Terra Centauri: Last Stand

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Terra Centauri: Last Stand

Postby Souliguide » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:14 am

Scout wrote:Once again thanks for all the comments!

Souliguide corrupted Valkyries are an interesting idea. Similarly, I was thinking of making a Devourer that can morph itself as anything including other Valkyries, it would need to morph back to its normal form to eat though.

PS Uploaded a video showing some gameplay of Terra Centauri:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-34vJ7g17Y

Keep in mind the game is still in early development, there is still much work to finish some animations, new sounds (especially voices) more units (including Devourers) and lots of terrain work.

Morphling is nice for sneak attacks and infiltration i guess, but what i was trying to say.... id like to see some F/F in there X3;;; but hey! youre the boosssss and doing pretty good job, and i can imagine that to come up with some devourer corrupted female anims, can be pain in butt
Souliguide
Somewhat familiar

Postby peteian » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:29 am

Very well done Scout great job I love it :D Specifically I like how the Infantry of the Valkyries (At least I think it was Infantry) places down mines and I like how the Valkyries have many defensive options but can also launch an assault pretty well. Same goes for the Devourers, I like how they can be really aggressive but still put up a strong defense. Though I'm not sure if the tiny devourers were doing any damage or the Valkyries are just really tanky :P

One thing though, are the guns supposed to be that loud? From the video they were pretty loud in comparison to everything else.
peteian
---

Postby Scout » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:38 pm

MirceaKitsune wrote:A little advice if I may: Add particle effects and sound effects for slobber or stomach fluids jumping out as part of the attack animation. Such as white or green / yellow particles which look like fluid, emitted in a splash pattern.

Ill see what I come up with, I'm walking a fine line here between making this game have the vore aspect yet making it clean enough that non vore fans can enjoy it as well. Adding too much may gross some people out. Ill see if i can make it work.

Souliguide wrote:Morphling is nice for sneak attacks and infiltration i guess, but what i was trying to say.... id like to see some F/F in there X3;;; but hey! youre the boosssss and doing pretty good job, and i can imagine that to come up with some devourer corrupted female anims, can be pain in butt

I'm a fan of same size f/f but unfortunately making same size humanoid/humanoid vore would be pretty difficult to make in this engine, which is why i thought of the morphing would be a good compromise.

Another idea I had (I know its still not f/f) was for evil Valkyries that can control the Devourers, ex ride them like horses, or even genetically/mechanically modify them, to do their bidding. Maybe even Valkyrie/Devourer hybrids? Perhaps maybe the playable version of the Devourers could be this. Just thinking out loud. :)

peteian wrote:Very well done Scout great job I love it :D Specifically I like how the Infantry of the Valkyries (At least I think it was Infantry) places down mines and I like how the Valkyries have many defensive options but can also launch an assault pretty well. Same goes for the Devourers, I like how they can be really aggressive but still put up a strong defense. Though I'm not sure if the tiny devourers were doing any damage or the Valkyries are just really tanky :P

One thing though, are the guns supposed to be that loud? From the video they were pretty loud in comparison to everything else.

Thanks! The Valkyries have a lot more defensive options than even the video shows, Shield Generators, Sensory Towers, Stun Drones, and you can place your troops in trenches for additional protection.

The tiny Devourers, like the Pest (tiny worms that travel in groups) do a small amount of damage a a very high attack rate. Individually they are weak but spawned in numbers from a host Devourer, and in great numbers they can easily overwhelm Valkyries. Spitter's acid is more effective against lightly armored Valkyries, but are useless against armored ones. Really they are more for clearing minefields.

I've been told about the gun effects and will lessen them eventually.

Before anything I want to really have the gameplay set up before I really start adding to the game.

Things I want to add:
Random Events, Hard to explain, but here is an example: Imagine while playing your typical 1v1 map then all of a sudden a air transport crashes at a random location and falls under attack by Devourers, Giving you the opportunity to rescue the survivors and be rewarded for doing so. Or perhaps a powerful storm appears in a random location causing devastation in the area, etc.

Abandoned Valkyrie Buildings/Bases
The idea is that sometimes an abandoned base can spawn with a map and if you can provide power to those structures they will become operational. These would be either randomly placed or permanently placed depending on the map. Currently I only have a missile silo that does this. If you provide power to it, it will launch a powerful missile at a random Devourer anywhere on the map. The missile has a large blast radius. Abandoned structures can be attacked by Devourers at anytime, even before you power them, so sometimes it pays to try to protect these early in the game. These are only useable by Valkyries.

Discoverable Treasures/Hazards
Randomly placed objects that can provide benefits to your army. Currently, there are chests, that when broken open (order your units to attack them) give you resources, or bonus exp. There are also Life Stones that Regenerate hp, and Energy Vortexes that restore Energy. I hope to have many more of these kinds of things to Discover.
Please Support Terra Centauri: Last Stand, a beautiful Anime Vore RTS! at: http://www.patreon.com/terra
Scout
Somewhat familiar

Postby Souliguide » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:49 am

Souliguide wrote:Morphling is nice for sneak attacks and infiltration i guess, but what i was trying to say.... id like to see some F/F in there X3;;; but hey! youre the boosssss and doing pretty good job, and i can imagine that to come up with some devourer corrupted female anims, can be pain in butt

I'm a fan of same size f/f but unfortunately making same size humanoid/humanoid vore would be pretty difficult to make in this engine, which is why i thought of the morphing would be a good compromise.

Another idea I had (I know its still not f/f) was for evil Valkyries that can control the Devourers, ex ride them like horses, or even genetically/mechanically modify them, to do their bidding. Maybe even Valkyrie/Devourer hybrids? Perhaps maybe the playable version of the Devourers could be this. Just thinking out loud. :)

Okay, how about this idea. A corrupted valkyrie, or mutated one...would be like really big one. She would attack with kicks punches whatever.... But you could then add a unit that would cooperate with her. Some small devourer that would sacrifice itself to immobilize target. And on imobilized target this giant valkyrie could sit down to Ub/Av them... whatever. That shouldnt be hard to animate it?
Souliguide
Somewhat familiar

Postby Scout » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:21 pm

Sorry for the absence everyone, I've Recently was at a Indie game showcase, showing off an early alpha stage Terra Centauri. While the turnout at the event was small, Terra still got some good positive feedback!

Im also announcing that I will be releasing the game for free! However, I have a Patreon account for those who would like to support its development! I will be releasing the game in "Expansion Packs", map packs with added units or tilesets. Basically, the more financial support I get for the project the more I can add to the project, and continue to make expansion packs. Patreon works in that you pledge to give a donation amount per Expansion Pack. Once the initial game is complete I hope to have these expansions released every 2-3 months. And of course there are rewards for pledging over certain amounts. You are by no means forced to contribute and you can stop whenever you need. A beta will not be ready for a while, but when its is anyone who contributes $10+ will get access to the closed beta when its ready.

Check out my Patreon Page:
http://www.patreon.com/terra

Special thanks to anyone who donates, and thanks for the interest in Terra Centauri!

Now to respond to previous comment:

Souliguide wrote:
Souliguide wrote:Okay, how about this idea. A corrupted valkyrie, or mutated one...would be like really big one. She would attack with kicks punches whatever.... But you could then add a unit that would cooperate with her. Some small devourer that would sacrifice itself to immobilize target. And on imobilized target this giant valkyrie could sit down to Ub/Av them... whatever. That shouldnt be hard to animate it?

Well I wouldn't do Ub, Sorry I'm trying to keep the game the sexuality relatively low to encourage non vore players to enjoy the game as well. Its already bad enough that its a game with an army of cute girls vs an army of what is essentially phallic symbols eating them :lol:
I don't mean to say no to your suggestions Souliguide, I'm just have to tread carefully. I am warming up to the idea of a corrupted Valkyrie race and even made plans to try to sneak some f/f vore in if possible. Either way I wont start work on that till the main two factions are more complete. Thanks for the input Souliguide!
Please Support Terra Centauri: Last Stand, a beautiful Anime Vore RTS! at: http://www.patreon.com/terra
Scout
Somewhat familiar

Postby coldsteelj » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:57 am

Sorry I'm trying to keep the game the sexuality relatively low to encourage non-vore players to enjoy the game as well.

Sorry, but I really can't understand why are you don't want to add more sexuality content since non vore players are playing in Command & Conquer, Supreme commander, Starcraft or in other RTS games. Do you really have so much donations from non-vore people?
coldsteelj
Somewhat familiar

Postby peteian » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:05 pm

I think by sexuality content he meant the more explicit content and not the sexy content that's seen in RA3
peteian
---

Postby Scout » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:25 pm

coldsteelj wrote:
Sorry I'm trying to keep the game the sexuality relatively low to encourage non-vore players to enjoy the game as well.

Sorry, but I really can't understand why are you don't want to add more sexuality content since non vore players are playing in Command & Conquer, Supreme commander, Starcraft or in other RTS games. Do you really have so much donations from non-vore people?

Let me clarify, The goal is to make a RTS game about Cute girls trying to avoid getting eaten by monsters, but that doesn't mean I'm going to go all out to to depict extremely sexually graphic scenarios. As crazy as it sounds, I still want this project to be something I would proudly show publicly, even those who are not into vore. (I even showed off a development version at a public game showcase last week) Therefore there are just some things that I wouldn't be comfortable implementing. Think of it trying to bring the best of both worlds.
Scout
Somewhat familiar

Postby Scout » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:12 pm

Here are some new things implemented into Terra Centauri:

-Stun Drones Valkyries can build these small drones for scouting or defensive purposes. While unarmed they emit a sound frequency which hinders Devourer movement. Great for trapping and holding Devourers allowing you to kill them without putting your troops at risk. They also can be used to slow down Devourer unit production when over a spawning unit.
They are very fragile however, so be weary of anti aircraft attacks.

-Shield Generators Part of the Valkyrie defense arsenal are shield generators. These substantially reduce the amount of damage taken of any unit within range. They require a large amount of energy resources, as well as needs to be built near a source of energy to generate the EP it needs to function. Assuming it has an energy source the shield generator will activate automatically when an enemy approaches and will remain active until the enemy presence subsides or the energy source is destroyed.
Attacking outside the sight range of the generator will prevent its activation.

-Air Transport Certain units have the ability to call for airlift at any time. Useful to move units around quickly and over obstacles. Be warned however, the unit is vulnerable during lifts and drop offs and defenseless while being transported.

-Drop Pods These are randomly positioned in various locations across the map. Attack to open the Pods. Pods can contain special buildings, vehicles, and if your unlucky a Devourer Ambush...
Scout
Somewhat familiar

Postby FurFoxar » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:59 pm

The HUD seems really overkill to me... It takes way too much space, I hope we will be able to resize it. Or mask it. Or disable some features.
Please excuse my bad speilling... English is not my first language. Thanks !
FurFoxar
Been posting for a bit

Postby Scout » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:54 pm

The graphical HUD can be disabled, as well as the timer under the map, in the options menu.
Scout
Somewhat familiar

Postby Firon » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:45 am

I don't see why you need all those circles and interface decoration.....it frankly makes it look obnoxious and garish

looking at the picture you posted for the shield generators....I would have trouble seing your menus on the top right there as well....for the same reason I'm pointing out

there's too much interface "decoration" that gets in the way far too much
Firon
---

Postby Crash » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:56 am

I don't know. I kinda like it. God forbid anyone try something different.
And if people don't like it, then make you're own game.

Great screenshots btw. This looks like it'll be great.
Crash
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Mab17 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:31 am

Firon wrote:I don't see why you need all those circles and interface decoration.....it frankly makes it look obnoxious and garish

looking at the picture you posted for the shield generators....I would have trouble seing your menus on the top right there as well....for the same reason I'm pointing out

there's too much interface "decoration" that gets in the way far too much

It was literally just said that you can turn it off. Calm your tits and curb your tongue.

And agreed, Crash. The HUD looks cool as hell.
Mab17
Somewhat familiar

Postby Scout » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:09 am

Yes again, You can disable the Decorative Hud, which means you will just have the bare bones interface without any decals. Still though I do need to lower the opacity of the menu on the right. thanks for pointing that out Firon.

And thanks for the comments Crash and Mab17!
Scout
Somewhat familiar

Postby peteian » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:59 am

I don't mind the HUD, though I'm probably going to turn it off for performance more than anything else :p The new features look cool as well I can imagine a lot of strategic plans that can be made with these as well as the risk vs reward of the drop pods :D
peteian
---

Postby Scout » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:45 pm

peteian wrote:I don't mind the HUD, though I'm probably going to turn it off for performance more than anything else :p The new features look cool as well I can imagine a lot of strategic plans that can be made with these as well as the risk vs reward of the drop pods :D

There are quite a few customizable graphics settings that you can optimize to your machine.

There are plenty of other strategic options that are available, as well as plenty of unit options to choose from :)
Scout
Somewhat familiar

Postby Scout » Wed May 14, 2014 11:50 pm

Sorry for lack of updates, Due to some hardware issues its development slowed down and its become more difficult to keep thread updated. Despite that, here a lot of new things with Terra Centauri:

Recharge Drone

Recharge Drones are special units that self destruct on command, releasing its stored energy that replenishes HP and EP of units below. The charge lasts a few seconds. Can also be used to charge the ep of the special structures spawned on the map or in Drop Pods. Recharge drones are produced in the Energy Core.

Battery

Normally to get more energy you produce more Energy Cores. However sometimes you need only a little bit of energy, and you don't want to spend the resources to make another Core. In this case Energy Cores can produce Batteries to increase your energy reserves. These only give a small amount of energy so its not the most economical choice for large energy needs. But good for supplementing energy to help squeeze out a unit or two when energy is low.

Orbital Uplink

Inside of Drop pods you can find an Orbital Uplink. When given an energy source (an adjacent Power node, Energy Core, or Recharge Drone) it will begin to generate EP. Once EP is maxed the uplink will automatically scan and reveal the entire map for a limited time.

Alpha Devourer

Certain types of Devourers can mutate into larger forms referred to as Alphas. As expected, alphas have higher stats then their smaller counterparts.

Devourer Unit Classes:
Note All names are subject to change

Digger

Name WIP

Diggers are special devourer class that travels under the surface, till its just under its target and surfaces to eat. While underground diggers are immune to most forms of damage, but also has limited vision. Weapons with a high firing rate works best, otherwise careful timing is needed to attack them just as they lunge out of the ground. Any Valkyries digested will add to the devourers resources

Mother/Pest

Name WIP

Mothers are large devourers that carry a large nest and colony of pest type devourers. When a Valkyrie is spotted a swarm of pest types leave the nest to attack like a school of Parana. While weak individually they rely on numbers to overwhelm their prey. Pest are quick and are resistant to heavy weapons. Melee and Gatling weapons work best.

Pests also have a short life span outside the nest.

Shocker

Name WIP

Shockers are a special devourer type that is spawned with crystals on its back. It uses these crystals to release a powerful EMP pulse that not only damages all enemies around themselves, but also drains them of their EP, stripping their ability to fight back. Any unit who's EP drops below 0 will be completely paralyzed.

Alpha

Name WIP

Special class of devourer with heavy stone armor. Resistant to small arms fire, these massive monsters are only vulnerable to explosive weapons, and mines. Beam weapons have a moderate level of success against Alphas. Their massive mouths can devour most Valkyries in one bite. Any Valkyries digested will add to the devourers resources

Flier

Name is WIP

Fliers patrol the skies attempting to eat anything they come across. While dangerous to any fling unit, they are defenseless against ground attacks. Also they make great scouts. Any Valkyries digested will add to the devourers resources

Spitter

sorry no image

These small critters spit acid at their targets. While they do no do a lot of damage they are the only devourer unit able to clear mines and attack air units from the ground. Only a threat to lightly armored infantry, and air units when in large numbers.

Bomber

Name is WIP

sorry no image

These small creatures self destruct by mixing two chemicals inside their abdomen. Igniting their surrounding area with a firestorm. Any units within the blaze receives a large amount of damage over time. As a defense mechanism a fire is still ignited even when Bomber units are killed.

Hunter

The default offensive devourer. Fairly quick with a decent amount of HP. They attack by eating their target. Any Valkyries digested will add to the devourers resources. Very dangerous to infantry. They also can be morphed into a larger/stronger variety as well.

Devourer

sorry no image

Default Class these eat organic matter (trees) for resources and develops the home nest. Unlike normal Glest workers they can harvest indefinitely without ever needing to return to base to drop off resources. While less HP than the Hunter, these too can also be used offensively.
Scout
Somewhat familiar

Postby peteian » Thu May 15, 2014 4:38 am

Holy sheep this was a pretty big update. I really like the orbital uplink for its strategic purpose of revealing the map, it's going to come in handy.
I feel like the Shocker is going to be a big threat for those who like to move in big groups or build defenses close together. Even if you turtle and build the great wall of china or something, if it gets combo'd with the Bomber, they will pave the way for Devourers to close in. IDK, maybe.
Damn I'm already thinking of how to defend against Devourer offensives and the game isn't even out yet :lol:
peteian
---

Postby Scout » Sat May 17, 2014 8:55 am

Well you have the right idea! You can help reduce the effects of shockers by keeping your base defenses/units near energy sources (energy cores, power nodes, energy vortex) to help regen ep faster. Or useing a recharge drone to save a paralized unit.

Bombers are always a big issue. If just one gets by your defense it will burn a hole and expect devourers to try to pour in. Even worse on the offensive bombers end up blocking your advance as the fire forces you to re route your army or wait till the fires stop wasting precious time.

Especially on hard difficulty the valkyrie situation is quite bleak. but makes it so rewarding to win!
Scout
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game