Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.20.2]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.11.3]

Postby betacygni » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:06 pm

Thanks for the update! Sprite graphics sounds fun, but I really like the original Brogue graphics too. I'd say the best course of action would be finishing what you have first, then worry about converting to a different engine- but it's your call what you want to do!
betacygni
Somewhat familiar

Postby oliverrook » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:57 pm

Myconid32 wrote:
DigiThing wrote:
Maenethal wrote:I don't see why people are talking about "completing" the game. Isn't getting nommed the fun part?

For some, the FEAR of being eaten and digested is more fun then just throwing yourself into a maw.

This. As someone who prefers unwilling vore, the chase and the chance of escape are important to my experience. My game Dead End featured the same principle; you can win if you try hard enough, but the odds are heavily stacked against you and you're probably going to end up getting swallowed and digested.

Yeah, then there's the opposite view: The completionist view. Which in this case, would mean getting eaten both willingly and unwillingly by ever animal in the game, plus the digestion scenes... Yeah, it takes a while, especially when you don't mean to get eaten. XD
I ate you. My fox ate me. My dragon ate my fox. My wolf ate my dragon. My otterdog ate my wolf. My pikachu ate my otterdog. And so on, and so forth.
*BUUURRRP*
oliverrook
Participator

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:39 pm

Been awhile since the last update. Is everything still well Myconid?
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Myconid32 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:17 pm

Dragonvorelover135 wrote:Been awhile since the last update. Is everything still well Myconid?

Sorry for the lack of response. I've just been having trouble getting time to work on the game. My intention is still to finish this iteration of the game and release the source before turning my attention to any other projects.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby vernam » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:43 pm

Is there anyone playing around with spawnrate file? Trying to modify some enemys spawn rate, but it doesn't seems to have any affect. even without the spawnrate file, the game works well on its own :9 is it just not implemented yet?
vernam
Been posting for a bit

Postby Myconid32 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:07 am

vernam wrote:Is there anyone playing around with spawnrate file? Trying to modify some enemys spawn rate, but it doesn't seems to have any affect. even without the spawnrate file, the game works well on its own :9 is it just not implemented yet?

That file is actually just for reference. It also hasn't been updated in a while. It doesn't actually affect the game in any way, but it's more intuitive to read than the list I have in the code.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aino » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:27 am

oliverrook wrote:
Myconid32 wrote:
DigiThing wrote:For some, the FEAR of being eaten and digested is more fun then just throwing yourself into a maw.

This. As someone who prefers unwilling vore, the chase and the chance of escape are important to my experience. My game Dead End featured the same principle; you can win if you try hard enough, but the odds are heavily stacked against you and you're probably going to end up getting swallowed and digested.

Yeah, then there's the opposite view: The completionist view. Which in this case, would mean getting eaten both willingly and unwillingly by ever animal in the game, plus the digestion scenes... Yeah, it takes a while, especially when you don't mean to get eaten. XD

personally as a pred I kind of wish there was a predator mode, or wandering monster mode
create my character, and then enjoy eating passing heros and other monsters
Aino
New to the forum

Postby Hivelord » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:18 pm

personally as a pred I kind of wish there was a predator mode, or wandering monster mode
create my character, and then enjoy eating passing heros and other monsters[/quote]

That would actually be interesting to do. Maybe add a system where you can find some willing prey. Maybe get descriptions while you are digesting someone.
Hivelord
Somewhat familiar

Postby Topeantonio » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:33 pm

Hivelord wrote:personally as a pred I kind of wish there was a predator mode, or wandering monster mode

You have a pred mode. You just need to go down enough floors.
Topeantonio
Been posting for a bit

Postby Hivelord » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:10 am

Topeantonio wrote:
Hivelord wrote:personally as a pred I kind of wish there was a predator mode, or wandering monster mode

You have a pred mode. You just need to go down enough floors.

I think he means a mode where you play as a monster
Hivelord
Somewhat familiar

Postby kibacheetah » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:40 am

I really like this game so far, but even with easy mode i can't make it to floor 12.

the game usually closes itself T.T
also stuck in a dead snake once i think.
ive no idea how to save either, what i thought was save, seemed to be a replay that was always "out of sync"

if there is any way to spawn at a specific floor or something i'm missing do tell, i would love to see more of the game.
kibacheetah
New to the forum

Postby Daelakama » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:05 pm

kibacheetah wrote:

I'm unsure about the current version of the game (I may still have an old version) but a 'debug' executable should allow you to skip around to any floor you'd like.

Also, that is the save function. It's just broken, unfortunately. Has been since the original game this mod is based off, if I'm not wrong. Op and co are working on finding and ironing out the bugs, so if you happen to find any (like being eaten by a dead snake?) please screenshot/etc and let us know the details~
Daelakama
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:55 am

I have not provided content in what appears to be a couple of months, so I thought I should post some news to assure players that this project is not dead. I am getting through the descriptions and code of several apex predators to finish off the Wilds section of the dungeon. However, work has been slow because of personal projects, roommate trouble, and creative blocks. I have also made no headway in fixing the suspend feature, which affects my motivation somewhat. I still fully intend to finish the game, however, and then port it to a format that can be saved more easily. Thanks to everyone for your patience and for enjoying what I have made so far. I hope to get an update to you soon.
Wil
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby betacygni » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:35 pm

Good to know! No hurry, take care of yourself first.
betacygni
Somewhat familiar

Postby Red_Rudy_07 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:35 pm

As above, rule 1 of the web is meat-space comes first. We can wait, especially when you have been great at rewarding patience with quality at no cost to us.
Red_Rudy_07
New to the forum

Postby wetcardboardbox » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:05 am

Hi Myconid! I gotta say this game is pretty neat. I've been using NEW TEST VERSION (Pick Me) for a few days and it's pretty addicting. All issues I've experienced seem well-known (random crashes, broken save function), but I wonder if I'm the only one who absolutely despises the serpents? It seems about 60% of the time I encounter one, I die, even in easy mode, either from poison or from meeting more enemies before I can recover from the fight.
wetcardboardbox
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:38 pm

wetcardboardbox wrote: I wonder if I'm the only one who absolutely despises the serpents? It seems about 60% of the time I encounter one, I die, even in easy mode, either from poison or from meeting more enemies before I can recover from the fight.

If testers are having trouble with them, then the spawn rate can certainly be reduced.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby torreny » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:37 am

Myconid32 wrote:If testers are having trouble with them, then the spawn rate can certainly be reduced.

I would suggest not changing them, as they seem fine to me. I tend to play roguelikes a fair bit, and I've noticed in the past people complaining about the difficulty where I've seen nothing unreasonable. Not to say anyone sucks, especially when playing something as mercurial as an in-progress game project, but a little more perseverance might be in order. Haven't attempted it for several months, but I've seen through what is there of the game, without cheating, for example.

Figure I might as well toss in my 2p, given how much I lurk this place. Either way I am very glad you've been working on this project. Vore and rogue-styled games are both large interests of mine. Though lacking the paraphilia, I've tried a couple different abortive attempts at making roguelikes, but doing code eventually gets to me and burns out the enthusiasm. Don't know how you do it! :-D
Everything is better with lizardmen.
torreny
New to the forum

Postby Cygni » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:52 pm

Anything new going on?
Cygni
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Myconid32 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:11 am

Yes! Some new things are written but I'm getting bogged down with sanitizing code and pre-testing.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game