Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.20.2]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.12.1]

Postby player1 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:21 am

Myconid32 wrote:So an update is probably in order.

I got my new house! We're moved in and it's awesome! I have an office! Yay! That's the good news.

The bad news is that I had an accident while moving (our new lawn has a hidden hole that eats ankles) and have been laid up for a while, so I can't even get to the office, much less work in it. However, I am minus two nosy roommates and I'm looking forward to getting a lot of work done soon! Thanks for everything, guys.

woowee! hope you settle well and looking forward to new content!
"wizards, no sense of right or wrong!" some spacemen wisdom.
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Cygni » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:56 pm

Gratz on the new house :3 Sorry to hear you hurt yourself. Maybe you can turn that concept into a story or something xD Looking forward to a new update!
Cygni
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Chaos199416 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:45 pm

I hope you get well soon just be careful and do not strain yourself
Chaos199416
Somewhat familiar

Postby Cygni » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:18 pm

Happy vore day! Any progress you feel like updating us on, Myco? How is your leg doing?
Cygni
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Myconid32 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:57 pm

Maenethal wrote:Happy vore day! Any progress you feel like updating us on, Myco? How is your leg doing?

My ankle is better but progress is slow. I'm not happy with the length limit of existing vore lines but I'm hesitant to change them right now since it will mean more work in the future. I would eventually like to be more detailed with swallow and disposal text in the future, though.

At the moment I'm working less on monsters and more on map generation and mechanics changes, so we can expect a lot of bugs soon. Sorry! There will, however, be some new beasties in the next update.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Cygni » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:30 pm

Glad to hear you're doing better. Make sure you keep a warm compress on it and keep it from moving. If you have dandelion or lavender handy, put that in the compress as well. They'll help reduce swelling.
Cygni
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:20 pm

Has everything been going well Myconid? Hopefully the new changes aren't giving you any trouble with bugs or crashes.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Cygni » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:45 pm

Any news Myco? Your foot doing better? Be glad to hear how your holding up.
Cygni
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Myconid32 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:41 am

Sorry for the lack of updates. In all honesty, I'm being distracted by some other (vore-related game) projects that have been piquing my interest lately. I want to finish this game but I'm not doing consistent work on it right now. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to it soon.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Cygni » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:15 pm

What projects would those be? o.o
Cygni
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Myconid32 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:24 pm

Maenethal wrote:What projects would those be? o.o

I'm not comfortable giving details since they're in varying stages of completion, but they are all M/M games that let me practice some method like drawing or sprite animations in my spare time. I've been getting distracted with more visual stuff since I now have the opportunity to draw such things without constantly worrying about being seen or interrupted. I still intend to finish this game before announcing else (I'm working on 1.13.0 tonight, in fact).
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Eat meh » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:44 am

Myconid32 wrote:
Maenethal wrote:What projects would those be? o.o

I'm not comfortable giving details since they're in varying stages of completion, but they are all M/M games that let me practice some method like drawing or sprite animations in my spare time. I've been getting distracted with more visual stuff since I now have the opportunity to draw such things without constantly worrying about being seen or interrupted. I still intend to finish this game before announcing else (I'm working on 1.13.0 tonight, in fact).

Any teasers about some of the new tweaks/beasties?
Eat meh
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:38 am

Eat meh wrote:Any teasers about some of the new tweaks/beasties?

A Trello link that appeared earlier in the thread has now been added to the top post.

It has some information on the enemies I plan to add and how they are supposed to work, for the benefit of testers. Each of the enemies has a set of checkpoints that need to be hit before they are considered complete. User submissions are not among these enemies, as those are already written and will be added later. In terms of what's coming up next, I'm starting to code the Labyrinth section of the dungeon, which focuses mainly on humanoid or mimic enemies.

There is a second list in the Trello that has information about game mechanics that I would like to change or add. Currently I am working on changing how the enemy AI works, and you can see some of my frustrations with working on that at 2 in the morning.

The Trello updates every time I work on the game, though I work infrequently. If I don't complete a task on the list, I will at least mention what it is I am currently working on. Latest updates and comments should appear on the bottom right.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Eat meh » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:36 am

Myconid32 wrote:
Eat meh wrote:Any teasers about some of the new tweaks/beasties?

A Trello link that appeared earlier in the thread has now been added to the top post.

It has some information on the enemies I plan to add and how they are supposed to work, for the benefit of testers. Each of the enemies has a set of checkpoints that need to be hit before they are considered complete. User submissions are not among these enemies, as those are already written and will be added later. In terms of what's coming up next, I'm starting to code the Labyrinth section of the dungeon, which focuses mainly on humanoid or mimic enemies.

There is a second list in the Trello that has information about game mechanics that I would like to change or add. Currently I am working on changing how the enemy AI works, and you can see some of my frustrations with working on that at 2 in the morning.

The Trello updates every time I work on the game, though I work infrequently. If I don't complete a task on the list, I will at least mention what it is I am currently working on. Latest updates and comments should appear on the bottom right.

Ah, I'll have to check that out. I forgot about the Trello. @,,@
Eat meh
Somewhat familiar

Postby Cygni » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:35 pm

Are you still planning on eventually adding different finish text for offering yourself to a predator?
Cygni
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Myconid32 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:39 pm

Maenethal wrote:Are you still planning on eventually adding different finish text for offering yourself to a predator?

I don't think so. They at least will not be very different, perhaps changing references to struggling to more involuntary twitching, etc. I currently have no plans to change them at all, but I may in the future.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby jeveasy » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:46 pm

[youtube][/youtube]Just looked at your trello and some of the monsters you have planned scare me just with the thought of having to deal with them. : ^^; >.> :( 8O was the progression of my face reading about them.
jeveasy
Been posting for a bit

Postby Myconid32 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:20 pm

jeveasy wrote:Just looked at your trello and some of the monsters you have planned scare me just with the thought of having to deal with them. : ^^; >.> :( 8O was the progression of my face reading about them.

Your fear pales in comparison to my fear of having to code them! Some of those things have complex behaviors.
Speaking of, in case folks are wondering, I'm working out some bugs with the new mechanics changes. I'll update the Trello as progress is made.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Kligor » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:00 am

My apologies if this is super old and such but I think Im on an older version please tell me if this was fixed before.
Sometimes when going down a floor the rooms will lead to dead ends and the descending stairs arent available unless I can teleport. (using debug mode)
Sorry again if this was already mentioned and or fixed unless its a feature.
Kligor
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:14 am

Kligor wrote:My apologies if this is super old and such but I think Im on an older version please tell me if this was fixed before.
Sometimes when going down a floor the rooms will lead to dead ends and the descending stairs arent available unless I can teleport. (using debug mode)
Sorry again if this was already mentioned and or fixed unless its a feature.

This is a normal part of the original game. Sometimes you will find yourself stuck because the only doors that allow progress are hidden. Press "S" near walls that you suspect have rooms beyond them to search the area. You can also use this feature to find hidden traps, such as pressure plates or weak floors.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game