Post removed

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Multiplayer scifi RPG, VORE Station (Now with shark peop

Postby maraudingmarauder » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:24 am

Actually, what happened on /vg/ was that one day their server went down and for a joke they redirected it to point at ours. There was a little trolling but most of them seem to have taken it as a laugh. xD
maraudingmarauder
???

Postby hernextmeal » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:49 am

eatmeplease wrote:Sounds good! Now all I need is Linux support and I'm good to go.

ultimated wrote:I'd recommend an emulator program, like Wine. I've not seen it pulled off FUNCTIONALLY yet

Yes, BYOND's client runs in Wine. (BYOND is basically the engine used to run the game.) You'll need to also install IE and a bunch of DLLs though, and to do that you'll need to be able to copy commands into a terminal (replace "/your/prefix/path" with a readable writable folder you want BYOND to go in.)

From https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... &iId=29560:

BYOND is best installed within it's own win32 architecture prefix. Assuming a prefix of 'your/prefix/path', run the following to set up a prefix to install BYOND under:

Code: Select all
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=your/prefix/path wineboot
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=your/prefix/path winetricks wsh56 wsh57 jscript mfc42 vcrun6
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=your/prefix/path winetricks ie7
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=your/prefix/path winetricks ie8

Then, using WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=your/prefix/path you can run the installer:

WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=your/prefix/path wine 501.1217_byond.exe

Then, to run BYOND:

WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=your/prefix/path wine "C:\Program Files\BYOND\bin\byond.exe"

It's almost unusuably buggy, but then again, that's not Wine, that's just BYOND being a piece of shit. Only bug I've found running it in Wine that wasn't there in Windows was garbage around the viewport when the window is re-sized, but that's just cosmetic. Also, if you don't install Flash in your Wine prefix, most of the ads don't load, but personally, I'm pretty OK with that :)

ultimated wrote:but if you DO manage to get a program that can emulate the .exe from windows into another OS, let me know so I can run a non-vore server with my IRL friends every so often >.>

Aces wrote:I thought Byond had a Linux version.

There's a Linux version of the server, but not the client. So you need the Windows version to play, but if you want to set up a server, it means you could use something like http://www.openshift.com
hernextmeal
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby eatmeplease » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:05 pm

Yeah, if its that buggy then forget it.
eatmeplease
---

Postby hernextmeal » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:46 pm

eatmeplease wrote:Yeah, if its that buggy then forget it.

Not really, we just joke about it.
hernextmeal
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aces » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:22 am

Just so you guys know, I am absolutely overrun right now with special item requests. So here's some rules.

In order to make the process less brainmelting for me, to get a custom item added to the game, it must fulfill the following or I'm not adding it.

1. It's an item that I allow. That means I'm going to reject stupid shit like special snowflake katanas and assault rifles and ex-elite military uniforms or magic wands. Things I will probably say yes to are things like clothes or accessories or meaningless trinkets. Stuff that won't give you an unfair advantage.
2. You have all the sprites and any special code for your item already handled. I'm not teaching you how to do this. I do not have time to do this. This is not my job. I do this for free. I'm not helping you. Go to the Baystation or TG forums and look up spriting guides. As for the code, if it's just a reskin of an existing item, then let me handle the code, but if it's a totally new item, you do the code yourself. If you just want a renamed version of an existing item, skip this step.
3. Required files (if applicable) are put into a .zip and uploaded to dropbox and sent to me in an Eka's PM including your Byond username and your character's full name. You must also include what the item's name and description is to be. Also include a bit of backstory as to why the item is important to them. Doesn't have to be long.

Note that if sprite quality is not up to standards with the icons already in the server, I will also reject it. (This has only happened once so far I think.)

If you do not follow these instructions, I will not add your item, because although I love adding fluff items, I am too busy between coding for the rest of the server to be bothered with troubleshooting your fluff item.
Last edited by Aces on Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Mech__Warrior » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:40 am

C-B-A wrote:you know on SS13 general threads on 4chan /vg/ vore servers are mentioned a ton, I was getting ideas for server addons for my server and a few kept bringing up the vore mechanics as things I should add, not going too but it's funny how common place vore is now in the 4chan ss13 community die to servers like this :lol:

Well, people are dedicated to the vore fetish and we consistently have 20-40 people every night, and everyone likes SS13 with more people on. Our server also didn't immediately start banning people from /vg/, unlike the other one. Don't know why Jer did it, but I guess the /vg/ers would have found a way onto our server anyway, so we just let them on and we all had a good time, even won some of them over. I think that's the special thing; you aren't required to like vore in order to have fun. :)
Sorry for not posting, in college and stuff. Also, exams are this week. >.<
Mech__Warrior
???

Location: You could be proxy man. IMMA FIREWALLIN' MAH LAZOR!!

Postby C-B-A » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:43 am

Mech__Warrior wrote:
C-B-A wrote:you know on SS13 general threads on 4chan /vg/ vore servers are mentioned a ton, I was getting ideas for server addons for my server and a few kept bringing up the vore mechanics as things I should add, not going too but it's funny how common place vore is now in the 4chan ss13 community die to servers like this :lol:

Well, people are dedicated to the vore fetish and we consistently have 20-40 people every night, and everyone likes SS13 with more people on. Our server also didn't immediately start banning people from /vg/, unlike the other one. Don't know why Jer did it, but I guess the /vg/ers would have found a way onto our server anyway, so we just let them on and we all had a good time, even won some of them over. I think that's the special thing; you aren't required to like vore in order to have fun. :)

yeah I guess, I acualy played on the vore server for the first time last night, it was fun, but then I went back to adding custom shit to my server, less fun but eh :lol:
Regional mad scientist and belly inspector
C-B-A
Heavy user

Postby eatmeplease » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:24 am

hernextmeal wrote:
eatmeplease wrote:Yeah, if its that buggy then forget it.

Not really, we just joke about it.

Sorry, even in person I often can't tell when people are joking. But still, I already need a separate wineprefix for Steam, I don't want yet another. I'll try it in the default wineprefix.
eatmeplease
---

Postby C-B-A » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:36 am

so I added to custom mob into my server code, (it's built off the bear code) after compiling everything is good and nothing is broken, but in the server when I go "debug, spawn" I can't find it in the hostile mob list.

any ideas?

again this is just basic bay code

*edit*

never mind I fixed it.
C-B-A
Heavy user

Postby Aces » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:08 am

Mech__Warrior wrote:

Well the /vg/ people aren't dicks. I mean, yea, they raided us, but that whole day was fucking hysterical. I even put up a plaque in their honor.

Then when they got redirected at us again a few weeks later, whether intentionally or not, that was when my grandmother died and I basically asked them, "Could ya not?" And they actually backed off and wished the best for me and went about their business.

I have incredible respect for /vg/ for their actions.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby C-B-A » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:50 pm

Aces wrote:
Mech__Warrior wrote:

Well the /vg/ people aren't dicks. I mean, yea, they raided us, but that whole day was fucking hysterical. I even put up a plaque in their honor.

Then when they got redirected at us again a few weeks later, whether intentionally or not, that was when my grandmother died and I basically asked them, "Could ya not?" And they actually backed off and wished the best for me and went about their business.

I have incredible respect for /vg/ for their actions.

oh yeah /vg/are generally good people, the KSP/g people are depressing but the ss13 ones are alright, ive even used those threads to get ideas for what to add to my server.
C-B-A
Heavy user

Postby Aces » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:16 am

So we've now been running for over a year and doing pretty damn well. But there's some community issues I want to address long before they become serious problems. I'll be making an announcement to be published on the servers soon.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby maraudingmarauder » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:16 am

Just as a note to everyone, 'cause this has happened a couple of times of late - outright insulting or cursing out other players in OOC is not acceptable, and is liable to get you banned until you cool off.
maraudingmarauder
???

Postby Jumpsy22 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:34 am

Untill you cool off, my other account was permabanned lol
Gee, could have at least made it a 3 month ban ((been about 3 months, I think??))
I think I've cooled off, its been 3 months
Jumpsy22
New to the forum

Postby Aces » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:25 am

Jumpsy22 wrote:Untill you cool off, my other account was permabanned lol
Gee, could have at least made it a 3 month ban ((been about 3 months, I think??))
I think I've cooled off, its been 3 months

You can appeal you know. If it's been that long and I can't remember why you got banned, it's usually not worth keeping the ban in place. PM me to appeal. Appealing on the forum tends not to go very well.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aces » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:02 am

We had some down time this morning but everything is back online now. Damned automated updates.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aces » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:09 pm

Important emergency announcement!

We're in a spot of trouble with server money right now! For a hopefully short time, the server will require donations to continue operating!

I'm waiting to hear back from my host if the bill has been paid for this month. If it has, then we're good for a month. If it hasn't, then we may require a teeny bit of emergency spending money ASAP.

Now, as any of you have donated already know, that money has gone toward mostly food and emergency expenditures, some of it goes toward the other developers and sprite artists who contribute a lot to the server, and there was even one occasion where I had to use $350 of it for emergency car repairs so I could keep going to college. You guys have bailed me out of so much with the donations you've given, over a thousand dollars total, and we still have some left so we're not fucked yet. You guys have been absolutely great to me about donations and I feel bad having to directly ask everyone for money. Last weekend, I had no food in my apartment, no money on my credit card, and no money in my savings account. You guys donated $80 to me via paypal over last weekend and I spent $38 of it on food over the weekend's duration. There's still $42 left. If I need to, I can funnel in the last $18 to pay the monthly server bill and WE WILL BE OKAY THIS MONTH SO DON'T PANIC YET.

However this is only a temporary fix.

Until Jake (aka Kelse) gets access to funding again, we have no money set aside as of this moment to support the server directly. I will have to do so out of pocket if there are no donations to help me--and I do not have a lot of money to spend out of pocket. So I'm calling on the community to help until this gets resolved.

UPDATE: Almost immediately, the $60 requirement for the month was met and I'm very grateful for everyone's donations. We could always use more of course, but we'll be good for the duration of this month.

UPDATE 2: Payment was processed!
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby tonyvld » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:24 pm

Hey guys glad everything is ok now, but I do have a question, may I get feedback on my character Tony Bingham? Good or bad, that way I can improve on him.
A kind twin tailed fennec kitsune.
tonyvld
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aces » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:05 pm

tonyvld wrote:Hey guys glad everything is ok now, but I do have a question, may I get feedback on my character Tony Bingham? Good or bad, that way I can improve on him.

Good place to ask is the Skype group. If you are not in the Skype group I can add you. PM me your Skype info if need be. Alternatively, you could strike up LOOC conversation in the bar. The bar is a good IC/OOC chat area.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Entirely_Logical » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:45 am

I feel like I may have done something weird in the current cycle. Something that probably shouldn't have been possible involving ghosting and the cloning of one's self that effectively resulted in three of the same character being on the map at once... But as I was the only one who could get to medical at the time, no one else saw.

I'd declared that run as non-canon to the character ages ago, though.
Entirely_Logical
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game