Post removed

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Multiplayer scifi RPG, VORE Station (Now with shark peop

Postby C-B-A » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:13 am

Pyro wrote:That sounds like Goonstation code to me. No idea how to actually do it, unfortunately.

eh it's more just modified Bay code, maybe I can worry about the AI vox later, but I do for sure want to add in the scream function so it plays a scream sound bite when your character screams, that's the main thing Ive been trying to implement.
Regional mad scientist and belly inspector
C-B-A
Heavy user

Postby maraudingmarauder » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:25 pm

[03/02/2015 22:42:56] Jemli: are there any established things about Akula lore yet?
[03/02/2015 22:43:56] Scree: https://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com ... _shark.jpg
[03/02/2015 22:45:18] Scree: http://www.dadsbigplan.com/wp-content/u ... -shark.jpg
[03/02/2015 22:45:28] Scree: any questions
[03/02/2015 22:45:51] Jemli: will there be a test on this material?
[03/02/2015 22:46:06] Scree: no
maraudingmarauder
???

Postby warbrand4 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:14 pm

Ah, sharks in space, I thought the only lore needed is some human some where fucked up and now there are intelligent man eating sharks in space.... man the human messing up part isn't needed this is space as far as we know some where there is a planet of gummy bears which eat chickens.

Also could I request that an absorbed prey feature be added, I know it would be complex but it would be a nice option for after death the pred to "keep" the prey some how. (though best I can think of for this is a function that once person is at crit auto displays the death message and forces them in a pocket some where on the pred locking them out of all but whisper chat... though this would need a OOC ghost function for cloning.... yeah nevermind this would be more complex then it is worth for a feature only a few preds would use.)

The only reason I ask is RPing it is a pain especially when the pred wants to fatal digest another prey.
just an RPG maker mapper,
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aces » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:26 pm

Server temporarily down for urgent maintenance unrelated to SS13. I'll post here when it's back.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aces » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:33 pm

Okay we're back up now.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby C-B-A » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:13 am

ok I figured out how to edit the code my self and incorporate what needed to be added, i'm good now :D
C-B-A
Heavy user

Postby eatmeplease » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:18 am

Reading the first post, I suppose I won't fit in since I generally won't like female preds? Unless there's no sex involved.
eatmeplease
---

Postby Aces » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:43 am

eatmeplease wrote:Reading the first post, I suppose I won't fit in since I generally won't like female preds? Unless there's no sex involved.

Plenty of male preds wandering around too, just you may find yourself in less vore if your prefs aren't as open.

But the "male only" / "female only" people still find plenty of fun here. They just enjoy the other features of the game if they aren't getting eaten.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby maraudingmarauder » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:34 pm

Plenty of no-sex-involved nommin' goes on too.
maraudingmarauder
???

Postby eatmeplease » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:43 pm

Sounds good! Now all I need is Linux support and I'm good to go.
eatmeplease
---

Postby ultimated » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:29 pm

I'd recommend an emulator program, like Wine. I've not seen it pulled off FUNCTIONALLY yet, but if you DO manage to get a program that can emulate the .exe from windows into another OS, let me know so I can run a non-vore server with my IRL friends every so often >.>
Find my prefs here!

Posting more often now! PM me if you like, but I might still be slow to respond!
ultimated
Heavy user

Postby antitheology » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:37 pm

A friendly reminder to all of our Captains.

Captain (and HoP) isn't the job you play if you want to play every role on the station, you're expected to delegate and only perform important jobs when no one else is available.

So please, don't go crazy in Botany, or complete RnD to arm yourself to the teeth with the results, not only is it incredibly meta, but it also ruins the experience for those of us who signed on to play these roles and can't just switch to another job on a whim.

Of course, I'm not sure about the server leaderships official view on this kind of behavior, but on other servers this is generally the case.
antitheology
New to the forum

Postby Aces » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:06 pm

I thought Byond had a Linux version.

Also
antitheology wrote:A friendly reminder to all of our Captains.

Captain (and HoP) isn't the job you play if you want to play every role on the station, you're expected to delegate and only perform important jobs when no one else is available.

So please, don't go crazy in Botany, or complete RnD to arm yourself to the teeth with the results, not only is it incredibly meta, but it also ruins the experience for those of us who signed on to play these roles and can't just switch to another job on a whim.

Of course, I'm not sure about the server leaderships official view on this kind of behavior, but on other servers this is generally the case.

This is correct and is in fact a rule. Rule 2: Stay in your own department.

HoP has the ability to fill in for any absent head (excluding HoS). But that doesn't mean "Do everyone's job in that department." Just manage them.

Anyone doing this frequently, I wanna know about so I can warn them. If it persists I will job ban them.

Besides, if the Captain or HoP wants to do botany just as a leisurely thing, they can order their own hydroponics trays.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby maraudingmarauder » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:10 pm

Wait, hydro trays are orderable now? I've been spending too much time out of cargo.
maraudingmarauder
???

Postby Aces » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:13 pm

maraudingmarauder wrote:Wait, hydro trays are orderable now? I've been spending too much time out of cargo.

It was a recent update.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby warbrand4 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:35 pm

[WARNING: RAMBLING IDEA BELLOW]

Ok I think this may be impossible but I have an idea for a job type for the station, animal technician. The job its self would be simple you get a small sub station like mining does, and on that station is things like cows, chickens, space carp, and monkeys which can be breed for food or supply points for the station.

I know this is most likely impossible and will not be considered but it would add some flavor to the station. The big part of this idea is an orbiter given to the V.O.R.E station for food production at least on paper, the real reason is NT needs some one to research Xeno morphs, and the V.O.R.E station deals with them hostile or not better then most stations. (aka not having to have the station blown up to deal with the threat)

Uses of a job like this.

1. If mobs like monkeys ever become digestible a job like this would give an unlimited supply of none intelligent creatures for nomming.
2. would give a second off station job, which means more opportunity for events, involving animals.

Lore excuse.

as the v.o.r.e station has been well known in the fact it is one of the few successful stations NT has tehy have decided to equip the station with an orbiter farming unit, this unit is an extension of the cooking and science departments, allowing for mass production of foods, and animals for research. this add will require minimal station work as it is an orbital unit, though the unit does have a generator that requires plasma to power, similar to the mining station.

JOB WORK
1. tending to cows, chickens, goats, monkeys, bees, giant spiders and space carp. (mostly for food and food items)
2. plant research and effects. (basically a area of botany which is suppose to be growing lethal plants for research)
3. xenomorph reactionary research.
lore: along with this station is a xenomorph nest which will start with nothing but a few eggs and monkeys, this nest has a quick burn lock down function and has no ventilation or power connections to the rest of the orbiter, it also has a daul airlock to enter with a space bridge between th airlocks. This is the dangerous part of the job, as any worker to take this job will be able to breed and attempt to gain behavioral information on wild xenomorphs in a controlled environment.
ingame reason: give a secondary excuse for players wanting to play xenos, this lab would have an item near it that allows workers to put there "mind" into a xeno egg.

Items that would need to be made.
1. shock collars
reason: used on teh xeno's and goats to prevent attacking... mostly on the goats.
2. some sort of modified cloning bay.
reason: the devise used to transfer minds to a xeno egg.
3. webbing and honey fluff items
reason: honey harvested from bees for the kitchen, webbing harvested from spiders for science (could be turned into plasma steal?)

Things that would be needed on the orbiter
1. hydroponics bays.
2. mutagen dispencers.
3. seeds
4. monkey cubes, and feed for animals.
5. some sort of weapon and ammo.
6. bays similar to slimes for the spiders.
7. a large farm area for other animals.
8. break room, which can be locked down in case of emergency.
9. a shuttle which can be accessed by the jobs listed bellow.
10. cameras, that display the xenomorph nest... besides the 2 air locks with a spaced bridge (bridge would have a vent atmosphere control) would be the only way to view the nest.

lay out....
http://imgur.com/f8AjaAk
the blue area is the shuttle to it, the grey boxes are the hostile creature containers. one would have spiders, one a goat (mostly a joke) and the other empty, the purple areas are generator rooms, teh area with blue things is the hydroponics bay (room in it is supply room,) green area is cow and chickens, the room on the bottom of the green area is the proccessing room. (would have meat hooks, gibbers, fridges with egg containers, a disposal and cleaning supplies.) the second half of the station, is not concepted yet, but the one room there is the break room, with the green things being air locks, one leads to a space carp "fishing" area, the other to the xeno research area, said area has its own power supply, and the access area would have a door into the area but no windows to view in the area, instead it would all be camera based.
For scale, the spider pens would be 3x3 boxes and the generator bellow them would be the same. (sorry image is not to scale) basicly think of this orbiter being about the same size as science on the main station (minus robotics)

who would have access.
for work wise, xenobiologists, cooks, botany, the job for this, assistants, medical, and security would have access to this, each for different reasons.
Xenobio: for tending to the xeno morphs, spiders, and rarely for slime related things (I will go into detail only if this is considered)
Cooks: for access to the meat from the animals, eggs, milk, honey, and the plants.
Botany: for research on the plants, though access to this will be discuraged unless there are two botanists.
animal technician: tend to the animals and make sure none die, also make sure the spiders and xeno's do not escape.
Medical and security: medical cause working with at least three dangerous animals, (goats, spiders, and xeno.) (goats are dangerous)
assistants: cause some one has to clean up the place.

Special things about the orbiter
1. has empty creature bays, which would rarely have special creatures delivered to them.
2. if spawning in locations is ever set up, one of said bays could be a spawn point for some players (Thinking the deathclaws)
3. being an orbiter set to orbit around the station, it is isolated from the station meaning if the xeno's break out all the station has to do, is call in a strike on it. (aka allows dangerous things to happen while not being a danger to most the RP events, even if the dangerous thing is an RP heavy event as well)

reasoning for this suggestion
1. right now the most dangerous job on the station is xeno bio, all others are relitively safe, this works great for RP, but this leads to action on the station resulting in a large amount of RP events being wrecked. (which is annoying) a highly dangerous job off station which has only minimal ways to effect the station would allow for dangerous and leathal RP events to happen with out wrecking it for the majority of the server. This would also allow for a job which while dangerous would be rather tame unless something goes wrong.
2. This job would be helpful to the station as it would allow greater excuses/ access for items or events on the station, as well as more organic characters to not feel out of place while working the station.
3. A job unique to the station, which has a worker experimenting with the only well known vore creature in universe would fit the station well, would also give excuses for vore based mobs to be put on the station or even the asteroid for mining.
4. this job could be tied to the major objectives of the V.O.R.E station, as it could be used to research strange and unique life forms found either by NT, on the asteroid, or through third party things.

Note: I have a large amount of details on this job mocked up, though I know most will require spiriting and work to create the research and event paths... including a rework of the xenomorph code (which is needed anyway from what I have been reading). I can say this I will be able to help with the spiriting, just need to know the size I will be working in, and what is needed from me. (though I am best at items, and will need a template for example of what I need to do)

Aka if this is even considered I can and will help work on outlining, making items, and other things.... also this would allow for events in server where the station has to work on building the orbiter, and the stations targeted defense for in case the orbiter is over run. (think big gun in security or something)
just an RPG maker mapper,
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Mech__Warrior » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:51 am

Warbrand, that probably would work better as a separate Z-level or something, but I did have something in mind for a xenomorph habitat. I'll think of something.
Sorry for not posting, in college and stuff. Also, exams are this week. >.<
Mech__Warrior
???

Location: You could be proxy man. IMMA FIREWALLIN' MAH LAZOR!!

Postby maraudingmarauder » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:06 am

During the course of an investigation and no small amount of highly frustrating diplomacy with the clown planet representatives, the final entries of the C.S.S. Calypso's logs have been leaked to the press by an anonymous centcomm staffer. The log was reportedly recovered aboard a lifeboat that launched from the Calypso shortly before the station's destruction and spent some time adrift before the autopilot locked onto Virgo Orbital's docking arm.

2554-11-24
Base camp has been established at survey site A and construction of planetside shuttle dock has been completed. The dig team have been waiting for this moment for years, a chance to unearth a monument that has lain untouched for thousands of years. So many secrets, so many lost treasures, and we will be the ones to bring them to the fore once again, to show that our civilisation is not a joke. This will be a momentous occasion.

2554-11-29
The dig team have located a small structure 2.3km SSW of the shuttle dock. Upon further investigation, the entire hill upon which it sits appears to have been artificially constructed! Further survey equipment is en-route, initial scans indicate some sort of vast complex beneath, and the team believe they may have found the entrance.

2554-12-01
Well, they found the entrance. A great stone door with a lead seal. We have yet to translate the markings. Probably telling us to stay out, but since when have our people ever done that? Honk.

2554-12-02
The dig team have reported vast halls filled with writings, huge inscriptions upon the far wall facing the door - the images are truly breathtaking! I haven't seen a translation, but the markings on the door apparently warned of some terrible curse. It doesn't seem to have dissuaded the dig team though. If anything, they're in better spirits than ever.

2554-12-04
Security had to break up a fight in the mess today. One of the archaeologists had a joke to tell and became violent upon being told we'd probably heard it before. Ruffled everyone's feathers a bit, but everyone seemed to laugh it off.

2554-12-07
Security was stepped up to condition blue today. Something about the joke, the crew are getting obsessed with it, graffiti on the walls, smashing windows and screaming over comms. Tooters and I didn't hear what they said, what little we did make out was.. just noise. Medical have been doing what they can, but so far haven't isolated any kind of virus.

2554-12-08:1
Red alert authorised by Captain Honkington and First Officer Tooters. Things have progressed to a full-on riot. Contact with medical has been lost.
It's the joke, they brought them there, passed it on, the doctors heard it. Warden Clankers managed to get the earmuffs from the firing range, we're going to try and make a break for the launch.

2554-12-08:2
Dear god, they got Tooters. Pulled the earmuffs right off his head and screamed in his ears, the poor sod just started.. giggling. Clankers and I got away, we're holed up in the engine room.
We're going to rig the engines to blow. God, code Delta? How did a joke come to this?

Date unknown
Clankers didn't make it. Last I saw, he was shutting off the coolant and pouring plasma into the gas mix, then... nothing but fire. I just managed to make it to the launch before the core blew, didn't even reach the cockpit, just hit the emergency boosters. I have idea what the hell they found down there, what sort of thing could twist a crew of upstanding clowns into such... parodies of their former selves. I don't know how long I've been drifting, it could be days and I haven't been able to bring myself to even take the helm. I can only hope that whatever horrible secrets they dug up down there died with them.

Date unknown
I just heard a noise. Oh god, please let me be alone.

Date unknown
Oh god they're here. Some of them made it, I can hear them. What the hell did I do to deserve this? I can't even count the sounds, there must be over a dozen of them, dear god how did they fit so many of them into that tiny cockpit?

Oh holy honkmonther preserve me, this isn't funny. This isn't funny at a-

HONK
maraudingmarauder
???

Postby Pyro » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:11 am

Hahah, I remember that one. Kayleen really freaked out when she heard it was a memetic weapon.
Pyro
Somewhat familiar

Postby C-B-A » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:15 am

you know on SS13 general threads on 4chan /vg/ vore servers are mentioned a ton, I was getting ideas for server addons for my server and a few kept bringing up the vore mechanics as things I should add, not going too but it's funny how common place vore is now in the 4chan ss13 community die to servers like this :lol:
C-B-A
Heavy user

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game