Devourment [Skyrim mod, F/?] (v0.65c)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment [Skyrim mod, F/?] (v0.55b)

Postby Shadowlyger » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:03 pm

Beliroz wrote:
Shadowlyger wrote:So uh. I seem to have somehow lost the ability to regurgitate, as has, apparently, everyone else. Like, if my digestion times out and they're not dead? No regurgitation, they just sit in there forever.

HALP

I had the same problem, just untick the devourment.esp, load your game, save and exit, tick the .esp back on and load your last save. Keep in mind; you will lose your perks and stats :/

Well it's not that I'm stuck with a belly, I've been reloading any time that happened, it's that nobody seems to be able to regurgitate anymore. Can't use the Regurgitate command if I non-lethally swallow someone, can't get regurgitated if an NPC swallows me, so on and so forth. Kinda speaks to a bigger problem at hand.
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby TheBlueRaichu » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:48 pm

Shadowlyger wrote:
Beliroz wrote:
Shadowlyger wrote:So uh. I seem to have somehow lost the ability to regurgitate, as has, apparently, everyone else. Like, if my digestion times out and they're not dead? No regurgitation, they just sit in there forever.

HALP

I had the same problem, just untick the devourment.esp, load your game, save and exit, tick the .esp back on and load your last save. Keep in mind; you will lose your perks and stats :/

Well it's not that I'm stuck with a belly, I've been reloading any time that happened, it's that nobody seems to be able to regurgitate anymore. Can't use the Regurgitate command if I non-lethally swallow someone, can't get regurgitated if an NPC swallows me, so on and so forth. Kinda speaks to a bigger problem at hand.

Seems like a script issue, have you tried downloading a new copy of the file?

Try this... if you haven't:
1.) Go into a interior (like breezehome) with NO followers around [Dismiss them], with no belly, ect.
[things labeled with letters MAY be unnecessary]
a.) Open up the console commands
Type: Showracemenu
b.) Change your Sex to male if you are female.
[-------------------------------------------------------]
2.) Save
3.) Quit and un-tick the devourment.esp, make sure to delete everything that came with the devourment mod from your skyrim data folder.
4.) Start the game again, load up your latest save and hit "ok" when it tells you some required mods are missing, after it loads up fully then save again and re-load the latest save.
5.) Wait 11 Days [10 days should suffice but 11 to be sure]
6.) Save again and quit to the main menu (Or quit out of the game entirely if you are not following along with the lettered instructions).
[things labeled with letters MAY be unnecessary]
a.) Start the save up.
b.)Open up the console commands
Type: Showracemenu
b.) Change your Sex to female if you are male.
c.) Save again.
[------------------------------------------------------]
7.) Make sure you have the latest download and that all remnants of the last install you have [even if they are the same version] are removed.
8.) Re-install Devourment through whichever method you use [NMM, MO, or Manual], and re-tick it and make sure the Devourment.esp is LAST in your load order.

Alternatively, after you at least Make sure you have the latest download and made sure all the scripts are brand new you may want to start a new save if the problem persists as the file itself may be stuck with corrupted imbedded scripts and issues which could have been caused by installing/uninstalling almost any mod mid play-through which may be effecting the devourment scripts if it isn't devourment itself.
Last edited by TheBlueRaichu on Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheBlueRaichu
Been posting for a bit

Postby RequiemOfFlesh » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:51 pm

Ah shit, the vomit queue is still getting stuck? I coded a failsafe that would cause anyone who had been stuck in the queue for five seconds to just be teleported to the player's cell instead but I guess it's not getting triggered in some cases. Between that and some stomach sizing issues I think I'm just gonna put an "emergency eject button" into the next version that immediately terminates all digestion in the world. Dunno if I can make it compatible with existing saves though.

Speaking of the next version I think I was wildly optimistic with my original timeline. I'm having Vegan write all the dialog for this update since he's obviously gonna be better at that than I am, but I've already put the framework into the game to make it work and I'm trying to figure out how to do some audio wizardry with existing voice files to re-use Skyrim's voices. (You can chop out individual words and put them back together to make new lines, but you can't add new words) A voice actress would be reeeeeeally helpful right about now...

EDIT: Vegan says he has some spare time this week and is gonna try to rework the digestion code so that it registers both the predator and prey with a central quest script. That way if a character gets unloaded with someone in her or if the vomit projectile goes off the edge of the world or whatever the game can still keep track of them and eject them on schedule. Should solve disappearing character issues, vomit queue and stomach shrinking bugs.
RequiemOfFlesh
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheBlueRaichu » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:07 pm

RequiemOfFlesh wrote:Ah shit, the vomit queue is still getting stuck? I coded a failsafe that would cause anyone who had been stuck in the queue for five seconds to just be teleported to the player's cell instead but I guess it's not getting triggered in some cases. Between that and some stomach sizing issues I think I'm just gonna put an "emergency eject button" into the next version that immediately terminates all digestion in the world. Dunno if I can make it compatible with existing saves though.

Speaking of the next version I think I was wildly optimistic with my original timeline. I'm having Vegan write all the dialog for this update since he's obviously gonna be better at that than I am, but I've already put the framework into the game to make it work and I'm trying to figure out how to do some audio wizardry with existing voice files to re-use Skyrim's voices. (You can chop out individual words and put them back together to make new lines, but you can't add new words) A voice actress would be reeeeeeally helpful right about now...

EDIT: Vegan says he has some spare time this week and is gonna try to rework the digestion code so that it registers both the predator and prey with a central quest script. That way if a character gets unloaded with someone in her or if the vomit projectile goes off the edge of the world or whatever the game can still keep track of them and eject them on schedule. Should solve disappearing character issues, vomit queue and stomach shrinking bugs.

Even though I may have sounded like a horrible person (for lack of better words, or worse :p) I do appreciate all of the work that you and Vegan are putting into this mod and sharing with the community.

I've noticed this issue a lot as well, to where when my character would vomit the NPC would either disappear completely or even change race. A common culprit is the third bandit in the closest mine to Riverwood. I've had him go from Orc to Nord way too many times that its just something i expect. A few of the other NPC's do this as well. As far as the failsafe goes, it has been working for me as almost everyone that my character devours triggers this failsafe :/.
TheBlueRaichu
Been posting for a bit

Postby Shadowlyger » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:19 pm

RequiemOfFlesh wrote:Ah shit, the vomit queue is still getting stuck? I coded a failsafe that would cause anyone who had been stuck in the queue for five seconds to just be teleported to the player's cell instead but I guess it's not getting triggered in some cases. Between that and some stomach sizing issues I think I'm just gonna put an "emergency eject button" into the next version that immediately terminates all digestion in the world. Dunno if I can make it compatible with existing saves though.

I'm gonna feel kinda like a jerk for saying this, but if the dialogue is being a pain, you could always work on animations! :-D

*Totally wanted animations before dialogue*

Also, good to know that Vegan's got a plan in mind. Until then I'm just making sure my enemies are well tenderized before I eat them, as I have no problems if they actually die, just if the game, for whatever reason, doesn't register them dying and sticks me with a permanent struggling belly.

EDIT: Just to clarify, not mad about dialogue getting priority, the thread clearly wanted that.
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Vegan » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:58 pm

To clarify what my cousin said, I'm working on something I have wanted to implement for a long time: a centralized script to process all digestions, stomach node scaling, and regurgitation. After trying for so long to make the current model (sticking a MagicEffect onto the predator) work, I've come to the sad conclusion that there are too many edge cases for this system to work reliably. Central processing will allow off-screen digestion and digestion during waiting/sleep periods to be handled properly. It will also correct the "double swallow" bug and maybe pave the way for multiple prey in the future. I still need to attach a MagicEffect to catch actor events from the predator, so this system still has a slight vulnerability in that regard, but overall it will dramatically improve reliability.
Devourment: A Skyrim vore mod (F/?)
DevouRIMent: A RimWorld vore mod (F/?)
Tyrant Totem: A Pathfinder: Kingmaker vore mod (F/?)
Vegan
Somewhat familiar

Postby Shadowlyger » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:04 pm

Will that be current-save friendly?
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Teruyo » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:55 pm

So, I've got a question. I've got somewhere in the neighborhood of seventy shitzillion mods installed, and I have no idea where to put Devourment in the load order. Seeing that it hasn't been submitted to BOSS yet, that's no help, so I turn to you. Any load order concerns I should know of?
Teruyo
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aleph-Null » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:20 am

It needs to be at the end of the load order.

Devourment uses a custom skeleton, any mod you may have that requires a specific skeleton will not be compatible (dismemberment mod comes to mind). Though mods that are dependent on third party skeletons such as xp32's skeleton should still work.

Besides the skeleton, Devourment doesn't seem to conflict with much.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ragnorakx » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:38 pm

I seem to be missing the conjure voracious Valkyrie tome. and Mia doesn't have it in her possession. Any ideas?
ragnorakx
New to the forum

Postby Cribbey » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:24 pm

ragnorakx wrote:I seem to be missing the conjure voracious Valkyrie tome. and Mia doesn't have it in her possession. Any ideas?

The higher your skill is in an area of magic, (E.g. Destruction), the more spells Mia will have for sale for that specific area of magic.

In your case I believe it is 'Conjuration' magic that you will need to level up in order for it to become available.
Cribbey
Participator

Postby ragnorakx » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:09 pm

thanks so much
ragnorakx
New to the forum

Postby hernextmeal » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:11 pm

Shadowlyger wrote:Will that be current-save friendly?

From my understanding of modding, no, because the MagicEffects will no longer exist in the mod and will be purged when the mod is unloaded. That said you can just remove the old mod, save, add the new one and use the console to get back your Devourment perks.

However, due to the way scripts work in Skyrim, I expect the new mod to be less friendly with regards to removal and keeping your save file, unless you use a save scrubber, which really isn't worth it. This is because scripts persist in save files after mods are removed, which may refer to objects that the mods provided and CTD since those objects are gone. If you want to remove Devourment, or any mod with more than rudimentary scripting, create a new character and console yourself the items/spells/levels/quests/perks you want. Mod Organizer (a replacement for NMM) helps with managing multiple Skyrim "profiles" with different mod set ups, and I recommend you install it and set it up to use no more than one profile per character.
hernextmeal
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby digiswarm12 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:43 pm

I know I'm a bit late on this, but congratulations Requiem on the new job! I won't pretend I'm not a little disappointed we won't be able to benefit from your talent and hard work on this mod as long as we'd hoped, but this is good news for you and I don't think anyone can begrudge you for that, especially after all you've accomplished already. If I don't catch you when you ride off into the sunset then I'll wish you all the best in your ventures going forward!

hernextmeal wrote:
Shadowlyger wrote:Will that be current-save friendly?

From my understanding of modding, no, because the MagicEffects will no longer exist in the mod and will be purged when the mod is unloaded. That said you can just remove the old mod, save, add the new one and use the console to get back your Devourment perks.

However, due to the way scripts work in Skyrim, I expect the new mod to be less friendly with regards to removal and keeping your save file, unless you use a save scrubber, which really isn't worth it. This is because scripts persist in save files after mods are removed, which may refer to objects that the mods provided and CTD since those objects are gone. If you want to remove Devourment, or any mod with more than rudimentary scripting, create a new character and console yourself the items/spells/levels/quests/perks you want. Mod Organizer (a replacement for NMM) helps with managing multiple Skyrim "profiles" with different mod set ups, and I recommend you install it and set it up to use no more than one profile per character.

Personally my save files already a bit of a mess from all the experimental mods and updates I've ran against it, so when this mod is finished I fully intend to start a brand new save file. I'd encourage others to do the same. Treat your first playthrough as an experiment with different mods, decide what you want to keep, then start a new game with just those mods. Sometimes it's hard to let go of characters we've spent hours on but the experience can be a lot better the second time round when your not messing about with different mods, tweaks and most of the issues that come with the territory.
digiswarm12
New to the forum

Postby Shadowlyger » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:13 pm

I've made certain to make a new save and then go back to an old one when I've messed around with new mods I'm not sure of, so that's not a problem. No way in hell am I starting over though. Straight up, not happening. I'd rather stop playing a game this long than start over.

Also, a report: Devourment crashes your game if you load a save where you are a werewolf, due to the incompatible skeleton. Found that out from the autosave loading when I died after entering a ruin as a werewolf.
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Sideromelane » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:18 pm

Shadowlyger wrote:I've made certain to make a new save and then go back to an old one when I've messed around with new mods I'm not sure of, so that's not a problem. No way in hell am I starting over though. Straight up, not happening. I'd rather stop playing a game this long than start over.

Also, a report: Devourment crashes your game if you load a save where you are a werewolf, due to the incompatible skeleton. Found that out from the autosave loading when I died after entering a ruin as a werewolf.

I reported the werewolf thing a while ago, nothing was really made of it at the time so I assumed it was something specific to me.
Sideromelane
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby brucejane » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:33 pm

ragnorakx wrote:I seem to be missing the conjure voracious Valkyrie tome. and Mia doesn't have it in her possession. Any ideas?

Your conjuration level probably isn't high enough to get that yet
brucejane
New to the forum

Postby Shadowlyger » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:18 pm

Speaking of those, I had the game crash once when my voracious warrior despawned with someone in her stomach, been a little gunshy to try using it again.
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby RequiemOfFlesh » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:53 pm

Couple of things:
-The new digestion script is still gonna be compatible with current save files. Vegan and I have had to handle "live swaps" in a past project, the trick is to keep all properties and references in the edited script the same and just change what it does to "pass info to the new script and die quietly." Probably a good idea to get everyone out of anyone's stomach before you switch versions though.
-Crap, you guys are right about the werewolf/vampire lord skeleton bug. I'll add a check to stop the skeleton compatibility checker until you de-transform.
RequiemOfFlesh
Been posting for a bit

Postby Shadowlyger » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:38 pm

RequiemOfFlesh wrote:Couple of things:
-The new digestion script is still gonna be compatible with current save files. Vegan and I have had to handle "live swaps" in a past project, the trick is to keep all properties and references in the edited script the same and just change what it does to "pass info to the new script and die quietly." Probably a good idea to get everyone out of anyone's stomach before you switch versions though.
-Crap, you guys are right about the werewolf/vampire lord skeleton bug. I'll add a check to stop the skeleton compatibility checker until you de-transform.

*Happy dance*

I was actually gonna suggest something like that, though my suggestion was more "leave the code in but don't point to it, so the game doesn't complain about the code not being there but nothing accesses it". No idea if that'd work mind, I'm not a programmer. Good to know I won't need to start a new save file!
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game