Vorelike (formerly VDOS)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vorelike (formerly VDOS)

Postby Slayer3345 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:17 am

Before anyone gets on me, yes I use Internet Explorer. Get over it.

Now...I tried to up the idex file, which my computer defualtivly labeled it as an internet explorer like program, but all I see is black screen. What's up? Also, it won't let me switch it to Chrome, so switching programs isn't an option.
Slayer3345
Been posting for a bit

Postby SoupsLewd » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:07 pm

Slayer3345 wrote:Before anyone gets on me, yes I use Internet Explorer. Get over it.

Now...I tried to up the idex file, which my computer defualtivly labeled it as an internet explorer like program, but all I see is black screen. What's up? Also, it won't let me switch it to Chrome, so switching programs isn't an option.

I tried to see if there's a way to switch it to FireFox (because that's what will automatically start the game) but it won't let me. :(
SoupsLewd
Somewhat familiar

Postby Psychfennec » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:00 pm

The game is not yet supported in IE. To use another browser, you can either right-click on the index.html, then choose Open With, and then use Firefox or Chrome. If that doesn't pop up, you can also drag and drop the index.html file into Firefox / Chrome.
Psychfennec
Somewhat familiar

Postby Slayer3345 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:33 am

Psychfennec wrote:The game is not yet supported in IE. To use another browser, you can either right-click on the index.html, then choose Open With, and then use Firefox or Chrome. If that doesn't pop up, you can also drag and drop the index.html file into Firefox / Chrome.

I already tried that. It doesn't give me the option to open with, just open. I also tried to drag and drop it in, but Chrome won't regester it. :/
Slayer3345
Been posting for a bit

Postby Psychfennec » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:15 pm

I just tested by opening Chrome and dragging and dropping the index.html file into it. I dragged from Windows Explorer down to the Chrome icon, then into the window. A "copy" icon appeared next to my mouse cursor, and I released / dropped the file there into the window and the page appeared. I was then able to play normally.

(Note: I opened Chrome from a shortcut on my desktop that has the "-allow-file-access-from-files" argument within it)
Psychfennec
Somewhat familiar

Postby SoupsLewd » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:14 pm

Psychfennec wrote:I just tested by opening Chrome and dragging and dropping the index.html file into it. I dragged from Windows Explorer down to the Chrome icon, then into the window. A "copy" icon appeared next to my mouse cursor, and I released / dropped the file there into the window and the page appeared. I was then able to play normally.

(Note: I opened Chrome from a shortcut on my desktop that has the "-allow-file-access-from-files" argument within it)

I'm not sure what you mean from that. In the file, the Index already has a Chrome Icon. Do I open up Google Chrome and drag the index into it, or what?
SoupsLewd
Somewhat familiar

Postby komaru » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:27 pm

Hey, Psych, I just wanted to bump my question from last page in case it was missed, if that's alright

For the text scenes, is there something I can put in to make a choice trigger a particular digestion scene. (For example, choice 3 is digest via oral vore, choice 4 is digest via UB)

Just wondering, I've got 3 or 4 creatures with 2 vore types that I'd like to upload if I can get that to work. :3
komaru
???

Postby Slayer3345 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:11 am

Psychfennec wrote:I just tested by opening Chrome and dragging and dropping the index.html file into it. I dragged from Windows Explorer down to the Chrome icon, then into the window. A "copy" icon appeared next to my mouse cursor, and I released / dropped the file there into the window and the page appeared. I was then able to play normally.

Well...it kind of worked. I ended up just coping and pasting the link from IE to Chrome, but I just get a black screen. Nothing else.
Slayer3345
Been posting for a bit

Postby Psychfennec » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:56 pm

komaru wrote:Hey, Psych, I just wanted to bump my question from last page in case it was missed, if that's alright

For the text scenes, is there something I can put in to make a choice trigger a particular digestion scene. (For example, choice 3 is digest via oral vore, choice 4 is digest via UB)

Just wondering, I've got 3 or 4 creatures with 2 vore types that I'd like to upload if I can get that to work. :3
It's perfectly alright!

I added in the code to 0.94 so that you can specify a digestion scene using "digest(referenceid_of_swallowmove)" just as you would specify a particular type of vore using "swallow(referenceid_of_swallowmove)". I've got some free time today, so hopefully I will be getting out 0.94 soon. :)

Slayer3345 wrote:

Well...it kind of worked. I ended up just coping and pasting the link from IE to Chrome, but I just get a black screen. Nothing else.
Did you extract all the files from the archive? If you're just getting a black screen, it sounds like the game can't find the files it needs.
Last edited by Psychfennec on Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Psychfennec
Somewhat familiar

Postby komaru » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:15 pm

Psychfennec wrote:I added in the code to 0.94 so that you can specify a digestion scene using "digest(referenceid_of_swallowmove)" just as you would specify a particular type of vore using "swallow(referenceid_of_swallowmove)". I've got some free time today, so hopefully I will be getting out 0.94 soon. :)

Awesome, I look forward to it! :3
komaru
???

Postby Psychfennec » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:57 pm

Released 0.94 to Dropbox (https://www.dropbox.com/s/c5pz8zla074we ... ike094.zip)

0.94:
Fixed logo / texture loading issue.
Fixed issue with sounds not playing properly.
Began creation of TMX/Tiled Map Editor tileset loading / rendering code.
Began creation of Permissive FOV lighting code.
Cleaned up unused Map Tiles (clears up memory usage).
Fixed an issue where up stairs would not be properly placed.
Added “digest(referenceid)” to the code to allow for specific player digestion.
Added “baseattack” and “dicesize” to attackmove / swallowmove code, allowing for variable damage for attacks / swallowmoves.
Added 'canescape' variable to swallowmoves, which prevents the player from attacking / pleasuring.
Psychfennec
Somewhat familiar

Postby komaru » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:27 pm

Found a bit of a bug so far while testing a monster, thought it may just be one, but i tested it with an older one as well (wolf), the game seems to be displaying the "attackmove" finishtext, even if the player dies while vored, rather than the "swallowmove" finishtext.

Also, should have a handful of monsters soon, just need to update textscenes and give them some baseattack and dicesize, since they are all currently hitting for 0 ;p

Couple of other things popped up as well:

receive this error right after logo: [Exception... "Access to restricted URI denied" code: "1012" nsresult: "0x805303f4 (NS_ERROR_DOM_BAD_URI)" location: "<unknown>"]

I don't know if it could be related, but this occurred right after giving basedamage/dicesize to creatures, I placed it in the "general" area (where stats and hp, etc. are), should I maybe have placed it with the attackmoves?

and the digest(refID) doesn't quite seem to work, I'm currently testing with my harpy monster, who has Oral Vore and Unbirth, but they still don't seem to trigger, here is the "choices" portion of the monster, the 2 swallows and switch places all work at the moment.

Spoiler: show
addchoice: true;
referenceid: Harpychoices;
choices: [I want you to massage my stomach. |I want you to massage my womb. |I've grown tired of you, I'm going to digest you into harpy shit. |I think you'll be better off as a batch of harpy-cum. |I need to switch places.];
outcomes: [swallow(Harpyov1) |swallow(Harpyub1) |digest(Harpyov1) |digest(Harpyub1) |switchplaces];

The site probably unformatted it, but it is all tabbed, etc. properly in notepad.
komaru
???

Postby Psychfennec » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:32 pm

I put all the game mods in this thread into the 2nd post on the first page. Let me know if anything is missing or incorrect.

komaru wrote:Found a bit of a bug so far while testing a monster, thought it may just be one, but i tested it with an older one as well (wolf), the game seems to be displaying the "attackmove" finishtext, even if the player dies while vored, rather than the "swallowmove" finishtext.
I'll look into this.

komaru wrote:Also, should have a handful of monsters soon, just need to update textscenes and give them some baseattack and dicesize, since they are all currently hitting for 0 ;p

Couple of other things popped up as well:

receive this error right after logo: [Exception... "Access to restricted URI denied" code: "1012" nsresult: "0x805303f4 (NS_ERROR_DOM_BAD_URI)" location: "<unknown>"]

I don't know if it could be related, but this occurred right after giving basedamage/dicesize to creatures, I placed it in the "general" area (where stats and hp, etc. are), should I maybe have placed it with the attackmoves?
Yes, thoe basedamage / dicesize should be in Attackmoves / Swallowmoves, not general stat area. I don't think that's what caused the error message, though.

komaru wrote:and the digest(refID) doesn't quite seem to work, I'm currently testing with my harpy monster, who has Oral Vore and Unbirth, but they still don't seem to trigger, here is the "choices" portion of the monster, the 2 swallows and switch places all work at the moment.

Spoiler: show
addchoice: true;
referenceid: Harpychoices;
choices: [I want you to massage my stomach. |I want you to massage my womb. |I've grown tired of you, I'm going to digest you into harpy shit. |I think you'll be better off as a batch of harpy-cum. |I need to switch places.];
outcomes: [swallow(Harpyov1) |swallow(Harpyub1) |digest(Harpyov1) |digest(Harpyub1) |switchplaces];

The site probably unformatted it, but it is all tabbed, etc. properly in notepad.
I'll look into this. I didn't get a chance to test it too much.
Psychfennec
Somewhat familiar

Postby komaru » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:58 pm

Also, I might just be getting it wrong on my end here, so I don't mean to overload you right away (sorry!), but I'm still getting a lot of 0 damage attackmoves, digestion damage seems fine (I've just left all of the digestion damage as fixed, at least for now.)

I may just be wording the dicerolling wrong, currently I'm using:

<tab>baseattack: 2;
<tab>dicesize: 6; (assuming this is the number of sides on the dice? Should I enter it as say "1d6"?)

edit: also tried putting dicesize in the 'x'd'y' format, and it still triggers a "0 damage" from every autoattack, even with a high baseattack (went all the way to 100 for testing.)

Tried this one in a separate install with no mods, editing only the Slime's attack values.
komaru
???

Postby Psychfennec » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:50 pm

Edit: Uploaded 0.941 to Dropbox, with the same URL as 0.94. Also male and female wolves use the basedamage + dicedamage now.

komaru wrote:Also, I might just be getting it wrong on my end here, so I don't mean to overload you right away (sorry!), but I'm still getting a lot of 0 damage attackmoves, digestion damage seems fine (I've just left all of the digestion damage as fixed, at least for now.)

I may just be wording the dicerolling wrong, currently I'm using:

<tab>baseattack: 2;
<tab>dicesize: 6; (assuming this is the number of sides on the dice? Should I enter it as say "1d6"?)

edit: also tried putting dicesize in the 'x'd'y' format, and it still triggers a "0 damage" from every autoattack, even with a high baseattack (went all the way to 100 for testing.)

Tried this one in a separate install with no mods, editing only the Slime's attack values.
The basedamage / dicerolling was broken, plus with the way I had modified the attack code, the player wasn't properly attacking. I've fixed it, uploaded the changes to the GIT page, and will be releasing 0.941 soon.
Psychfennec
Somewhat familiar

Postby komaru » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:50 pm

Cool! I'll give it a shot, will try to get those updated monsters up tonight, if not, should be up tommorow at some point :3
komaru
???

Postby Psychfennec » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:23 am

komaru wrote:Cool! I'll give it a shot, will try to get those updated monsters up tonight, if not, should be up tommorow at some point :3
Awesome. :D
Psychfennec
Somewhat familiar

Postby komaru » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:57 am

Okay, so here they are:

The only thing that still doesn't seem to work are the digestion choices, maybe I'm doing something wrong, or maybe they're still broken, but I can't seem to make them work, but I will upload what I have for now.

edit: Hmm, guess that list is getting pretty big, may have to make a zip file when I'm all done with'em.
Attachments
Arbok.txt
Contains: Oral Vore, scat.
(6.89 KiB) Downloaded 621 times
balor.txt
Contains: Oral vore, scat
(4.5 KiB) Downloaded 460 times
cambion.txt
Contains: Oral/Soul Vore, Scat
(5.2 KiB) Downloaded 473 times
centaur.txt
Contains: Oral Vore, scat
(5.21 KiB) Downloaded 517 times
deertaur.txt
Contains: Oral Vore, scat
(5.27 KiB) Downloaded 490 times
demon.txt
Contains: Oral Vore, Unbirth, Scat, Cum digestion
(digest choices do not work)
(8.37 KiB) Downloaded 697 times
elf.txt
Contains: Oral Vore, Unbirth, Scat, Cum digestion
(7.89 KiB) Downloaded 649 times
elfnoble.txt
Contains: Oral Vore, Anal Vore, (heavy) Scat
(8.59 KiB) Downloaded 587 times
fey.txt
Contains: Oral Vore
(5.01 KiB) Downloaded 492 times
goblin.txt
Contains: Oral vore, Breast vore, scat, milk digestion
(7.72 KiB) Downloaded 589 times
halfdragon.txt
Contains: Oral vore, Anal Vore, (heavy) scat
(7.87 KiB) Downloaded 694 times
harpy.txt
Contains: Oral vore, Unbirth, Scat, Cum digestion
(8.01 KiB) Downloaded 720 times
komaru
???

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:13 am

anyway to DISABLE scat with those...? =.=
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby Brutaller » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:00 am

komaru wrote:Okay, so here they are:

The only thing that still doesn't seem to work are the digestion choices, maybe I'm doing something wrong, or maybe they're still broken, but I can't seem to make them work, but I will upload what I have for now.

edit: Hmm, guess that list is getting pretty big, may have to make a zip file when I'm all done with'em.

great work! i just made the statuses more succinct so it doesnt bug my view mode and i ran into one tiny problem. seems like the goblin doesnt have its art in the art folder...
got some pics there as well? :)

yeah and i made a new vorelike logo.... but i forgot which artist's image i edited, which is horrible... if anyone remembers it lemme know...
Attachments
Vorelike Logo.png
replace the one in game directory.
Brutaller
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game