Battle Stallion online

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Battle Stallion online (test! perhaps many bugs)

Postby Revx_Z » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:53 pm

There seems to be a bug with having multiple "recently digested" status conditions. I had two, was nearly back at full size, then one of them wore off, and my size went down by about one-third.

I don't know how the code works behind the scenes, so I'm guessing wildly here, but it seems to me as though the "recently digested" status applies a flat change to your horse size. So the later debuff was setting my size to rather small, and the earlier debuff was setting my size to nearly full, and when the first debuff wore off, the later debuff came into play.
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby coop500 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:13 pm

If you go get digested again you should get your size back.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby Revx_Z » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:26 am

My size came back normally when the second one wore off.
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby coop500 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:36 am

Ah okay, good.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby Kligor » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:45 pm

Hey, developers. Can we have a tiny update of if any new updates are coming soon or size of any upcoming, etc? Id really like to what to be excited for. xD
Kligor
Somewhat familiar

Postby Zantos » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:15 pm

A little "thanks" would go a long way to make you feel a little less aggressive and entitled. Just saying...

Anyway, it's hard to find much time to work during the week, except small bugfixes/tweaks, but we'll have more news this weekend.
Two things we're working on : completing the gameplay with "area of effect" actions, including eating several people at once, and simulating the "collateral damage" that can happen in macro/micro situations.
And a new mecanism for grab/struggle where you basically have to fill a bar with various actions to win. This will be used to simulate swallowing/escaping, but may be reused for any "pin down/grab" situation who would have a button mash minigame in another game.

Then, we're planning on giving you a template to add additional character races in the game. We won't have time to create content ourselves, so this seems like a good solution. For now, it will simply be different flavour text and images, then we'll allow expanding to special actions and stuff like this as well...
Zantos
Been posting for a bit

Postby Revx_Z » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:25 pm

This sounds awesome.

My only concern is that the minigame might get a bit boring in the long run. Maybe turn it off for small non-players (humans less than 1/10th the horse's size or something) and leave it on for the rest of the eating?
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Zantos » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:33 pm

Yes, it was planned to be pvp only.
And you have to look at the big picture : the big bad horse trying to gulp down 3 smaller ones at once while they desperately try to part his jaws in an epic collaborative effort
Zantos
Been posting for a bit

Postby Kligor » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:07 pm

Zantos wrote:A little "thanks" would go a long way to make you feel a little less aggressive and entitled. Just saying...

Anyway, it's hard to find much time to work during the week, except small bugfixes/tweaks, but we'll have more news this weekend.
Two things we're working on : completing the gameplay with "area of effect" actions, including eating several people at once, and simulating the "collateral damage" that can happen in macro/micro situations.
And a new mecanism for grab/struggle where you basically have to fill a bar with various actions to win. This will be used to simulate swallowing/escaping, but may be reused for any "pin down/grab" situation who would have a button mash minigame in another game.

Then, we're planning on giving you a template to add additional character races in the game. We won't have time to create content ourselves, so this seems like a good solution. For now, it will simply be different flavour text and images, then we'll allow expanding to special actions and stuff like this as well...

Sry lol I didnt mean to sound aggressive or entitled. Thank you very much for all you've done either way and for the update. :P
Kligor
Somewhat familiar

Postby Endi » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:30 am

Hello friends!
Sorry that is not enough to write here. But I read your messages.
About game updates. We work as quickly as we can.
I hope that at the end of this week, we will be releasing a new patch.
Thank you all! =)
Endi
Somewhat familiar

Postby Revx_Z » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:29 am

Zantos wrote:Yes, it was planned to be pvp only.
And you have to look at the big picture : the big bad horse trying to gulp down 3 smaller ones at once while they desperately try to part his jaws in an epic collaborative effort

That sounds very good :D
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby komaru » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:38 pm

Not sure about anyone else, but I just received this error and can no longer access the game:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare MapCell::$rock in /home/enden174/domains/battlestall.net/game_contents/Models/MapCell.php on line 21

Was just doing an RP outside of the human area when it came up, no movement or anything.

EDIT: Seems like just a brief hiccup, everything seems ok now.
komaru
???

Postby Krono » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:59 pm

Ok, so after playing a while I have a couple suggestions/requests for this game.

-There should be a global chat.
-It would be nice to be able to create/edit your profile (including pictures, such as what your prey sees when they are in your stomach/butt)

That's all for now. :D Definitely a cool game so far though!
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby JaxCane » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:07 pm

Krono wrote:Ok, so after playing a while I have a couple suggestions/requests for this game.

-There should be a global chat.
-It would be nice to be able to create/edit your profile (including pictures, such as what your prey sees when they are in your stomach/butt)

That's all for now. :D Definitely a cool game so far though!

These suggestions have been taken into consideration. You might be interested in viewing additional suggestions and game details at it's new dedicated forum.

http://battlestall.net/forum/index.php
Whether you care to know or not, that crimson haired fox knows all your secrets.
JaxCane
New to the forum

Postby mr_dawg » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:46 am

It's a little disheartening spending a little time each day eating humans and the occasional horse only to see someone go from <4m to 25m+ overnight because they sat in 0,0 RPing and eating the same people over and over. RP is not really my thing and not why I started playing this originally, so I'm curious if anything will be done to curb the amount of size people can gain from eating the same horse over and over? Doesn't just apply to RPers either, I've seen a couple people hiding outside of the 10 square human radius feeding themselves with multiple accounts too.

It's cool that chat has allowed RP, but it's not really my thing and not what captured my interest so many versions ago and I'd prefer to be able to play this like an actual game without getting constantly discouraged that all my effort is so easily outdone by someone sitting in 0,0 asking to eat everybody :\

Maybe add some more filling NPCs? Tone down the size gain from eating horses/eating the same horse in a certain timespan?
mr_dawg
Somewhat familiar

Postby kater2000 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:00 am

Zantos wrote:Yes, it was planned to be pvp only.

how can i see the picture ?
kater2000
Been posting for a bit

Postby Revx_Z » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:20 am

mr_dawg wrote:It's a little disheartening spending a little time each day eating humans and the occasional horse only to see someone go from <4m to 25m+ overnight because they sat in 0,0 RPing and eating the same people over and over. RP is not really my thing and not why I started playing this originally, so I'm curious if anything will be done to curb the amount of size people can gain from eating the same horse over and over? Doesn't just apply to RPers either, I've seen a couple people hiding outside of the 10 square human radius feeding themselves with multiple accounts too.

It's cool that chat has allowed RP, but it's not really my thing and not what captured my interest so many versions ago and I'd prefer to be able to play this like an actual game without getting constantly discouraged that all my effort is so easily outdone by someone sitting in 0,0 asking to eat everybody :\

Maybe add some more filling NPCs? Tone down the size gain from eating horses/eating the same horse in a certain timespan?

This sounds exploitable and I have no easy solution and I encourage people to think about the problem before answering. Suggesting quick and dirty solutions will probably just lead to a new method of exploiting a loophole to get huge.
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Zantos » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:55 pm

mr_dawg wrote:It's a little disheartening spending a little time each day eating humans and the occasional horse only to see someone go from <4m to 25m+ overnight because they sat in 0,0 RPing and eating the same people over and over. RP is not really my thing and not why I started playing this originally, so I'm curious if anything will be done to curb the amount of size people can gain from eating the same horse over and over? Doesn't just apply to RPers either, I've seen a couple people hiding outside of the 10 square human radius feeding themselves with multiple accounts too.

I understand what you mean. However, you have to remember that this is not a final version, and not much more than a sandbox while we test the various gameplay elements we add. We are conscious of the problem about "free meal" situations, and that's not how I had expected the game to work...
Zantos
Been posting for a bit

Postby Revx_Z » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:24 pm

I've thought about the issue and tried to come up with a suggestion that isn't a knee-jerk response, and here's a proposed mechanic.

Every time a horse gains in size from eating something, some fraction of that size (half?) is tracked as "volatile" or the like, while the rest is "permanent".
The "volatile" size count fills up and maxes out at some value (50cm?). While it's full, all size growth is permanent and not losable.
When a horse becomes prey, check if the prey has any volatile size.
If the prey has no volatile size, the predator gains nothing and the prey loses nothing.
If the prey has some volatile size, the prey loses up to some amount (10cm?) of size. If the prey has less than 10cm of volatile height, they lose only that. The predator gains size equal to what the predator lost.

All values here (half, 50cm, 10cm) are subject to a lot of revision by the developers who have access to more numbers and internal data than I do. What I've tried to do with this general mechanic is:
1) spam-eating a secondary account is no longer a way to gain size
2) being eaten has a slight penalty, so most people won't jump down throats willy-nilly
3) but the penalty for being eaten is limited. Bigger horses cannot engage in "griefing" and make a smaller horse lose all size. Dedicated prey lose nothing more than their "volatile" quota and won't get shrunk down to 10cm from being eaten again and again.

Current gameplay is equivalent to having this mechanic set to (none, 0cm, 0cm).
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby mr_dawg » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:39 pm

Zantos wrote:

I understand what you mean. However, you have to remember that this is not a final version, and not much more than a sandbox while we test the various gameplay elements we add. We are conscious of the problem about "free meal" situations, and that's not how I had expected the game to work...

Alright, nice to know it's something you guys are aware of and plan to remedy.
mr_dawg
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game