Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.20.2]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.11.0]

Postby Myconid32 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:03 pm

eatmeplease wrote:As far as the saving goes, can't the save simply be a snapshot of the current location? Have the replay log by all means but keep it separate from the loading of saved games. I'm not sure if that's doable though.

The main issue with this is that the Suspend feature is part of the original mod (and in beta, at that), so I'm not entirely familiar with its functionality. From the look of it, it works by recording every single input you make and then basically replaying the game from a particular seed every time you load. I've been learning how it works but I can't fiddle with it too much yet without breaking the game in other places. Also, since I didn't even know the Suspend function existed until people started trying to save the game, I don't know how many of my edits up to that point are incompatible with the system.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Cygni » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:38 am

Great game so far, Myconid! Love it. I wanted to ask if it would be possible to add CTF. Could it be a new vore type, or just different lines for CV? Just wanted to suggest that. Keep up the good work!
Cygni
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Daelakama » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:21 pm

Curious question~

Are preds able to have duplicate vore types? ex, an enemy that has two separate oral vore moves, each with their own swallow/willing/digestion/finish lines?
Had an few ideas floating around for a cerberus/hydra mob~

Unrelated- I should probably try nd get around to finishing some of said ideas. I have nearly a dozen unfinished monster write ups just sittin on my comp >/<;
Daelakama
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:54 pm

Maenethal wrote:Great game so far, Myconid! Love it. I wanted to ask if it would be possible to add CTF. Could it be a new vore type, or just different lines for CV? Just wanted to suggest that. Keep up the good work!

My only issue with that is that vore moves need to give the player an opportunity for escape. It would be odd for the player to be in the middle of transforming, only to break out of the predator completely unchanged. An alternative might be to have the player be cock vored as normal but have the transformation be part of the "disposal" ending message. You can shoot some more ideas by me if you think of them, but keep in mind that entirely new vore types are tedious to implement.

Daelakama wrote:Curious question~

Are preds able to have duplicate vore types? ex, an enemy that has two separate oral vore moves, each with their own swallow/willing/digestion/finish lines?

Good question! The answer is yes. No current enemy does this, but the only thing the vore type designates is the type of digesting messages that play (stomach, rectum, etc.). It is entirely possible for an enemy to have two or three vore moves of the same type with distinct attempt/swallow/disposal messages. They could also each have their own set of monster-specific digesting messages, but would draw from the same pool of generic digesting messages.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Daelakama » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:54 pm

Great~ ^-^ thanks for the quick response <3
Daelakama
Somewhat familiar

Postby Cygni » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:58 pm

Maybe instead of going straight into transformation, the pred would "weaken" you first by fucking your brains out, to put it scientifically. Either that, or have it be a vore move when your health is too low to have any hope of escape. Or, when you get the toggles made for "inescapable digestion", CTF could be done without too much issue.

On another note, do you still plan to add separate "willing" finish text that implied the player wanted to be eaten? The "you gurgle in horror" in the Wolf CV finish is still a little, ah... off-putting.
Cygni
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Myconid32 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:23 pm

Maenethal wrote:On another note, do you still plan to add separate "willing" finish text that implied the player wanted to be eaten? The "you gurgle in horror" in the Wolf CV finish is still a little, ah... off-putting.

It's not on my to-do list at the moment, since making separate disposal messages for willing vore means I would have to add them retroactively to all the monsters I've made so far, which is a lot of work. I'm still not done writing player pred messages for each enemy.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Salanth » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:07 pm

I haven't really played this update too much but I did run into one strange thing; once, just after dropping down with a descent potion (not sure if it had any relevance) I climbed up the stairs again. When I then tried to rest to recover health it seemed like every enemy on the next floor saw me, after which they walked up the stairs already hunting for me. After that I quickly became overwhelmed and got eaten. I haven't really done any more testing (and when I think about it I haven't seen if anyone else has had the same problem) but I figure you would want to know it in any case, in case it happens more than once.
Salanth
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Daelakama » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:43 pm

Gonna do a quick playthrough nd write down any lil things I notice~
Sorry if things are a bit jumbled, I may go through nd reorganize but atm I'm just scribbling down anything I see as it happens.

-Preds no longer move whenever they eat the player specifically.
-I noticed an Aplha wolf that was invisible whenever he wasn't in range to attack me; he and the dire following him had just eaten a pair of prey. Unsure what caused this.
-Allied units no longer attack preds that have swallowed the player. (nearly died while my Trogg stared dumbly at the desperately squirming bulge in a werewolf :T)
-The giant squids are a good first step in making traversing deep water unappealing~ ^w^
-Potions, scrolls and charms can now be used inside predators.
-Two smiling orbs were unmoving but 'hunting'. Thought it was strange but I assumed it had something to do with the 'always hunting' perk. Just stumbled onto a large pool of unmoving, hunting demons in the lava. They behave kinda as if they were sleeping.
-You can use items while paralyzed; only tested with a lifecharm while trapped inside a gold jelly, but I assume it's relatable to the using items in bellies post above.
!!!Related to the post directly above mine; all of the sleeping, hunting demons just began filing through to the next floor after me.
-'The Andaconda siezes the Zealot' *Zealot continues to move towards me to attack*
-An aggravate monsters scroll caused a group of sauropods on the floor to begin hunting me~
-imps are acting a bit strangely sometimes; fleeing without having anything, occasionally missing the player
-seems like you can repeat the vore attempt indefinitely if you're surrounded by 2+ enemies?

Crashed on F26 while breaking out of a slime. Desync happened on F5 while being digested by a Dire Bear, unsure of the cause.
Last edited by Daelakama on Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daelakama
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:07 pm

Daelakama wrote:Gonna do a quick playthrough nd write down any lil things I notice~
Sorry if things are a bit jumbled, I may go through nd reorganize but atm I'm just scribbling down anything I see as it happens.

-Preds no longer move whenever they eat the player specifically.
-I noticed an Aplha wolf that was invisible whenever he wasn't in range to attack me; he and the dire following him had just eaten a pair of prey. Unsure what caused this.
-Allied units no longer attack preds that have swallowed the player. (nearly died while my Trogg stared dumbly at the desperately squirming bulge in a werewolf :T)
-The giant squids are a good first step in making traversing deep water unappealing~ ^w^
-Potions, scrolls and charms can now be used inside predators.
-Two smiling orbs were unmoving but 'hunting'. Thought it was strange but I assumed it had something to do with the 'always hunting' perk. Just stumbled onto a large pool of unmoving, hunting demons in the lava. They behave kinda as if they were sleeping.
-You can use items while paralyzed; only tested with a lifecharm while trapped inside a gold jelly, but I assume it's relatable to the using items in bellies post above.
!!!Related to the post directly above mine; all of the sleeping, hunting demons just began filing through to the next floor after me.
-'The Andaconda siezes the Zealot' *Zealot continues to move towards me to attack*
-An aggravate monsters scroll caused a group of sauropods on the floor to begin hunting me~
-imps are acting a bit strangely sometimes; fleeing without having anything, occasionally missing the player

Well, there goes my week. Just kidding, I'll look into these.

That1guy wrote:I haven't really played this update too much but I did run into one strange thing; once, just after dropping down with a descent potion (not sure if it had any relevance) I climbed up the stairs again. When I then tried to rest to recover health it seemed like every enemy on the next floor saw me, after which they walked up the stairs already hunting for me. After that I quickly became overwhelmed and got eaten. I haven't really done any more testing (and when I think about it I haven't seen if anyone else has had the same problem) but I figure you would want to know it in any case, in case it happens more than once.

There have been some bugs with descent potions that I think i just fixed, and I'm aware of this odd "always hunting" behavior. I'll try to sort it out.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Daelakama » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:45 pm

final snip you may've missed from my post:
-seems like you can repeat the vore attempt indefinitely if you're surrounded by 2+ enemies?
Daelakama
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.11.1]

Postby Myconid32 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:43 pm

Update 0.11.1: Details in the changelog.

Bug fixes! I repaired some things as well as I was able. Testers, please try and verify that the changelog is correct. NOTE: Only the files "brogue.exe" and "debug.exe" have been updated. Do NOT report a bug if you are playing one of the specific enemy builds.

I have been unable to reproduce the following mentioned bugs:
-An aggravate monsters scroll caused a group of sauropods on the floor to begin hunting me

Please let me know if you have discover anything related to the above reports.
Bugs related to save desyncs are still being fixed.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Daelakama » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:42 am

The aggravate scroll to hunting sauropods may've been a bug related to the unmoving hunter thing. I didn't notice if the sauropods had hunting status initially because they wern't acting out of the ordinary just standing around. Only noticed after they started lumbering towards me with several dozen turns of 'off-balance'

The imp's fleeing may be a response to other preds? Unsure about the missing sometimes thing, though it was only once during my playthrough.
Daelakama
Somewhat familiar

Postby Kazin » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:57 pm

Had the game crash on me: Just cleared the starting floor and was standing in a long hallway, had a bandit follower I had saved form a gecko. I used an unknown scroll that turned out to be aggravate monster but most if not everything on the floor should be dead so I didn't worry about it and drank and unknown potion that turned out to be the potion that drops you to the next floor, the bandit was close enough that he should fall with me. After hitting the space bar to advance past the notice that it was a deep descent potion I fall to the next floor and get the message that my swallower broke my fall which is odd seeing as I wasn't inside a pred at the time of drinking the potion, hit space again and the game crashes. idk if that helps or not, first time its happened to me tho I'll try and repeat the process if I'm given the chance. I kinda like to think I fell into the maw of something down below tho and was eaten haha :gulp:
Kazin
New to the forum

Postby Myconid32 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:55 pm

Kazin wrote:Had the game crash on me: Just cleared the starting floor and was standing in a long hallway, had a bandit follower I had saved form a gecko. I used an unknown scroll that turned out to be aggravate monster but most if not everything on the floor should be dead so I didn't worry about it and drank and unknown potion that turned out to be the potion that drops you to the next floor, the bandit was close enough that he should fall with me. After hitting the space bar to advance past the notice that it was a deep descent potion I fall to the next floor and get the message that my swallower broke my fall which is odd seeing as I wasn't inside a pred at the time of drinking the potion, hit space again and the game crashes. idk if that helps or not, first time its happened to me tho I'll try and repeat the process if I'm given the chance. I kinda like to think I fell into the maw of something down below tho and was eaten haha :gulp:

My bad. Fixed for next update.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Kazin » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:04 pm

hey np at all glad I helped find a thing that could be fixed. I've had a lot of fun playing the game so far even with the bugs here and there, its honestly kinda fun trying to find new ones.
Kazin
New to the forum

Postby Midir » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:19 am

I want to point out this is well made :)

What I would like to see though would be... more vore attacks per monsters? The vore part gets repetitive really fast~ Maybe it can be fixed with having more monsters though.
Midir
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Myconid32 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:26 pm

Midir wrote:I want to point out this is well made :)

What I would like to see though would be... more vore attacks per monsters? The vore part gets repetitive really fast~ Maybe it can be fixed with having more monsters though.

Monsters are capped at three vore attacks per creature. This is due to the fact that writing the monsters takes the most time as it is, due to the fact that each vore move requires several lines of text and thinking of descriptions arguably takes the most time when creating a new creature. I do intend to add more monsters, but it is taking a while due to the fact that I am trying to iron out bugs and have less time to work due to RL issues.

Incidentally, this game got a review on Furaffinity apparently? That surprised me. Take a look and tell me what you think about what could be improved.
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/17007897/
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.11.2]

Postby Myconid32 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:14 pm

Update 0.11.2: Details in the changelog.

Unusually, this is a Debug Mode-only update. The intention is for testers to use it and try to find a desync bug, which I think I may have fixed. I have examined the Suspend code closely enough that I think I may be able to fix any such bugs in the future, should they arise.

More monsters coming soon!
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.11.2]

Postby xcer12 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:37 am

I been following this game for quite awhile now and i say it very addicting also i will be looking foward to this game future. BTW can i still make suggestion for the enemies because i got a suggestion for a mini-boss/predator

Edit : submission next page

and also one last thing. I wonder is it possible to add a struggle/pleasure function where you can struggle/pleasure from the inside of the vorer and it eventually let you out without killing it
Last edited by xcer12 on Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
xcer12
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game