Post removed

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Multiplayer scifi RPG, VORE Station (Nagas added!)

Postby Aces » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:06 pm

warbrand4 wrote:Suggestion for the server and absorb feature for preds, this would work like the digestion feature only once the prey hits crit instead of being turned into a ghost they are put in a hidden space on teh pred and absorbed, this means they are dead but can still talk to teh pred. Absorbed prey would have only a very local whisper as talking, this whisper would only be heard by teh pred and no one else will even know it would happen.

Besides base line absorbing some Vore ways would have text description things if innabled by the pred.

oral
1. fat absorb, pred is stated to be fatter after absorbing the prey
2. figure absorb, pred is stated to be more shaply after absorbing the prey

breast vore
1. size absorb; pred is stated to have larger breasts then normal
2. milk absorb; pred is stated to be leaking milk

This could be difficult to program but I recall Scree liked the idea of non-fatal absorption. I'd been tossing the idea around in my head. I might do this.

The breast part 1 is already a feature, but part 2 is something we are already planning to add.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby warbrand4 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:47 pm

Another suggestion

Prey and pred vision and hearing restrictions.

these would be options for characters that would change how they "act" while eaten or while having some one in.

PREY
see out: yes always(default), yes pred allowed, no never
info: if yes allwas prey will see and hear everything around the pred like normal, yes pred allowed means they will only see out if the pred has it stated that the prey can see out, no never makes the prey basicly blind while eaten only seeing and hearing the preds actions.

hear comms: yes, no
info: weather the prey hears a preds com.

obvious there: Yes all, yes pred, no
info: yes is default current, yes pred, is only the pred "sees" and hears the prey" no means no one hears them. (no is unlikely to ever be used)

PRED
See out: yes, no
info: tells weather a prey can see out of the pred, option is here for the yes pred part for the prey options.

EDIT 1:
idea for xeno's

asteroid xeno nest
info: allows up to 3 players to spawn as job xenomorph, said players will spawn as drones in an open nest on the asteroid. In the nest would be a single translator next to a pool of dried blood.
Xeno info: unlike other stations the xeno's on v.o.r.e station are "tame" they have grown up around the station and have learned to work with it and hunt in it. job wise the xeno's are there purely to work the asteroid and keep the miners in line as a security force for the asteroid. Though they have been known to use their mining access to enter the station and take some assistants back as food.

EDIT 2
idea for character types. (this edit will be added to at other times, right now only has a repost)

new species ideas

harpy
info: has wings instead of hands, holds tools with their feet claws, requires custom hardsuits.
note: I know a harpy wing item would work for this instead but as a character option would make more sense.
Last edited by warbrand4 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
just an RPG maker mapper,
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aces » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:53 pm

One thing at a time, dude. You post a lot of suggestions. We can't keep track of them all. How about you condense them to one post and just edit it any time you get a new idea?
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby warbrand4 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:01 am

ok, will jsut edit the post above, sorry for flooding.
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby maraudingmarauder » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:11 am

Aces wrote:
warbrand4 wrote:Suggestion for the server and absorb feature for preds, this would work like the digestion feature only once the prey hits crit instead of being turned into a ghost they are put in a hidden space on teh pred and absorbed, this means they are dead but can still talk to teh pred. Absorbed prey would have only a very local whisper as talking, this whisper would only be heard by teh pred and no one else will even know it would happen.

-snip-

This could be difficult to program but I recall Scree liked the idea of non-fatal absorption. I'd been tossing the idea around in my head. I might do this.

The breast part 1 is already a feature, but part 2 is something we are already planning to add.

I've been brainstorming this with nightwing and we've come up with a simpler way. Making whispers audible to pred only would be good though. If the pred wants to pass on the messages from the prey that'd be up to them. Talking pudge, while amusing, would probably be immersion-breaking. xD
Essentially it'd be its own pseudo-stomach area (like womb/breasts/etc) that the prey could be moved to after a time delay, with zero chance of escape once the struggle code is implemented. Extra descriptions hard-coded into it for the predator looking fatter/more shapely/whatever.. eh. MIGHT be better to just let 'em set pose rather than limiting 'em.
maraudingmarauder
???

Postby SArais » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:09 pm

warbrand4 wrote:EDIT 1:
idea for xeno's

asteroid xeno nest
info: allows up to 3 players to spawn as job xenomorph, said players will spawn as drones in an open nest on the asteroid. In the nest would be a single translator next to a pool of dried blood.
Xeno info: unlike other stations the xeno's on v.o.r.e station are "tame" they have grown up around the station and have learned to work with it and hunt in it. job wise the xeno's are there purely to work the asteroid and keep the miners in line as a security force for the asteroid. Though they have been known to use their mining access to enter the station and take some assistants back as food.

As much as I like xenos, I will have to say no.

Xenos are INCREDIBLY prone to violent outbursts of rage (Read: always angry all the time) even when capable of being around others without killing everyone. Taming a xeno is both physically and literally impossible.
SArais

Postby Mech__Warrior » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:25 pm

warbrand4 wrote:EDIT 1:
idea for xeno's

asteroid xeno nest

Well, I suppose there could be something similar to this canonly. Harmony did spawn a 'nonhostile' xenomorph queen using gold slime extract, and after Jer's bungling and a few misunderstandings, she had to shoot her 'daughter' into deep space to protect her. For a while, I wanted the 'daughter' to come back, but it's been so long ago (Probably late January last year or February), I'm not sure if the queen would remember her or not. As for a security force on the asteroid, you really don't need one there since people hardly visit the asteroid and there really aren't antagonists that use the asteroid, though, I don't think that idea should be fully excluded.
Sorry for not posting, in college and stuff. Also, exams are this week. >.<
Mech__Warrior
???

Location: You could be proxy man. IMMA FIREWALLIN' MAH LAZOR!!

Postby RexMundi » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:27 pm

Ok, posting here to ask. as a long time player back int he day on Baystation 12, i ask, has anytihng major changed since then in terms of rules and such? and can i observe a round?
Also, is it all freeform, or traitor still prevalent?
RexMundi
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aces » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:00 pm

SArais wrote:As much as I like xenos, I will have to say no.

Xenos are INCREDIBLY prone to violent outbursts of rage (Read: always angry all the time) even when capable of being around others without killing everyone. Taming a xeno is both physically and literally impossible.

This I agree with.

Xenos will never be an openly playable race for this reason. Ever.

We have a handful of exceptions to the usual nature of Xenos, all admin-spawned, and we have IC and OOC reasons for it. The OOC reason being the player using them are long time players and well trusted to play Xenos well. The IC reasons being, for example... Snag, the most famous of them, believes we are her hive. If put into a foreign environment, she'd revert to her usual hostilities that are Xeno nature. Any time we have a 'tame' Xeno on station, I require there be at least one Xenobiologist present to cater to them.

And even then they usually still fuck off and cause trouble and security kills them and the Xenobiologist cries. :P

One of our earliest non-antag Xenos was literally captured after gorging its self on like, six crew members, so the crew caught it, CentComm lobotomized it, and gave it back to the Xenobiology crew. They basically made it retarded and docile. Though I haven't played this creature in ages. Because it's dead. Died in captivity.

We recently shook things up reminding the crew that XENOS ARE VERY DANGEROUS by unleashing several very angry Xenos with a queen hunting for a new nest. I took great pleasure in decapitating the one guy who thought he could 1v1 a Sentinel with nothing but a flamethrower and a bomb suit. (Try to be grorious mary sue hero station needs? Ding dong gurgle.) But every now and then I have to shitstomp on the idea that wild xenomorphs are docile, friendly creatures, by shattering people's cuddly perception of Xenos. I could argue that the only reason they act docile, on occasion, is they're putting on a show so they can escape with their lives and return to their nest and say, "THERE'S FOOD HERE!"

So whenever there's a WILD XENO and the crew fails to kill or capture it, I usually follow it up eventually with a much less forgiving event.

Mech__Warrior wrote:Well, I suppose there could be something similar to this canonly. Harmony did spawn a 'nonhostile' xenomorph queen using gold slime extract, and after Jer's bungling and a few misunderstandings, she had to shoot her 'daughter' into deep space to protect her. For a while, I wanted the 'daughter' to come back, but it's been so long ago (Probably late January last year or February), I'm not sure if the queen would remember her or not. As for a security force on the asteroid, you really don't need one there since people hardly visit the asteroid and there really aren't antagonists that use the asteroid, though, I don't think that idea should be fully excluded.

See, in the case where a Xeno is actually born into captivity, I can justify the excuse of "The Xeno thinks we're part of her nest." I believe this was the case with Snag. I forget. But I'm pretty sure it was. If Xenos were violent against their own hive, they would not survive as a species. You don't see ants getting into fights with their own nest after all--unless there's something seriously wrong with the nest like a disease.

RexMundi wrote:Ok, posting here to ask. as a long time player back int he day on Baystation 12, i ask, has anytihng major changed since then in terms of rules and such? and can i observe a round?
Also, is it all freeform, or traitor still prevalent?

You should read the rules. I have no idea what they used to be before I ran this server. They're on the first post.

Traitor rounds are not prevalent. Traitor rounds are very prevalent. I'm not telling you. We use "extended" game mode if that is what you're asking, but admins will occasionally shake things up with events. We just won't tell you so you can't metagame it by arming yourself to the teeth in anticipation of a traitor or malf AI or blob or Xenos or whatever.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby RexMundi » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:29 pm

ok, read the rules, and no meta game, good. can't wait to see the fun that goes on~
RexMundi
Been posting for a bit

Postby warbrand4 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:38 pm

Hey could you guys tie character sized to character creation, getting tired of having to resize every time I am cloned.
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby RexMundi » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:20 am

Gunna log in to watch a round, holy fuck this server seems cool the more i read on it
Edit: time to sleep on thinking of a name. and char..
RexMundi
Been posting for a bit

Postby ultimated » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:11 pm

@Warbrand, it's literally what, three clicks to resize? Four if the resize tab isn't open? It's a planned feature, but I'm not working on it right now.
Find my prefs here!

Posting more often now! PM me if you like, but I might still be slow to respond!
ultimated
Heavy user

Postby Anton » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:51 pm

I think I -may- have discovered a bug for you guys during the last round I played - I was eaten and digested by one player, who was then swallowed by another later on while I was still spectating the first and once they were eaten entirely my view was locked to that spot and no amount of follow/jump to mob/teleport commands could unstick it from that tile. I had to turn into a mouse and re-ghost just to be able to move around again.

Was this ever reported before, or is it news to you guys?
Anton
Participator

Postby warbrand4 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:54 pm

sounds like a screen freeze, it happens rarely if you leave and rejoin it fixes that 99% of the time.
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Anton » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:01 pm

warbrand4 wrote:sounds like a screen freeze, it happens rarely if you leave and rejoin it fixes that 99% of the time.

I pondered the same, but I could still see people moving along in the background and past my view the whole while.

Could it still be considered a screen freeze even then?
Anton
Participator

Postby warbrand4 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:04 pm

Nope sounds like you actually found a bug.
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby maraudingmarauder » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:05 pm

OOC tab, cancel camera view.
maraudingmarauder
???

Postby SArais » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:35 pm

Keep in mind that anyone nearby a xeno will likely wonder why they're suddenly in a neon green space.

This is probably worse with the queens who will likely gorge themselves senseless on literally any poor sod they can get their hands on.
SArais

Postby warbrand4 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:55 am

Ok, I love snag, cool little pet xeno but it is sad that the player can't do much with her. Xeno's should atleast be able to carry things like micros and unbirth, come on they are feral beasts that only wish the expand there hives or in snags case help. I could see ferals seeing a micro and thinking bring to queen for food, or a queen seeing a strong hostile as something to turn into a drone.
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game