Barbftr Games and Enemies.

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Barbftr Custom Enemy Discussion And Forum. (Flash)

Postby Crazyman536 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:52 am

Well, going to be trying my hand at this over the next week, which is amazing since of been procrastinating at trying it since the option came out. Most likely will end up watching the guide you made for each monster I make (if I manage to make even 1 that is, this feels sorta like the programming class I took, failed miserably X_x). well, wish me luck...and maybe hair growth products when I potentially yank my hair out :P

edit: Thus far I've hit a decent number of...complications. the biggest being that, despite the program being the same, it's not running at all like the guide on here. lines aren't clicking together, highlighting small sections will highly the full thing on single objects, etc. maybe with a little luck I'll be able to bypass this problem.
Crazyman536
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jaxed » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:32 am

If I remember correctly, I think the guy who designed one of the recent monsters (The one dinasaur alien who talked to you. For some reason, I can't remember his name at all, despite actually rather enjoying his contribution) had some commissions up for designing monsters for you as well, and if they are of the quality of his other work, his prices weren't all that bad. I think they were $40 for a basic monster package and around $60 for something more complex, though the price would rise with complexity. I'd have to wait for FA to come back up to confirm, though.

I was thinking of perhaps even grabbing one myself that way. I'd think I'd find it even more fun that just a piece of artwork.
Jaxed
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:12 am

Jaxed wrote:If I remember correctly, I think the guy who designed one of the recent monsters (The one dinasaur alien who talked to you. For some reason, I can't remember his name at all, despite actually rather enjoying his contribution) had some commissions up for designing monsters for you as well, and if they are of the quality of his other work, his prices weren't all that bad. I think they were $40 for a basic monster package and around $60 for something more complex, though the price would rise with complexity. I'd have to wait for FA to come back up to confirm, though.

I was thinking of perhaps even grabbing one myself that way. I'd think I'd find it even more fun that just a piece of artwork.
Yes Superflame is the one you're speaking of. But he will be putting them on hold most likely until he gets a better work system set out and price guide. I am more than happen to ask him anything if you need it be.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ladre » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:39 pm

hold on to your wallets, but...f.a is down.
ladre
Participator

Postby starshower » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:10 am

its back up now
starshower
Somewhat familiar

Postby ImaginaryZ » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:00 pm

More updates. Anthro Rex has a LOT of attacks. Proves shrinking, minigames, tossing/y motion, hugs/non attack victory all work. Lots of new possibilities.

Play here:
http://aryion.com/g4/view/276027
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/14465814/
http://imaginaryz.deviantart.com/art/Ba ... -480663714

Download MonsterMaker to make your own monsters here:

https://mega.co.nz/#F!kYAiga7L!bSGfYl7Cg9WbqgeERQJFuQ
http://aryion.com/content/imaginaryzs-junk -> "Barbftr MONSTERMAKER 2014_10_17min.zip"

CHANGELOG SNIPPET:

2014-10-17
G.victoryStatus(); //0 means NO victory, 1 == given, -1 == kill
G.victoryRequest( nextenemy ); //Instantly win against enemy WITHOUT killing them (make each enemy a "maze" to solve...) if nextenemy isn't defined, goes in order.
RAPIDLY TAPPING DOWN == Attack Mode Change (pet mode/attack mode)
G.getPlayerMode(); //Returns the player mode. 0 is normal, 1 is "hug" mode (pet)
G.enemySetAllowPets( doit ); //Allow PETTING of this enemy (you must have a "hitp" animation) if set to 1. 0 disables petting! (default)
2014-10-16
G.syncSubclip( main, subclip, animation, callback ); //For internal shots and other sync clips, keeps the subclip synchronized with the main animations offset correctly. (must match # of frames 1:1) Can also call a function (G, obj, target) after applying animation sync.
2014-10-14
G.setPlayerScale( val ) //Set player scale (100 is default) Note your monster should be carefult to notice player is scaled; and have the victim clips handled as needed....
G.getPlayerScale()//Get player scale (100 is default) Note your monster should be carefult to notice player is scaled; and have the victim clips handled as needed....
G.syncSubclip( main, subclip, animation ); //For internal shots and other sync clips, keeps the subclip synchronized with the main animations offset correctly. (must match # of frames 1:1)
2014-09-06
G.pointsSetPerDamage( value ) //Set the points recieved per HP of damage dealt to enemy (0 is disable!)
G.pointsAdd( amount, dontuselog ) //Add this many points to the player's score for this battle. Optionally, you can disable the logging of these points by seeting the second argument to 1
G.pointsGet( amount ) //Get current total points scored
G.pointsGetFightDelta( amount ) //Get current number of points scored since the start of the current battle
G.enemySetIgnoreWeakHits( value ); //If set to 0 or higher, attacks that do that amount of damage or LESS will not play hit animations. Set to -1 for normal, or pass no arguments.
G.setHMLDef( vh, vm, vl ); //Sets the high, medium and low defense stats in one call.
G.setHMLAtk( vh, vm, vl ); //Sets the high, medium and low attack stats in one call.
Loving-Ultra-Cuddle-Soft-Vore aficionado;
Fur Affinity
Deviant Art
YouTube
Nothing worth doing is easy!
ImaginaryZ
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ladre » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:55 pm

i like the improvements and i hope it stays like this....sorta..."safe" softvore and stuff
ladre
Participator

Re: Barbftr Custom Enemy Discussion And Forum. (2014-10-17)

Postby ImaginaryZ » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:32 pm

More REALLY IMPORTANT improvements;

https://mega.co.nz/#!5cZ30boB!0wX8kLqtd ... lZP6utOiBU
http://aryion.com/content/imaginaryzs-junk -> "Barbftr MONSTERMAKER 2014_10_27.zip"

The new "ExternalTemplate2.fla" is how we should make monsters from now on. Please migrate your monsters to external files so the core "maker" itself just plays the enemies you make. This will help sharing, and make developing monsters MUCH faster. Note that this new template EXACTLY mimics the monsters INSIDE the game, so you can always add them in very easily later. (By making a new symbol, and copy pasting all the enemy frames in and rearranging the library. takes a minute or two.)

It's really important to do this, but it will stop the idea of "one file == lots of monsters" which kills the ability to upload the flash to aryion, fa, da, and so forth.

Unless there is a way to host something like that, well. You might as well get used to the idea of downloading the file for use offline; and storing a list of monsters? Do people care about that? I know some people try to not store any vore on local machines or devices...

http://aryion.com/g4/view/276027
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/14865343/
http://imaginaryz.deviantart.com/art/Ba ... -480663714

Onto better things, and randomly poking barb when the mood strikes me.

Ciao,
-Z
Fur Affinity
Deviant Art
YouTube
ImaginaryZ
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jaxed » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:35 am

Doesn't seem to be working for me :/
Jaxed
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ladre » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:41 pm

superflame posted an updted version with new monster

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/14963662/

sfw
ladre
Participator

Postby 67vorelover67 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:53 pm

ladre wrote:superflame posted an updted version with new monster

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/14963662/

sfw

cool
67vorelover67
New to the forum

Postby 67vorelover67 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:02 am

67vorelover67
New to the forum

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:16 am

I'm not sure if this might be slightly off-topic. But especially since I don't / won't have Adobe's Flash development toolkit, I was wondering if anyone considered a html5 port of barbftr. Would make it much easier to play with and mod and improve, as well ready for a future in which Flash will be replaced by html5.
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby ImaginaryZ » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:28 pm

I'm not sure if this might be slightly off-topic. But especially since I don't / won't have Adobe's Flash development toolkit, I was wondering if anyone considered a html5 port of barbftr. Would make it much easier to play with and mod and improve, as well ready for a future in which Flash will be replaced by html5.

Flash isn't going away, because nobody has made a vector render system that can do what flash's does (academic render systems (polytest) like those your browser use can't replicate flash graphics which uses a two edge system heavily optimized for line rendering)
I've already written my own decompiler for .swf files to extract the graphics at a bare minimum (if you want it ask PM wise), but trying to use "HTML5" doesn't work AT ALL; in fact, it's so broken you can't even draw a single character. But you CAN get the data out, just not draw it properly yet, so at least that work can be saved, though it'd be faster to redo it all.

So, the result is, I'm writing a new system for redoing all of that work IN a portable text format USING BLENDER, so that it DOES work on any HTML5/OpenGL 2.0/ES2.0 enabled system;
But, if you get started writing apps early or making frameworks that can 1. display meshes with shape keys blended together 2. use textures, then it can support what I call "UVX" system.
Also, if you didn't know, flash provides projectors for flash so you can play .swf files OUTSIDE of the browser, making most all properly made (non-server dependent) flash games portable with a virtual machine; (and you can hack any that are) so no, flash isn't going away, but the old AS2.0 type players are dead in favor of AiR type stuff that is, in effect, just HTML5. So who knows which one will win out;

Point is,learn Blender. It's where we're going next.

-Z
Fur Affinity
Deviant Art
YouTube
ImaginaryZ
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MirceaKitsune » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:29 pm

I'm still not a fan of flash, but I heard it's better for animation... although I think javascript + svg images could allow for the same features at the very end. And I'm glad to see someone else here who likes Blender so much... I use it a lot too, but only for 3D stuff :-D
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Re: Barbftr Custom Enemy Discussion And Forum. (2014-10-27)

Postby ladre » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:50 am

so....any update? i've heard a lot from superflame(swampert ftw)

but what happened to z,al and even vorelover?
ladre
Participator

Postby Krieg » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:54 am

ladre wrote:so....any update? i've heard a lot from superflame(swampert ftw)

Quick breakdown;

Superflame's getting munie via commissions so that's why he's made more so far, primarily.

Z is Z and wiggles all over the place doing whatever, though most likely working on code more than monsters and adapting his current set of monsters to the new code.

Al once upon a time was consistently adding new content, though hasn't updated for more than half a year now. Probably working with Z oh and also because people are fucking idiots and saying "WHEN WILL THE NEW UPDATE COME IN? WHEN NEW UPDATE? NEW UPDATE? NEW.UPDATE?" and flipped a table most likely and is doing stuff with Z, if anything at all.

Vorelover had a HDD fuckup and only recently got working on something. Two Latias which are in closed testing.

Oh also, there's BlutheLizard that also made a barbftr enemy but again, idiots pissed him off and were complaining about unfinished monsters (when it said in the description that they were alpha and he intended on working on them) but because people suffer from mental blights, they still kept complaining (about being given free stuff, woah) and eventually he just went more to gaming than bothering. So he has little time, less motivation than he had time and yeah. He said he'd (at the very least) try to finish what he has, but that's left to question because people just vanish off of the internet.
Krieg
Participator

Postby 8Shapes4Colors » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:04 am

Krieg wrote:
ladre wrote:so....any update? i've heard a lot from superflame(swampert ftw)

Quick breakdown;

Superflame's getting munie via...

... He said he'd (at the very least) try to finish what he has, but that's left to question because people just vanish off of the internet.

Partially right.

Z's working on new things and trying to improve things.

Blu isn't working on Barbftr much because he's got work and some changes to the 'engine' barbftr uses have been upsetting.

Superflame is still working on stuff, good for him!

And I am just kind of tired of working on barbftr, for reasons both listed by you and unlisted reasons. That and life's been busy lately.
Treat everyone else with more respect than you treat yourself and only the foolish will call you selfish.
-Something I made up on the fly
8Shapes4Colors
Somewhat familiar

Postby Krieg » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:28 am

Considering I don't pry much into your and other's blogs and don't know ya lot that well, I guess I'm happy with being able to be somewhat right :v though yeah, you've worked on it for like, 2 years now? Nobody can really blame ya haha!
Krieg
Participator

Postby betacygni » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:28 pm

Out of curiosity, is there or will there be the ability to add our own player characters? None of the current ones really do much for me.

Also, I totally understand getting burned out on projects- I have a bunch of old game projects laying around that people asked me to release and I couldn't even get motivated enough to put them in a workable state. When you work on stuff for so long it becomes hard to get interested in adding more stuff because you're tired of working on it.
betacygni
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game