Post removed

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Multiplayer scifi RPG: VORE Station (Corrected IP addres

Postby Aces » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:04 am

warbrand4 wrote:Concept area: jungle moon (name temp)

info: as a reward for well work the v.o.r.e station has been set to orbit a jungle moon and has had a shuttle set up to go back and forth from this moon at public access... this moon though has been noted to have hostile life but has breath taking views.

location info: an island on a jungle moon, with a "poisoned" sea around it. the island has a small station with a secondary kitchen and bar as well as a minor research section with supplies for sec(behind locked door) mining and all science areas (extremely limited).

the island its self is heavily overgrown with a central mountain containing huge amounts of plasma and pocket caves of life. the island also has unique animals living on it ranging from a turkey like creature to maybe some large reptiles and even some unique plant life (if given a base sprite I can make any plant sprites needed).

use of island: welll that is where my idea ends this is meant to be open ended.

You wanna map it? Github is available you know.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby warbrand4 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:44 am

uh any one have a guide to making a map for ss13? google is failing me.
just an RPG maker mapper,
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aces » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:12 pm

warbrand4 wrote:google is failing me.

What are you typing into Google anyway?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ss13+map+making
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby JoanRisu » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:07 pm

Writing this down so no one has an excuse to feign ignorance.

Virgo Centcom Memo:
If you do not have a valid reason that is reflected in the Standard Operating Procedures you should not be hanging around and robbing the armory as a Warden, HoS, HoP, or Captain. Your position does not give you license to empty out the only weapons cache on station. Doing so will result in a job suspension and possible termination if the purpose was to terrorize the station.

-- Captain Joan Risu, Centcom Security.
JoanRisu
New to the forum

Postby Aces » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:19 pm

http://forum.vore-station.net WE HAVE A THING GO SIGN UP FOR IT IT'S NOT DONE BUT WE HAVE A THING

Special thanks to Leshana and Arokha for getting the website up and running!
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Multiplayer scifi RPG: VORE Station (New Website!)

Postby Aces » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:24 pm

The website is now functional!
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby warbrand4 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:02 pm

yay.... uh guessing working on porting to the new map and stuff? (as for why the updates to the server seem to have stopped)
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aces » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:01 pm

warbrand4 wrote:yay.... uh guessing working on porting to the new map and stuff? (as for why the updates to the server seem to have stopped)

Yes.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby warbrand4 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:39 pm

ah the weekly bump.... think most the talk on this is now in the forums and chat for it.

so maybe this chat needs repurposed as an update log and question log.
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby C-B-A » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:16 pm

would it be possible to get the shark species code to use in my server? I want an aquatic species to add diversity, then again I could just custom make some.
Regional mad scientist and belly inspector
C-B-A
Heavy user

Re: Multiplayer scifi RPG: VORE Station (New Code!)

Postby Aces » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:11 pm

We FINALLY updated the code. Completely on schedule. Yep. In Valve time.

C-B-A wrote:would it be possible to get the shark species code to use in my server? I want an aquatic species to add diversity, then again I could just custom make some.

Yes. See our Github.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MirceaKitsune » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:52 am

I've been looking at this project, but didn't try it yet since I couldn't figure out how to run it. More specifically what engine it is written in, and where to find and install it properly... especially if you're a Linux user. I remember it being built on top of some weird framework that actually required an account (BYOND), also the website says that Space Station 13 is now dead (but open-source). Can someone detail me on this a bit please?
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Aces » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:11 am

MirceaKitsune wrote:also the website says that Space Station 13 is now dead (but open-source)

It's never been dead and has always been open source so I have no idea what this is about. It's literally BYOND's most active game.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby hernextmeal » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:42 pm

MirceaKitsune wrote:I've been looking at this project, but didn't try it yet since I couldn't figure out how to run it. More specifically what engine it is written in, and where to find and install it properly... especially if you're a Linux user. I remember it being built on top of some weird framework that actually required an account (BYOND), also the website says that Space Station 13 is now dead (but open-source). Can someone detail me on this a bit please?

As for SS13 being dead, well, there was a standalone remake that was attempted that failed, but the original is alive and well.

BYOND client is not supported on Linux. Only the server is. To play BYOND games on Linux, use the Windows version with Wine. Make sure you have the latest versions of Wine and Winetricks installed and prepare for some terminal spelunking.

From Wine AppDB:

To get everything good make sure you use these from a terminal before installing from the same terminal:

Code: Select all
export WINEARCH=win32
export WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.wine32_ss13/
export WINEDEBUG=-all
wineboot
winetricks wsh56 wsh57 jscript mfc42 vcrun2013
winetricks ie7
winetricks ie8

And then finally install byond with whatever installer:

Code: Select all
wine 507.1285_byond.exe

BYOND should now be in your menu, as Wine will install a .desktop file for you. Launch it like any other Linux app.

From the BYOND window, log in with your BYOND account and launch whatever game you want. VORE station isn't listed, so you will need to click Open and paste in the server URL (currently byond://198.27.70.10:2303) manually. Add it to bookmarks if you like and press OK, the game will start up. Since you didn't install Flash in your Wine, you will also have no ads.

If you get a black screen, make sure to disable hardware acceleration in BYOND's settings, this will break some lighting effects but it is the only way to fix the issue aside from using Windows.

Enjoy.
hernextmeal
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Amatsu » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:20 pm

Recently joined the server, it's a pretty fun place with a good community. Not the biggest fan of baystation as a base, but it has some good features and I've had some great scenes dispite only being around a week or so.
Amatsu
Been posting for a bit

Re: Multiplayer scifi RPG: VORE Station (2 years old!)

Postby Mech__Warrior » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:46 pm

Aren't we three years old? Thought we were three years old.
Sorry for not posting, in college and stuff. Also, exams are this week. >.<
Mech__Warrior
???

Location: You could be proxy man. IMMA FIREWALLIN' MAH LAZOR!!

Postby ultimated » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:20 am

Nope, two years old. I joined about two years ago and the station was still fairly new when I got here :P
Find my prefs here!

Posting more often now! PM me if you like, but I might still be slow to respond!
ultimated
Heavy user

Postby Mech__Warrior » Wed May 18, 2016 9:10 am

ultimated wrote:Nope, two years old. I joined about two years ago and the station was still fairly new when I got here :P

...Now why do I think Harmony is three now? Oh well, I beta tested it. :p
Sorry for not posting, in college and stuff. Also, exams are this week. >.<
Mech__Warrior
???

Location: You could be proxy man. IMMA FIREWALLIN' MAH LAZOR!!

Re: Multiplayer scifi RPG: VORE Station (Updated vore system

Postby Aces » Wed May 18, 2016 9:11 am

Update: We're in the process of porting the code to Polaris codebase, thanks to the aid of Leshana and Arokha. Yes, the same Leshana and Arokha you're probably thinking of. :P
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Multiplayer scifi RPG: VORE Station (Polaris overhaul!!)

Postby Vae » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:21 am

This station has become like. really fun since I tried it out a year(ish) ago. I would urge anyone who like RP to give it a go.
Vae
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game