Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.20.2]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Brogue Roguelike Vore Mod (M/M) [Beta Version Up]

Postby Myconid32 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:53 am

The source code for Brogue is available on their website (link in the first post, I believe), and is free for anyone to edit. The code for the vore mod is not, since it's buggy as all hell, hence the complaints of crashes and my attempts to rewrite it from scratch.

While anyone is welcome to do their own thing, I will not be implementing female characters as a matter of personal preference. If/when I make a complete, stable build, however, I will post the source and leave instructions for creating one's own enemies.

As for difficulty, recall that the game is incomplete and being tested by you, the viewer. I acknowledge that difficulty can be a turnoff, and it WILL be toned down... slightly... but only after the new update.

Something to come soon, hopefully!
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Balgias » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:11 pm

Firon wrote:
you don't seem to of played rogue like games before....it is meant to be obnoxiously hard...that's the point

You seem to know nothing about putting an erogenous game together, you don't make arousing experiences excluded by a difficulty barrier.
Balgias
Been posting for a bit

Postby Myconid32 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:18 pm

This is the reason the original version of the game (when it was still a tiny, private project) spawned monsters randomly. The difficulty was still there, but there was much more variety and the point was not to get to a certain floor but find out which creature would end up eating you.

The new game will include a random option for people more interested in the creatures than the game, as well as easier difficulties for people who like both.

The game will also include harder difficulty options that change the game in different ways and stack with each other, allowing you to customize a challenge for yourself.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Firon » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:38 pm

Balgias wrote:You seem to know nothing about putting an erogenous game together, you don't make arousing experiences excluded by a difficulty barrier.

was this game made to be fap material though?

you are already assuming infomation that hasn't really been given or wasn't given clearly

even I don't know those facts....all I know is the fact this game was built on a rogue like engine....I have a feeling the people here than downloaded this game knew this fact and what they were going to be subjected to....rogue likes are hard...vore game or not....the core engine is rogue like and that's where the difficulty stems from.....granted Myconid has stated he is trying to lower the difficulty....you'll have that to look forward to

but complaining about something I'm sure a lot of people here actually expected?....
Firon
---

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:22 pm

You seem to know nothing about putting an erogenous game together, you don't make arousing experiences excluded by a difficulty barrier.

And I could have sworn that Myconid made it clear a few posts back his new update is going to be more creature/vore friendly and not so difficulty/rage inducing. So if that's what you are trying to complain about if you are complaining of course then just be patient and wait for the update that is hopefully coming sooner or later.

Anyways looking forward to that update! Sounds like it must be coming along much easier after learning the coding a bit more beforehand.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Myconid32 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:40 pm

Dragonvorelover135 wrote:Anyways looking forward to that update! Sounds like it must be coming along much easier after learning the coding a bit more beforehand.

It's coming along, but I wouldn't say the work is easier. In the interest of full disclosure, while I very much want to finish the project and post it for you all to enjoy, keep in mind that I am notoriously capricious regarding my hobbies. I have no fewer than seven incomplete vore-related projects going on at the moment thanks to my extreme distractibility. Most of these have never been announced and I am trying to ignore them for the sake of finishing something (Brogue) for once. Keyword: "trying".

There's also the emotional stuff, which become more interesting since I'm out of insurance and therefore medication until June. So that's fun!

If the stars align, we should have a fun, customizable, editable vore mod for the community to toy with. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Myconid32 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:27 pm

For the record, I'm pleased to have discovered a set of blueprints for dungeon elements that may have been causing the persistent errors you've all been experiencing. Some of the blueprints (such as "vampire lair" or "eel flood") refer to monsters that no longer exist, which probably caused a conflict.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:48 pm

For the record, I'm pleased to have discovered a set of blueprints for dungeon elements that may have been causing the persistent errors you've all been experiencing. Some of the blueprints (such as "vampire lair" or "eel flood") refer to monsters that no longer exist, which probably caused a conflict.

That is indeed good to know! Would help me focus on surviving more then doing something that causes a crash. But it is rare to crash for me anyways. I just am over cautious.. xD
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Balgias » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:21 pm

Dragonvorelover135 wrote:

And I could have sworn that Myconid made it clear a few posts back his new update is going to be more creature/vore friendly and not so difficulty/rage inducing. So if that's what you are trying to complain about if you are complaining of course then just be patient and wait for the update that is hopefully coming sooner or later.

Anyways looking forward to that update! Sounds like it must be coming along much easier after learning the coding a bit more beforehand.

You read that out of context, a different member was saying that rogue-likes, vore-themed or not -have- to be hard.
Balgias
Been posting for a bit

Postby VincentTheFox » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:10 am

I love this game the way it is now. Its my favorite one here so far. More creatures are going to make it even greater.
VincentTheFox
Been posting for a bit

Postby ssteller » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:24 am

The game's great, and I'm glad you're working on it again. I managed to actually get the amulet and get out a couple days ago. Can't wait till new enemies are implemented :-D
ssteller
New to the forum

Postby Snowytiggy » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:26 am

I'm looking really forward to the whole, "becoming an apex predator" thing. Btw Myconid, can apex predators eat other apex preds? That'd be fantastic if you make it so :3 :gulp: :gulp:
Snowytiggy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:57 am

Snowytiggy wrote:I'm looking really forward to the whole, "becoming an apex predator" thing. Btw Myconid, can apex predators eat other apex preds? That'd be fantastic if you make it so :3 :gulp: :gulp:

No, unfortunately, by definition. I might decide to implement size-based vore at some point (ie. a T-Rex would logically be able to eat most things smaller than itself), but currently there are just three classes (prey, pred, apex) and a character cannot eat another character of an equal or greater class.

Currently the only entity exempt from this rule is the player, who can be eaten by any non-prey creature in addition to eventually becoming a predator himself. The reason he cannot eat apex preds is to retain a challenge in the later floors.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Snowytiggy » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:01 pm

Myconid32 wrote: The reason he cannot eat apex preds is to retain a challenge in the later floors.

That actually makes a lot of sense, and still retains a challenge. It will be cool at least to be able to eat most other predators, and it would be a cool effect if the enemies you eat count toward your hunger bar. it's logical at least~ unless you choose to like, cock vore them or something *smiles innocently, though is hoping dearly that the player will be able to do alt vore types* :3
Snowytiggy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:30 pm

The player will advance to pred, which allows them to eat prey, and then apex, which does allow them to eat lesser predators. Hunger is being changed to only affect the pkyer once they become a predator (ie. no more rations) and is managed by eating prey.My intention is to give the player some degree of control over the vore type, but I don't know how that will work yet.

Because of the above, I want the game to eventually encourage the player to keep his human allies safe, if only to have a backup meal available...
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Myconid32 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:36 am

Some frustrating bugs have been dealt with, and now I just need to re-implement the vore functionality itself and hope nothing breaks. After that's done, I'll be able to work on level content and difficulty toggles. The following are the currently planned toggles, but if you have a good idea I might include it.

- Thin The Herd: Fewer enemy spawns. The benefit of this toggle lessens as the game progresses.
- Explorer: Player begins the game with more equipment.
- Money Money: Respawns are allowed after death at the cost of gold. The cost increases with each death.
- Educated: Items are identified immediately upon pickup. No more drinking potions of incineration!
- Energizer: The number of uses of staves and charms is increased.
- Skeleton Key: Keys are no longer required to open locked doors.
- Stairmaster: Enemies cannot change floors. Stairs are safe zone now, and flying enemies cannot pursue you through chasms.
- Waterproof: Enemies cannot traverse water. Swimming enemies no longer spawn, but flying enemies can still catch you.
- Second Wind: Player's healing rate is increased.
- Early Bird: Player begins the game cursed with hunger. You start as a predator, and become an apex pred earlier than normal.
- Lonely Road: No allies except Ostea. Who is Ostea? Well...
- Iron Stomach: Enemies take less internal damage from prey. For those who like to feel helpless.
- Eyes On Me: Enemies notice the player more easily. This includes making enemies easier to wake.
- Single-Minded: Enemies prioritize the player when attacking. The only time enemies will attack each other is to clear a path to you.
- Weakness: Potions of Strength do not spawn.
- Frailty: Potions of Life do not spawn.
- Guerillas: Enemies flee more often when near death, and recover more quickly.
- Wildcard: Enemies spawn randomly. The only enemies that can't show up out of order are the three bosses.
- Insatiable: Enemy stats and vore threshold are increased. Good luck...
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DigiThing » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:47 am

can't wait :3
Remember to always have fun in whatever you do :3

DigiThing
DigiThing
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ominom » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:42 am

I'm really, really looking forward to this now! I ended up getting to Floor 18 back when I first played it, but it seemed that new enemies stopped spawning at some point, and it was nothing but Sergals, Hawks and Cats for floor after floor. But now it sounds like you have all the issues the game used to have under control, and I'm sure you'll deliver an excellently erotic vore quest! Normally M/M isn't my preference, but this game makes me like it a whole lot more.

Shame to hear that your mental health hasn't been the best over the last while. Best of luck in all regards!
Ominom
Been posting for a bit

Postby Nibor » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:05 pm

Myconid32 wrote:Some frustrating bugs have been dealt with, and now I just need to re-implement the vore functionality itself and hope nothing breaks. After that's done, I'll be able to work on level content and difficulty toggles. The following are the currently planned toggles, but if you have a good idea I might include it.
(list of toggle-able options.)

These are some good ideas! I'm definitely going to use "Explorer" and "Educated". (Maybe "Skeleton key" too.) I don't think I'd want such a challenge as to use "Weakness" or "Frailty", though. Btw, who IS Ostea?
Eka's resident lurker Yoshi!
My character list
Nibor
???

Postby warbrand4 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:23 pm

here are some ideas for toggles

wolf buddy: player starts with an allied wolf.
portal gate: player starts on a random floor.
dead wind: there are no ranged attacks.
toxic: player poisons all hostiles that attack them, but starts with 1/4 health
just an RPG maker mapper,
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game