Post removed

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Multiplayer scifi RPG, VORE Station (Now with shark peop

Postby Pyro » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:18 pm

That's a know bug. If you have a clone-scan, but respawn as a different character, being cloned will yank you away from your current body to the clone. Usually, if you switch characters and still have a scan, you'll want to ask in OOC for someone in command to delete your old scan record.
Pyro
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aces » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:28 pm

I should try to add a prompt that somehow checks if you're alive or dead. If you're alive in any body, it goes; "Someone is trying to clone your old body. Do you want to be cloned?"

Not sure how I'd check for that but I can try to figure it out.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Mech__Warrior » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:41 am

Aces wrote:I should try to add a prompt that somehow checks if you're alive or dead. If you're alive in any body, it goes; "Someone is trying to clone your old body. Do you want to be cloned?"

I think I got that message once, I can't remember how. I'll have to go digging for it again.
Sorry for not posting, in college and stuff. Also, exams are this week. >.<
Mech__Warrior
???

Location: You could be proxy man. IMMA FIREWALLIN' MAH LAZOR!!

Postby killer653 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:47 am

Aces wrote:I should try to add a prompt that somehow checks if you're alive or dead. If you're alive in any body, it goes; "Someone is trying to clone your old body. Do you want to be cloned?"

It's in /TG/ code already, here's the code for it: https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-statio ... ame/dna.dm

It goes and tells you "Your corpse has been placed into a cloning scanner. Return to your body if you want to be cloned!</span> (Verbs -> Ghost -> Re-enter corpse)"" so you know someone is trying to clone you.

Cheers!
killer653
New to the forum

Postby Aces » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:59 pm

killer653 wrote:

It's in /TG/ code already, here's the code for it: https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-statio ... ame/dna.dm

It goes and tells you "Your corpse has been placed into a cloning scanner. Return to your body if you want to be cloned!</span> (Verbs -> Ghost -> Re-enter corpse)"" so you know someone is trying to clone you.

Cheers!

Not quite what I mean. We have that already.

The problem we're talking about occurs when you've respawned on another character, but someone clones your old character. Your new character is made catatonic, but the old one is revived.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby killer653 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:51 am

Aces wrote:
killer653 wrote:

Cheers!

Not quite what I mean. We have that already.

The problem we're talking about occurs when you've respawned on another character, but someone clones your old character. Your new character is made catatonic, but the old one is revived.

Ah, maybe a thing that when you try to clone someone it checks to see if they are currently in another body/character, and if so, it acts as if the person that was in that body left the game could work? Or you could do a thing that when a person respawns it deletes their cloning records from the genetics database.
killer653
New to the forum

Postby OrbisA » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:33 pm

Couldn't you just check if the mob was a ghost and clone if so?
OrbisA
New to the forum

Postby Aces » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:57 pm

OrbisA wrote:Couldn't you just check if the mob was a ghost and clone if so?

Could be that easy. I have to look at the code when I'm not busy elsewhere.

Code for school has been more important lately. That is why updates have been so few and far between over the last month.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby tonyvld » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:05 pm

Is the server down? I can't get on, and I wasn't banned and the other byond servers are up so whats up?
A kind twin tailed fennec kitsune.
tonyvld
Somewhat familiar

Postby OrbisA » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:51 pm

Don't worry tony, you are not banned, the server ip returns pings, so it's probably either a server update or the server is down for maintenance, (that is, the program server, not the physicall server) having said that, as other poster mentioned, /tg/ code uses the ghost system, but I can't remember if they also had a mind system for it and such, so much code to review >.<
OrbisA
New to the forum

Postby Aces » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:13 am

No, some boob tried to run a Counter Strike server on the same port as our server, from our serverbox. The issue has since been corrected. You should be able to connect just fine now.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aces » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:02 pm

April 1st Update

Due to needs for me to pay for college and pay the other devs, we will be adding a new payment system that will allow users to buy things! This is DIFFERENT from the donation system and your donations DO NOT COUNT toward these purchases.

From now on, the following changes shall occur.
- Players will not be able to play Sergals, IPC (machine race), or Diona, due to them being OP and heavily abused. However, for an easy $5 payment, you may unlock one of these species and be whitelisted.
- Players can buy demi-human accessories to spawn on their character. $1 for cat ears, $2 for kitsune ears or wolf ears, $3 for bear ears, $4 for bee-demi accessories, $5 to be a succubus of any kind, and $10 for Xenomorph or Deathclaw accessories.
- Players can play full fledged Xenomorphs for a one-time payment of $20. They will have their own spawn area on the map.
- Players can play as Syndicate for a one-time payment of $30. They will also have their own spawn area on the map. In fact, they already do! I've been working on it and it's done now.
- Players can play as a Space Wizard for a one-time payment of $100.
- Players who were banned from the server can now pay a fine to be unbanned. The cost will be adjusted to the severity of what got them banned. Additionally, permanent bans can only be removed by paying a fine. If you got permanently banned, it's pretty obvious that any appeal you're making is just saying sorry for what got you banned and too many people have abused my kindness.
- Players may now buy weapon permits and be spawned with the weapon in their permit. Cost is $0.25 per point of damage the weapon can do if it's melee, and $0.50 if it's ranged.
- Players who pay $500 will be given the ability to spawn items and will gain a VIP status.

We hope everyone enjoys the new updates.

For payments, do not use the donation button on the first page. Those are donations and you'll only confuse me if you're stupid enough to donate money and demand something you're supposed to pay for and I won't refund you because you were stupid. To pay for these new perks, click the button below!

EDIT: Obviously this was a joke. The "Paypal" button leads to this.
Last edited by Aces on Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Pyro » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:45 pm

Jesus Christ, it took you THIS LONG to realize that sergals are overpowered?

Honestly.
Last edited by Pyro on Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pyro
Somewhat familiar

Postby Mech__Warrior » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:26 am

Jer, we all know that money is just going into your pizza stockpile, which is gonna make you even fatter. That fatness is going to make everybody else fat and have a higher risk of heart disease. :v
Sorry for not posting, in college and stuff. Also, exams are this week. >.<
Mech__Warrior
???

Location: You could be proxy man. IMMA FIREWALLIN' MAH LAZOR!!

Postby warbrand4 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:52 am

*puts one cent into the strange blue box* Knowing this place I probably just bought the server.
just an RPG maker mapper,
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Hoodoo » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:42 am

Two whole dollars for wolf ears?! Looks like Holly's getting her ears and tail removed.
Hoodoo
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Comito » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:29 pm

What next? Pay to change the colors of your ears?
Comito
Been posting for a bit

Postby ultimated » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:10 pm

Shush, you'll give him ideas D:
Find my prefs here!

Posting more often now! PM me if you like, but I might still be slow to respond!
ultimated
Heavy user

Postby four_fleets » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:53 pm

I chose the right time to quit the server. Unless.. Well. You buggers can figure out the punchline.

I'm still waiting for Womby Birds.
  I wonder if you'll visit This thread?  

I finally found out how to use BBCcode.
four_fleets
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aces » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:16 pm

I lol'd at how many people initially fell for this. Happy April Fool's Day everyone.

It is now April 2nd and time for a more serious update. Nightwing is working on finishing NPC vore. Also sorry for the delay on avian species. We keep trying to do sprites for them that aren't complete shit, but we aren't satisfied with the current results.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game