Escape or Die-gest - (Now also on Mac!) 1/02/2016

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Escape or Die-gest - (Now also on Mac!) 1/02/2016

Postby GameOfPickles » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:07 am

Hello everyone,

FINISHED GAME DOWNLOAD LINK (MAC): https://mega.nz/#!bYpCVboY!7s5v5XkLVltA ... AxeGqBTx1Q
FINISHED GAME DOWNLOAD LINK (WINDOWS): https://mega.nz/#!3IxmBTKJ!N8q4VKYixWOj ... lJXlPyKDp4

FINISHED GAME DOWNLOAD LINK (no skip function): https://mega.co.nz/#!KcBEAQiY!W9_lZl1Kh ... CE8Fwmoj00
FINISHED GAME DOWNLOAD LINK (No Install Needed / no skip function): https://mega.co.nz/#!rQoFwADS!RvyK5bv72 ... XuJkPnKT_U

UPDATE DEMO TEASER DOWNLOAD LINK: https://mega.co.nz/#!WABBCJDC!u8WaIBwJH ... JoGMzhVnN0

Original Game Download Link: https://mega.nz/file/fQxCkCBS#GFLeUaGjU ... af3J3WcIGw

(Original Game Info)
It's a game where you play as a small mouse guy who gets swallowed by a giant cat girl and you have to escape her stomach. There are 11 levels to the game and it's really just platforming around. It shouldn't take anyone that long to beat the entire game. I would have liked to add more to the game, but my life is starting to get really busy now so I thought I would put something out while I still had the time. Let me know what you think of it. Also let me know if the link doesn't work.

GameOfPickles
Last edited by GameOfPickles on Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:10 am, edited 14 times in total.
GameOfPickles
Somewhat familiar

Re: Escape or Die-gest - Small vore platformer game project

Postby Bright » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:50 am

Hmm, it is a legit game.

As far as platformer go, it is pretty okay.
For a vore platformer, this is pretty decent.

Spoiler: show
Graphics: Cute, standard 2d platforming.

Sound: Not a lot of sound effects, but I think the ones you have add to the stomach feel. Nice burp too.

Gameplay: The controls are responsive and since you got 4 to choose from, it doesn't feel cluttered.

Levels: The beginning ones aren't really that interesting, but you up the difficulty a little bit for each level and introduce new elements and that is good. I find the stomach acid to be rising a bit fast sometimes, but I did manage to play through the game without too much hassle.

Story: Not a lot to go on here, but I thought the ending was satisfying.

The level I thought was hardest:
tough level.jpg
Visit my artblog?
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Tanmanm1 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:50 am

I like it a lot! I would like to see this expanded on when you find the time.
Tanmanm1
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aickavon12 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:23 am

That last level was such bullshit XD not because of the rising acid, or the dropping acids that have killed me... or that acid pool... no, I hate it in platformers when I'm on the tiniest block, and I have to jump on a block directly over my head requiring precision timing. MOst of the time I bunk my head on the block and drop down into the acid XD

other than that a good simple game.
This song is dedicated to Eka.

Never gonna give you up! Never Gonna let you down! Never gonna run around, desert you!
Aickavon12
???

Postby leonskenedi » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:11 pm

Really short but stiil an awesome game good job
leonskenedi
Been posting for a bit

Postby Raiden264 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:06 pm

VERY well done. I like the side by side picture and game play side. The game isn't too hard, yet not too easy either especially the last level and the sound effects are nice.This is in my opinion one of the best platformers on here. Would love to see more levels added!
If ya like the stuff I make please support me on SubscribeStar! Unlock new content here...https://subscribestar.adult/raiv
Raiden264
Participator

Postby MisterFinch » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:15 pm

It's an interesting game. I'm just going to warn you that some areas will have gaps that allow you to jump out of bounds... and yes, the acid rises pretty fast. XD
Beware the two who fight an eternal strife
For if you encounter, you lose your life

Thetalis the Hellworm Tyrant Demon

Seradaphnis the Solmarin Paradox Angel
MisterFinch
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Humbug » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:32 pm

Yeah. The game was a little frustrating at times, but most of the time it was fair, which is the hallmark of a good game.
The only level I said, "Oh bullshit!" on was the one Bright mentioned. The acid droplets don't really have a clear pattern they fall in, and you have little to no time to react when you're at the top, so what I wound up doing was making a mad dash as soon as I started and hoped I would make it. Eventually I did. With platformers, the difficulty should be in your problem-solving skills, not in luck.

That's honestly the only criticism I have, though. It was fun and fair, even if I found myself shaking my head a bit at the absurdity of the jumps I was asked to do in the last level. XD
Humbug
---

Postby Jeschke » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:04 pm

I beat it. Was fine enough with the droplets for the most part, trickiest part for me was doing the jumps up+around the platforms. I'd either hit the corners of the platform above me, or wait too long to jump and walk right over the edge.

Anyway, it was cute and entertaining for a little bit, so yay.
Jeschke
Participator

Postby LilianiMirx » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:30 pm

Humbug wrote:Yeah. The game was a little frustrating at times, but most of the time it was fair, which is the hallmark of a good game.
The only level I said, "Oh bullshit!" on was the one Bright mentioned. The acid droplets don't really have a clear pattern they fall in, and you have little to no time to react when you're at the top, so what I wound up doing was making a mad dash as soon as I started and hoped I would make it. Eventually I did. With platformers, the difficulty should be in your problem-solving skills, not in luck.

That's honestly the only criticism I have, though. It was fun and fair, even if I found myself shaking my head a bit at the absurdity of the jumps I was asked to do in the last level. XD

It's not that difficult, let's say we have drops A B C D E F and G.
I think (IIRC) that all drops have a space in between them where the drops won't touch, so after drop A falls from the top you move under it and just a little past it and look for the next drop, when it falls you move under it.

Basically:
XA_B_C__D__E_F_G
_AXB_C__D__E_F_G
_A_BXC__D__E_F_G
_A_B_C_XD__E_F_G
_A_B_C__D__E_F_G
_A_B_C__D_XE_F_G
_A_B_C__D__EXF_G
_A_B_C__D__E_FXG
_A_B_C__D__E_F_GX

All you gotta do is keep tabs on the drop right in front of you and whenever it falls from the roof you move just a little past it to the clear area and look for the next drop of acid.
LilianiMirx
Participator

Postby bebopy » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:51 pm

Haha, I love it, I kind hoped I could come out the back door though ;)
bebopy
Participator

Postby Humbug » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:58 pm

LilianiMirx wrote:It's not that difficult, let's say we have drops A B C D E F and G.
I think (IIRC) that all drops have a space in between them where the drops won't touch, so after drop A falls from the top you move under it and just a little past it and look for the next drop, when it falls you move under it.

Basically:
XA_B_C__D__E_F_G
_AXB_C__D__E_F_G
_A_BXC__D__E_F_G
_A_B_C_XD__E_F_G
_A_B_C__D__E_F_G
_A_B_C__D_XE_F_G
_A_B_C__D__EXF_G
_A_B_C__D__E_FXG
_A_B_C__D__E_F_GX

All you gotta do is keep tabs on the drop right in front of you and whenever it falls from the roof you move just a little past it to the clear area and look for the next drop of acid.
Fair enough!
Humbug
---

Postby mimiru888 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:22 pm

Gave it a play through, quite cool. Good work, stomach sounds seemed really good to me for some reason.

Keep up the good work, hope you make an expanded version ^_^

bebopy wrote:Haha, I love it, I kind hoped I could come out the back door though ;)

Was kinda hoping the same thing myself :D
mimiru888
Been posting for a bit

Postby reclusenutcase » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:35 am

beat it in a relatively short instance, and liked it, but I will admit that controls were my biggest enemy more than anything else. Having to freakishly have my pinky over to hit the shift key and perform jumps at the same time with space was pointlessly frustrating. Also, you can't hold shift after dying and expect to stay in run state; it won't register if you do that. Instead I had to be patient and wait for my character to load into the scene and then hit shift, but if I was too soon I would wind up walking too slow and shooting my jumps too short. Seriously, there is no point to a run button in this game since you always need to get a move on anyway. I like the game, and would love to see more. Shoot I was thinking of making a similar game in game maker myself. My only gripes are small factors you can easily change in the game maker code. Also, when these issues are met the game's difficulty won't be as frustrating since the simple and solid controls will make up for it.

I take my hat off to you, and commend your achievement. Please consider what I said, and keep up the good work.
reclusenutcase
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GameOfPickles » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:39 pm

I'm glad that everyone seems to be enjoying the game. Additionally, I really appreciate all the great feedback from everyone! I know the controls are not perfect and it's a very short game, but I'm glad you all still got some enjoyment out of it. I would really like to expand on the game by adding things like more mechanics and different animated scenes, such as more instances where the girl reacts to what you are doing inside her stomach. However, I can't promise that these additions will come anytime soon or at all. Nevertheless, thanks again to everyone who downloaded the game!
GameOfPickles
Somewhat familiar

Postby comestible » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:56 pm

Fantastic Game! Splendid execution. The juxtaposition of the outside and inside view is a rare treat, but the integration of the be digested => burp is sheer genius!

more instances where the girl reacts to what you are doing inside her stomach

YES!!!

it's a very short game

Not a problem! Its 100% vore content gives me more time in a girls stomach than most games I've played on Ekas.
comestible
Been posting for a bit

Postby Underup » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:17 am

I'm eager to play, but I'm having trouble with the MEGA download. Can anyone shed some light how to get this site working? It just sits at "starting."
Underup
New to the forum

Postby NekoYuki » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:24 am

Underup wrote:I'm eager to play, but I'm having trouble with the MEGA download. Can anyone shed some light how to get this site working? It just sits at "starting."

Are you usign chrome? i had the smae issue, so i re-launched it in Internet explorer
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby GameOfPickles » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:03 am

I'm not sure if this is the problem, but I know that if you are in incognito mode in chrome then the download will stay at "starting". If this is the case then just open the download link in a non-incognito mode chrome window.
GameOfPickles
Somewhat familiar

Postby four_fleets » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:53 am

NekoYuki wrote:
Underup wrote:I'm eager to play, but I'm having trouble with the MEGA download. Can anyone shed some light how to get this site working? It just sits at "starting."

Are you usign chrome? i had the smae issue, so i re-launched it in Internet explorer

Eug. Use Firefox as an in-between. IE will bog you down.
  I wonder if you'll visit This thread?  

I finally found out how to use BBCcode.
four_fleets
Intermediate Vorarephile

Next

Return to Vore game