Vorelike (formerly VDOS)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vorelike (formerly VDOS)

Postby Psychfennec » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:47 pm

Seifens wrote:So, I've been tinkering with the code for a bit, mostly working on engine stuff. I've had fair success with things like general performance improvements, connected map tile textures a-la rpgmaker, and a more sophisticated roguelike line-of-sight scheme for lighting/awareness. I'd like to also see what I can do with the dungeon generation algorithm. Comments in the code suggest it's been a bit prone to generating islands.
The dungeon generation algorithm has been fixed (as far as I can see) by using the AI pathfinding algorithm to "walk" paths from one room to another. Though you are of course welcome to make improvements to it. I'm not quite sure what you mean by RPGMaker-style tile textures, though. The lighting system has been something I've been meaning to tweak for a while, though initially I was just happy I could make it work. I would like to chat with you a bit about the improvements you have made - please send me a PM when you have the chance. :)

Seifens wrote:Mostly this is because I'm a programmer by trade, and not very good with content. And quite frankly stuff like this is fun for me. My question is whether anyone would be interested in changes like this, and/or what the best way to present them would be. My biggest concern would be stepping on Psychfennec's toes, as it's his project and he might have specific plans around some of this stuff (and even if he had the same plans I wouldn't want to cheat him out of the fun of implementing them). Also there would likely be continuing compatibility issues with the base engine, since changes like this do involve touching a lot of engine code. Any future versions could very well break them, and I can't necessarily promise timely updates as new versions come out.
Please, don't worry about stepping on my toes or anything like that. While I certainly admit it can be hard to "let go" of something that you've spent lots of hours on, I started this project as both something to give back to the community and as a learning tool for myself. I'm certainly not a professional programmer, simply a hobbyist that's been coding for a long time. I definitely don't want this project to disappear if I'm unable to work on it anymore in the future, so I greatly appreciate any and all help that people can give me.
Psychfennec
Somewhat familiar

Postby Zeldazackman » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:53 pm

Alright rewired, I just got back from a mini-vacation and so I took a crack at it.

I got it to work in my testings and re-testings properly and I also updated its texture points so that it can always run without the need for the .png images.

If there is anything that is buggy with it let me know :3
Attachments
ATGiantessv2.txt
The updated file for rewired that should display images correctly now.
(58.47 KiB) Downloaded 1851 times
Zeldazackman
Somewhat familiar

Postby Rewired » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:06 am

Zeldazackman wrote:Alright rewired, I just got back from a mini-vacation and so I took a crack at it.

I got it to work in my testings and re-testings properly and I also updated its texture points so that it can always run without the need for the .png images.

If there is anything that is buggy with it let me know :3

It looks great. Thank you.

...although i would have appreciated it if you could have instructed me on how to make the files themselves work, because texture points seem to be hebrew for me. Or teach me how to use texture points, i don't mind.

In related news, i've began creation of a new mon. IT is based around these.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheela_na_gig
http://g.e-hentai.org/s/cf2fb7a386/710199-103 <-nsfw, then again if you're here you're probably not at work anyways...

But i'm at a bit of a dilemma. Do i use the gargoyle form, or do i make a replication of the oglaf comic?
Rewired
Been posting for a bit

Postby Brutaller » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:02 am

got a problem with altering harpy's pic....

[Exception... "Component is not available" nsresult: "0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE)" location: "JS frame :: file:///C:/Users/spravce/Desktop/Vorelike/Engine.js :: renderall :: line 680" data: no]
Oneimg: [object HTMLImageElement]
Oneimg.src: file:///C:/Users/spravce/Desktop/Vorelike/art/harpy2.png, Refid: ovrlharpy2tex, files: ./art/harpy2.png
0, 0, 0, 0

anyone to tell me what have i done wrong? by the way i know nothing about programming or anything... i'm just using logics.

yea and uhm..... i would post the images but i dont know how to add an attachment...... would be grateful for help! (i don't think anyone can tell me whats up with it without the pics.... i've been using gimp)
Brutaller
Participator

Postby Rewired » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:00 am

Brutaller wrote:got a problem with altering harpy's pic....

[Exception... "Component is not available" nsresult: "0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE)" location: "JS frame :: file:///C:/Users/spravce/Desktop/Vorelike/Engine.js :: renderall :: line 680" data: no]
Oneimg: [object HTMLImageElement]
Oneimg.src: file:///C:/Users/spravce/Desktop/Vorelike/art/harpy2.png, Refid: ovrlharpy2tex, files: ./art/harpy2.png
0, 0, 0, 0

anyone to tell me what have i done wrong? by the way i know nothing about programming or anything... i'm just using logics.

yea and uhm..... i would post the images but i dont know how to add an attachment...... would be grateful for help! (i don't think anyone can tell me whats up with it without the pics.... i've been using gimp)

Quick and blunt reply, you can upload attachments by clicking on the "Upload attachment" tab next to the "Options" tab. Then just browse your comp for the fileyou want to upload, and click Add the file.

I don't actually know much about the actual image problem, though...on the quick and blunt, i'd say your file path is buggered.
Rewired
Been posting for a bit

Postby Brutaller » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:15 pm

Am i doing it right?

harpyvore.png
harpyvore.png (26.45 KiB) Viewed 5457 times

Harpy.png
Harpy.png (3.05 KiB) Viewed 5457 times

EDIT:
Spoiler: show
FIXED THE ISSUE.... seems like im not that dumb and the game is case-sensitive..... Harpy-->harpy and its all OK
Brutaller
Participator

Postby Zeldazackman » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:59 am

Here is a quick and easy monster that I whipped up since its been a while from my last upload (Remember, the ATgiant I only worked on getting its images to display, nothing else).

Its a bee girl that has oral vore and a bit of sex, might be a wall of text when playing with world clock on but its still better then nothing I guess.

Also @rewired, all I did was change each entry to an animation and have it linked to its playback from its start, aka instead of the second entry of the vore, I have it so it off-shoots with the first entry so that it still registers as well as still being there for proper vore, just take a look at the two files and see the changes as it only takes about a min ^_^ .

Remember that I've got the earlier mods (new Cowgirl and Succubus with av added) on page 16
Attachments
Beegirl.txt
The beegirl mod that I did in a little bit, its not the best nor is it even close to grade A stuff, but its alright I suppose
(50.13 KiB) Downloaded 1701 times
Zeldazackman
Somewhat familiar

Postby Psychfennec » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:29 am

Hey guys, apologies for not getting out an update - life has been very busy for me lately. I am, however, going to be releasing an update soon (probably sometime next week). I will also be going through this thread and collecting all the mods that people have made, then putting those up on the front page (using the second post that I "saved"). :)
Psychfennec
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:39 pm

Here is a quick and easy monster that I whipped up since its been a while from my last upload (Remember, the ATgiant I only worked on getting its images to display, nothing else).

Its a bee girl that has oral vore and a bit of sex, might be a wall of text when playing with world clock on but its still better then nothing I guess.

Is there images to go with the beegirl because I don't know if I have them or not since it keeps failing to work and crash without images.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Zeldazackman » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:42 pm

Dragonvorelover135 wrote:
Is there images to go with the beegirl because I don't know if I have them or not since it keeps failing to work and crash without images.

I made it so that it shouldn't require the images, but if its still crashing without them then that's very strange indeed, I'll have to test it later again in a vm to see if I can replicate the problem.

In the meantime, here is the bee-girl picture that I used and here is a quick and easy re-route that should also work.
Attachments
bee-girl1.png
The image that I used, save it in the art folder of the game directory
bee-girl1.png (32.4 KiB) Viewed 4891 times
BeegirltextureReroute.txt
Copy-paste these lines of text to the end of the beegirl.txt mod over-writing its current textures if you have problems with the current one not displaying
(205 Bytes) Downloaded 432 times
Zeldazackman
Somewhat familiar

Postby Brutaller » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:46 pm

any idea how to reroute the succubus art as well? the files in the art folder seem more attractive to me :)
Brutaller
Participator

Postby Zeldazackman » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:17 pm

Brutaller wrote:any idea how to reroute the succubus art as well? the files in the art folder seem more attractive to me :)

Lucky for you, I've already had the other succubi textures added as a second mob entirely, as the game follows the logic of "if you add a different mob with the same texture reference name, it will over-play the other".

But seeing as this is a separate mob texture reference you can have both succubi mobs roaming about if you'd want without one over-playing the other.

If you'd much rather have just have the one single succubus mob, there is also a file re-route patch that includes the updated textures too that you can use, just copy and paste the whole thing over the existing succubus texture entries at the bottom of the text file and you are good to go.
Attachments
FSuccubus.txt
The seperate succubus mob that is using the updated images for if you'd want the two versions roaming about.
(85.74 KiB) Downloaded 1314 times
Succubus Tex Reroute.txt
Just the updated succubus texture file that can be copy pasted over the existing texture entries.
(74.43 KiB) Downloaded 1002 times
Zeldazackman
Somewhat familiar

Postby Psychfennec » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:14 am

Hello everyone, sorry there was no update this week. Life has been hectic. I'm going to try and get out an update soon.
Psychfennec
Somewhat familiar

Postby komaru » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:48 pm

Hey all, came up with a few more creatures, re-imaginings of the old OVRL monsters. Hope to have some more done soon!

Be warned, as most (all I think) contain digestion and scat in some form or another.

enjoy, any who are interested, and let me know of any typos, etc. think I got most of them though.
Attachments
balor.txt
Balor OVRL monster
(4.37 KiB) Downloaded 1335 times
cambion.txt
Cambion OVRL monster
(5.07 KiB) Downloaded 1300 times
centaur.txt
Centauress OVRL monster
(5.08 KiB) Downloaded 1523 times
deertaur.txt
Deertaur OVRL monster
(5.14 KiB) Downloaded 1491 times
komaru
???

Postby sansuki » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:15 pm

komaru, I really like those creatures!
sansuki
---

Postby komaru » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:19 pm

Why, thank you! I'll try and upload more as I get to work on them :3
komaru
???

Postby Rewired » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:35 am

Hello again. I've finished reworking the OVRl Knight to Vorelike. The only problem is that the vore texture seems to get stuck if you get pleasurereleased.

Also, my previous poll still stands. I'm making a monster based around the Sheela-na-gig. Would you rather it be like...

this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheela-na-gig

Or

This: http://oglaf.com/sheela/ (i.e. cougar who carries around a structure with a portal to her vagina)

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
ATKnight.txt
The OVRL knight reimagined.
(9.19 KiB) Downloaded 1274 times
Rewired
Been posting for a bit

Postby komaru » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:28 am

For the text scenes, is there something I can put in to make a choice trigger a particular digestion scene. (For example, choice 3 is digest via oral vore, choice 4 is digest via UB)

I've tried "digest([Last oral vore refID])" and "digest([Last UB refID])" as well as using the first refIDs for each, just wondering if there's something I can throw in there to make it work.

EDIT: I've got another creature, based on the fey from OVRL, I've also got 3 or 4 preds with 2 vore types that I'll upload if I can get that digest thing to work.
Attachments
fey.txt
(4.89 KiB) Downloaded 1266 times
komaru
???

Postby Brutaller » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:31 pm

Zeldazackman wrote:
Brutaller wrote:any idea how to reroute the succubus art as well? the files in the art folder seem more attractive to me :)

Lucky for you, I've already had the other succubi textures added as a second mob entirely, as the game follows the logic of "if you add a different mob with the same texture reference name, it will over-play the other".

But seeing as this is a separate mob texture reference you can have both succubi mobs roaming about if you'd want without one over-playing the other.

If you'd much rather have just have the one single succubus mob, there is also a file re-route patch that includes the updated textures too that you can use, just copy and paste the whole thing over the existing succubus texture entries at the bottom of the text file and you are good to go.

oyy thank you very much... i was trying to accomplish the task using logic and alterating the base file but i faced utter defeat, since apart from logic, i cant do anything around programming :P
I discovered another thing in the art folder: it contains pretty slime sprites as well! would you mind rerouting slime as well? I'd be in your debt (despite i have no way to repay you)
Brutaller
Participator

Postby SoupsLewd » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:24 pm

I'm using Chrome, and I opened up the Index file and all that popped up is a black webpage with no message box. What am I doing wrong?
SoupsLewd
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game