Terra Centauri: Last Stand

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Terra Centauri: Last Stand

Postby Scout » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:33 am

Thanks for the review Aickavon12!

Maybe the game is more balanced than we both thought, as units you say are useless and the ones you depend on are oppsite for me. Which is wonderful news! I kinda wished I can watch you play, since your strategy was unique maybe i could have learned something.

Personally I came close to removing Lancers and Shield Generators as I thought they were not as useful. I really thought no one would ever build them. I still cant believe you needed 3 shield generators, Outside of testing I personally don't use any. You really think turret girls are useless? I was worried they were overpowered.

My personal tactics depend more on the Mech and Rifle girls with a small mix of Beam and Rocket Girls for anti-armor.

So some things you may or may not have known,

Trade raitio is: 100 credits for 200 ore and 200 ore for 100 credits. This is because crystals are far more used (therefore) than ore is. The Transport (the Box unit) is a mobile resource dropoff point so you can collect resources without needing to build multiple bases. If you don't start with one you can build one from the factory. Also there are limits to the amount of resources you can store. Building Energy Cores increases the Crystal cap, Factories increase Ore cap, and Transports increase both.

There are currently only two devourers that have the Armored type, Titans and Armor. Some may have a lot of HP but take the same amount of damage as smaller devourers. Armored units are nearly immune to lances and gun attacks.

Tanks and Rocket Girls may seem like they do less damage but they have a large blast radius which can effect multiple devourers per shot. Also they can register multiple hits on larger Devourers.
Please Support Terra Centauri: Last Stand, a beautiful Anime Vore RTS! at: http://www.patreon.com/terra
Scout
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aickavon12 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:55 am

but the tanks kill my lancer squads before I can even get them to point b XD
This song is dedicated to Eka.

Never gonna give you up! Never Gonna let you down! Never gonna run around, desert you!
Aickavon12
???

Postby Scout » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:18 pm

Lol XD

Yea you got to be careful with tanks. I normally wouldn't use Lancers and Tanks together (or Rockets for the same reason) Guard Girls are better suited to survive incoming friendly fire, and long ranged units like Rifles and Beams as long as they keep their distance.

If your going to use tanks you need to make sure they are firing away from your troops or themselves. Try setting them to a separate control group and firing at further away devourers or at a target in a different direction from your main force. Otherwise you will end up taking out more of your own army than the devourers.
Please Support Terra Centauri: Last Stand, a beautiful Anime Vore RTS! at: http://www.patreon.com/terra
Scout
Somewhat familiar

Postby evilogith » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:29 pm

NO Offence' but i Rather have Anything that isnt a Boring Space Game.
evilogith
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Scout » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:27 pm

So Based on some early feedback,

I will be removing the attack skill from workers as this causes workers to charge at Devourers. Special boosts from structures will be increased. And a tutorial about base building will be made for next release.

There seems to be a lot of people wanting to play as the Devourers. While i still don't plan on implementing them as a campaign, perhaps a few bonus stages where you play as them wouldn't hurt!

I want to commission some music for the game with some money from the Patreon campaign.

Thanks to everyone who tried Terra!
Scout
Somewhat familiar

Postby Midir » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:12 pm

That's pretty well made. I am not a fan of starcraft-like games, but I can confirm this game is appealing in a vorish sense too!
Midir
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Scout » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:34 am

Thank you Midir!
Scout
Somewhat familiar

Postby replicatkd » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:29 pm

I don't know if this is a mistake or not. But if it is I am pretty sure the mistake is on my end.

For some reason I can't "select" units with the mouse. Not by clicking on them, nor by "putting them in the box."

I can order them to move or take action with the mouse. But I can't "select" them.

I can only ''select" them by using the U, I, D, F keys on the keyboard... but since RTS games require quick thinking, is hard to manage each single soldier, and vehicle, and building using the keys.

Basically, I can only use one unit.
replicatkd
Participator

Postby Scout » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:56 pm

You should be able to select with the mouse if you have issues try:
In the option menu under video, try changing the unit selection type to Select Buffer.

For some reason certain machines do not respond well to the default colorpicking selection system. If that doesn't work try the Fustrum Picking option.
Scout
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:09 am

evilogith wrote:NO Offence' but i Rather have Anything that isnt a Boring Space Game.

then why did you comment in the first place? You could've just left the thread silently... and not make yourself look like a dick.

I for one think it might be interesting, it's a different take on the common RTS.
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby Scout » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:47 pm

Thanks Ryan-Drakel!

The #1 request I get for Terra Centauri, is for the ability to play as the Devourers. One major reason is that the devourers are intentionally stronger than the Valkyries, which will remove the element of challenge. After some heavy thinking I have a solution, and I am working on making them as a playable faction! This involves creating a separate faction from the AI controlled version, which follows different set of rules for unit production.

-Devourers morph into structure and turret types not build them.

-The player controlled version features a unique food feature, that requires the player to hunt for food otherwise the devourers will starve to death. You can eat Trees, Valkyries (the main Faction) or Native Creatures for food. Check out this video:

As you see there is only one resource, Food (which is all devourers are concerned with anyways.)

How food works:Warning this is long explanation. The general gist is eat so they wont starve.

The food is displayed like this:

300/350(-32)

Amount of food available / max storage amount ( quota amount needed for next cycle )

All devourers require food at regular intervals throughout the course of a day. Which I refer to cycles. All devourers share one food cycle so no need to check for each individual devourers schedule. On each cycle the quota is subtracted from the available. If there is not enough available, priority is given to older Devourers and the rest are dealt ~30% of max HP as damage. Of course devourers size and strength determines the amount of food they need per cycle. Generally there is about 5-6 cycles per Terra day.

Trees may also be eaten for food, but are a much weaker source of food. Each tree is only worth 2 food while a single Valkyre is worth 25.

Structures, Drones, Vehicles, and Turrets offer no food value.

Certain Structure Types increase the Maximum storage amount.

Coming soon?
-I'm thinking of making it possible to cannibalize your own devourers in an emergency situations, but this is not implemented yet.
-I'm also thinking of adding the ability to eat Crystals, and Ore. These will be an even weaker source of food than trees are.
Scout
Somewhat familiar

Postby Midir » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:01 am

Yes, probably adding independent and weak food faction is a nice solution for devourers?...
Midir
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Scout » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:58 am

Yes, There already are some neutral native creatures that you can hunt!

Side note: You can have the camera follow a unit in 3rd person:

Select a unit and press F4 key to turn on this mode. Press it again or Press SPACE to reset camera.
Also pressing F8 toggles the HUD and Health indicators.

Its fun to command battles, doge devourers, or get eaten in this mode.

Oh and new Hoverboard unit. Fast, Cheap, but unarmed. Great for scouting out large portions of the map quickly.
Scout
Somewhat familiar

Postby Midir » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:35 pm

That's pretty nice!
Midir
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby peteian » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:26 pm

Liking that new hoverboard unit, was wondering if there was a way to scout the map early on without having to sacrifice a lancer/rifle/have a flying unit shot down by anti-air and now there is :D
peteian
---

Postby Balgias » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:39 pm

You need to setup another mirror for the download. Dropbox is downloading at the speed of dial up.
Balgias
Been posting for a bit

Postby Scout » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:13 pm

peteian wrote:Liking that new hoverboard unit, was wondering if there was a way to scout the map early on without having to sacrifice a lancer/rifle/have a flying unit shot down by anti-air and now there is :D

Yea Fills that void pretty well!

Balgias wrote:You need to setup another mirror for the download. Dropbox is downloading at the speed of dial up.

I'm trying to find safe mirrors. I had originally tried MediaFire, but I heard of concerns about possible viruses. So I made this dropbox account as that is a site I trust myself.
Scout
Somewhat familiar

Postby RC8015 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:58 am

I made a small mistake...when i changed to grafic and resolution of the game, i switched to an too high resolution, but realised it too late. Now i can not see the bottom of the game, cant go into the setting menu any more and cant start a new scenario.
I tried to delete the game folder, but even after that the problem stays. Is there any way to change the resolution of the game without starting the game?7

PS: yea, thread necrophili, sure, but same help would be still nice^^
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DarkPinkie » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:00 am

RC8015 wrote:I made a small mistake...when i changed to grafic and resolution of the game, i switched to an too high resolution, but realised it too late. Now i can not see the bottom of the game, cant go into the setting menu any more and cant start a new scenario.
I tried to delete the game folder, but even after that the problem stays. Is there any way to change the resolution of the game without starting the game?7

Did you check in the user folder? A lot of games tend to save some small files there. There might be a tiny folder with a config file there.

(don't actually know, havn't downloaded the game myself.)
I'm currently a developer for Lurking Lizard Studios currently developing Predator's Coliseum.
We also have a public Discord chat!
DarkPinkie
---

Postby RC8015 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:40 am

DarkPinkie wrote:
RC8015 wrote:I made a small mistake...when i changed to grafic and resolution of the game, i switched to an too high resolution, but realised it too late. Now i can not see the bottom of the game, cant go into the setting menu any more and cant start a new scenario.

Did you check in the user folder? A lot of games tend to save some small files there. There might be a tiny folder with a config file there.

(don't actually know, havn't downloaded the game myself.)

I looked thru my whole users folder, but failed tofind anything with the name of the game or the developer studio. Of course there are many folders where i have no clue where they belong to, so there could be the needed file.But as i do not know, i dont want to mess around with files i dont know and what they are for.
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game