Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.20.2]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Brogue Roguelike Vore Mod (M/M) [Beta Version Up]

Postby DigiThing » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:38 pm

So i jump in and Shift+A. (like to see how far he gets on his own.)
Then i look up 5 sec later and see this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/556 ... %20wat.png
i guess one of the trogs said, "you and what army!" cuz now he has one xD

(he still died 3 levels down x'D)
Remember to always have fun in whatever you do :3

DigiThing
DigiThing
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:58 pm

DigiThing wrote:So i jump in and Shift+A. (like to see how far he gets on his own.)
Then i look up 5 sec later and see this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/556 ... %20wat.png
i guess one of the trogs said, "you and what army!" cuz now he has one xD

(he still died 3 levels down x'D)

Yeah, balance testing is not a thing that has happened yet.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Brutaller » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:03 pm

reminds me this was one of the very few games that i didnt manage to crack with cheat engine :'(
Brutaller
Participator

Postby Snowytiggy » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:28 pm

okie, bug testing here, I found a doozy involving the new ally system. I found that if you have any knight followers and you save and suspend the game while they are in the warning phase of corruption (the knight eyes you hungrily) but haven't been corrupted yet, the save file will Desynch when you reload it, the game engine and drop down screen spazzing out. I once managed to get the menu to stop spamming itself open and closed and saw that on loading, the engine assumed the knight had become a barbarian and I submitted, as if the corruption went to full phase while out of game, causing the file to crash because I was being digested willingly by an entity that didn't exist. This IS replicable, and the followers don't even have to be on the same floor. I first noticed it on saving upon reaching a new floor.

I encountered a second bug I haven't yet been able to replicate. On an early run I got down to floor seven and hit a brick wall difficulty curve, where ever mob on that floor was a pred, no prey, all hunting me. To try to escape I had to run back upstairs, and a centaur and a dire bear followed me up. I hid in a separate room that the centaur found. I killed the taur and rested to heal up. I then went to go back downstairs and the dire bear was sleeping by the staircase. I attacked, fought, and beat him, but instead of saying "you killed a dire bear," I received the message "you killed something" as the orange "b" vanished. Upon going back downstairs I was only able to take one step before the game froze and got a "brogue has stopped responding" message. I by chance did happen to have a save right before going downstairs and a second time was only able to go one step. I think the bear's AI had been trying to get back down the entire time after I got out of its hunting range, but was unable to accurately move back down a floor until it died. I think the game then had the bear dead one floor above and the same bear alive on the lower floor, causing the crash.

Will report more as I find them, and as always, THANK YOU FOR MAKING AN AWESOME GAME! :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:
Last edited by Snowytiggy on Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snowytiggy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:32 pm

Snowytiggy wrote:That's just what I've found so far since I noticed the technical release version was out today. Will report more as I find them, and as always, THANK YOU FOR MAKING AN AWESOME GAME! :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

The Technical Update has NOT been released yet; the link was just updated for an unrelated reason with some unfinished code. Thank you for the information, however.

Edit: I have never tried to mess with the suspend functionality the entire time I've been working on this mod, so I have no idea what might be causing the suspend-related issues. I recommend simply not trying to save and restart the game, since you are almost guaranteed to have problems.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Snowytiggy » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:48 pm

Myconid32 wrote:
Snowytiggy wrote: Will report more as I find them, and as always, THANK YOU FOR MAKING AN AWESOME GAME! :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

the link was just updated for an unrelated reason with some unfinished code. Thank you for the information, however.

Edit: I have never tried to mess with the suspend functionality the entire time I've been working on this mod, so I have no idea what might be causing the suspend-related issues. I recommend simply not trying to save and restart the game, since you are almost guaranteed to have problems.

My mistake then. I thought it was just for some reason quietly introduced. I blame tiredness. The up and down the stairs freeze out was relevant though, and I have tinkered enough with the suspend thing to make it generally workable, and it does have uses and most of its functionality. The only caveat is that a game is inherently lost in the files when you die and you get the option to make it a recording. The work around is to just manually make a Back up save file and copypasta the game save into that each time you go out of game.

and edited my OP
Snowytiggy
Somewhat familiar

Postby cynosura » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:37 pm

I also grabbed the link in the OP- I didn't play all that much but I did note a couple things.

I dunno if this is a bug or not, but goblins are the only pred that will cum out the remains of prey. I'd like to see any pred that has CV do that.

Knights are kind of...really common, at least in the starting levels. In the few playthroughs I did, it was not uncommon for me to descend to level 2 with like 7 of them following me. Perhaps their frequency should be decreased a bit?
cynosura
New to the forum

Postby Myconid32 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:27 am

I'll reiterate that the link in the OP does not represent any official update and is guaranteed to have balance issues that do not need to be reported. Download at your own peril.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Bellove35 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:26 am

Seasons Bumpings!
Bellove35
New to the forum

Postby dasp » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:47 am

Bellove35 wrote:Seasons Bumpings!

Oh thank god someone did it for me.
I've been keeping an eye on this thread once a week or so. Was a bit worried that this was just forgotten about.
dasp
New to the forum

Postby Myconid32 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:14 am

Not forgotten, just dealing with frustrating bugs. I'm trying to work out the kinks so that it's actually playable before I release the next update.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AlienEagle » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:29 pm

So what's been your favorite thing to work on during this whole project? Creating monsters, writing descriptions, etc. etc.?
AlienEagle
New to the forum

Postby Myconid32 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:56 am

AlienEagle wrote:So what's been your favorite thing to work on during this whole project? Creating monsters, writing descriptions, etc. etc.?

I don't think I have a favorite thing to work on. To be honest, working on the game is a huge, stressful chore that usually ends with me punching a table and falling asleep. My real favorite part is when, against all odds, the pieces fall together and I suddenly have a game I can play.

Then one of you reports a bug and it starts all over again <3
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AlienEagle » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:46 am

Myconid32 wrote:
AlienEagle wrote:So what's been your favorite thing to work on during this whole project? Creating monsters, writing descriptions, etc. etc.?

I don't think I have a favorite thing to work on. To be honest, working on the game is a huge, stressful chore that usually ends with me punching a table and falling asleep. My real favorite part is when, against all odds, the pieces fall together and I suddenly have a game I can play.

Oh jeez, that sounds awful D:
Thanks a bunch for doing this if it causes you that much stress! Don't overwork yourself though
AlienEagle
New to the forum

Postby Myconid32 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:54 pm

AlienEagle wrote:
Myconid32 wrote:

Oh jeez, that sounds awful D:
Thanks a bunch for doing this if it causes you that much stress! Don't overwork yourself though

I didn't mean to make it sound so bad, haha. I just let it get to me because I want really badly for it to work well. It really is worth it when it finally comes together.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AlienEagle » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:48 pm

Myconid32 wrote:
I didn't mean to make it sound so bad, haha. I just let it get to me because I want really badly for it to work well. It really is worth it when it finally comes together.

Sounds a lot like school, really. If you don't understand it you freak out, but then there's those beautiful moments where everything is clear and you feel like a genius!
Then the new material starts and the cycle repeats x3
AlienEagle
New to the forum

Postby cynosura » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:05 pm

Well, we could just stop reporting bugs if that helps. :lol:
cynosura
New to the forum

Postby uents » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:27 pm

I haven't found a post on this maybe there is though, I was wondering what the creators opinion was on player predator options. Does anyone one know what his thoughts were on this?
uents
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:08 pm

uents wrote:I haven't found a post on this maybe there is though, I was wondering what the creators opinion was on player predator options. Does anyone one know what his thoughts were on this?

At current time, the main game will allow the player to become a predator at floor 12 (and an apex predator further down). One of the toggles that alters gameplay will allow the player to be a predator immediately. Random Mode will have the option for the player to be prey, predator, or apex predator from the beginning.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby uents » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:41 pm

Myconid32 wrote:
uents wrote:I haven't found a post on this maybe there is though, I was wondering what the creators opinion was on player predator options. Does anyone one know what his thoughts were on this?

At current time, the main game will allow the player to become a predator at floor 12 (and an apex predator further down). One of the toggles that alters gameplay will allow the player to be a predator immediately. Random Mode will have the option for the player to be prey, predator, or apex predator from the beginning.

I got to depth 12 a few times now but I haven't yet seen anything suspicious that would make me a pred.
uents
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game