Vorelike (formerly VDOS)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Vorelike (formerly VDOS)

Postby Psychfennec » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:54 pm

May 9th, 2019 (!):

I'm kinda-sorta back! After seeing all the awesome work by other members of the community, I'm going to try and work on more updates for this game. I can't promise anything, but I'm going to do what I can. Thank you all for working to create a better game for everyone to enjoy.

This is an open-source project and will remain so. You are free to create forks (new versions) and/or patches and modifications of this game and use them for whatever purpose you desire.

----------------------------------------

Welcome to Vorelike! (formerly VDOS). This is an open-source, community-moddable Roguelike written in Javascript / HTML5 and designed to work on modern web browsers. This project was designed from the beginning to easily support modifications, or mods, and allow for anyone to create new monsters, items, or vore types using simple text files.

The file download contains documentation that details how to create your own content. Further, it is possible for programmers to look at the code and improve upon it, if they so wish. While I am currently the only maintainer on this project, anyone is welcome (and encouraged!) to add or submit content to create a better game so that everyone can enjoy it.

Current included vore types:
Absorption vore (Slime)
Oral Vore (Wolf)
Unbirth / insertion (Succubus)
Many different vore types from OVRL monster files.

Here is the rundown of features:
Spoiler: show
* Interface is by default ASCII based, though support for graphics is implemented (I'm just not a graphic artist).
* Monsters are of different types: prey, predator, and apex predator. Prey types will flee from predators and apex predators, while predators will flee from apex predators.
* Not all monsters can eat the player - some, like rats, simply can not manage it.
* The player, currently, is prey-only, though there are plans to implement vore moves for the player in the future.
* There is a rudimentary inventory system in place, though only potions inhabit the dungeon right now, though future versions will undoubtedly include more items and even weapons.
* Moving between floors of the dungeon is easy, find some stairs and use the activate button (spacebar) to select it (though currently the stairs act more like random portals to dungeon floors).
* Note that there is sound - swallowing, digestion sounds, etc. These can be turned off at any time by using the M key.

Controls:
* WASD moves your character around the dungeon.
* R key will "rub" or pleasure a creature that has swallowed you.
* Spacebar selects items on the floor or activates stairs.
* V key will open the player's inventory.
* W and S move the select bar within the inventory.
* Enter key selects options within the inventory.
* Spacebar moves dialog forward (may need to press twice).
* Page Up / Page Down keys will zoom in or out on the player.
* T key switches between ASCII mode and graphics mode.
* B key switches the shadow system on/off.
* F key skips your turn.
* Walking into an enemy will attack them.
* Walking into a friendly will allow you to speak with them or "switch places" within the dungeon.

Current known (and found) bugs:
* You may need to click on the Gender Select choicebox to use it.

Running the game:
* Unzip the contents to a folder on your hard drive.
* Open the index.html file in your favorite browser (I test extensively on Firefox).
* Play.

If you use Chrome, you will need to follow a different procedure:
* Unzip the contents to a folder on your hard drive.
* Open the index.html file in Chrome.
* Drag and drop all the files that have a .TXT extension (including the DefaultItems.txt) from the "mods" and "textures" folder onto the messagebox, the game should tell you that they are loaded (see why Chrome is a pain here?)
* Play.
-- OR --
Run Chrome with the --allow-file-access-from-files command-line flag.

Modding:
As mentioned above, I designed this game with the express intent of making it easy for people to add new monsters, new items and other things to the game. While I feel that simply looking through the game's files will provide a good starting point for creating mods, I will endeavor to create a tutorial / documentation on how to add a new creature to the game and I will be working to making the creation and use of mods even easier in future releases.

Credit:
The sounds used within this game came from files hosted on Eka's Portal, and are not my creation.
The textures used within the game come from OpenGameArt.org. Specific texture credits can be found in the Credits.rtf file.

Current version: 0.96, alpha state (bugs are definitely present and features are not yet complete).

Recent changelog:
Added KeyAssignment code.
Added peer.min.js.
Coded KeyAssignment into Utilities.js code.
Began work on a Save Game function.
Added third-party code license info to Credits file.
Began work on UIInterface.
Made changes to UI.js.
Fixed player placement bug.

Download from:
BitBucket GIT: https://bitbucket.org/RogueLikeFox/vorelike/overview
Last edited by Psychfennec on Thu May 09, 2019 3:07 pm, edited 75 times in total.
Psychfennec
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vorelike

Postby Psychfennec » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:05 pm

Game Mods!

viewtopic.php?f=79&t=35593&start=260#p2019750 - Giant Boy, Male Pred, implied underage, contains Oral, Anal, and Cock Vore.
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=35593&start=280#p2022745 - Raichu, Female Predator, non-human, contains Oral and Anal Vore as well as Unbirth.
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=35593&start=300#p2028512 - Updates for the Succubus and Cowgirl (Anal, Unbirth).
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=35593&start=320#p2039579 - Giantess, Female Predator, Anal, Unbirth
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=35593&start=320#p2043979 - Beegirl, Female Predator, Sex, Oral Vore
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=35593&start=320#p2053555 - New Succubus as well as a reroute patch.
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=35593&start=320#p2056005 - OVRL recode for Vorelike (Balor, Cambion, Centaur, Deertaur), Oral Vore, Scat
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=35593&start=320#p2056340 - OVRL recode for Vorelike (Knight)
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=35593&start=320#p2056383 - OVRL recode for Vorelike (Fey)
Last edited by Psychfennec on Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Psychfennec
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vore Dungeon Open Source (VDOS)

Postby BrickOnAString » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:23 pm

I'm not exactly great with these type of files, how exactly do I run this? I run the .html file and it brings me to a sort of menu. It describes the walls, but there is nothing where the ASCII should be, or the menu. Just white.
BrickOnAString
Been posting for a bit

Postby Psychfennec » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:26 pm

Hm. Did you unzip the file or try to open the HTML file from within the zip file? You will want to unzip everything to a folder on your hard drive before opening up the HTML file.
Psychfennec
Somewhat familiar

Postby BrickOnAString » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:28 pm

Yes, I did. I put it onto a file and it's still giving me that white everything. Am I supposed to open it with a certain program? Currently I'm opening it with Chrome
BrickOnAString
Been posting for a bit

Postby Psychfennec » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:38 pm

Seems to be an issue with Chrome and cross-origin site request issues. I'll look into fixing it. :)
Psychfennec
Somewhat familiar

Postby BrickOnAString » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:41 pm

Thanks. Game looks interesting, especially with the mod support.
What types of vore are currently in the game?
BrickOnAString
Been posting for a bit

Postby Psychfennec » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:45 pm

Currently there is just oral vore right now, and the Succubus just drains you through sexual / magic means. I'll be putting in a means to leave out certain types of vore / stuff via flags in future releases.
Psychfennec
Somewhat familiar

Postby BrickOnAString » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:53 pm

Well, I'm looking forward to trying it when it's fixed. What content to you plan to eventually add? Do you have a limit where modders will have to take over?
BrickOnAString
Been posting for a bit

Postby Psychfennec » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:58 pm

The game works fine in Firefox right now, Chrome is just being silly. It also works just fine in Chrome for Android, which makes even less sense.

Anyway, I'm looking to add lots of content, but when it all gets completed depends entirely on my work schedule. I have no set limit for myself when modders would take over, they are welcome to contribute whenever they please.
Psychfennec
Somewhat familiar

Postby Monopolus » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:06 pm

I'm hoping the browser issue is fixed; this game sounds really nice but nothing seems to be happening on Chrome or IE for me. (Yes I tried using the dreaded IE yadda yadda yadda)
Monopolus
???

Postby Psychfennec » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:21 pm

It's due to Chrome's more restrictive policies for cross-site domains. There is a way to disable it on Chrome, but I'm not about to have people disable a security setting just to run the game (argument of --disable-web-security).

I'm writing up a little dirty workaround so that Chrome users can get the game running. Should be up shortly.
Psychfennec
Somewhat familiar

Postby komaru » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:32 pm

looks promising, I love these vore roguelikes :3

is there currently any way to add a "finale" quote for each monster other than the basic "You have died." script? Just curious, I'm think of writing up a monster or 2, and would like to add that to it XP
komaru
???

Postby BrickOnAString » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:49 pm

Psychfennec wrote:The game works fine in Firefox right now, Chrome is just being silly. It also works just fine in Chrome for Android, which makes even less sense.

Anyway, I'm looking to add lots of content, but when it all gets completed depends entirely on my work schedule. I have no set limit for myself when modders would take over, they are welcome to contribute whenever they please.

The limit I was wondering was more of a content limit. Is there any specific content you don't plan on doing, like M/M, cock vore, more of the niche sections of vore, or are you open to anything when it comes to your content creation.
BrickOnAString
Been posting for a bit

Postby Psychfennec » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:54 pm

Version 0.91 released, provides a workaround for the Chrome issue. You will need to drag and drop all the files in the "mods" folder onto the opening menu, and it will tell you that they are loaded. Then proceed as normal. It's a lousy workaround, but it works for now.

@komaru: No way yet to add a finale quote, though it will take just one extra line in the code to fix that oversight. :)

@BrickOnAString: Oh, I have no real content limits in terms of my own writing - I may not like certain types of vore, but I can write them if people want. And of course anyone is free to write up their own creatures and such. If there is a type of vore I don't feel I'll do justice to, for whatever reason, I'll let people know.
Psychfennec
Somewhat familiar

Postby UnforsakenFantasy » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:02 am

I have got to play this =b
UnforsakenFantasy
Participator

Postby Sarethas » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:02 am

Played it, tested a few things, found a couple of issues. First off, I can keep using potions to increase my health past it's maximum. I stopped when I hit 150/102, in part because I realized the number of potions I had wasn't going down at all. Is it supposed to do that? If potions are finite that's one thing, but if one potion never empties, I'd be a bit leery about the number of them per floor.

Secondly, I got a female wolf on my side, tapped a move key, and was out. I went back in and gave her some rubs again because she was my first follower, again, movement key, get out, no problems. Later in the game, I had a female and male wolf follower. I asked the male wolf to eat me, and he wouldn't let me out. I had to close the game. Not sure why that happened.

And a third problem that was solved by resetting was a chase error. Usually it's a number in the ninties, a comma, and a number in the thirties. So it'd read like 'Error in Chase:93, 36' or something like that. It did it once on each floor, forcing a reset, but it was resolved when I went back in, so I don't know if it's a clash between two numbers that were wrong or if it was something else. I'm not certain.

As a functional question, are there supposed to be open-ended passageways that lead to emptiness?
If you bring the drama, I'll bring my squeaky rubber hammer and flail you into submission.
Sarethas
Somewhat familiar

Postby Psychfennec » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:10 am

Sarethas wrote:Played it, tested a few things, found a couple of issues. First off, I can keep using potions to increase my health past it's maximum. I stopped when I hit 150/102, in part because I realized the number of potions I had wasn't going down at all. Is it supposed to do that? If potions are finite that's one thing, but if one potion never empties, I'd be a bit leery about the number of them per floor.
Hmm. Potions should obviously disappear after you use them. I noticed the issue of potions allowing past maximum, but I didn't fix it, thinking it was an interesting "overload" mechanic, though it may be rife for abuse. I didn't give too much thought to game mechanics - I was just happy to get the inventory system somewhat functional.

Sarethas wrote:Secondly, I got a female wolf on my side, tapped a move key, and was out. I went back in and gave her some rubs again because she was my first follower, again, movement key, get out, no problems. Later in the game, I had a female and male wolf follower. I asked the male wolf to eat me, and he wouldn't let me out. I had to close the game. Not sure why that happened.
Odd. The key to get out of friendly stomachs is the spacebar (as it says in the opening menu). I'll look into why the wolf let you out by simply using the move keys. Edit: I just tested this and couldn't reproduce the bug. I bashed the move keys a few dozen times, then the rub key, and the male wolf didn't let me out.

Sarethas wrote:And a third problem that was solved by resetting was a chase error. Usually it's a number in the ninties, a comma, and a number in the thirties. So it'd read like 'Error in Chase:93, 36' or something like that. It did it once on each floor, forcing a reset, but it was resolved when I went back in, so I don't know if it's a clash between two numbers that were wrong or if it was something else. I'm not certain.
This is an issue resulting from the A* pathfinding I put into the game. I'm still working on troubleshooting it (thus the Error alert message). I'm not sure why it pops up yet, but I'll fix it as soon as I figure it out.

Sarethas wrote:As a functional question, are there supposed to be open-ended passageways that lead to emptiness?
Technically, no. It's a result of a bug that I haven't yet tracked down. There should be a room at the end of those tunnels, but none is created.
Psychfennec
Somewhat familiar

Postby BrickOnAString » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:06 am

Well, I attempted to 'mod' the game so-to-speak. I edited some of the male Wolf text to make it an enemy that cock vores instead of oral vores. It's really choppy, though. Still plays the sounds, the file still says it's oral vore, stuff like that. A lot more accessible than other moddable games I've seen here, though. I'd love for even easier ways for people like me who don't know about this much to edit/create new enemies.
BrickOnAString
Been posting for a bit

Postby Psychfennec » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:11 am

BrickOnAString wrote:Well, I attempted to 'mod' the game so-to-speak. I edited some of the male Wolf text to make it an enemy that cock vores instead of oral vores. It's really choppy, though. Still plays the sounds, the file still says it's oral vore, stuff like that. A lot more accessible than other moddable games I've seen here, though. I'd love for even easier ways for people like me who don't know about this much to edit/create new enemies.
Thank you for giving it a shot, BrickOnAString. I'm going to write up a step-by-step tutorial on how to add new creatures and new vore types soon. :)

Also, just released 0.92.

* Fixes the potions inventory bug, and also stops potions from giving you more than your total health.
* Fixes (some) of the AI pathfinding bugs.
* "finishtext" added to both attacks and swallow moves. It will be displayed when the player is defeated.
Psychfennec
Somewhat familiar

Next

Return to Vore game