Terra Centauri: Last Stand

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Terra Centauri: Last Stand

Postby Scout » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:01 am

ITS HERE: Terra Centauri: Last Stand v0.5 Beta is Released for Linux and Windows machines! Download below:

Hi everyone I'm working on a 3D Anime styled RTS with vore

Game is depicting a long standing war between the Valkyries, a female only sentient race, and the Devourers, worm like parasitic organisms which travel from world to world consuming all organic matter in their path. The Valkyries now on the brink of extinction, in one last ditch effort, came out of hiding and launched a counter-offensive to retake their world.

Factions:

Valkyries:

Female only race, artificially
created by god like beings, known as the
ORIGINATORS, as slaves. A handful
survived the cataclysm that caused the
disappearance of ORIGINATORS. Since then,
they inherited the knowledge of their creators
and repopulated the world. Valkyries remain
fiercely loyal to their creators, worshiping
them as deities. They valiantly fight to protect
their world against the Devopurers in hopes
they will return.

Spoiler: show

Devourers:

Its unknown where they originated from, but its
believed they travel from world to world by meteors.
They can survive in the most hostile environments.
Devourers come in numerous forms but are actually
one single species. They feed off any living matter,
such as plants, creatures, and even Valkyries, and
can digest metals, stone, and other non organic
materials.

Gameplay:

Game will be more focused on the perspective of the Valkyries but I may allow for play as the Devourers as well.

Valkyries are very resource dependent, lots of base defenses, and use of vehicles and technologically advanced weapons.
Valkyries depend on Crystals for currency and Energy, and Ore for building materials. Many units and structures depend on energy generated by a Energy Core.

Devourers, are cheap + fast to produce, but are quite strong. Require only organic matter as a resource. Organic matter is obtained from consuming trees, animals and Valkyries. More focus on Offensive melee units.

Media:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-34vJ7g17Y

Support Development!

I'm also announcing that I will be releasing the game for free! However, I have a Patreon account for those who would like to support its development! I will be releasing the game in "Expansion Packs", map packs with added units or tilesets. Basically, the more financial support I get for the project the more I can add to the project, and continue to make expansion packs. Patreon works in that you pledge to give a donation amount per Expansion Pack. Once the initial game is complete I hope to have these expansions released every 2-3 months. And of course there are rewards for pledging over certain amounts. You are by no means forced to contribute and you can stop whenever you need. A beta will not be ready for a while, but when its is anyone who contributes $10+ will get access to the closed beta when its ready.

Check out my Patreon Page:
http://www.patreon.com/terra

Special thanks to anyone who donates, and thanks for the interest in Terra Centauri!

DOWNLOAD:

http://www.patreon.com/posts/2744242

Looking for good gameplay feedback before I dive into creating the deeper parts of the game!
Last edited by Scout on Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Please Support Terra Centauri: Last Stand, a beautiful Anime Vore RTS! at: http://www.patreon.com/terra
Scout
Somewhat familiar

Re: Terra Centauri: Last Stand

Postby Link13112 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:36 am

Thumbs up to you! this looks like an awesome idea! I look forward to it :D
Link13112
Participator

Postby vortrum » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:49 am

Wow!!! 8O
Great ambitions bring great results.
go ahead bro! we're all with you :-D
Oh brave Luka... you have chosen the most foolish path.
-Ilias-
vortrum
Been posting for a bit

Postby VoreSkeeter » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:53 am

Nice dude! I hope you follow through with your ideas and make this into something awesome
''Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.''

Dylan Thomas
VoreSkeeter
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Scout » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:39 am

Thank you for the comments!
Development is well underway, and really coming together nicely. Ill also be uploading some promotional artwork here once I figure out how to make a gallery.

In the meantime, here are some more teaser screens:
Please Support Terra Centauri: Last Stand, a beautiful Anime Vore RTS! at: http://www.patreon.com/terra
Scout
Somewhat familiar

Postby Themastermushroom » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:42 am

Nice done, a really nice game, remind me some old game you can control a unit and if you do enough point you became a hero.
Themastermushroom
Participator

Postby MirceaKitsune » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:11 am

Very very awesome idea! I always loved the MegaGlest engine, as well as Annex... and now this :D Not sure what to say at this early stage... but since I'm knowing enough of the Glest engines and a big fan of vore games, there are several ideas I can suggest if that helps.

First of all the obvious: Valkyries should have units which are suited to look and act like food for any predatory creature, so they always appear as something "just waiting to get eaten". Devourers should look like a race designed to feed off such a species, and fight them only by eating them. So the two races should feel like "cat and mouse" against each other... one meant to be eaten, the other to eat them.

In consequence, each should have attacks and defenses intended in this knowledge; The Valkyries would have to rely on defenses / offenses that make them hard to devour. That would first of all mean long ranged weapons (units and turrets / towers) to hurt enemies at a distance and also try preventing them from getting close, but also upgrades such as armors that make people harder to defeat and therefore ingest. In the case of Devourers, their purpose I imagine is to get close to enemies and eat them, and armor should have the purpose of making them resist as long as possible near someone they're trying to gobble up. There prolly wouldn't be many long range attacks that make sense in their case, except maybe spitting acid balls to weaken / stun opponents... though IMO the only attack that should truly defeat enemies is to swallow them, while in the case of buildings to corrode them and / or eat them in bits. Other than moving units that chase and eat other units, their turrets could work the same way, and be similar to carnivore plants that attack and eat whoever walks close to them.

In regard to resources, I did have a somewhat funny idea: Valkyries would primarily mine them like most factions do. Devourers would prolly do the same, but can however also digest eaten enemies into a resource that can't be obtained otherwise... which could be used to make optional buildings and units (since they'd only be possible after a battle encounter in this case). I guess the idea could work the other way around too, and Valkyries could use the skins of Devourers to extract a resource, though in their case it could be one they may also mine. Lastly, I'd go for the idea of Valkyries having normal farms that generate food, while Devourers would have a large creature that stores people in its belly :)

Sadly, the only way to gain a resource from a defeated opponent is with lastDeadUnit() and giveResource(type, factionIndex, amount) in Lua scripts, but these are only for scenarios. To do it in the unit file one would have to use a hack: Make each unit store this type of resource and offer the same amount... so for instance having a <resources-stored> of 10 and a <resource-requirements> of -10. I remember that defeating an unit which holds resources will give you that resource if your faction also uses it, though I could be wrong. Since this is important for many purposes, I'll likely suggest the feature on the forum if it's not already there, as well as a function to give an attacker any specified resource other than stored ones.

Last suggestion would be to see how realistic the vore can actually be made. It's not too vorry if we'll only see creatures kicking people until they fall to the ground and the dead body stays there. Visual and audio effects that show enemies being gulped after being defeated (without suggesting they're dead at that moment) would be very welcome... and why not sounds of them struggling a bit after? Sadly, since MG doesn't allow changing the model of an unit at will, nor playing an animation for the attacker when he defeats someone, it will be hard to also add the cherry on the cake and make Devourers have visible bulges after eating enemies :( Perhaps unit morphing or another idea that can slip between the engine's abilities can be found however. But yeah, I'd love it if the vore can be made as obvious as the engine allows :-D

Oh... and one little thing to keep in mind: MG can't force factions to be on different sides, any faction can be in any team. So of course there will have to be support for teams of the same type fighting each other. This might make vorry details difficult, since we couldn't have Valkyries appear to be eaten by other Valkyries, although Devourers eating other Devourers might make sense.
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:14 am

This looks amazing! I'm a sucker for RTS games. But to see a vore RTS is just making me shake in excitement. Will there be any kind of sandbox mode? Or Skirmish option more or less?
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby NekoYuki » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:30 am

Seems very cool, i do have to wonder will this require a base game first, or is it stand alone?
Also will it be a free mod or one we have to buy from you/3'rd party website?
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby Bright » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:57 am

I must say this looks very promising so far.
Visit my artblog?
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby MirceaKitsune » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:32 pm

NekoYuki wrote:Seems very cool, i do have to wonder will this require a base game first, or is it stand alone?
Also will it be a free mod or one we have to buy from you/3'rd party website?

The Glest engine is very flexible, and gametypes / factions are added to it as folders of images / models / xml files, no code changes needed. So any game will work as either a mod or can be distributed with the engine. In the case of Annex, I know it's primarily distributed as standalone, so this might be too.

Otherwise, this seems to use some models from Annex, which itself is under a CC license. But they're not my projects so on this one I have no idea.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Scout » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:15 pm

First off thank you for all the responses, and the general excitement this game is receiving! Let me answer some questions:

Dragonvorelover135 wrote:Will there be any kind of sandbox mode? Or Skirmish option more or less?

-Currently the plan is to have 1v1 skirmish style maps, but with some randomly generated content on the maps. So playing the same stage over and over will not play the same each time.

NekoYuki wrote:i do have to wonder will this require a base game first, or is it stand alone? Also will it be a free mod or one we have to buy from you/3'rd party website?

This will be a full standalone game, not a mod so everything you will need will be included. I am an game developer, so I do intend to commercialize the game but I don't have the details as of yet. I will definitely post more on that topic another time.

@MirceaKitsune You hit the nail on the head with much of what to expect. Valkyries are very defense oriented, while the Devourers are all offense oriented, with most units attacking by eating. There are other devourers that attack by other means such as fire and acid, but they are the minority. The "vore" effect is done by making the "death" animation the unit disappearing, leaving a couple indigestible objects behind, such as helmets, weapons, etc all timed with the eat animation of the Devourers.

However the Valkyries as a species are not weak. They can sport some pretty heavy firepower, such as Mechs, Tanks, Beam Cannons, Rocket launchers, Jet packs etc etc. And some nice support abilities. so they are by no means lowly Devourer chow. Still even the most hearty battalion can find its self surrounded and decimated so extreme caution must be taken.

However, this game will be only using only scenarios with many features being coded in Lua. This means that all maps are 1v1 Valkyrie vs Devourer. The focus will be more on the Valkyries, but i do plan on some maps were you play as the Devourers. the Coding in lua includes obtaining resources through consumption of Valkyries. Also certain Devourers can also consume trees as a secondary source of income, but not as efficient as eating live prey. There will also be other neutral creatures which they can also eat for resources. I'm also including many randomly placed items/resources that Valkyries can use to aid them in their effort. This forces you to take risks and leave the protection of your base defenses and search the large map. I also plan to have random events happen in which you can or choose not to participate. For example an air transport crash somewhere on the map gives you a chance to rescue some free soldiers from a Devourer attack and add them to your army. Or perhaps a Tornado rips across the map which puts your entire army at danger. You get the idea.

Also I do want to say that despite sharing some similarities with another RTS Project Annex: Conquer the World, the two are very different. Terra Centauri has all new models which are much higher poly count and texture resolution than Annex does, with much more detailed animations.

Some other possible questions you might have:

Will there be a Story/Campaign mode?
-Maybe... But not planned as of now.

Will there be multiplayer?
-I want there to be multiplayer option. Having multiplayer capability has a higher priority than a campaign. Technically its possible right now but there are a few complications with the final product, so no promises though.

Hopefully, this answers some of your questions. Of course feel free to ask/comment if you like.
Scout
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jacobtheespeon » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:00 pm

This looks sooo cool. Also idea for a devourer class; a support class that eats prey and becomes a living vendor to support the badly injured worms
Jacobtheespeon
Participator

Postby Skeiron » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:11 pm

This looks awesome :)
Will be keeping my eyes on this, keep up the good work!
"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"Remember that life is better than it seems"
Skeiron
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Scout » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:18 pm

Jacob the espeon wrote:This looks sooo cool. Also idea for a devourer class; a support class that eats prey and becomes a living vendor to support the badly injured worms

What did you mean by vendor? Like a devour that sells items or heals you mean?

Devourers do not need healing units as they have very high hp regeneration. This is to make up for the fact that they are mostly melee units, they can take lots of damage while approaching their target. But thanks for the idea!

Some pre-rendered promotional Images below:

Valkyrie Bio Page:

Devourer Ambush:
Description:
While vital to the wear effort, reconnaissance is a very dangerous job. Usually a small handful of soldiers are sent out to survey the area, find Devourer nests, and scout for vital resources. However, sometimes all they will find is their own demise...

Here a hungry Devourer Hunter ambushes these two scouts from inside a crater. One Valkyre desperately jumps away to avoid being swallowed whole as her partner attempts to slow it down with her rifle. However bullets can only do so much against such a large aggressive creature.

Hunters, are the most numerous class of Devourer. They are extremely aggressive, and are always looking for new prey. The best way to deal with Hunters is to overwhelm and surround it with numbers.

Preparing for the Offensive
Description:
Fighting the Devourers, a foe much bigger, stronger, and outnumber you by thousands is a death wish. In even the smallest skrimsh many valiant Valkyries head off to battle to never return. Those who survive and accomplish much on the battlefield get promoted to the Valkyries Mechanized squadrons.

Here a squad of Exo Suits and their pilots preparing for battle against the Devourers. Valkyrian Exo Suits are often the backbone of assaults due to their high firepower and ease of mobility. They can even be picked up and carried by air drones. Which make them ideal for infantry support, and even for hit and run tactics.
Last edited by Scout on Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scout
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jacobtheespeon » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:23 pm

Scout wrote:
Jacob the espeon wrote:This looks sooo cool. Also idea for a devourer class; a support class that eats prey and becomes a living vendor to support the badly injured worms

What did you mean by vendor? Like a devour that sells items or heals you mean?

Devourers do not need healing units as they have very high hp regeneration. This is to make up for the fact that they are mostly melee units, they can take lots of damage while approaching their target. But thanks for the idea!

Some pre-rendered promotional Images below:

Valkyrie Bio Page:

Devourer Ambush:
Description:
While vital to the wear effort, reconnaissance is a very dangerous job. Usually a small handful of soldiers are sent out to survey the area, find Devourer nests, and scout for vital resources. However, sometimes all they will find is their own demise...

Here a hungry Devourer Hunter ambushes these two scouts from inside a crater. One Valkyre desperately jumps away to avoid being swallowed whole as her partner attempts to slow it down with her rifle. However bullets can only do so much against such a large aggressive creature.

Hunters, are the most numerous class of Devourer. They are extremely aggressive, and are always looking for new prey. The best way to deal with Hunters is to overwhelm and surround it with numbers.

Preparing for the Offensive
Description:
Fighting the Devourers, a foe much bigger, stronger, and outnumber you by thousands is a death wish. In even the smallest skrimsh many valiant Valkyries head off to battle to never return. Those who survive and accomplish much on the battlefield get promoted to the Valkyries Mechanized squadrons.

Here a squad of Exo Suits and their pilots preparing for battle against the Devourers. Valkyrian Exo Suits are often the backbone of assaults due to their high firepower and ease of mobility. They can even be picked up and carried by air drones. Which make them ideal for infantry support, and even for hit and run tactics.

Nono, I meant they'd eat people and keep them alive within them to give to the more supportive devourers who need them more
Jacobtheespeon
Participator

Postby Scout » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:42 pm

Thats a very interesting idea! I like it
Scout
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:17 pm

Slightly off topic, but just for the info: This sort of reminded me to put one of my own ideas in practice on the MegaGlest engine. So yeah, I'm working on a vore RTS too :) No worries though, it won't be similar to this... especially since it's going to be medieval themed and only use edited models / textures from Magitech / Megapack. Thought it would be fun to mention though... who would have thought this is what we'd be using Glest for :D
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby peteian » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:26 am

>Anime
>Strategy
>Vore Game
YEEESSS
*Intensely expresses support*
peteian
---

Postby Scout » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:35 pm

Thanks!

@MirceaKitsune Will you make a post on the Glest forum? haha
Scout
Somewhat familiar

Next

Return to Vore game