cvt2+ make a deck comp 20/06/14

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

what would people most like the next update to be (listed in order of how long it’s likely to take)

add more random cards
30%
add a new clan/tribe/whatever
32%
add another new mechanic (willpower/seduction?)
31%
forget this start a new project
7%

Total votes : 136

Re: cvt2+

Postby christhereaper » Fri May 17, 2013 8:01 am

Masuo15 wrote:Once I choose a Started deck, then click "take turn", then "Done(leave store)", "Take Turn" and then it changes into "End Game" button.
And as soon as I press it it say:
"Error in Quick Star" I click and said
"Run-time error '13':
Type mismatch"

And then the game closes...and I can't even load my game becuaseI get the same error every time I try to load my profile or even if I make a new save file, I cna't just buy a deck and leave the store...

I have the same problem, any help from you guys?
christhereaper
Been posting for a bit

Postby ndk » Fri May 17, 2013 2:28 pm

hmm, I've just checked rebuilding the whole game by adding my uploaded files to the original so nothings gone wrong there.
If its just your store that's somehow malfunctioned then you can "cheat" your way around it as explained below, don't hold to much hope though I suspect its something more fundamental like the scripting not being friends with your operating system.

making a notepad file with the name "cartovore 2_(your player name)" in the main folder then copying the cards from any set or enemy deck into it replacing the initial info (eg. anything before a string of ****** followed by a card name then a list of traits) with
"#PLAYERDECK

#WONMISSIONS,
#ENDWONMISSIONS

#TOKENS, 0

#LASTMODIFIED, #17/05/2013 20:13:21#"
ndk
Somewhat familiar

Postby Skeiron » Fri May 17, 2013 2:57 pm

Turbotowns wrote:
Skeiron wrote:Thank you for sticking with this for so long! Cartovore is still one of my favourite vore games and I played it for many hours (I cheated to kill the dual katana boss though... the other bosses are doable :) ).
I am greatly looking forward to play this update! I suppose previous save files are incompatible?

Query... How did you cheat?!?

Well I just...

Spoiler: show
forgot how I did it... it was a while ago ^^; there was something about the text files which contains your saves. You can change the values of the cards you own (including the HP values etc) so you can buff your player character to unkillable numbers, but I don't think that is how I cheated it. I think I just added Fallen_Enemy.txt to the #WONMISSIONS line in the player profile and cheated the game into thinking I beat the boss that way. There were 2 more bosses after that if I remember correctly (the final boss is hard too but doable without cheats)

On topic: Just downloaded the mod, I can't wait to give it a go :)
"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"Remember that life is better than it seems"
Skeiron
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Skeiron » Sun May 19, 2013 2:38 pm

I'm playing it right now, so far it seems like you did a very good job on fixing almost all bugs :)
You already mentioned the spelling so I won't bother you too much with that.

There are a few things that are still odd though:
Buying a 'Training' card costs only 1 token, but if you sell them you get 2 or more tokens back. I would recommend making it cost 5 or so.
Test Clone 5NNc is listed as being part of Whitethrought clan instead of Whitethroat clan, this results in the clan symbol missing.
The following cards that I found have no image: Chestmeat, Nadia Janson, Seran Lighthead.
I forgot exactly which one, but one of the more expensive Gurglemeister cards still prevents resource generation the next turn instead of costing it this turn (Jenica Gurglemeister or Sasyka Gurglemeiser if I remember correctly)
The defender mechanic seems a bit overpowered now, but that may be just me :p

All in all, I am enjoying myself. The "new name if a copy is in play" must have been a pain in the ass to code :P good job on that.
I will keep playing to see if anything more comes up.
"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

Skeiron
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ndk » Sun May 19, 2013 6:55 pm

@Skeiron. Thanks there all very good points. Mostly things I had though I'd fixed but I must have reverted to a back up at some point after.
I agree that Defender has gained to much power but every toned down version I tried seemed not to function at all, unfortunately it seems code wise its all or nothing. I would like to build in somesort of downside to it but haven't yet though of any I could implement that make sense in all situation, anyone got any ideas?
ndk
Somewhat familiar

Postby xega888 » Sun May 19, 2013 10:35 pm

only thing i could think of is raise the cost on defender cards
xega888
???

Postby Critchett » Mon May 20, 2013 6:14 am

Commendable work here! Having been a fan of the cartovore setup, I've got to say that after playing my first game with your added work here it was MUCH more functional. And your breast expansion addition brings extra levels of sexy fun. I'm sincerely keen on seeing anything further you bring forth. Stamp of approval!
Critchett
Somewhat familiar

Postby Crid » Mon May 20, 2013 6:40 am

Masuo15 wrote:
Once I choose a Started deck, then click "take turn", then "Done(leave store)", "Take Turn" and then it changes into "End Game" button.
"Run-time error '13':
Type mismatch"

And then the game closes...and I can't even load my game becuaseI get the same error every time I try to load my profile or even if I make a new save file, I cna't just buy a deck and leave the store...

I have the same problem. Any help?
Crid
New to the forum

Postby D1tsur » Fri May 24, 2013 8:10 am

Hello!

I felt like I had to sign in here to share a little discovery I made with the "Run-time error 13". I've had the same issue and I went ahead and examined the .plr file.

I found that mine read: #LASTMODIFIED, #24.5.2013 15:52:05#
instead of : #LASTMODIFIED, #24/5/2013 15:52:05#
like ndk suggested above that it should read.

I changed it manually and sure enough, the game worked... right until it saved the profile, replaced the '/' symbols with '.' and the error returned.
It seems that Visual Basic 6 can use either '/' or '.' when displaying the date depending on your system preferences but the game will only accept '/'.

I have no idea how I might go around fixing it but hopefully me pointing this out can enable someone more knowledgeable to come up with a solution. I don't even
understand why the game wants to timestamp every time a change is made.
D1tsur
New to the forum

Postby christhereaper » Fri May 24, 2013 12:35 pm

D1tsur wrote:Hello!

I felt like I had to sign in here to share a little discovery I made with the "Run-time error 13". I've had the same issue and I went ahead and examined the .plr file.

I found that mine read: #LASTMODIFIED, #24.5.2013 15:52:05#
instead of : #LASTMODIFIED, #24/5/2013 15:52:05#
like ndk suggested above that it should read.

I changed it manually and sure enough, the game worked... right until it saved the profile, replaced the '/' symbols with '.' and the error returned.
It seems that Visual Basic 6 can use either '/' or '.' when displaying the date depending on your system preferences but the game will only accept '/'.

I have no idea how I might go around fixing it but hopefully me pointing this out can enable someone more knowledgeable to come up with a solution. I don't even
understand why the game wants to timestamp every time a change is made.

Yup, works until you try to start a game (because before starting a game it rewrites the #LASTMODIFIED part of the .plr file)
christhereaper
Been posting for a bit

Postby cade2007 » Fri May 24, 2013 10:43 pm

if you have cheatengine an easy way to cheat is to open the cartomancer process like you would for other games then do a first scan for how many tokens you have with "Exact Value" as the scan type, then sell a card in the deck manager then do a next scan with the new token value at which point you can add the address list and change the token value there and give yourself as many tokens as you want

the address for mine was 0067D958 if that helps.
cade2007
New to the forum

Postby Skeiron » Sat May 25, 2013 3:32 pm

A bug I have found with selling/buying cards... not sure if it was in the original (nonmodded) version as well but sometimes your last few cards will be deleted. Like for example, I had 3 copies of Xekekta, a few Zimpa's and a Zo, but after selling some other cards (not these) they disappeared. I can replicate the bug but I do not know what exactly causes it.

Edit: just happened again. It happens when selling some cards. I have no idea which cards trigger it.

Skeiron
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby D1tsur » Sun May 26, 2013 1:34 pm

Crid wrote:Masuo15 wrote:
Once I choose a Started deck, then click "take turn", then "Done(leave store)", "Take Turn" and then it changes into "End Game" button.
"Run-time error '13':
Type mismatch"

Found a workaround for this problem.

I already posted that this error comes from incompatible format of your operating system's clock. The game just yanks the date and time from your computer but it assumes the date to be displayed as:
"dd/mm/yyyy"
Many systems use other formats though and that causes Cartovore to crash. ("dd.mm.yyyy" on my system for example)

You can change the way Windows displays the date and time in the Control Panel. Just change the "short date" to be displayed as on the bolded text above. That'll get rid of the Run-time error 13.
I tend to switch the date back to what it was as soon as I'm done playing though.
D1tsur
New to the forum

Postby christhereaper » Sun May 26, 2013 3:18 pm

D1tsur wrote:
"Run-time error '13':
Type mismatch"

I already posted that this error comes from incompatible format of your operating system's clock. The game just yanks the date and time from your computer but it assumes the date to be displayed as:
"dd/mm/yyyy"
Many systems use other formats though and that causes Cartovore to crash. ("dd.mm.yyyy" on my system for example)

You can change the way Windows displays the date and time in the Control Panel. Just change the "short date" to be displayed as on the bolded text above. That'll get rid of the Run-time error 13.
I tend to switch the date back to what it was as soon as I'm done playing though.

Thank you so much!
christhereaper
Been posting for a bit

Postby Demicus » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:03 pm

Thanks so much for bringing this back to light, I never knew it existed!

Been having waaaaaay too much fun with it, even making my own cards to throw into the mix.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks. ^_^
Demicus
Somewhat familiar

Postby Vizix » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:21 pm

You should upload your cards, I'm sure most would love to see them.
Vizix
Participator

Postby Demicus » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:37 pm

Hmm. I might do that. Added in a few characters from other media that I like, like Mao from Shining Tears, and Ahri from League of Legends.
Demicus
Somewhat familiar

Postby Masuo15 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:02 am

D1tsur wrote:
"Run-time error '13':
Type mismatch"

"dd/mm/yyyy"

I think it sno use for me then, Im mexican and my clcok is set on "dd/mm/aaaa" wich is pretty much the same for what you say on bold, 2 for days, 2 for months and 4 for years.
But since the letters for my short date will not match the ones for an english verison, I guess I cant play this game on my computer... thx for the advice anyway if this helps someone.
Masuo15
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aleph-Null » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:44 am

Have you tried changing the date to a date that would be valid if the day and month were reversed? for example, 06/06/2013 should work.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Masuo15 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:18 pm

Yes, "Run Time Error 13" keeps appearing.
The only thing I didn't, is to change its region's format (pretty much what I have to for japanesse changes, to change it from Mexico to Japan).
Masuo15
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game