Citadel Station - Online 2D Action Game [Second Server]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Citadel Station 13 - Crash/Lag Fixed

Postby CodeX » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:04 pm

Hardware upgrade. Expanded RAM to eliminate crashing. Increased network bandwidth to 100mbps. Faster HDD. DDoS protection. Server IP is byond://142.4.212.222:44130 until people's DNS caches update.
CodeX
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Citadel Station 13 - Updated

Postby CodeX » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:23 am

Updating this since I haven't posted in the Eka's thread in ages. We've had two merges, basically. Server is still going. Normally lowest being 10 - 15, highest being around 30. Tweaks and updates here and there. All the info in the OP is correct as well.
CodeX
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Citadel Station 13 - Updated [2/28/2015]

Postby wierdo2000 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:11 am

really wish the smartfridge could be loaded with pies and pasta, the kitchen gets filled with different food very quickly

those fox stews takes up a lot of space
wierdo2000
Somewhat familiar

Postby Schpadoinkle » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:59 pm

Forgive me if this question has been asked already in this thread, but I had a question.

Since this is much more action based than VORE station, do vore preferences still apply or are people allowed to do vore types to you that you aren't into?
Schpadoinkle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby CodeX » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:14 pm

Schpadoinkle wrote:Forgive me if this question has been asked already in this thread, but I had a question.

Since this is much more action based than VORE station, do vore preferences still apply or are people allowed to do vore types to you that you aren't into?

There's an option to blacklist vore types from happening to you.
CodeX
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Schpadoinkle » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:22 pm

Does that include gender? Or can I list prefs somewhere like on VORE?
Schpadoinkle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby hernextmeal » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:59 pm

Schpadoinkle wrote:Does that include gender? Or can I list prefs somewhere like on VORE?

No it doesn't, I don't believe. Use LOOC to communicate and if someone is being a dickparade, that's usually what admins are for.
hernextmeal
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Schpadoinkle » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:11 pm

Right, we have the same rule on the other server. I just wanted to know if I could have some indication that I didn't want to be eaten by certain characters, because this is a more actiony server. I heard that vore is used similar to any other method of killing someone as part of your mission, but I was wondering if I was forced to just accept it, or if I could communicate this to a potential antag without being given that amount of time to expose them/fight back if they caught me unaware or something.
Schpadoinkle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby CodeX » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:49 pm

At some point I'll be able to keep this thread more up to date.
CodeX
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Pallyo » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:04 am

Do not join. The server is run by Admins that abuse their powers and friendwhore constantly. They let their friends get away with anything no matter what they did, and then ban you for simple mistakes and don't have any desire to help new people.

In simple words: This server is total garbage. The vore stuff is not worth it and rarely gets done whatsoever, not to mention the vore system is pre-alpha garbage at best and not even being updated. The people are total selfish pricks except for two or three that try to avoid all the bullshit that flings around because of the poor management.

Moral of this: Go to another SS13 server if you're trying to find one, you'll at least have fun. SS13 itself thru BYOND is pretty fun, but you need more than the 8 people these chucklefucks have on the server at any given time.

You get the typical furry drama bullshit if you go here. Wasted my time.
Last edited by Pallyo on Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pallyo
New to the forum

Postby Kaylish » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:24 am

Its been a while since I was on this server;

I used to have a LOT of fun on it, as I found that the RP server was a little slow paced, and there was some pretty heavy "mary-sue"ing and admin nepotism. Unfortunately, it seems much of that has migrated here.

I do LOVE that the vore system has been upgraded somewhat since I left! Thank you Codex, or whomever you worked with to do that :)

However, I believe that in order for the server to get back on its feet, a review of admins, and the processes by which they are allowed to operate(as opposed to the arbitrary use of judgement on their part), should probably occur.

I am NOT saying "RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE ADMINS SUCK! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE SHITCURITY EVERYWHERE! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!" but I am saying that admins may need a bit of a talking to, if they're letting some of the frienderbating to happen to the extent it does.

That being said:

THANK YOU!

Thank you for giving us all a server that has a good chunk of the spirit of ss13 still at its core!

Thank you for giving it so many options!

Thank you for putting in so much time and work; both of these things are so often under-appreciated.

In short,
Thank you, you wonderful bastard.
Kaylish
Been posting for a bit

Postby antitheology » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:25 pm

Pallyo wrote:Do not join. The server is run by Admins that abuse their powers and friendwhore constantly. They let their friends get away with anything no matter what they did, and then ban you for simple mistakes and don't have any desire to help new people.

I actually stopped playing here a little less than half a year ago because of problems identical to ones you described, and this leaves me with little doubt you are telling the truth.
I used to have fun here until I realized certain Admins would always spawn themselves and their friends as antags and RDM the entire crew, and this quickly became the norm and eventually the best case scenario.

Some examples of my experiences are...
I once imprisoned an antag Admin and they teleported themselves out of prison. (The server host actually saw this happen and stopped it, which I was very happy to see)
I once killed an antag Admin, only for them to resurrect themselves and continue playing.
Having blobs spawned next to the shuttle because an antag player (me) was about to win.
An Admin spawned as a Cultist, gave themselves all the best gear and proceeded to RDM the entire crew.

I also noticed that these thoughts are also held by the better Admins, I witnessed an Admin banning a well known troll for intentionally destroying the station, the players were incredibly grateful, only for the Admin to say something to the effect of "He will just go cry to Jay and Jay will unban him", and true enough, that player was back the very next day, making it his mission to ruin the experience for everyone else.

I had hoped this kind of behavior would eventually be weeded out and planned to return in the future, but since then I discovered other servers, which have been incredibly welcoming, friendly and completely free of Admin abuse, so have had little reason to return.

I really want this server to be free of this terrible behavior since I have previously had good rounds (as I mentioned in the very first response to this thread), but the state the server was in when I left, and the state described by Pallyo is not fun for anyone who isn't on very good terms with the active Admins.
antitheology
New to the forum

Postby Pallyo » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:51 pm

antitheology wrote:
Pallyo wrote:Do not join. The server is run by Admins that abuse their powers and friendwhore constantly. They let their friends get away with anything no matter what they did, and then ban you for simple mistakes and don't have any desire to help new people.

I actually stopped playing here a little less than half a year ago because of problems identical to ones you described, and this leaves me with little doubt you are telling the truth.
I used to have fun here until I realized certain Admins would always spawn themselves and their friends as antags and RDM the entire crew, and this quickly became the norm and eventually the best case scenario.

I once imprisoned an antag Admin and they teleported themselves out of prison. (The server host actually saw this happen and stopped it, which I was very happy to see)
I once killed an antag Admin, only for them to resurrect themselves and continue playing.
Having blobs spawned next to the shuttle because an antag player (me) was about to win.
An Admin spawned as a Cultist, gave themselves all the best gear and proceeded to RDM the entire crew.

I also noticed that these thoughts are also held by the better Admins, I witnessed an Admin banning a well known troll for intentionally destroying the station, the players were incredibly grateful, only for the Admin to say something to the effect of "He will just go cry to Jay and Jay will unban him", and true enough, that player was back the very next day, making it his mission to ruin the experience for everyone else.

I had hoped this kind of behavior would eventually be weeded out and planned to return in the future, but since then I discovered other servers, which have been incredibly welcoming, friendly and completely free of Admin abuse, so have had little reason to return.

I really want this server to be free of this terrible behavior since I have previously had good rounds (as I mentioned in the very first response to this thread), but the state the server was in when I left, and the state described by Pallyo is not fun for anyone who isn't on very good terms with the active Admins.

This is really important and I'm glad people can reinforce my statements. I did not witness any direct power abuse (like teleporting) myself, but the constant selectiveness was incredibly ridiculous. I have seen one occasion where stuff was spawned in specifically near pods/shuttles that would make it so that only one person escaped safely while everyone struggled to fight ducks or the likes. The server and community needs serious improvements before it should be played by anyone. Would you mind recommending me some alternative servers as you mentioned, maybe preferably one with a good average playercount above 30 and isn't strict on RP, but has competent admins that actually do what they're there to do?
Pallyo
New to the forum

Postby CodeX » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:12 pm

antitheology wrote:

In the year this server has existed there's been maybe 4 actual complaints. Sorry to hear everything is up to your liking. But not everyone will be happy based on the results of something.
CodeX
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Liquor » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:20 pm

This is Vega, an admin on the server, btw.

This is so, so wrong it hurts.

Half a year ago, the admins were different, for starters. I'm not saying the server is totally free from admin dickery, but more often than not, it occurs low pop on extended in the middle of the night, and is well received. At worst during the day, (typically), it's possessing one of the plushies or making objects talk, little things that don't tend to affect the round, antag round or otherwise.

The incidents Pally are describing leave out a few inconvenient truths, or are false entirely. Here's how it usually went down for Pally on the server. He'd send an ahelp. A few times, the claims were substantiated. People got a few hours ban or a day ban in one case. Non-antags acting like antags, and all was well. He doesn't mention that. Where he would start losing his mind is if he didn't like the outcome. He'd complain about being punched, getting injected with something, once as traitor, once for breaking into a room (whether ERP was going on in the room or not, on SS13, if someone breaks into a room you're in, there's reason to be suspicious!) A brawl is typically an IC unless it results in death, and a player being removed from the round by a nonantag. A bar brawl, more or less, right? If he was slighted or robusted, immediate ahelp. If he didn't like the judgement call an admin made: "DO YOUR FUCKING JOB AND FIX THIS" etc, etc. Swearing, all caps, general bitch fit. If he didn't like the outcome of an ahelp, it was because we were shitty admins not doing our jobs, coming from someone who has played SS13 for all of a day or two, because he knows how an admin should operate on the server, apparently.

What finally got him banned from the server. He's working in robotics. Antag comes in and kills him. He reports that he's been killed in OOC (IC in OOC is against the rules. We'll let a few quips and accidents slide here and there because SS13 induces rage sometimes, but this was far more blatant). OOC is muted. He ahelps about it and is told, "It's legit." Which, for most players, is enough. Not for him. Unmute OOC, he starts rattling off IC in OOC again. Mute him specifically from OOC. He respawns as the same character because he felt like he was wronged. Ban him for constant IC in OOC and same-name respawning. Just a day ban, because he needed to relax, clearly.

Boy did he relax.

Starts bringing it up in skype chat, which is more IC in OOC, as anyone who plays on the server is in said skype chat. We warn him that the ban will extend if he continues and post this rule:

"Ingame administration has the final say in all ingame matters. If problems arise, you can report offending or abusive admins on the forums. If an admin says something was valid, it means it was valid. This is the admin’s way of saying it’s been investigated and found to not breaking any rules; The admin will not reveal ingame information."

Which is exactly what happened. That's not good enough for him. This is where he starts getting delusional. He thinks everyone is out to get him:

"Yes, I do.
[1:38:09 AM] Ekrotus: I've read them
[1:38:11 AM] Ekrotus: Have you?
[1:38:16 AM] Ekrotus: You don't seem to enforce them too well.
[1:38:20 AM] Ekrotus: Pricks.
[1:38:38 AM] Ekrotus: Was she a fucking traitor and objective was to kill me, is that it?
[1:38:57 AM] Ekrotus: Oh my god you gave her a custom objective to kill me, didn't you?
[1:39:03 AM] Ekrotus: You dirty fucking cunts."

She was an antag. She wasn't given an objective to kill Ekrotus. She was just a ling. This was also Ekro's attitude towards us most of the time, that being extremely hostile towards both players and admins alike, IC and OOC. Cursing, calling us cuntbags if he didn't like the outcome of an ahelp, all caps, etc, etc. I tried to help him out, I did. I linked him to specific SS13 wikipedia posts (game shortcuts, etc). I watched him play and gave him advice, such as grabbing a restrained player doesn't actually restrain them, pull instead. Hell, I even friended him on Skype when I realized I linked him to the wrong wiki, just to be sure he got the correct information. I offered to show him how to set up the engine, told him if he had any questions to let me know and I'd help him learn the job/game. I was patient with him. And again, some of his ahelps got people kicked or banned. Some of his ahelps were valid, such as a nonantag breaking into armory and stealing guns, being a general shit. It's a vore server. You get trolls. Even the people who come for the vore like to troll. It happens. It was when it didn't result in a ban that an issue arose because he had decided above all others that it was wrong, and he was right.

So his ban is extended because he won't drop the issue in skype, wherein he resorts to flooding the Skype chat for awhile until the host hops on and kicks him. Thousands of messages in an a short amount of time.

[2:25:25 AM] Ekrotus: HONK
[2:25:26 AM] Ekrotus: HONK

Repeat.

[2:48:50 AM] Ekrotus: howboutno
[2:48:51 AM] Ekrotus: howboutno

And thus, the ban is permanent. While I originally thought it harsh to permaban him as he was making progress in the server and it seemed like he was starting to grasp SS13, this being the /second/ time he's flooded Skype like this, I'd have to agree now. Toxic player, toxic attitude. I tried to help him, I really, really did. I try to help all new players. But Ekrotus (pally) makes it really, really hard to /want/ to help him when he loses his temper over any slight. Even when I was trying to help him learn he'd swear at me. I thought we were making progress the other night. I headbanned him because he's so new, and told him I'd remove the bans as he learned the jobs. He took it pretty well, only a few swears at me. I even ran through a few fake scenarios with him, "What do you do when x happens" etc. I headbanned him as he went captain without knowing any shortcuts (pulling restrained, as mentioned), and not knowing what certain events mean (machine uprising, had an assistant help him). That's fine for someone who isn't a captain. And again, for the /most/ part, he took it well. It was this final incident last night that set him over the edge, and so deep are his anger issues that he posts on any forum advertising the server. I wouldn't be opposed to lifting the ban after awhile. Most people who at least /try/ don't get permabanned, as in, people who aren't here to troll the vore community, etc etc, and he did try, he just lost his temper fairly frequently.

In closing, he was removed from the server entirely after several sever incidents. I was lenient and patient with him, but he made it difficult to work with him. Now he turns to forums to flame the server.

Don't let the complaints of one ruin the experience for the rest. The server has been under new admin-ship for a little while now. We run custom events, and try to be as fair as we can, while staying true to SS13 spirit. Come play!
Liquor
New to the forum

Postby antitheology » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:48 pm

Liquor wrote:-snip-

It's good to hear your view on administration and it seems you have a good mentality towards it, I really hope that the bad elements of this server have been removed or changed dramatically since I last played (half a year IS a long time)

I've never been banned or punished by the admins on this server myself, I stopped playing because the admin abuse and players being above the rules were so common that I had learned which admins were the abusers and would constantly watch the online admin list and just stop playing when any of them came on, eventually I decided I would try another server and didn't look back.

I will try the server again and hope that the bad influences have been removed or reduced since I last played.
antitheology
New to the forum

Postby Pallyo » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:29 pm

Liquor wrote:This is Vega, an admin on the server, btw.

This is so, so wrong it hurts.

--Snippy snip--

I actually got a few laughs and enjoyed the story.

Oh, yeah, you forgot a few very, very important details though!

Several quotes from Leon:

"You are a fucking child.
[2:43:04 AM] Leon: Grow up.
[2:43:24 AM] Leon: Stop being a shitlord and you won't get admun'd all the fucking time."

"You are the biggest child."

"Your naiveté is adorable."

"No, fuck you. It's a secret round and it's legit."

"I don't fucking care."

"No, I'm done.
[2:47:53 AM] Leon: I'm making this a permaban.
[2:47:55 AM] Leon: You're done."

You forgot to mention that. This is a very good example of how you and Leon treated me. I only began flooding when a rude remark was made. Insult me? I send about 100 messages. Do it again? repeat. It was my response to the shit and trash you guys slung. I threw it back in the form of spam.

Oh, and the part where you say;

"People got a few hours ban or a day ban in one case. Non-antags acting like antags, and all was well. He doesn't mention that."

I didn't mention it because no, you did not do this whatsoever. If I sent an ahelp, beit for assistance or a question, I was ignored or responded to with things like "You're a fucking idiot, shut up" or "You're such a child" quite often. You assume that giving me a link to a wiki that I was already reading to learn from is "teaching" me everything and being "patient". Nobody was banned or kicked from any single one of my requests for help from any of you. If someone like Aranamor went around killing everyone, you ignored my plea and waited until the other players, or your friends, started complaining before you even began to make any sort of effort to contain or handle the situation.

If you wanted me to learn, you could have told me information. You could have not left me in the dark. You decided to respond with insults or two-word things, make attempts to blame me for other peoples' mistakes, as I have said above, things like the Captain placing someone in Perma unjustly, and then you immediately assumed I put them there.

Also;

"(whether ERP was going on in the room or not, on SS13, if someone breaks into a room you're in, there's reason to be suspicious!)"
Let me just take the rules from your site here:

"-- With all else said, this is an action server, and shit is gonna happen. We can't help it if your ERP gets interrupted by a traitor killing their target or by a meteor smashing into the room."

Yes, you can be suspicious if someone goes into your room. No, you can't inject them with a sleep toxin and then throw their items around because you're suddenly huffy that you hand to take your hand off your dick for a second.

So yes, you guys were out to get me and shit on everything I tried to do. If you would like me to begin explaining, in detail, all of the situations that you failed to handle, I can do that next.

When I say "Job", it -is- your job. You volunteered to administrate for the server and yet you only do what you want to do or handle. You can't volunteer to do, say, Shelter work, but only feed only half of the dogs, or the ones you only like the absolute most. Some of them will get upset and even die from the negligence. You make the option consistently to only respond to cries for help from your friends, which is an incredible analogy.

"She was an antag. She wasn't given an objective to kill Ekrotus. She was just a ling."

Also, she did not have the right to kill me. I understand antag allows someone to fulfill their objectives, but when said person goes completely out of their way to simply kill someone "because they felt like it", that isn't okay. Just because someone is an antag should not suddenly give them a security blanket that allows them to suddenly be able to disregard half of the rules. She killed me in front of everyone that was currently on the server except for someone who was AFK, so even being a changeling, that was 100% spite killing, because changing into me at that point would have blatantly blown her cover.

Also, the end where you try to advertise and influence people to join made me laugh the most. You sound like a republican. "VOTE FOR US WE AREN'T GOING TO START ANOTHER WAR! :D" sort of garbage.

Needless to say yes, I got angry when you opted to not help me when rules were being broken by your friends. It's not my fault that I have a pet peeve against poor/selective/favoritism administration or management. I'm not flaming here. You get good reviews. You get bad. You're trying to lie and silence the bad right now like an indie developer who's salty that a YouTuber said their game was flawed.
Pallyo
New to the forum

Postby CodeX » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:52 pm

Updated OP with make-shift point system until otherwise stated.
CodeX
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Liquor » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:02 pm

Untrue, and you know it. Remember, what was the name. .. Richard I think? Stole guns from armory while you were sec. He was banned for a day as he was non antag. You even said at round end something to the effect of, "People think I'm not robust, how's that mother fucker? " To which Leon responded, "He was banned. He wasn't here. "

If your claims were legitimate we responded, be it a warning or a ban. Another player was warned after a bad sec round. The player of Richard is actually Leon's good friend. But they weren't always cause for concern, and that's where you took issue.

And lastly, when in the course of three days on the server send about two dozen ahelps and spam the Skype chat twice as shown previously, you are being childish. There's no way around that.

I honestly think you'd do better on Ace's server. It's a lot slower paced. We've implemented new punishment guidelines for the admins to follow. I'm not sure if the host would relinquish your ban after all that's happened, but if so, I'd invite you to come play again. Up to you.
Liquor
New to the forum

Postby maraudingmarauder » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:37 pm

Liquor wrote:I honestly think you'd do better on Ace's server. It's a lot slower paced. We've implemented new punishment guidelines for the admins to follow. I'm not sure if the host would relinquish your ban after all that's happened, but if so, I'd invite you to come play again. Up to you.

Spamflooding the skype chat is behaviour that we don't want either.

And no, I don't care what circumstances led up to it.
maraudingmarauder
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game