To a girl's heart- A Vore Dating Sim (discussion board)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: To a girl's heart- A Vore Dating Sim (discussion board)

Postby Lawrence Craft » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:21 pm

BloodyMarie wrote:Not 100% certain, but that looks like one of the default RPG Maker files. You may want to check your RTP Installation.
Yeah, that's right.
Even if the right RTP is already installed, can it be sometimes come to this problem, for example by changing the language or support for non-unicode settings.
A reinstall of the RTP should fix this problem.
Spoiler: show
You should always keep the following sequence in mind:
1. Read carefully
2. UNDERSTAND what is written (that's the most important point!)
3. Follow the instructions you have read AND understand before
4. Play the game and be happy!
Lawrence Craft
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby vorelectric » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:43 pm

Lawrence Craft wrote:
BloodyMarie wrote:Not 100% certain, but that looks like one of the default RPG Maker files. You may want to check your RTP Installation.
Yeah, that's right.
Even if the right RTP is already installed, can it be sometimes come to this problem, for example by changing the language or support for non-unicode settings.
A reinstall of the RTP should fix this problem.

It worked! Thank you both!
vorelectric
Participator

Postby kidclef » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:33 pm

Ugh, I'm an addict, I check this thing every single freaking day!!!

Seriously, we need more updates!!!
I'm kidclef and I write what I like. Nuff said.
kidclef
Participator

Postby vorelectric » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:43 pm

kidclef wrote:Ugh, I'm an addict, I check this thing every single freaking day!!!

Seriously, we need more updates!!!

Give him time mate. Making a game as complicated as this isn't an easy task. Obviously he'll tell us after he's done a LOT of progress, or at least when he's finished up a certain bit of code that's really hard to do, but he won't give an update every week. It'll put too much strain on his mind for something that clearly takes a lot of effort to do.

Besides, it's better to take one's time to have an interesting and well done game than to speed through it and have a crappily done game with shotty characters and scenes.
vorelectric
Participator

Postby kidclef » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:37 pm

vorelectric wrote:
Give him time mate. Making a game as complicated as this isn't an easy task. Obviously he'll tell us after he's done a LOT of progress, or at least when he's finished up a certain bit of code that's really hard to do, but he won't give an update every week. It'll put too much strain on his mind for something that clearly takes a lot of effort to do.

Besides, it's better to take one's time to have an interesting and well done game than to speed through it and have a crappily done game with shotty characters and scenes.

I know, I know, it's just the suspense is murder!
I'm kidclef and I write what I like. Nuff said.
kidclef
Participator

Postby SnakeFan » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:40 am

maybe sime new updates or something like that?
SnakeFan
Somewhat familiar

Postby Zigaus » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:57 am

SnakeFan wrote:maybe sime new updates or something like that?

Chill out. Putting undue pressure on artists/game makers tends to make them feel under-appreciated and has been the cause of more than a few great artists packing up and leaving. Making a game takes a lot of time and effort, especially one this involved.

If you act entitled, like you deserve the free content people contribute here, you only make it more likely that the creators will get fed up and leave. Their works are not made specifically for you, they just happen to be graciously shared with all of us. Have some patience and show some gratitude, it goes a long way.
Zigaus
New to the forum

Postby captainbobey » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:25 am

So, from what I can see in the Demo, all you can do is walk around and talk to the girls, + the easter egg, + changing the time... Am I missing something?
From what I've seen, great so far, it just needs to not turn into Ground Zero, and have a significant amount of content, which is one of the hardest asks.
I also love you for the witch's night time music! Freakin' loved Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time. I also noticed that you can give the girls an Ocarina, which I first passed over as a coincidence, but now I'm having other thoughs. ;) But seriously, really good so far, it just needs to be more than the demo.
captainbobey
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jaxed » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:30 am

If I'm not too late to the party, on at least the sprite vs. art issue, why not both? Of course, if that would be too much work, that's understandable, but how about having the character swallowed with a pixel animation, then have art of the belly afterward on screen?

As for the second question, would be a chose a gender option, each with their own options as the story progresses. This pretty much leads to having to almost make two different games at the same time, so I wouldn't reccomend it for this one, but if you pull this one off and enjoy doing it, perhaps it might be something to keep in mind for future projects when you are feeling more ambitious.

I agree with an earlier poster on the third question, you can't choose just one :P It's the all the pieces together that make a cohesive product, if one is too far off, then the whole project suffers as a result. Even if the player can't put their finger on it, it will just feel "off" and might be good, but fall short of great.

As for the last one, I've actually held off on the demo because I want to see it all for the first time as a finished product. So I most excited for seeing the game finished. That being said, I want to see it completely done instead of rushed, so take the time that you need to put out something really finished, instead of stamping done on a lesser rushed game.

Looking pretty great so far, just be sure to have fun with it too :D
Jaxed
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby dokudoku » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:32 pm

Hello all,

Now I know my lack of response may have some people worried, but I have a perfectly legit reason this time!
So the college semester is drawing to a close, and during this go around, I have taken up to tutoring a few people in C programming. It wasn't that intense in the beginning of the semester, but with course finals and what not, time has been limited.

To those who want something of an update, there isn't anything to report. As mentioned before time has been stretched pretty slim this month, so I barely had any time to work on the game. ^^;

Though I will say I am close to completion and would be way too far in to worry you all with suddenly dropping this project. My request is just be patient. I'll get there and maybe sooner if I don't take a summer course this year.

Jaxed wrote:If I'm not too late to the party, on at least the sprite vs. art issue, why not both? Of course, if that would be too much work, that's understandable, but how about having the character swallowed with a pixel animation, then have art of the belly afterward on screen?

As for the second question, would be a chose a gender option, each with their own options as the story progresses. This pretty much leads to having to almost make two different games at the same time, so I wouldn't reccomend it for this one, but if you pull this one off and enjoy doing it, perhaps it might be something to keep in mind for future projects when you are feeling more ambitious.

I agree with an earlier poster on the third question, you can't choose just one :P It's the all the pieces together that make a cohesive product, if one is too far off, then the whole project suffers as a result. Even if the player can't put their finger on it, it will just feel "off" and might be good, but fall short of great.

As for the last one, I've actually held off on the demo because I want to see it all for the first time as a finished product. So I most excited for seeing the game finished. That being said, I want to see it completely done instead of rushed, so take the time that you need to put out something really finished, instead of stamping done on a lesser rushed game.

Looking pretty great so far, just be sure to have fun with it too :D

My topics of discussion are always open no matter how old they get. I agree with your points, but being an utter lazy ass, I tend to not want to pile a tremendous amount of work on myself.

Lastly, I suppose as another topic of discussion, what would you say is the most exciting aspect of this game to you? Also, will you most likely focus on one girl or try to get a harem of girls?
dokudoku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Schpadoinkle » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:56 pm

Honestly? Romance and pregnancy. (You mentioned this was going in, and I hope that hasn't changed)

I love that stuff, and pregnancy/impregnation is my biggest fetish. Even moreso than vore.
Schpadoinkle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby vorelectric » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:10 pm

Take all the time you need man. Making a game isn't easy that's for sure.

But for the new topic, or topics since there's two questions here, I'll just say that I'm looking forward to meeting these characters of yours. They seem pretty interesting, and the responses they already give in the demo are already funny!

As for my focus, well I'll focus on what I usually do in these sims, which is focusing on one girl. I like getting to know the characters first, then I'll start to focus on one of them.

What can I say? I'm a sucker for love stories~
vorelectric
Participator

Postby Miridium » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:22 pm

I'm a patient man. As Blizzard goes: "Release when it's ready".
Miridium
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Evilpancake » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:28 pm

Miridium wrote:I'm a patient man. As Blizzard goes: "Release whatever, they'll buy it".

fixed for the modern age of Blizzard/Activision

but ya, take your time, your the only one i see making a game with the promise of being good now that Mysta has completed his game.
Evilpancake
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Miridium » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:55 pm

Evilpancake wrote:
Miridium wrote:I'm a patient man. As Blizzard goes: "Release whatever, they'll buy it".

I would rather my words not be changed so as to be out of context please.
Miridium
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby captainbobey » Thu May 01, 2014 11:55 am

Evilpancake wrote:

but ya, take your time, your the only one i see making a game with the promise of being good now that Mysta has completed his game.

I think you forgot Dice.

Though I hope the Dev doesn't follow any of Dice's advice, or else we can expect to only be able to get one love line, until we do every single possible branch, then we unlock the next, or we can pay $5 for all of them at once, I mean, who cares that you already bought the game, they can still add microtransactions am I right?
captainbobey
Somewhat familiar

Postby Miridium » Thu May 01, 2014 12:27 pm

captainbobey wrote:
Evilpancake wrote:
Miridium wrote:I'm a patient man. As Blizzard goes: "Release it when it's ready."

I think you forgot Dice.

Though I hope the Dev doesn't follow any of Dice's advice, or else we can expect to only be able to get one love line, until we do every single possible branch, then we unlock the next, or we can pay $5 for all of them at once, I mean, who cares that you already bought the game, they can still add microtransactions am I right?

Again, my words were altered without my permission. It's back to what it was originally.
So I say again: Release the game only when it's ready. Not when everyone is demanding it immediately.
Miridium
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby dokudoku » Sun May 04, 2014 8:01 pm

hmmm... micro transactions... :3

*thinks of ways to integrate micro transactions to game*

But in all seriousness, I suppose I should discuss something else, and a bit of a forewarning to how I develop games in case the first run through of the game proves either too difficult or too tedious for you all.

I have a very hard time adapting a game to conform to most styles of game play. One style I try to discourage is the grind and sweep method where all stats are built up, and then the whole game is played through with all possible unlockable content available on the first run. I intended the game to be played in a slower steady pace where the player does a little bit of everything, but I also try to allow the grind and sweep method in a limited amount since I like to encourage people to take their time with the game.

Since I am here, maybe I should also give another topic of dicussion:
When you play the game, will you want to be a girl or a boy? And lets give a reason as to why you want to play as either, even if its as simple as "girl because lesbians=hot", I want to know why you would want to play as one versus the other. The more details the better.
dokudoku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby bebopy » Sun May 04, 2014 8:46 pm

dokudoku wrote:hmmm... micro transactions... :3

*thinks of ways to integrate micro transactions to game* .

Pay a toll at the entrance of respective vores, you want in the ass? that'll be about $3.50 for a pass.
I'd want to play as a man, as it's easier to relate to, and easier to insert myself, no pun intended, into the action
bebopy
Participator

Postby Nobodyman » Sun May 04, 2014 8:56 pm

dokudoku wrote:Since I am here, maybe I should also give another topic of dicussion:
When you play the game, will you want to be a girl or a boy? And lets give a reason as to why you want to play as either, even if its as simple as "girl because lesbians=hot", I want to know why you would want to play as one versus the other. The more details the better.

Personally, I'd prefer to play as a girl because, honestly, F/F is my ideal vore fantasy. Not really any other reason than that.
Nobodyman
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game