VVN Ryanshow style 1.6.0 updated 2/20/16

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: VVN Ryanshow style 1.3.1 released 12/31/13 Bugfixed!

Postby Cribbey » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:10 pm

A couple questions

Spoiler: show
Is there only one Unbirth scene (Merril in the teachers lounge) in this game or are there more?

Is it possible to be permanently 'digested' by Merril when she unbirths you? (I mean if you have no re animators left will it be game over?)

Other than that, keep up the great work :-D
Cribbey
Participator

Postby SomeGuy1294 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:52 am

Qwerty1994 wrote:A couple questions

Is there only one Unbirth scene (Merril in the teachers lounge) in this game or are there more?

There is an unbirth scene with the lady in the park. When she flashes her tits at you, keep clicking 'Beg her to do it again' until lust hit 100. After a lengthy bout of oral sex and face-sitting, she will unbirth you and melt you into cum.
SomeGuy1294
???

Postby Shadowlyger » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:38 am

For your second question...

Yes, if you're a jerk to her. There's a few question she asks at some points, just be a jerk. If your score with her is low and you have no reanimators left, you die.
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby surfsound » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:50 am

Nice new update, but now i can't see seconds when i'm in the battle against Merril
surfsound
Been posting for a bit

Postby Cribbey » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:30 am

Shadowlyger wrote:For your second question...

Yes, if you're a jerk to her. There's a few question she asks at some points, just be a jerk. If your score with her is low and you have no reanimators left, you die.

She just lets me out when she realizes I have no re animators left, is there any specific options I need to choose in order to get the game over screen?

EDIT: Don't worry, I figured it out. :-D
Cribbey
Participator

Re: VVN Ryanshow style 1.3 released 12/28/13

Postby WoodenDuck » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:17 pm

ryanshowseason3 wrote:I usually copy and paste anyways when I make new areas so yourself and yourself2 weren't much of a bother to me but I like the idea of the stats being accessible like that.

Tried out your tech. I like it. It's going into the 1.3.1 version.

I pulled most references to yourself and yourself2

I kept one instance of yourself2 though for the merril encounter. I am unsure what the timers will do in that scenario. In all honesty they are already quite buggy there and sometimes fail.

You really dug into the thing though huh? Do you have extensive experience with renpy?

Anyways thanks for spotting the bugs and please let me know if you have any other nuggets of code gold, or see any other areas for improvement. In the future I might even wanna make that stats screen an overlay with a picture and text. So I can graphically show the modifications to your body. Especially if/when I add more of them. For now though I don't know what I'm doing with those kind of graphical additions, although I'd love to learn.

Thanks again for the stats screen tech though. I really like it.

Glad you liked it.

Yeah, I noticed that timer is kind of finicky, too. I was playing with it a few days ago and kept crashing RenPy.

If you want to display pictures on the Stats screen, you can use this code. I've made a few modifications to the layout to make room for a picture on the right.

Code: Select all
init:
    image statpic1 = "normal.png"
    image statpic2 = "lifting.png"
    $ usestatpic = 1

screen statscreen:
    tag stats

python:
        ui.frame(xpos=0, ypos=0, xanchor='left', yanchor='top', xfill=False)
        ui.vbox()

ui.text('{b}Abilities{/b}')
        ui.null(height=5)
        if add_enabled:
            ui.hbox()
            ui.text("Addition")
            ui.close()
        if sub_enabled:
            ui.hbox()
            ui.text("Subtraction")
            ui.close()
        if mult_enabled:
            ui.hbox()
            ui.text("Mutliplication")
            ui.close()
        if div_enabled:
            ui.hbox()
            ui.text("Division")
            ui.close()
        ui.close()

if chastised:
            ui.frame(xpos=.2, ypos=0, xanchor='left', yanchor='top', xfill=False)
            ui.text("I also have a chastity cock ring on.")
        if bitchtag:
            ui.frame(xpos=.2, ypos=0.062, xanchor='left', yanchor='top', xfill=False)
            ui.text("I also have a tag that reads 'D-specs\nbitch property of da D-specs' locked\non my ear. I can't seem to get it off")

ui.frame(xpos=0, ypos=.99, xanchor='left', yanchor='bottom', xfill=False)
        ui.window(xfill=False)
        ui.vbox()
        if win:
            ui.text("My strength is [stg]\nMy intelligence is [intel]\nMy charisma is [soc]\nMy speed is [spd]\nMy luck is [luk]\nOn a scale of 1-100...\n I feel [health]% healthy\nI feel [will]% confident in myself\nI'm [lust]% horny \nThe students respect me [studentrespect]%\nThe faculty respects me [facultyrespect]%\nI have [money] dollars\nI have [revives] reanimators\nAnd it is [hours]:[minutes] [ampm]")
        else:
            ui.text("My strength is [tmp_stg] \nMy intelligence is [tmp_intel] \nMy charisma is [tmp_soc] \nMy speed is [tmp_spd] \nMy luck is [luk] \nOn a scale of 1-100... \n I feel [health]% healthy \nI feel [will]% confident in myself \nI'm [lust]% horny \nThe students respect me [studentrespect]% \nThe faculty respects me [facultyrespect]% \nI have [money] dollars \nI have [revives] reanimators \nAnd it is [hours]:[minutes] [ampm]")
        ui.close()

ui.at(Position(xpos=0.98, ypos=0.99, xanchor="right", yanchor="bottom"))
        ui.add('statpic' + str(usestatpic))

frame:
        xalign .99
        yalign .0001

has vbox

textbutton _("Exit") action Return()

Just put that into Statsscreen.rpy instead of the code I gave you yesterday.

Define the images that you want to be able to display in the Stats screen in the init block at the top. I predefined two images for you, just so you can test out the functionality. I used Bryci (sick girl from Nurse's office) and Camille (the lifter), 'cause I like those two girls. :P When you implement this feature for real, you'll probably want to ensure that the images you use on the Statscreen are all the same size, since it will make it easier to fit into the layout. (You'll notice for instance that Bryci fits nicely, but Camille is too tall and overlaps with the text at the top of the screen if you have the chastity ring and bitchtag enabled).

For each image that you want to use, you have to give it a name like 'statpic1', 'statpic2', etc. (like I did).

Then, when you want to change the image that displays, use the python code '$ usestatpic = 2' somewhere in your script (just replace '2' with the number of the statpic you want to use).

Also, regarding the Merrill countdown timer not displaying, I guess I positioned the Stats button right on top of the countdown timer. Sorry about that.

This will move the timer down below the button:
show secondsdisplay at Position(xalign=.99, yalign=.06)

Just paste that over the current secondsdisplay code in MerrilEncounter.rpy and that should fix it right up. It's around line 423.

You also might want to make the Stats button smaller. I made it wide in the original code, since I was just copying a section of code over from my game, and I have a bunch of buttons up there, and I wanted them to all be the same width.

In the gamebuttons function from yesterday, that you placed in script.rpy, just change this line:
ui.textbutton("Stats", clicked=ShowMenu("statscreen"), xminimum=140)

If you only have one button, you don't need the xminimum property, so you can just set that line to:
ui.textbutton("Stats", clicked=ShowMenu("statscreen"))

And I actually don't have a lot of experience with RenPy. I first started working with it when I saw your game, really liked it, and was inspired to make a vore game of my own (which will never see the light of day). Though once I got into it, I ended up spending more time making cool features for the game than actually writing the script for the game itself. I made an inventory/shop system, where you can purchase items and use them in battle; video cutscenes of getting swallowed; a battle system, with skills like healing/magic; a level-up system, where you can gain exp after battle to improve your stats, or train various adventure skills that you acquire along the way; and I've implemented some functionality for a world map, that you can walk around like in an RPG (though this is tedious to work with, since I have to code the map one square at a time; no map editors in RenPy!).

But despite all that, I haven't spent much time on the script. LOL.
WoodenDuck
Somewhat familiar

Postby Shadowlyger » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:24 pm

and was inspired to make a vore game of my own (which will never see the light of day).

You monster. You can't just tell us you've made all this cool stuff for a game and then NOT release it. At some point.
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:45 pm

surfsound wrote:Nice new update, but now i can't see seconds when i'm in the battle against Merril

I threw a rar file with an update for that script on the front page of this thread as an attachment. It is just one file that needs updated so I'll pass on the 2 hour process of uploading to MEGA and 2shared
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:00 pm

WoodenDuck wrote:
Yeah, I noticed that timer is kind of finicky, too. I was playing with it a few days ago and kept crashing RenPy.

Yah without an actual debugger I am loathe to figure out what is going wrong with renpy there. I'm convinced there is something wrong with the framework. But I am also not about to post my 80mb fetish project to the forums asking for help debugging it. As it stands the bug only helps the player WIN so I'm not concerned heh. I'm probly already too harsh on the player anyways. I wonder if anyone has figured out the sub scene yet.

WoodenDuck wrote:If you want to display pictures on the Stats screen, you can use this code. I've made a few modifications to the layout to make room for a picture on the right.

Cool stuff. Its one of those I want to do it in the endgame to give it some polish but for now stick to basics. But this will really help me out later on. Thanks again.

WoodenDuck wrote:Also, regarding the Merrill countdown timer not displaying, I guess I positioned the Stats button right on top of the countdown timer. Sorry about that.

*I* should've realized and tested it myself. My fault on this one.

WoodenDuck wrote:And I actually don't have a lot of experience with RenPy. I first started working with it when I saw your game, really liked it, and was inspired to make a vore game of my own (which will never see the light of day). Though once I got into it, I ended up spending more time making cool features for the game than actually writing the script for the game itself. I made an inventory/shop system, where you can purchase items and use them in battle; video cutscenes of getting swallowed; a battle system, with skills like healing/magic; a level-up system, where you can gain exp after battle to improve your stats, or train various adventure skills that you acquire along the way; and I've implemented some functionality for a world map, that you can walk around like in an RPG (though this is tedious to work with, since I have to code the map one square at a time; no map editors in RenPy!).

But despite all that, I haven't spent much time on the script. LOL.

Wow sounds like quite the undertaking. In some senses it sounds like reinventing what rpgmaker has. But I secretly hate any and everything made in rpgmaker, renpy can really give a novice like me a chance to make something that looks halfway decent.

Video cutscenes though? *drool* where did you get videos? Would you be willing to post what you have as a reference material?

I'd love to say "I could help with the script" But I've got my hands full over here already, and vvn is kind of a first experiment project. I plan to make smaller satellite titles around it later, maybe even later on try and see if fetish material has a place on the android market.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:02 pm

nanakra wrote:
ryanshowseason3 wrote:1.3.1 is out.

Any chance on an Android version? :silly:

I made it... Don't ask me how to install it though. I put what files I think are necessary up at the usual places.

Good luck!
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby surfsound » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:08 pm

In my Galaxy s3 dont work :?
surfsound
Been posting for a bit

Postby nanakra » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:39 pm

ryanshowseason3 wrote:
nanakra wrote:
ryanshowseason3 wrote:1.3.1 is out.

Any chance on an Android version? :silly:

I made it... Don't ask me how to install it though. I put what files I think are necessary up at the usual places.

Good luck!

Just gave it a shot.
The apk installs fine.
Had to figure out where to put the obb file though.
Looks like it goes in /android/obb/Vore.Novel/
Once there, launching the game gives a loading screen and the it force closes. I've attached the error log and traceback file for you. Not really sure what the issue could be.
Attachments
log.txt
(370 Bytes) Downloaded 73 times
traceback.txt
(481 Bytes) Downloaded 64 times
Where to find me - My Link Tree | Discord: Nanakra#6922

On the development team for: Predator's Coliseum An RPG Maker vore game
nanakra
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:33 pm

nanakra wrote:
Just gave it a shot.
The apk installs fine.
Once there, launching the game gives a loading screen and the it force closes. I've attached the error log and traceback file for you. Not really sure what the issue could be.

The only line of code it gives for my script.rpy points to a line of code in a long list of lines that loads images.

I preload all images at the start of the program. Did you force close it yourself or did android do it automatically. I dare say it could take a while for the game to load up on a phone. Its going to load 80mb worth of images and music initially.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby nanakra » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:11 pm

ryanshowseason3 wrote:
nanakra wrote:
Just gave it a shot.
The apk installs fine.

The only line of code it gives for my script.rpy points to a line of code in a long list of lines that loads images.

I preload all images at the start of the program. Did you force close it yourself or did android do it automatically. I dare say it could take a while for the game to load up on a phone. Its going to load 80mb worth of images and music initially.

It closes on its own with no error.

nanakra
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Number-2 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:14 pm

Nice update, like the new scenarios. Thanks!
Number-2
Somewhat familiar

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:32 am

renpytom wrote:For testing purposes, put the obb in the root of the SD card (/mnt/sdcard).

Android places obbs in weird locations on multi-user systems. The /mnt/sdcard location lets Ren'Py ignore that and just load the obb for testing purposes. (If you want more realistic testing, you have to go through the play store.)

This is the only advice I got from the renpy forums...

The more sure fire way to go would probably be to use the renpy software to directly install to your device, but if you don't have a computer you can't really do that. Which is the reason why you'd be wanting the android version in the first place...

I'm at a dead end here.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby nanakra » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:17 pm

ryanshowseason3 wrote:
renpytom wrote:For testing purposes, put the obb in the root of the SD card (/mnt/sdcard).

Android places obbs in weird locations on multi-user systems. The /mnt/sdcard location lets Ren'Py ignore that and just load the obb for testing purposes. (If you want more realistic testing, you have to go through the play store.)

This is the only advice I got from the renpy forums...

The more sure fire way to go would probably be to use the renpy software to directly install to your device, but if you don't have a computer you can't really do that. Which is the reason why you'd be wanting the android version in the first place...

I'm at a dead end here.

Tried it and got the same results. No change to the error logs. It was worth a shot though. Thanks for trying.

nanakra
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Fania » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:44 am

I think I found a bug in the Subway sequence.

I'm going to throw out an example behind spoiler tags that hopefully works.

if flatbread >= 1:
            $ flatbread = 0
         if flatbread == 0:
            $ flatbread = 4

I think the second should be elif; otherwise if you're correct, it will set the var to 0, then check that it's 0 (it is) and set it to the fail value. Same issue persists throughout the ordering system.
Fania
Been posting for a bit

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:59 pm

Fania wrote:I think I found a bug in the Subway sequence.

I'm going to throw out an example behind spoiler tags that hopefully works.

if flatbread >= 1:
            $ flatbread = 0
         if flatbread == 0:
            $ flatbread = 4

I think the second should be elif; otherwise if you're correct, it will set the var to 0, then check that it's 0 (it is) and set it to the fail value. Same issue persists throughout the ordering system.

I'm not sure how this didn't get caught until now... During testing I managed to go through all the routes in this scenario, but yeah what you pointed out makes sense...
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby Shadowlyger » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:30 pm

That explains why I can never get anything but "okay" or "failure" even when I'm directly looking at the game files for what line matches what topping.
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game