A vore dawn (RPG maker game V1.358)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: A vore dawn (RPG maker game V1.15)

Postby Zomulgustar » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:24 am

Quick guide. required events mentioned only

Spoiler: show
Talk to your commander who tells you to take the prince and princess to safety. Before leaving that room collect armor and halberd from items in the room.
Talk to old man and collect helper item
talk to prince and collect potions and stims from items in room
talk to princess and jump out window
fight mercenary before entering forest.
Use Princesses healing magic to heal up and unequip prince and princess then travel through forest.
travel east to town and talk to the 3 inhabitants
travel to house just west of town and collect witch
travel just west of house to farm and fight two orcs(no healing yet, so potentially the hardest fight in game, RNG can kick your butt here. save first, weak to fire, sleep helps).
travel to house above orc fight and fight succubus(weak against ice I think. try both elements every fight now. most are usually slightly weaker to one.)
talk to humans in building that was guarded by orcs then back up to succubus house to collect food(tomato looking crates at top)
travel back to town and interrogate succubus. enter other building to drop off kids and mother, give mother food.
you can now "rest" at town hall(abandoned looking build southern central) by talking to poster on wall. Before you do you might want to use any excess hp and magic grinding camp just south of you. You can only hit that camp once per rest.
After grinding to your hearts content at that camp, head to guard station west of farm. You'll be fighting to sets of 2 guards, all weak to fire. followed by an inquisitor weak to physical attacks. Keep your health high during guard fights and try to keep inquisitor asleep and poisoned if you have that skill.
After inquisitor, immediately talk to thief in chair(search room after, exp items gained that will benefit new party member)
Search everything upstairs and down. don't remember everything, but you MUST collect the 2 daggers downstairs or your thief will be gimped the rest of this version. exp items upstairs as well as assorted potions and food.
talk to unconcious guards outside, one is still alive and can be taken back to town(previous version of game have a glitch here where guard doesn't show. this has been verified by me. Only thing to do is start over)
head west to where you left the princess and get your fourth party member.
head to town and interrogate prisoner(east pit in dungeon).
head to town hall to drop off princess.
Everything is now unlocked. have fun.(naga scene in tent next to castle. fairies at guard station to the south, another guard station has some stuff to steal, secret event in secret passage through forest. lots of new areas to explore that don't really have events yet.

Combat is a bit tedious, enemies start out faster than you and even the trash mobs have a ton of hp, so combat is longer than most rpgs. This seems to be intended. Only incredibly annoying at the beginning when a little bad luck can slaughter your witch without any chance of saving her. Sleep and paralyze are your friend. don't worry about slow and weaken armor(sounds good, little effect). Hope this helps
Last edited by Zomulgustar on Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zomulgustar
Participator

Postby silentfate » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:50 am

Zomulgustar wrote:Quick guide. required events mentioned only

Talk to your commander who tells you to take the prince and princess to safety. Before leaving that room collect armor and halberd from items in the room.
Talk to old man and collect helper item
talk to prince and collect potions and stims from items in room
talk to princess and jump out window
fight mercenary before entering forest.
unequip prince and princess then travel through forest.
travel east to town and talk to the 3 inhabitants
travel to house just west of town and collect witch
travel just west of house to farm and fight two orcs(no healing yet, so potentially the hardest fight in game, RNG can kick your butt here. save first, sleep helps).
travel to house above orc fight and fight succubus(weak against ice I think. try both elements every fight now. most are usually slightly weaker to one.)
talk to humans in building that was guarded by orcs then back up to succubus house to collect food(tomato looking crates at top)
travel back to town and interrogate succubus. enter other building to drop off kids and mother, give mother food.
you can now "rest" at town hall(abandoned looking build southern central) by talking to poster on wall. Before you do you might want to use any excess hp and magic grinding camp just south of you. You can only hit that camp once per rest.
After grinding to your hearts content at that camp, head to guard station west of farm. You'll be fighting to sets of 2 guards, all weak to fire. followed by an inquisitor weak to physical attacks. Keep your health high during guard fights and try to keep inquisitor asleep and poisoned if you have that skill.
After inquisitor, immediately talk to thief in chair(search room after, exp items gained that will benefit new party member)
Search everything upstairs and down. don't remember everything, but you MUST collect the 2 daggers downstairs or your thief will be gimped the rest of this version. exp items upstairs as well as assorted potions and food.
talk to unconcious guards outside, one is still alive and can be taken back to town(previous version of game have a glitch here where guard doesn't show. this has been verified by me. Only thing to do is start over)
head west to where you left the princess and get your fourth party member.
head to town and interrogate prisoner(east pit in dungeon).
head to town hall to drop off princess.
Everything is now unlocked. have fun.(naga scene in tent next to castle. fairies at guard station to the south, another guard station has some stuff to steal, secret event in secret passage through forest. lots of new areas to explore that don't really have events yet.

Combat is a bit tedious, enemies start out faster than you and even the trash mobs have a ton of hp, so combat is longer than most rpgs. This seems to be intended. Only incredibly annoying at the beginning when a little bad luck can slaughter your witch without any chance of saving her. Sleep and paralyze are your friend. don't worry about slow and weaken armor(sounds good, little effect). Hope this helps

A couple things. W/ version 1.15 that bug of knight not appearing can be solved by talking 2 the old man in kantosie. < general rule of thumb when updating versions talk the old man. If you had a problem he will usually fix it. A helper item can be obtained from the old man as well if you have not started a new game.
Two after your first fight w/ the merc, the princess does know heal.
Three orcs are weak to fire. (BBQ piggies anyone one?)
Skills are going to get an overhaul next update. Which will be in about three weeks when I can bug check the G&@ $%&n thing.
Saturn's Moon Titan has more oil than Earth. In unrelated news the US declared that the people of Titan need more freedom, and is planning an immediate assault.
silentfate
Somewhat familiar

Postby Evilpancake » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:33 am

*snip* Sleep and paralyze are your friend. don't worry about slow and weaken armor(sounds good, little effect). Hope this helps

Don't listen all that well huh, its got nothing...ya know what, its just not worth it, try to listen to what people say next time k?
Evilpancake
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Zomulgustar » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:09 am

Evilpancake wrote:
*snip* Sleep and paralyze are your friend. don't worry about slow and weaken armor(sounds good, little effect). Hope this helps

Don't listen all that well huh, its got nothing...ya know what, its just not worth it, try to listen to what people say next time k?

Wow. In one run-on sentence you managed to completely piss me off. In an effort to avoid a flame war, I won't respond how I'd like to. Let me just make a few things clear.
1. My post had nothing to do with your tirade over a broken combat system. This thread is not about you. Its about the game. Whether I agree with you about the combat system(I do kinda), or not has nothing to do with that post. You've harped plenty on the topic and there is nothing in there to help readers of this thread play the game in its current version. I have read everything in this thread, and much of my post combines things already posted earlier. I only referenced material useful to players potentially stuck in the game.
2. Acting superior and describing yourself as a master rpg gamer doesn't give you any respect from me. You take one line of my guide that had a somewhat similar topic to your post and accuse me of not listening because I didn't rant about it like you did? Check your ego before insulting someone who just spent time trying to help.
3. Silentfate made a fun game. Balancing may be off, but its still playable and enjoyable in its current form. So until the next update is released I hope that people can reference my guide if they are having any troubles. I may even update it if someone notices something I missed. Thanks Silentfate!
Zomulgustar
Participator

Postby Lawrence Craft » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:21 am

evilogith wrote:Well i Been to a Lot of Castles & its NOT Letting me Enter ANY of Them :(
I think you're talking about the quest the naga is giving you.
You haven't see the ghost (which symbolizes the end of the current version / content) in front of her, or? :roll: ^^;
You should always keep the following sequence in mind:
1. Read carefully
2. UNDERSTAND what is written (that's the most important point!)
3. Follow the instructions you have read AND understand before
4. Play the game and be happy!
Lawrence Craft
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby eleventh » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:37 am

Just going to jump into some comments here. I didn't find the combat system to be particularly broken in any way, although the initial enemies with eight or nine hundred health were a bit tedious to start out. I'm fairly used to using disabling abilities in RPGs to get through difficult fights, and only really had trouble with fights in this game when I went out of order. Since I saw several comments earlier complaining about the combat system, it seems like the fixes you've made have improved it.
The idea of gathering and storing resources also doesn't pose much of a problem, although I had a rough start since I didn't realize I was supposed to hold on to all that food. (Hey, it heals you 50 hp a pop!) The system feels rough still, since I have to wait until the village is about to starve to give more food, and I have no clue how much of any resource I still need to collect for the ship. Since as far as I can tell, the ship doesn't exist yet, that isn't much of a problem as of now.
I'm not sure what's going on with prisoners, do they actually have any function yet? I remember something about ransom, but can't figure out how that works.
Some of those undeveloped locations are ENORMOUS. In my opinion, some, at least settlement 6, are way too big, or too open. I assume that will get changed in some way as the game develops, but one thing that tends to bother me in games is lots of blank space. Walking past what feels like miles of fields to hit an invisible wall and have to turn around is tedious in a game that expects you to search every crate.
Also, was there supposed to be an army of either 32 or 40 orcs in that south guardpost? Because I think I fought 4 or 5 waves of 8 orcs each.
I look forward to seeing how this game turns out in the future.
I really need to just post things without rewriting them dozens of times.
eleventh
Participator

Postby kenny316 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:07 pm

Lawrence Craft wrote:
evilogith wrote:Well i Been to a Lot of Castles & its NOT Letting me Enter ANY of Them :(
I think you're talking about the quest the naga is giving you.
You haven't see the ghost (which symbolizes the end of the current version / content) in front of her, or? :roll: ^^;

Where does one find the naga camp at?
kenny316
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Lawrence Craft » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:13 pm

kenny316 wrote:Where does one find the naga camp at?
The search-engine can be useful...
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=37446&p=1912674&hilit=naga#p1912674
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=37446&p=1916482&hilit=naga#p1916482
1. Read carefully
Lawrence Craft
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby kenny316 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:50 am

Lawrence Craft wrote:

I should of posted before I went to sleep. I found where it is. Just won't let me access it at all.
kenny316
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby kenny316 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:54 am

Lawrence Craft wrote:

Thank you though. the links helped.
kenny316
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby VoreLover12 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:47 am

Could you maybe include Scat and Watersports in this because i have been digested by alot of creatures now and it doesn't feel right that i am not being let out at all.
VoreLover12
Participator

Postby Raiden264 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:10 pm

Combat really needs to be updated. There are no enemies to train on and the orcs are terribly overpowered to the point where you can only beat them by sleep spamming and praying that they don't wake up on a turn you're attacking. If you want to keep them at that strength i'd recommend weaker enemies to train on, orrrr that the orcs be weakened a bit. Also, when the succubus is in your inventory as a "prisoner" and you try to put her in jail you get a notice saying "you have no prisoners".
If ya like the stuff I make please support me on SubscribeStar! Unlock new content here...https://subscribestar.adult/raiv
Raiden264
Participator

Postby Lawrence Craft » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:35 pm

Raiden264 wrote:Combat really needs to be updated. There are no enemies to train on and the orcs are terribly overpowered to the point where you can only beat them by sleep spamming and praying that they don't wake up on a turn you're attacking. If you want to keep them at that strength i'd recommend weaker enemies to train on, orrrr that the orcs be weakened a bit.
There are no enemies to train on?
But you already mentioned them, the orcs!
Easier enemies can not be found.
You can easily beat them, even without sending they to sleep.
Honestly, if you want a game which you can play through within 10 minutes, don't play RPG's.
RPG's are always known to be a little bit more complex and time intensive as a "side-scrolling-game", where you have nothing to do as running through...
Also plays luck a significant role.
The save slot's are not only there to look at them, but to use!

Pardon for my perhaps harsh words, but exactly such statements have already most of the good RPG's driven to ruin.
I'm really missing the good old RPG's where you have to play several hours to get really started...
Hah, those were the times...

Raiden264 wrote:Also, when the succubus is in your inventory as a "prisoner" and you try to put her in jail you get a notice saying "you have no prisoners".
Talk to Paul (if I remember it right, than should it be his name) in the Lock up (the house where you "store" your prisoners) and then to the note in the middle between the two cell sections.
The succubus is a special prisoner, and it seems that are different requirements must be fulfilled to "store" her.
One of them is to talk to Paul (also known as the "sheriff").
1. Read carefully
Lawrence Craft
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Snorlaxkid » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:46 pm

Lawrence Craft wrote:You can easily beat them, even without sending they to sleep.

That's completely untrue. They always come in pairs OR MORE, and as long as they are on equal numbers with your party or better, your chances of winning are completely dependent on them not spamming leg sweep and stun locking your team to death.
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Lawrence Craft » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:47 pm

Snorlaxkid wrote:That's completely untrue. They always come in pairs OR MORE, and as long as they are on equal numbers with your party or better, your chances of winning are completely dependent on them not spamming leg sweep and stun locking your team to death.
Not really.
In the camp which is mentioned by the succubus are "enemy-groups" of ONE or more (What did you say? Always two?).
I can't deny that their ability to stun your characters is a little bit annoying, but like I already said depends the gameplay of RPG's always a little bit on your luck (or planning, at least if you understand some of it *cough*).
You have 16 different save slots, why don't you make a little bit more use of them and save before a fight?

No matter what one may say, I'm sick of hearing this whining.
If your not willing to spend a little bit more time in a game, why you're playing it?
One may report me / my post for this, but it really pisses me off.
This game is after a long time finally a RPG game which the player really something demanded.
And by such statements, it becomes possibly a 0815-game which can occur only kick in the bin, or so...
I know that there are different views of one thing, but one thing I have clearly understood.
A RPG is nothing what you can play through in 15 or 30 minutes.
A RPG always require a greater amount of time (the minimum are 5+ hours) to play through, at least if you read the text (explanations, back story or history, etc.) and don't click through all the things which may be relevant or interesting to read and invest some time in the character development.
At least when it is a good one, not a 0815.
It is fortunate that you can load from a save file, if something went wrong, or if you picked a wrong choice.
The most online rpgs are not like that.
If you make there a mistake, or pick a wrong choice you can delete the whole charactere and start over from the begining.
Some games offer though a reset service, but that are mostly connected with enormous costs of a in-game currency, or even with real money.

Hah, I'm tired... m(
1. Read carefully
Lawrence Craft
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby silentfate » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:51 pm

-looks up from programming and writing-

eleventh wrote:Just going to jump into some comments here. I didn't find the combat system to be particularly broken in any way, although the initial enemies with eight or nine hundred health were a bit tedious to start out. I'm fairly used to using disabling abilities in RPGs to get through difficult fights, and only really had trouble with fights in this game when I went out of order. Since I saw several comments earlier complaining about the combat system, it seems like the fixes you've made have improved it.
The idea of gathering and storing resources also doesn't pose much of a problem, although I had a rough start since I didn't realize I was supposed to hold on to all that food. (Hey, it heals you 50 hp a pop!) The system feels rough still, since I have to wait until the village is about to starve to give more food, and I have no clue how much of any resource I still need to collect for the ship. Since as far as I can tell, the ship doesn't exist yet, that isn't much of a problem as of now.
I'm not sure what's going on with prisoners, do they actually have any function yet? I remember something about ransom, but can't figure out how that works.
Some of those undeveloped locations are ENORMOUS. In my opinion, some, at least settlement 6, are way too big, or too open. I assume that will get changed in some way as the game develops, but one thing that tends to bother me in games is lots of blank space. Walking past what feels like miles of fields to hit an invisible wall and have to turn around is tedious in a game that expects you to search every crate.
Also, was there supposed to be an army of either 32 or 40 orcs in that south guardpost? Because I think I fought 4 or 5 waves of 8 orcs each.
I look forward to seeing how this game turns out in the future.

One of the degrees of freedom that i hope to give later in the game is you can take fights out of order, giving more flexibility in the plot, but I might be getting ahead of myself.
As for food, well that is the choice you have, you can use it to heal health or to rest, it depends on your.... situation.
Display resources to collect for ship got it. -adds to the to do list-
Ransoming regular prisoners will start with v1.2 along with markets where things can be bought and sold.
Fill in stuff, did it areas are still open but more stuff in them. I think I will make a policy of never hide things outside, might make things simpler in terms of searching
Yes there was suppose to be an army at that outpost, would not be much of an outpost without large numbers of expendables.

VoreLover12 wrote:Could you maybe include Scat and Watersports in this because i have been digested by alot of creatures now and it doesn't feel right that i am not being let out at all.

Not really my style but I will try, I wont be able write scat ending for all of my previous scenes before my intended release date but I will attempt to write some, and we'll see what thought is on them. (There will be a filter w/ the default option on off,)

Snorlaxkid wrote:
Lawrence Craft wrote:You can easily beat them, even without sending they to sleep.

That's completely untrue. They always come in pairs OR MORE, and as long as they are on equal numbers with your party or better, your chances of winning are completely dependent on them not spamming leg sweep and stun locking your team to death.

They do not one moment
So this is the standard layout of the training camp mentioned When you first enter, there are two sets of two orc mobs. After you beat one more orcs will spawn these are single orc mobs, I made them for grinding,Image because you are right pairs of orcs are a bit much to grind on in the begining. I will be doing some combat fixes, exacerbating weaknesses and providing a new set of abilities.

Lawrence Craft wrote:I'm really missing the good old RPG's where you have to play several hours to get really started...
Hah, those were the times...

Raiden264 wrote:Also, when the succubus is in your inventory as a "prisoner" and you try to put her in jail you get a notice saying "you have no prisoners".
Talk to Paul (if I remember it right, than should it be his name) in the Lock up (the house where you "store" your prisoners) and then to the note in the middle between the two cell sections.
The succubus is a special prisoner, and it seems that are different requirements must be fulfilled to "store" her.
One of them is to talk to Paul (also known as the "sheriff").

^ this is done because the conversation (w/ the Sheriff) forwards certain plot elements, as annoying as it may be it stops you from breaking the game.
And they were good times weren't they? I admit this game is an uphill climb, I said that on the first page, but I think it is suitably entertaining for those who persist.
Any way version 1.2 is finished, painting in the final tree or two, it goes into bug testing march 4 (so bug testers heads up,) once I'm convinced there are no bugs it will be released to every one else, hopefully around a week I apologize to any about the delay in bug testing however, I would prefer a version 1.2, not 1.25, .. writing code to transfer files from one version to another is not very fun. I'm going out of town tomorrow, and wont be able to redress problems bug testers find effectively.
Now V1.2 includes
A dozen new vore scenes.
A new skill set, and revised combat system, (this has been tested, and as a general rule enemies are stronger, and faster, but have less HP)
A item that will allow you to partially rest as well as provide other things of interest.
In the city of Settlement 6 < there will be 7 learnable skills, the ability to ransom and trade, as well as an item that I intend to be an anti boss weapon, suffice to say Marius's mules will approve...or complain
And you will be able take your first steps towards deciding how the game will end.

So thats Where I'm at
Saturn's Moon Titan has more oil than Earth. In unrelated news the US declared that the people of Titan need more freedom, and is planning an immediate assault.
silentfate
Somewhat familiar

Postby Raiden264 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:06 am

Lawrence, I've seen you post here often, and you seem to have a habit of making condescending remarks to people's posts...though i'll give you that they're generally dumb questions, but even then they're totally unecessary. I can understand your frustration, because there are people who just whine or refuse to look for answers themsevles. However, in this case i'm giving my opinion and pointing out some things that can be done better.

First, a harder game is not always a better one. That's a bad bad baddddd misconception. Likewise it being too easy isn't good either. You want that medium...where it's a challenge, but not over or underwhelming.

I meant that there are no enemies other than the Orcs to train on. I think there are some bandits and the knights, but they are all very strong. This is a problem. I also didn't say that i wanted to play through an RPG in 10 minutes, so with that false assumption out of the way we can get to what i'm saying.

I apologize if I sound like i'm being critical, I'm just offering advice. It's tough to progress in the game, and the options available are severely limited to train on one type of monster, which is quite strong for the player to beat. I've spent some years designing and playing games, so I've had a chance to see what makes the good ones work, and why the bad ones fail. This game is good. I like the concept, and the dialogue's not bad, my only problems with it are the combat and the bug I mentioned, but there will be bugs in games like this that aren't tested by a lot of people. It can be tough for one guy (if there's just one working on it) to find ALL the bugs so it's totally understandable.

In the next version I would maybe add some enemies weaker than the orcs outside of the areas blocked off by Orcs. Maybe 2 or 3 different types? Just a suggestion. It adds some variety to your enemies, and at the same time works as a good balance.
If ya like the stuff I make please support me on SubscribeStar! Unlock new content here...https://subscribestar.adult/raiv
Raiden264
Participator

Postby Snorlaxkid » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:28 am

Thank you for the update Silentfate, though for a suggestion, I'd go with Raiden's idea of some weak enemies to practice/grind on, and I for one very much appreciate the lowering of enemy HP. It should make battle more bearable.
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Snowytiggy » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:35 pm

*bumps* I like the look of this and approve of the concept, and the fact that the maker seems very interested in his own project and has a good ideal of what kind of game he wants to make.
Snowytiggy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Hongry01 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:38 am

VoreLover12 wrote:Could you maybe include Scat and Watersports in this because i have been digested by alot of creatures now and it doesn't feel right that i am not being let out at all.

I'd also like to see such an addition to the game.

Also you should try and get someone to provide visuals for the vore scenes in the game, sort of like what "Mysta's Myst Adventure" has. I realize that's probably a lot to ask, but it'd make this game even better :gulp:
Hongry01
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game