy like a pool or a pit to jump into. Water and pits are generally good for escaping, as Gulpers are weak enemies and fall damage cannot kill you.

Remember that you can force enemies to fight if they are predator and prey by tricking them into moving next to each other. This can simplify encounters with groups of troggs, and the health predators gain by digesting prey is not very significant.

Thank you for the response and the info! I'll take you're advice to be sure.

One last thing. I noticed a stealth counter in the corner. Is there a way to enter stealth mode? Or is it simply stating the minimum distance you can travel before aggroing a mob?

Thanks again!
Can I haz Pred nawo?
gamemaster1236
Somewhat familiar

Postby hundaro » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:54 am

Thank you for the response and the info! I'll take you're advice to be sure.

One last thing. I noticed a stealth counter in the corner. Is there a way to enter stealth mode? Or is it simply stating the minimum distance you can travel before aggroing a mob?

Thanks again!

My experience has been that resting for one turn will put you into "stealth mode" reducing your stealth number. However, it will only be for that turn. If you start to move again you will lose your stealth bonus.

By the way, great work so far, Myconid. If you'd like any predator description, verbs, and lines written I'd be happy to help. Tell me which ones you may want descriptions for and I'll give it a go.
hundaro
New to the forum

Postby TheHungryELf » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:17 pm

Hello, it's me again. Sorry for disappearing when you asked me a question.

Well, let be give you an example of what I meant by unique monsters...

Take my Wood Elf, now make a variant that can only spawn once, and only one of them and exist EVER. Once slain, it can never spawn again unless by command prompt.

Now, let's give this new unique monster a name, something like... Blue Talron. Now, he can't be a run of the mill wood elf, he has to be stronger. He should have around 3x HP, 2x armor, 2.5x attack, and should drop different items when killed. Perhaps some good items, like an heavily enchanted elven long sword (If that's in the game). Also, maybe we can give him a higher chance to vore people, as he is a stronger monster. And now only that, let's give him a vore type new to wood elves, cock vore.

Also, he should have a different description, something talking about his power or something like that. Something along the lines of...

"A cheerful Wood Elf armed with his favorite sword. While he might seem like a friend, his hunger makes him a foe. Strong and swift, this elf aims to cut you down then swallow you alive, or if he already has someone churning away in his belly he would be happy to have another toy to play with. While he's as strong as a knight, his young age (for an elf at least) makes him a bit playful and childish."

I hope this has given you enough information on what you need to bring unique monsters into the game.
TheHungryELf
???

Postby Snowytiggy » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:50 pm

TheHungryELf wrote:Buncha stuff....

I hope this has given you enough information on what you need to bring unique monsters into the game.

Look, I don't want to burst your bubble, but I highly doubt that this is going to take place. For one, it would require altering the mob spawning code and or essentially writing in more scripted mini bosses, thus altering the balance and storyline of his original game. I would be less inclined to even comment on this, but I feel the wording used in your post was not fair to myconid, and seemed highly presumptuous. I don't know if it was your intention, but the wording gave the uncomfortable impression that you were trying to forcibly self insert your OC into another person's work, and automatically assuming he was going to do it.

As far as the content itself goes, there's plenty enough variety as it is in the monsters being included, and several dozen levels to explore with 3 boss battles that are already tougher than average planned. The addition of further mini bosses or unique variants of common enemies would add undue burden on the maker who has already given up much of his time and energy to this project for FREE. It will have plenty enough to do, eat, be eaten by, and the random generated dungeons mean the replay-ability will be near infinite without further delaying the project with unnecessary difficulties.

As I said before that I may be wrong in my interpretation of your post, but I cannot help but feel the tone seemed rather entitled, as if myconid must simply bow down and acquiesce to your every desire. If I'm off the mark then I apologize, but I felt it needed to be said.
Snowytiggy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Rowan » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:40 pm

I agree with snow, also he's passing out the source code when it's done so you can do it yurself.
Oh my gosh, I have changed this sig in almost five years... wow...
Rowan
Been posting for a bit

Postby Balgias » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:16 pm

Checkin' erryday hoping for an update mang.

Simple, this game might be it's amazing to me, keep trucking along. If you'd like donations I'de suggest setting something up, there's a lack of -quality- vorish games like this.
Balgias
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheHungryELf » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:53 pm

Snowytiggy wrote:Look, I don't want to burst your bubble, but I highly doubt that this is going to take place. For one, it would require altering the mob spawning code and or essentially writing in more scripted mini bosses, thus altering the balance and storyline of his original game. I would be less inclined to even comment on this, but I feel the wording used in your post was not fair to myconid, and seemed highly presumptuous. I don't know if it was your intention, but the wording gave the uncomfortable impression that you were trying to forcibly self insert your OC into another person's work, and automatically assuming he was going to do it.

As far as the content itself goes, there's plenty enough variety as it is in the monsters being included, and several dozen levels to explore with 3 boss battles that are already tougher than average planned. The addition of further mini bosses or unique variants of common enemies would add undue burden on the maker who has already given up much of his time and energy to this project for FREE. It will have plenty enough to do, eat, be eaten by, and the random generated dungeons mean the replay-ability will be near infinite without further delaying the project with unnecessary difficulties.

As I said before that I may be wrong in my interpretation of your post, but I cannot help but feel the tone seemed rather entitled, as if myconid must simply bow down and acquiesce to your every desire. If I'm off the mark then I apologize, but I felt it needed to be said.

I was just giving a suggestion, and that was just an example, to give him an idea of what to do. He did not have to use my EXAMPLE, it was an EXAMPLE. I wrote my words like a tutorial, not a command. Jeez, you don't have to be like that. I was just trying to suggest a feature IF he wanted to do it.
TheHungryELf
???

Postby Myconid32 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:29 pm

Easy now, guys. There's no need for raised voices (so to speak).

Thanks for clarifying your idea, TheHungryElf. It's interesting, but I'm afraid it wouldn't fit within my current conception of the game. However, as Rowan points out, it won't be too difficult to add such a feature yourself once the source is released.

As far as the current progress of the game is concerned, there was a slight hiccup when I realized that the base game's method of handling special abilities is limited, and I frustrated myself for a while with testing before I realized it. Now that I know the issue, I can work around it and progress can continue.

Sorry to everyone I've kept waiting. I know you're checking in frequently and I appreciate it, but it will still be a while.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby cynosura » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:25 pm

Myconid32 wrote:Easy now, guys. There's no need for raised voices (so to speak).

Thanks for clarifying your idea, TheHungryElf. It's interesting, but I'm afraid it wouldn't fit within my current conception of the game. However, as Rowan points out, it won't be too difficult to add such a feature yourself once the source is released.

As far as the current progress of the game is concerned, there was a slight hiccup when I realized that the base game's method of handling special abilities is limited, and I frustrated myself for a while with testing before I realized it. Now that I know the issue, I can work around it and progress can continue.

Sorry to everyone I've kept waiting. I know you're checking in frequently and I appreciate it, but it will still be a while.

I don't suppose there's anything we can do to help? I'm not much of a coder, but if there's something I can do to help I'd be glad to do so.
cynosura
New to the forum

Postby Myconid32 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:07 pm

cynosura wrote:I don't suppose there's anything we can do to help? I'm not much of a coder, but if there's something I can do to help I'd be glad to do so.

I don't think so, unless you know someone who wants to fund me for a few months :P
Disclaimer: This is a jest.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Snowytiggy » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:26 am

Myconid32 wrote:I don't think so, unless you know someone who wants to fund me for a few months :P

*turns into Fry* Shut up and take my money!
Snowytiggy
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheHungryELf » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:31 pm

Myconid32 wrote:I don't think so, unless you know someone who wants to fund me for a few months :P

Here's my money! Take it! *Shoves hands at Myconid32, but they are empty* Dang it. Well I've done all I can do.
TheHungryELf
???

Postby Snowytiggy » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:54 am

Nomnom nom
Snowytiggy
Somewhat familiar

Postby wolf1231567 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:00 pm

I can't find a lot of the monsters named in the "Monsters currently in game" list. Why is this?

P.S. Love the game! Thanks for making it.

{Edit} Nevermind, I'm just a hopeful idiot who missed the words "And planned" in the spoilers list.
wolf1231567
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game