Citadel Station - Online 2D Action Game [Second Server]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Citadel Station 13 - Updated [2/28/2015]

Postby hernextmeal » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:54 pm

CodeX wrote:
antitheology wrote:
Pallyo wrote:Do not join. The server is run by Admins that abuse their powers and friendwhore constantly. They let their friends get away with anything no matter what they did, and then ban you for simple mistakes and don't have any desire to help new people.

I actually stopped playing here a little less than half a year ago because of problems identical to ones you described, and this leaves me with little doubt you are telling the truth.
I used to have fun here until I realized certain Admins would always spawn themselves and their friends as antags and RDM the entire crew, and this quickly became the norm and eventually the best case scenario.

Some examples of my experiences are...
I once imprisoned an antag Admin and they teleported themselves out of prison. (The server host actually saw this happen and stopped it, which I was very happy to see)
I once killed an antag Admin, only for them to resurrect themselves and continue playing.
Having blobs spawned next to the shuttle because an antag player (me) was about to win.
An Admin spawned as a Cultist, gave themselves all the best gear and proceeded to RDM the entire crew.

I also noticed that these thoughts are also held by the better Admins, I witnessed an Admin banning a well known troll for intentionally destroying the station, the players were incredibly grateful, only for the Admin to say something to the effect of "He will just go cry to Jay and Jay will unban him", and true enough, that player was back the very next day, making it his mission to ruin the experience for everyone else.

I had hoped this kind of behavior would eventually be weeded out and planned to return in the future, but since then I discovered other servers, which have been incredibly welcoming, friendly and completely free of Admin abuse, so have had little reason to return.

I really want this server to be free of this terrible behavior since I have previously had good rounds (as I mentioned in the very first response to this thread), but the state the server was in when I left, and the state described by Pallyo is not fun for anyone who isn't on very good terms with the active Admins.

In the year this server has existed there's been maybe 4 actual complaints. Sorry to hear everything is up to your liking. But not everyone will be happy based on the results of something.

No, the shit absolutely does continue to happen. I remember a couple of weeks ago there was a jackoff named James Russle (omg rustled jimmies so funny, dank meme m80... NOT) who would constantly antag as not antag every round and if anyone did anything to stop him they'd get admin-fucked.

I don't care about the random gifs and shit, but I've already had my fair share of 4chan-level admin fuckery. Some people apparently still think it's funny, but I'm not 14 anymore.
hernextmeal
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Leon_Leonardo » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:04 pm

Pallyo wrote:Snip

I dug up my old account just for you. Hope you're happy. The primary reason you were banned were because of your constant responses like these:

[2:48:50 AM] Ekrotus: Typical overdramatic friendwhoring furfucks.
[2:49:09 AM] Ekrotus: Literally not doing shit because they're your friend.

[2:52:15 AM] Ekrotus: Go suck a cunt.

[4/6/2015 11:48:34 PM] Ekrotus: OH MY FUCKING GOD
[4/6/2015 11:48:37 PM] Ekrotus: READ IT
[4/6/2015 11:48:39 PM] Ekrotus: I JUST FUCKING SAID

[4/6/2015 11:51:55 PM] Ekrotus: MY
[4/6/2015 11:51:57 PM] Ekrotus: FUCKING
[4/6/2015 11:51:57 PM] Ekrotus: GOD

These were the general caliber of all messages from you. You claim to give what you got, but you got nothing more than what you began with: which was completely overboard, insane, childish complaining and caps-typing that just signals to me and anyone else, "This guy won't listen and there is no point in trying."
Leon_Leonardo
New to the forum

Postby Poojawa » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:08 pm

"She was an antag. She wasn't given an objective to kill Ekrotus. She was just a ling."

Correct

Also, she did not have the right to kill me.

Incorrect. Antags Are given a flat pass for most actions. This allows them to actually do antag objectives.

> Murdering people in direct contention based upon current round behavior and probability of screaming/killing you?
A-Okay to do

>Blowing up parts of the station strategically to either force a reaction, kill a target, or deny ground
A-okay to do as long as it isn't just blowing holes to do it.

> Murdering people by the dozens with an E-sword when you don't have kill-all/hijack/target objectives?
Not okay, and will be looked into with a likely antag ban for poor sportsmanship.

I understand antag allows someone to fulfill their objectives, but when said person goes completely out of their way to simply kill someone "because they felt like it", that isn't okay. Just because someone is an antag should not suddenly give them a security blanket that allows them to suddenly be able to disregard half of the rules. She killed me in front of everyone that was currently on the server except for someone who was AFK, so even being a changeling, that was 100% spite killing, because changing into me at that point would have blatantly blown her cover.

What you thought was spite killing was fairly tactical, actually. especially since you are a screamer.

Oh look, Vega, Leon and I all weighing in.

You've been weighed.
You've been measured.

You've been found wanting.
Poojawa
Been posting for a bit

Postby Pallyo » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:33 pm

Poojawa wrote:
"She was an antag. She wasn't given an objective to kill Ekrotus. She was just a ling."

Correct

Also, she did not have the right to kill me.

Incorrect. Antags Are given a flat pass for most actions. This allows them to actually do antag objectives.

> Murdering people in direct contention based upon current round behavior and probability of screaming/killing you?
A-Okay to do

>Blowing up parts of the station strategically to either force a reaction, kill a target, or deny ground
A-okay to do as long as it isn't just blowing holes to do it.

> Murdering people by the dozens with an E-sword when you don't have kill-all/hijack/target objectives?
Not okay, and will be looked into with a likely antag ban for poor sportsmanship.

I understand antag allows someone to fulfill their objectives, but when said person goes completely out of their way to simply kill someone "because they felt like it", that isn't okay. Just because someone is an antag should not suddenly give them a security blanket that allows them to suddenly be able to disregard half of the rules. She killed me in front of everyone that was currently on the server except for someone who was AFK, so even being a changeling, that was 100% spite killing, because changing into me at that point would have blatantly blown her cover.

What you thought was spite killing was fairly tactical, actually. especially since you are a screamer.

Oh look, Vega, Leon and I all weighing in.

You've been weighed.
You've been measured.

You've been found wanting.

You take literally nothing seriously and everything is apparently a joke to you. I was killed for absolutely no reason to the point it was murderboning, which is against the rules, so no, she did NOT have the right to kill me.

The rule in question, and I quote:
"--Murderboning as a traitor (or similar antag) will not be tolerated, regardless of your objectives. Defending yourself as a traitor is one thing, but actively hunting down players with no relationship to your objective(s) is not allowed."

Jay spoke to me and handled it. You can quit the fucking insults against me, all three of you. You're simply proving just how shit you treated me while I was there and are reinforcing how poorly you handle things and cause more drama.

I left my review. The server is a massive, typical fur-drama server because of the excessive selectiveness you've done and I have no doubt all three of you will still do it, even with the new system Jay is implementing.

Leon_Leonardo wrote:
Pallyo wrote:Snip

I dug up my old account just for you. Hope you're happy. The primary reason you were banned were because of your constant responses like these:

[2:48:50 AM] Ekrotus: Typical overdramatic friendwhoring furfucks.
[2:49:09 AM] Ekrotus: Literally not doing shit because they're your friend.

[2:52:15 AM] Ekrotus: Go suck a cunt.

[4/6/2015 11:48:34 PM] Ekrotus: OH MY FUCKING GOD
[4/6/2015 11:48:37 PM] Ekrotus: READ IT
[4/6/2015 11:48:39 PM] Ekrotus: I JUST FUCKING SAID

[4/6/2015 11:51:55 PM] Ekrotus: MY
[4/6/2015 11:51:57 PM] Ekrotus: FUCKING
[4/6/2015 11:51:57 PM] Ekrotus: GOD

These were the general caliber of all messages from you. You claim to give what you got, but you got nothing more than what you began with: which was completely overboard, insane, childish complaining and caps-typing that just signals to me and anyone else, "This guy won't listen and there is no point in trying."

I think you failed to notice your own comments. Yes, I used caps. Yes, I complained. It was due to the ignorance and complete lack of attentiveness to the situations presented. I rarely slung direct insults like the two you describe, yet practically every single line you said something to me was some feeble attempt to make a remark on how "immature" or "childish" I am, which apparently seems to be your catchphrases because of how often you use the terms.
Pallyo
New to the forum

Postby Leon_Leonardo » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:09 pm

Pallyo wrote:I think you failed to notice your own comments. Yes, I used caps. Yes, I complained. It was due to the ignorance and complete lack of attentiveness to the situations presented. I rarely slung direct insults like the two you describe, yet practically every single line you said something to me was some feeble attempt to make a remark on how "immature" or "childish" I am, which apparently seems to be your catchphrases because of how often you use the terms.

Nigh on every reply to an a-help received from you was laced with a "fuck you" or a "do your job" or "you don't know shit." You are a know-it-all child, simply put, and you are blind to your own bullshit.
Leon_Leonardo
New to the forum

Postby Pallyo » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:23 pm

Leon_Leonardo wrote:
Pallyo wrote:I think you failed to notice your own comments. Yes, I used caps. Yes, I complained. It was due to the ignorance and complete lack of attentiveness to the situations presented. I rarely slung direct insults like the two you describe, yet practically every single line you said something to me was some feeble attempt to make a remark on how "immature" or "childish" I am, which apparently seems to be your catchphrases because of how often you use the terms.

Nigh on every reply to an a-help received from you was laced with a "fuck you" or a "do your job" or "you don't know shit." You are a know-it-all child, simply put, and you are blind to your own bullshit.

No, they werent. They were mostly inquisitive and the only "do your job" shit was in skype. You guys failed to do the work you volunteered for, and I've posted here to tell everyone so they don't join and have the same things happen again.

Maybe my experience will change over time, but for that to happen the friendurbating and selective action needs to stop. I look forward to the new systems Jay is implementing. It should help wade through the bullshit.
Pallyo
New to the forum

Postby Leon_Leonardo » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:44 am

Pallyo wrote:
Leon_Leonardo wrote:

No, they werent. They were mostly inquisitive and the only "do your job" shit was in skype. You guys failed to do the work you volunteered for, and I've posted here to tell everyone so they don't join and have the same things happen again.

Maybe my experience will change over time, but for that to happen the friendurbating and selective action needs to stop. I look forward to the new systems Jay is implementing. It should help wade through the bullshit.

You continue to accuse us of favoritism and "not doing our job" when you continue to not get your way. You join our server, expecting to know everything and be right on all matters. You do not, and you are not. You are very much wrong on several matters. I still can't believe the amount of effort that Vega put into trying to work with you, when you continued to do nothing but act hostile and call them every kind of insult imaginable. You are a horrible, toxic person who's only recourse after getting himself permabanned is to come onto public forums and try to get back at us by turning other people away. I refuse to allow you to get away with shit-talking the administration and the server after your horrible behavior, both in the game and in the Skype group.

You are a terrible, angry person, and I do not know of a single current player who would vouch for you. You refuse to see your wrongs, and any slight in your direction is immediately met with extreme hostility. And this is a game where you will be fucked with constantly, be it getting punched, injected with chemicals, or even killed. You DO NOT have the correct attitude to play a game like this.
Leon_Leonardo
New to the forum

Postby hernextmeal » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:43 pm

Leon_Leonardo wrote:You continue to accuse us of favoritism and "not doing our job" when you continue to not get your way. You join our server, expecting to know everything and be right on all matters. You do not, and you are not. You are very much wrong on several matters. I still can't believe the amount of effort that Vega put into trying to work with you, when you continued to do nothing but act hostile and call them every kind of insult imaginable. You are a horrible, toxic person who's only recourse after getting himself permabanned is to come onto public forums and try to get back at us by turning other people away. I refuse to allow you to get away with shit-talking the administration and the server after your horrible behavior, both in the game and in the Skype group.

You are a terrible, angry person, and I do not know of a single current player who would vouch for you. You refuse to see your wrongs, and any slight in your direction is immediately met with extreme hostility. And this is a game where you will be fucked with constantly, be it getting punched, injected with chemicals, or even killed. You DO NOT have the correct attitude to play a game like this.

He has a point with the favouritism bit. You do have a favouritism and admin abuse problem on the server.

However, ultimately that's fine and dandy, you pay the bills, you set the rules, you pay $X/mo to have fun using admin powers to kill people in a video game. That's fine if it gets your rocks off, if someone doesn't like it, they can go somewhere else where the admins don't actively admin-fuck with the users, or they can set up their own server and admin-fuck with people. I've moved on for that reason, no point arguing over it, and no point feeding troll admins until I get banned.

I also understand that shit happens on SS13 servers and there's no point getting upset over getting killed because that's part of the game. The point where your server crossed the line I drew in the sand is that admins use admin-powers to do that, nothing before.

Also, he's also right in that vore barely ever happens on the server, and I'd say anybody wanting that should probably go somewhere else (like Ace's server) to do that, even if they're fine with everything else.

I will also say that in the case of Pallyo, he should just forget it entirely and grow the fuck up, if the logs are any evidence. He IS acting like a complete child and I don't think any server would want his nonsense.
hernextmeal
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Rectangles » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:38 pm

antitheology wrote:
I actually stopped playing here a little less than half a year ago because of problems identical to ones you described, and this leaves me with little doubt you are telling the truth.
I used to have fun here until I realized certain Admins would always spawn themselves and their friends as antags and RDM the entire crew, and this quickly became the norm and eventually the best case scenario.

Some examples of my experiences are...
I once imprisoned an antag Admin and they teleported themselves out of prison. (The server host actually saw this happen and stopped it, which I was very happy to see)
I once killed an antag Admin, only for them to resurrect themselves and continue playing.
Having blobs spawned next to the shuttle because an antag player (me) was about to win.
An Admin spawned as a Cultist, gave themselves all the best gear and proceeded to RDM the entire crew.

I also noticed that these thoughts are also held by the better Admins, I witnessed an Admin banning a well known troll for intentionally destroying the station, the players were incredibly grateful, only for the Admin to say something to the effect of "He will just go cry to Jay and Jay will unban him", and true enough, that player was back the very next day, making it his mission to ruin the experience for everyone else.

I had hoped this kind of behavior would eventually be weeded out and planned to return in the future, but since then I discovered other servers, which have been incredibly welcoming, friendly and completely free of Admin abuse, so have had little reason to return.

I really want this server to be free of this terrible behavior since I have previously had good rounds (as I mentioned in the very first response to this thread), but the state the server was in when I left, and the state described by Pallyo is not fun for anyone who isn't on very good terms with the active Admins.

Pretty much this. I've been playing here for a year and a half, before the current crop of admins got here. Just about everything that's been said above is exactly how I'd currently describe the place and I honestly couldn't phrase it better myself, especially with regards to this little snippet, here:

antitheology wrote:Having blobs spawned next to the shuttle because an antag player (me) was about to win.

Replace blob with "Singulo beacon" and it's pretty much what happened, which was what finally made me say something here. I've been seeing this for so long that it's not even funny, hell, I can name the player who blew the station up and got constantly unbanned. It was Renthur, if anyone's interested. Him or Coshi, but he was more for respawning himself as a xenobiologist and freeing all the slimes.

I was there when the server host said he was gonna take the place "In a new direction" and start recruiting and promoting more aggressively. Sure, the place was kinda quiet before, but in all honesty it's pretty fucking quiet now, only it's through distaste from disaffected players like myself and many others that's keeping the popcount low instead of lack of knowledge.

The problem is that it seems this place would rather operate as the playground for the host and his mates instead of an actual sever, and y'know what? It breaks my heart to say this about a place that I've gained so many fun stories from and, especially if you go by length of stay, if nothing else it's more my home than any of theirs, but it just isn't worth it anymore. There's nothing to make this place a better bet than the other servers, the only reason to stay is old ties.

If I had to condense it into a single sentence, I'd say that the admins, especially one in particular, seems to think that they have administrative rights to ensure their own fun, not the fun of the rest of the players.

They answer to absolutely nobody, ignore anything that's not what they want to hear, bring up irrelevant shit in arguments to try to smother any objection, generally act like children who've been given the keys to daddies new car and seem to think that having extra privileges granted to them for the purpose of enhancing the community allow them to treat said community as their own personal playground.

There's a few decent admins around, but the couple of cock-holsters ruin it for fucking everyone.

I'd say more, but I've got nothing right now, I may update this in the morning with a full explanation.

Bottom line: Don't start here. There's nothing to gain from this place that you don't get better elsewhere. Leave the 5 people in the circlejerk to their business and pick somewhere that even pretends to be an actual server, that values your experience as a player. Because y'know what? The ISS Ikaku that this place was before it became Citadel did care. It had it's janks, but it was a community full of slightly strange but loveably daft people who enjoyed playing together. Now it's just an endless battle against some random asshats with power fantasy issues who you've got no way of dealing with, and it breaks my fucking heart to warn people away from this place, because all I wanted since I started here 1.5 years ago was to see it grow.

Pity the current staff don't seem to share that ambition.
Last edited by Rectangles on Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rectangles
New to the forum

Postby CodeX » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:48 pm

Placeholder Post until I can type it out.

The issue itself has been looked to and is being dealt with accordingly. Not all of the administration is like this. Sadly some of the more unsavory problems tend to happen when I'm not around, which makes things somewhat difficult to keep in check. I do apologize to anyone who has been affected by such in the past or present. Admin restrictions are being put in place to prevent things of this nature from happening in the future. While I understand some of these complaints are legitimate and are going to be investigated further, some do delve into the more false-reports side. Mainly-so with the last complaint involving the person having an issue that was not resolved and proceeded to copy/paste obscenities in the OOC chat as well as the Skype group chat. The incident happened around 4AM my time, so I wouldn't have been able to rectify the issue then and there. This was only brought to my attention because my phone started buzzing like crazy after seeing I had nearly 3,000+ missed Skype messages which ended up being the upset individual spamming the chat. While I understand some people may not agree with decisions and may have complaints, this is not the way things should be handled. Spamming the chat is not the best way to prove to the admins an issue is happening.

While some may not return due to past issues, I can assure you all this is a problem that will not be overlooked. Administration abuse will be dealt with accordingly.

I would also like to address a few other problems that will be dealt with as needed. Metabuddy gaming seems to be an ongoing issue and will not be ignored. While I don't have an issue with players playing with their friends, I do have an issue with people explotiing outside communication and abusing their in-game role to work together with said friend in gaining an unfair disadvantage among other players.

And as far as the "little to no vore" accusations. This is Space Station 13 with vore, not vore with Space Station 13. If you want to perform vore-based actions, there is nothing stopping you. Not to mention there are dorm rooms.
CodeX
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Coshi » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:35 am

I think I can offer my opinion here as well, I dunno how much that'll be worth (cause a lot of you must dislike me for the crud I did/do.)

Space Station 13 is a very emotional game, for what it is, it's so very simple regarding what you're supposed to do when acting as a crew member or antagonist, but circumstances sometimes require you to do things you're less than proud of, some people focus more on a role play aspect whereas some people are tryhards, and it can really become confusing as to what's truly proper. But hell, objectives have actually been removed from the server simply because of complaints from the community, so it's definitely obvious that alterations are being made to the actual game to fit the community. People don't like losing at games though, and they don't like feeling like they're being brutalized for no reason, but you're crowding around 30 people; all with their own quirks, preferences, and methods of gameplay onto one map and handing them guns and knives, SOMEONE is going to end up unhappy. This is how SS13 is though, personally I feel like I don't belong here, back on /TG/ and Goon I could get away with the shit I do, because for fervent players of the game it's all based around how chaotic it is, how silly it is, and the dopamine rush you get for being successful, and the players make the difficulty! But a lot of people on Citadel are coming from Eka's, and it's their first experience with this sort of game, they're not expecting the hostility, but Jay (Codex) and myself had previously come from a much more cutthroat environment, and the admins were hardly ever heard from unless you blatantly walked out of the arrival shuttle, picked up a toolbox and mauled the nearest person to death, mind you there was also no respawning allowed in those types of servers either, but you took pride in dying to Space Hulk Hogan.

I don't know how much experience with those types of servers these admins have, but it seems as though they're put under a lot more fire from the players, and I'm looking at only half the amount of people too, either because they're very very whiny or very very arrogant. You have to remember that the people trying to watch over the server are only human, they make mistakes and they have personal opinions that will effect their decisions whether we like it or not, they become stressed, they get tired of hearing you talk, and they may just do things on a whim because they think it's the right thing to do, when it might not be, and then you'll always remember this server with that 'one shitty admin' on it. Truth be told I don't mind the admins, although I think Vega is literally a monkey, and I got pissed as fuck at Leon because he banned me for trying to complete an escape alone objective, but that's mostly cause I've fucked with a lot of people here a few months back, so bias is a thing, but it happens in such a messy group like this, as does pack mentality among staff and playing with all the cool buttons you've been given, that's up to Codex to solve, but he can't be everywhere at once, he plays other games with other people and doesn't stare at SS13 24/7 like some folks do. I wouldn't put blame on Codex or avoid the server, you're just being a sheep if you avoid something because one or two people told you to, form your own opinion through experience, see if you take a liking to it or if it's really as bad as people say it is, it's so much more fulfilling, but do remember that no matter where you go this game was made by Goons, for Goons, it's just being borrowed and made into something involving furries and vore with some of the violence stripped off.

To Pallyo, I can tell you now that I feel you probably care very little for the experience other people have on a SS13 server, you're telling people to avoid the server and you might want to THINK you're being helpful and having them avoid some sort of disaster you've made it all out to be, but I can say with confidence that you're doing that for personal satisfaction because of this little vendetta of yours, you see these people as dicks and therefore it would make you feel better to watch them and their community fail, right? Doesn't matter where they go, as long as it isn't here, as long as its another notch on your stick, right? God, you sure showed those badmins who's boss, and the poor souls who don't listen to you will be crawling back out to inhale your dong when they realize you were right all along, oh boy, get it all out of your system cause soon time is gonna pass and you're gonna forget this place even existed, I don't mean to sound harsh but that's video game drama in a nutshell, it's really fucking easy to "HATE" something through a computer monitor even though you really give zero shits about it.
Coshi
Somewhat familiar

Postby Poojawa » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:32 am

Coshi wrote:I think I can offer my opinion here as well, I dunno how much that'll be worth (cause a lot of you must dislike me for the crud I did/do

*snip*

Cheers mate. I personally don't dislike you at all. Rough around the edges and a habit of getting an alt to revenge kill, but usually chill.

I'll be the first to admit that I don't have the experience of either playing or administering the larger, less ... specially designed servers. I've watched through a dozen rounds or so of Sybil and hopped in as a drone now and then to just beep boop fix station.

Yeah, it's a hellva lot of fun to be able to push the shiney buttons to spawn stuff like drone shells or end of round doom pine forests. Or make stuff talk at certain moments, or poke fun at whoever's the dumb chucklefuck not following the spirit of his objectives whilst also keeping in mind the more softcore attitude that the small, same name same character server population is. Or just so happening to replicate that missing tool or nudging back to a place a body can be healed.

It's also one of those balancing acts of cracking down on blatant being a dick and preserving the community we've managed to keep together.

On the bigger servers, yeah, murdering your target as soon as convenient is ideal, or at least that's what it seems on my personal prospective. I'm reasonably sure that the respawn mechanics are for people who poke in, observe for a bit, then get the option to join the round. Probably would be good to stamp out already playing trespass so we don't have the metagrudgin or gaming that more than a few people are guilty of, even admins. Be it 'discovering' all the traitor items in the mines, or random name rolling as HoS to robust the loud traitor killing the crew.

It's been kinda muttered about how the admins tend to get shit on, and sure, part of the job is to deal with Mary sue pretty perfect princesses who write tragic Yelp.com reviews of poor service. Certain ones going as far as to try and refute any and all evidence against their tale of woe is pointed out as "not relevant". I really can't help but find myself apathetic to some of the ahelps received, and I'm really feeling the pleasure of The Dark Side when it comes to nudging in answer these past few days. On the other hand, it's really nice when I'm actually able to call down the banhammer on deliberate /v/ tard griffions and protect my players on it.

It's overused and at risk of being melodramatic, but there's a lot of shit that goes on behind the scenes some night, other nights it's dead or there's just no issues to force an extended round. That's a good thing. Now the next real project is cracking down on the entirely too comfortable little meta group of bad accents and worse spelling.

Weh. Sorry it ain't perfect, but we're all trying to keep it in line without the doctrine and training that real Police or Military gets.
Poojawa
Been posting for a bit

Postby Rectangles » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:57 pm

Judging by the amount of people that administrative misconduct has driven away here (I personally know of 4 as it stands), seems to me like you're not "balancing" your responsibilities well enough.

Admins on other servers don't get put through any special training either, they just have other people around to raise eyebrows when they stop acting in the servers interests and start acting in the interests of their own petty amusement.

Perhaps if you'd stop laughing off anyone who didn't agree with your actions you wouldn't have to "Fight to preserve the community"?

As for this:

Certain ones going as far as to try and refute any and all evidence against their tale of woe is pointed out as "not relevant"

I believe I covered this with my comment here:

bring up irrelevant shit in arguments to try to smother any objection

It's not my fault that your main tactic is shit slinging rather than debating the issue. It's unprofessional, unintelligent and unhelpful, indicative of an extremely poor attitude for a member of the administrative team to hold and gets us into situations like this in the first place, when questions such as "Who spawned the invulnerable space carp in the escape pod" is met with "Lol u forgot your oxygen tank once u fuk shut up", or something similar.

It's formally known as an "Ad Hominem" attack, combined with a little of the "Genetic Fallacy", as documented here.

https://bookofbadarguments.com/?view=allpages

The pages you'll need are Numbers 42 and 30, and make the points better than I do.

In fact, it ties in perfectly with the main issue I've mentioned above, which is that the administrative staff aren't answerable to anyone for their conduct and entirely ignore player complaints by responding with a barrage of childish personal insults, which is a major factor in why administrative abuse is perceived to be such a large issue, to the point where splinter servers created to be identical in every way apart from a different admin list have historically been created.

Just because Person X is an asshole, doesn't mean Person X is wrong by virtue of just being Person X and having done Thing Y, and you pointing these things out doesn't make you right by default, either.

Ninja'd for clarification and grammar.
Rectangles
New to the forum

Postby Poojawa » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:26 pm

And now the root of Rectangle's entire argument comes to be aired out, along with the Straw Man and his own Ad Hominem against me specifically.

But you know what really is rather silly? Listing every single argument type every single time there's one going on. That's what Narky would do, then he'd completely change the subject.

The main issue is that you just flat out don't like anything I ever do. Every single time you've been smacked for being an idiot, and then something happens; it's because I've just been face smashing my keyboard and pumping you up with reagents or spawning something. It doesn't matter that I've sorted out something for you several times before you start doing something stupid like SecHoP and metagrudge folks just because you don't like them In Character.

There hasn't been a single time that I've had a poor response of an ahelp along the lines of "Lol u forgot your oxygen tank once u fuk shut up" Unless it was towards someone who'd have a giggle over the entire event. Knowing that you don't, it's never been said to you by me personally.

In all honesty, I don't want to continue fighting with you. It serves no reason other than to attempt to ego stroke over 'winning' which just isn't healthy. I couldn't care less about winning at this point, I'd much prefer for it to settle down and be over with. We've had this running grudge fest since I started playing back in August and I'm just tired of it.
Poojawa
Been posting for a bit

Postby Rectangles » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:58 pm

What narky would do isn't relevant, since I'm not him.

I don't want to carry this shit on either, although I'm curious as to why, if you want thing to settle, you keep bringing up things from the past to try to make me look bad. I have better things to do then drag this out ad-nauseum, but you've got to understand that you do have a reputation for facerolling buttons, particularly on people you don't like, and then hiding behind claims that "Someone else did it" or "It was totally at random"

Whether or not that's true, that reputation is genuinely driving people away, and you don't take criticism well which is just as big a part of it.

If it's not true, then the question is "What can be done about it", and it doesn't help anything that random events and admin fuckery can be easily confused.

How about I make an effort to stop blaming you when suspicious circumstances arise while you try to stop blowing up whenever anyone gets suspicious on an OOC level of why somebody you just had an argument with is suddenly hallucinating and full of toxin damage, and we both have a rational conversation instead of just shouting, 'cos I'm just as guilty of it.
Rectangles
New to the forum

Postby Poojawa » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:19 pm

Edit:

Actually I don't even care anymore. I refuse to stoop to the level of a Chav who will only ever see his way as the correct one, never considering that he might be wrong on principle.
Poojawa
Been posting for a bit

Postby Rectangles » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:40 am

Poojawa wrote:Edit:

Actually I don't even care anymore. I refuse to stoop to the level of a Chav who will only ever see his way as the correct one, never considering that he might be wrong on principle.

Isn't that exactly what you're doing by refusing to consider that I might have even a shred of a legitimate grievance?

Also, I don't think Chav means what you think it means.
Rectangles
New to the forum

Postby CodeX » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:14 am

With the issues above resolved, I'm happy to announce a majority of the game-breaking bugs have been stamped out. There are still a few layering issues that I need to tweak. But beyond that, the game itself is in a playable state.
CodeX
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby NekoYuki » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:08 am

Rectangles wrote:Also, I don't think Chav means what you think it means.

As an Englishman i feel inclined to comment here.

Chav: Ch-av (Heard people pronounce it as Chaar-v or Shar-v before)

Chav is a slur for someone similar to an oik, yobbo or thud. Mistakenly people assume it is a acronym for Council Housed And Violent, aka a poor person with a bad attitude living in government provided homing. The term was actually around before then and the acronym was applied retroactively.

Chavs are associated generally with being hoodies (A.k.a wearing hooded garments to hide ones face), carrying knives or small pistols in extreme cases, and having a violent, vandalistic, anti-social attitude and generally detrimental to society. They're also often shown to wear Burberry items, often jewelry, often fake (imitating american "Gangsta" dress) sometimes with balaclavas also and low riding/not pulled up jeans or trousers/pants.

In this case i'm assuming it's the violent, vandalistic, anti-social attitude and generally detrimental to society. Poojawa is referring to, and by that definition, Chav is an appropriate insult/slur/name.

Thank you for your time signed: The royal society of English slang yanks usually don't understand AkA Ardith
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby Snorlaxkid » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:20 am

NekoYuki wrote:Chav: Ch-av (Heard people pronounce it as Chaar-v or Shar-v before)

Chav is a slur for someone similar to an oik, yobbo or thud. Mistakenly people assume it is a acronym for Council Housed And Violent, aka a poor person with a bad attitude living in government provided homing. The term was actually around before then and the acronym was applied retroactively.

Chavs are associated generally with being hoodies (A.k.a wearing hooded garments to hide ones face), carrying knives or small pistols in extreme cases, and having a violent, vandalistic, anti-social attitude and generally detrimental to society. They're also often shown to wear Burberry items, often jewelry, often fake (imitating american "Gangsta" dress) sometimes with balaclavas also and low riding/not pulled up jeans or trousers/pants.

The moooore you knoooow!
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game