What about a Vore MUD?

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

What about a Vore MUD?

Postby Riot » Sat May 11, 2013 10:23 pm

I am sure this isn't the first time someone has suggested this..

However, I couldn't find anything in the game forums for this..

A MUD is a pretty simple concept. I can't imagine that if someone had the know how they could make a pretty decent vore based MUD.

A concept I have is..

Insert plot with levels and experience and classes...

There would be two main roles, preds and preys..

If you play prey you have a specific story line that you can follow ie. its set up relatively similar to a normal mud..

The pred one is similar experience except no experience is gained from killing normal monsters. Experience can only be gained from eating prey. The higher the prey lvl the higher the exp..

This is a pretty basic concept, and I am sure more fleshing out could be done... Has anyone looked into what goes into making a MUD?
Riot
Been posting for a bit

Re: What about a Vore MUD?

Postby Aickavon12 » Sat May 11, 2013 10:26 pm

I might speak for many people here but... what is a MUD?
This song is dedicated to Eka.

Never gonna give you up! Never Gonna let you down! Never gonna run around, desert you!
Aickavon12
???

Postby Akram » Sat May 11, 2013 10:53 pm

Aickavon12 wrote:I might speak for many people here but... what is a MUD?

Basically a multiplayer text only game.

You're standing in a large room with walls covered in old bookshelves. There are two large doors, one to the east, and one to the north.
Akram the pig is standing here

>>> Eat Akram
>>> Move North
>>> Move East

Something along those lines.
Akram
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby tod3690 » Sat May 11, 2013 11:01 pm

O I see so like the old adventure games.
tod3690
---

Postby Aickavon12 » Sat May 11, 2013 11:04 pm

Akram wrote:
Aickavon12 wrote:I might speak for many people here but... what is a MUD?

Basically a multiplayer text only game.

You're standing in a large room with walls covered in old bookshelves. There are two large doors, one to the east, and one to the north.
Akram the pig is standing here

>>> Eat Akram
>>> Move North
>>> Move East

Something along those lines.

oh those are fun
This song is dedicated to Eka.

Never gonna give you up! Never Gonna let you down! Never gonna run around, desert you!
Aickavon12
???

Postby Saftkeur » Sat May 11, 2013 11:48 pm

Perhaps a visual novel engine such as Ren'Py would work nicely for something such as this; if someone wanted to make a text-only sort of thing, I'm sure it could be done in here without to much trouble. (might take a bit of fiddling to get it working right, but the engine isn't very hard to use; it's not quite as simple as "type it and go", however.)
http://www.renpy.org/
And of course, a vore-themed visual novel is also always an option! It would take a fair amount of images, but depending on the complexity of the project, it doesn't need to be a giant project.

edit: Whoops! Didn't read the whole description of a MUD, Ren'Py probably won't work well for a multiplayer system, just single-player. Though if you're a coding badass, you might be able to make it work.
Last edited by Saftkeur on Sun May 12, 2013 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fantasy/Fetish artist, specializing in 3D vore, macro/micro, and tongue fetishes.
Gallery - Patreon
Saftkeur
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby hax » Sun May 12, 2013 3:31 am

Perhaps a semi-graphical MUD modeled after a rougelike could work? Also, how about an option to gain benefits FOR getting eaten as a prey instead of avoiding it? Not that this would be the default state for all prey, but it could be a class or possible build. I don't know how one goes about coding a MUD or how the server/multiplayer aspect would work, but I could contribute some interesting ideas for rpg game mechanics or character options.
hax
Somewhat familiar

Postby Riot » Sun May 12, 2013 10:38 am

Consider Alter Aeon. This is a MUD I have played recently. In many ways it could be just like Eka's RP Chat but with a more interactive environment.

www.alteraeon.com
Riot
Been posting for a bit

Postby MariAquaria » Tue May 12, 2015 7:52 am

Seriously late here' but... There's one called Voregotten Realm.
MariAquaria
Somewhat familiar

Postby Morkeleb » Fri May 22, 2015 7:20 am

That's a MUCK, not a MUD. There is a difference.
Morkeleb
Somewhat familiar

Postby DigiThing » Fri May 22, 2015 9:13 pm

Morkeleb wrote:That's a MUCK, not a MUD. There is a difference.

yes, Voregotten Realm is a MUCK but it may be something the OP might look into if feel its what they where looking for.
(or just something to fill the gap)
Remember to always have fun in whatever you do :3

DigiThing
DigiThing
Somewhat familiar

Postby Morkeleb » Wed May 27, 2015 9:52 am

I made several vore bots on there that eat you if you look at them XD
Morkeleb
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Wed May 27, 2015 11:33 am

Morkeleb wrote:I made several vore bots on there that eat you if you look at them XD
I've pretty much searched for every vore bot on the realm. Would you mind naming a few specifics? :P
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby hyenaofleisure » Fri May 29, 2015 12:16 am

I'm actually a little confused on how to install/start up realms. Would someone mind helping a MUCK newbie out?
hyenaofleisure
Been posting for a bit

Postby Orosaki » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:30 pm

Dragonvorelover135 wrote:
Morkeleb wrote:I made several vore bots on there that eat you if you look at them XD
I've pretty much searched for every vore bot on the realm. Would you mind naming a few specifics? :P

The heck is a vore bot?
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
And if anyone asks I'm clearly the devil.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:48 pm

a bot is a scripted npc that responds to certain stimuli like trigger words in certain fashions according to its script. A vore bot is one that takes you through a onesided vore smut scene in response to certain trigger words.
darkevilme
---

Postby Fevix » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:19 pm

Not a MUD, but a MUCK (Or so I'm told) is vore.got-game.org which is also their homepage with links to download various MUCK clients. I'm not 100% sure the difference betweeen MUDs and MUCKs, though.

Voregotten Realm (The above linked thing) is absolutely massive. It's definitely something you can pick up and just 'play' on occasion (Think of it like a fancy chat system when you can move to different literal rooms to chat/rp with others), but if you start getting into it by GOD you can do so much, what with zombies (Which are basically extra players you can control, they can do (almost) anything a player can, including set up their own bellyrooms (WHich are VR's way of doing vore)) and vehicles and MPI scripts and holy crap don't get me started.

it's 100% free, too. Ingame currency is earned by simply moving from room to room (It seems each move has a chance to give you an emerald) and the emeralds are used to build stuff (It's 100% freeform, no building blocks or anything, you can literally make (almost) anything you want.)

It's incredibly simple to play as prey, but playing as a predator requires a bit of setting up. Send me a PM (Or message me ingame: Fevix/Jikal/Manon) if you'd like some help getting set up as a pred. (It's not terribly hard, either, but it can be a bit confusing at first. It was for me.)
Fevix
Somewhat familiar

Postby Midir » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:23 pm

I am not sure if there is any real difference between MUD and MUCK really?
Midir
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:27 pm

MUCK's have RPG elements built in. MUD doesn't. Or is it the other way around?
darkevilme
---

Postby nanakra » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:35 pm

MUCK's have RPG elements built in. MUD doesn't. Or is it the other way around?

From the almighty wikipedia:

A MUD; originally Multi-User Dungeon, with later variants Multi-User Dimension and Multi-User Domain, is a multiplayer real-time virtual
world, usually text-based. MUDs combine elements of role-playing games, hack and slash, player versus player, interactive fiction, and online chat.

TinyMUCK or, more broadly, a MUCK, is a type of user-extendable online text-based role-playing game, designed for role playing and social interaction. Backronyms like "Multi-User Chat/Created/Computer/Character/Carnal Kingdom" and "Multi-User Construction Kit" are sometimes cited, but are not the actual origin of the term; "muck" is simply a play on the term MUD.

Confused? Yeah they really are the same thing. The difference is that MUDs tend to be more game oriented while MUCKs tend to lean more towards social chat actives.
Where to find me - My Link Tree | Discord: Nanakra#6922

On the development team for: Predator's Coliseum An RPG Maker vore game
nanakra
Intermediate Vorarephile

Next

Return to Vore game