Found Unbirth MUGEN Character: NT Mama

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Found Unbirth MUGEN Character: NT Mama

Postby ArgobargSoup » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:48 pm

ShinySpiritSeer wrote:I'll need the stateno that she goes into before canceling out the move to make it unable to do so.

The states for the standing pie throws are states 700-707; 700 is the wind up, 701 listens fer directional buttons and the release of Z, 702-705 are the actual throws, one for each direction, 706 is the catch, and 707 is the "return ta standing" state.

Found them in NT_Z.cns. Original creator liked ta organize his states via separate files...
I be fulla sharp things.
ArgobargSoup
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby smiley » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:35 am

ShinySpiritSeer wrote:Finished. Link to Argo-patched and AI patch combined here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4htt1uyymdjw3s8/NT.rar

Thank you!
smiley
Participator

Postby Brutaller » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:50 am

ShinySpiritSeer wrote:Finished. Link to Argo-patched and AI patch combined here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4htt1uyymdjw3s8/NT.rar

(sorry, but) what does the AI patch do?
Brutaller
Participator

Postby ArgobargSoup » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:23 pm

Brutaller wrote:

(sorry, but) what does the AI patch do?

ShinySpiritSeer added some coding so that an AI controlled NT Mama will try her unbirth attack more often. She's nigh guaranteed ta take a shot if she manages ta knock an opponent down.
I be fulla sharp things.
ArgobargSoup
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Breastex » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:44 pm

Is there going to be a digestion animation after the final belly rubs?
Breastex
Somewhat familiar

Postby ArgobargSoup » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:40 pm

Breastex wrote:Is there going to be a digestion animation after the final belly rubs?

Don't think it would fit the character, she really seems more of a motherly figure.

Plus, ta be honest, digestion kinda bothers me, especially if it's unbirth. Not sure if I could bring myself ta sprite it, sorry...

->If I ever make my own character I'm gonna see if I can make her keep a belly in the second round if she ends the first round with a swallow/unbirth. Maybe even multiple sizes for multiple wins in case of extra opponents...<-

===================================================================

On a happier note, here's an update fer ya'll!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bdtfddqv9rwnawf/NT-ShinyArgoPatch.7z

Special thanks ta ShinySpiritSeer for the AI! This time it's a full character ta make it easier on everyone.

Patch notes for the newly renamed ShinyArgoPatch:

v0.ShinySpiritSeer.0
+"Pregnant" attack can now hit downed opponents.
+Character updated ta Mugen 1.0.
+Added AI; NT Mama will go for a "pregnant" attack if a downed enemy is close enough.
+Added a new alternate palette.

v0.2.0
+Added a fix for a rare case of an interrupted "pregnant" attack trapping an opponent forever.
+Tweaked the AI so NT Mama will have ta catch a thrown pie before she can launch a "pregnant" attack, like a human player would have ta.

KNOWN BUGS:
  • Sometimes, if you're fighting multiple opponents, with a partner, the "pregnant" attack will launch the opponent in the wrong direction.
  • Not really a bug, but since it can grab a downed opponent, the "pregnant" attack can be chained nigh indefinitely...
I be fulla sharp things.
ArgobargSoup
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:12 am

First off, awsome work everyone. Thanks for doing what I could not.

Seccond a few areas that I'm noticing could use some tweeking.

(I noticed these by pitting 2 NT Mamas against each other in the Watch mode to find some glitches).

First, I believe that her lack of comptetiveness as an AI character stems from her absolute, utter obsession with jumping. In three games, a total of six matches, four of the matches were decided by time outs, because she simply was not throwing enough attacks, and I have her attack power turned up to 200%. If the ability to jump was either toned significantly back, or turned off as an AI I think she would be a signifficantly more threatening opponent.

Seccond, she still flies off into space every now and again, the two matches that were not decided by time outs were these ones. She does seem to do it signifficantly slower now, almost comically slow, as she just kind of drifts away in a "I must go my people need me" Kind of way. Im not quite sure what triggers it, what I do know is that in all the times I've run this simulation(before the AI patch as well) it only ever happened to the Player 1 version of her. Likely coincidence, but it's been a fairly consistant one to this point.

Third, There are alot of sprites that leave after immages. When one of the NTs unbirths the other it tends to leave an after immage of the unbirthed one standing there for several secconds.

Fourth, oddly enough her Unbirth damage seems to be independant of her regular damage percentages. I've edited other Vore characters before, and typically if you up their overall damage, the vore moves will grow more powerfull as well. This does not seem to be the case here for some odd reason.

Fifth, Alot of her sprites for winning, and super special moves also seem uncentered. It will throw up a large picture of her for winning or using one of her super special moves, only to be so off center that all you see is her stomach, or elbow.

Finnally, and least important, she has no win quotes. I've tried to put some in, but with the code being half in Japanese, I can't figure out the correct place to locate them.

Again thanks for all your hard work.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ArgobargSoup » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:37 pm

0Anesthetic4u wrote:First off, awsome work everyone. Thanks for doing what I could not.

Seccond a few areas that I'm noticing could use some tweeking.

(I noticed these by pitting 2 NT Mamas against each other in the Watch mode to find some glitches).

First, I believe that her lack of comptetiveness as an AI character stems from her absolute, utter obsession with jumping. In three games, a total of six matches, four of the matches were decided by time outs, because she simply was not throwing enough attacks, and I have her attack power turned up to 200%. If the ability to jump was either toned significantly back, or turned off as an AI I think she would be a signifficantly more threatening opponent.

Seccond, she still flies off into space every now and again, the two matches that were not decided by time outs were these ones. She does seem to do it signifficantly slower now, almost comically slow, as she just kind of drifts away in a "I must go my people need me" Kind of way. Im not quite sure what triggers it, what I do know is that in all the times I've run this simulation(before the AI patch as well) it only ever happened to the Player 1 version of her. Likely coincidence, but it's been a fairly consistant one to this point.

Third, There are alot of sprites that leave after immages. When one of the NTs unbirths the other it tends to leave an after immage of the unbirthed one standing there for several secconds.

Fourth, oddly enough her Unbirth damage seems to be independant of her regular damage percentages. I've edited other Vore characters before, and typically if you up their overall damage, the vore moves will grow more powerfull as well. This does not seem to be the case here for some odd reason.

Fifth, Alot of her sprites for winning, and super special moves also seem uncentered. It will throw up a large picture of her for winning or using one of her super special moves, only to be so off center that all you see is her stomach, or elbow.

Finnally, and least important, she has no win quotes. I've tried to put some in, but with the code being half in Japanese, I can't figure out the correct place to locate them.

Again thanks for all your hard work.

Ooh, feedback! Alright, let's see...

1. Again, that comes from Mugen's base AI being "spam any and all commands", including jumping. Player created AI is just "if certain conditions then do this". For example, ShinySpiritSeer's AI is "Is the opponent close enough and currently downed? HERE COMES MAMA!"

However, I think I've learned enough from looking at his AI coding ta at least mitigate the "jumping and not attacking" issue, by forcing her ta attack during said jumps. If she uses that pie tin drop attack, that would also lead ta a lot more unbirth attacks.

2. Still haven't seen this myself, but I'll run some more tests. Is there anything specific she does right before floating off? Knowing what she's doing right before the floating will help pinpoint which bugged move is causing her ta fly off.

3. Actually that's more of an NT Mama thing; those aren't after images, she's got an "attack" that creates illusions of herself ta fool opponents. They don't get canceled out if the original is hit/grabbed/whatever.

4. ...Huh, that is odd. According ta the docs, that method of damaging the opponent SHOULD be affected by changing the multiplier... Can't seem ta find what's stopping it.

5. Those big pictures are left over from her Nijikaku appearance; I think Nijikaku had something that would fit the pic to the screen... I'll see if I can figure something out.

6. In NT.CNS, below the stuff for {Movement], but before the first StateDef, add this...
Code: Select all
[Quotes]
victory1 = "Enter winquote here, between quotation marks."
victory2 = "And another winquote!"
victory3 = "Et cetera."

You can add a LOT of win quotes.

Heh, while testing stuff as I put this post together, I managed ta fix the "launching opponent the wrong way" bug. And I think I found how ta turn on friendly fire for extra hilarity.

I think I know how ta make her AI be vicious with the pie throwing, too...
I be fulla sharp things.
ArgobargSoup
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:34 pm

ArgobargSoup wrote:I think I know how ta make her AI be vicious with the pie throwing, too...

Wait. So she can Unbirth Friendlies now for heals? That... Is Awsome.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ArgobargSoup » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:01 pm

0Anesthetic4u wrote:
ArgobargSoup wrote:I think I know how ta make her AI be vicious with the pie throwing, too...

Wait. So she can Unbirth Friendlies now for heals? That... Is Awsome.

Friendly fire as in she'll unbirth a friendly and heal herself at the cost of damaging said friendly. It was just a test when I found that there was an "affectteam" flag.

...Hey... there's partner options, I might be able ta make her heal a partner...

EDIT: Yay! Now the unbirth can heal a friendly!

EDIT EDIT: ...except for the wall smack. Hmm.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: There we go. No wall launching for friendlies.
I be fulla sharp things.
ArgobargSoup
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:39 pm

You are turning her into the greatest Support Mugen character of all time.

I like the Idea of Vamping the health out of your allies though.

Ooooh I got an idea! how about two versions of the Unbirth move. One that would heal your friendlies but not you, and one where you hurt your friendlies and heal you?

Like give the X Y and Z forms of the attack different functions.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ArgobargSoup » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:19 pm

0Anesthetic4u wrote:You are turning her into the greatest Support Mugen character of all time.

Ooooh I got an idea! how about two versions of the Unbirth move. One that would heal your friendlies but not you, and one where you hurt your friendlies and heal you?

The X Y Z forms already have different enough functions as is, as each launches her a different distance, so you can actually aim a bit.

Right now I'm experimenting with something even more special... There's a flag that you can set with the unbirth attack that actually makes it able ta catch multiple people at once. The main problem I'm running inta is that I can't get it ta discriminate between partners and enemies if ya catch both a partner and an enemy. Either it drains them all and heals NT Mama, or heals them all without healing NT Mama. So this "feature" probably won't be in the next patch. There's a chance it'll happen in the future, though... Hmm. Maybe a hyper using version once I learn a little more...

Also working on pie throwing, I made her a bit too vicious. I just watched a pair dominate their opponents with a nasty dual pie assault...
I be fulla sharp things.
ArgobargSoup
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ArgobargSoup » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:49 pm

Double post, but here's v0.3.0 of the ShinyArgoPatch for NT Mama!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dya88d1ttbakjss/NT-ShinyArgoPatch-030.7z

What's new?

v0.3.0
+Tweaked AI; forgot ta account for her ducking pie throw.
+Fixed bug where NT Mama would launch an opponent the wrong way after a "pregnant" attack.
+Added AI; made her a bit more accurate and agressive while throwing pies.
+"Pregnant" attack now can hit and heal allies. Does not heal NT Mama if it's healing said ally.
+Added AI; during a jump, NT Mama will try to use her diving pie tin attack if an enemy is close enough and she's not already attacking.

KNOWN BUG:
-Apparently, in rare cases, NT Mama still floats off at random. I've yet ta see this bug myself, but people keep seeing it, so here.
I be fulla sharp things.
ArgobargSoup
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:01 am

ArgobargSoup wrote:
0Anesthetic4u wrote:You are turning her into the greatest Support Mugen character of all time.

The X Y Z forms already have different enough functions as is, as each launches her a different distance, so you can actually aim a bit.

Right now I'm experimenting with something even more special... There's a flag that you can set with the unbirth attack that actually makes it able ta catch multiple people at once. The main problem I'm running inta is that I can't get it ta discriminate between partners and enemies if ya catch both a partner and an enemy. Either it drains them all and heals NT Mama, or heals them all without healing NT Mama. So this "feature" probably won't be in the next patch. There's a chance it'll happen in the future, though... Hmm. Maybe a hyper using version once I learn a little more...

Also working on pie throwing, I made her a bit too vicious. I just watched a pair dominate their opponents with a nasty dual pie assault...

Who realy uses the shorter distance lunges though?

See that is exactly where my idea for multiple versions would be usefull. Have a hurting version and a healing version of the attacks. That way you can chose to hurt both your friendlies and your enemies, or heal them both if you catch them both. Rather then differentiating between them when they are both inside of her at the same time.

Hey maybe if NT Mama gets competitive enough, you might feel like intentionally using the healing unbirth move on your enemy to show mercy or prolong the match.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ArgobargSoup » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:07 pm

0Anesthetic4u wrote:Who realy uses the shorter distance lunges though?

See that is exactly where my idea for multiple versions would be usefull. Have a hurting version and a healing version of the attacks. That way you can chose to hurt both your friendlies and your enemies, or heal them both if you catch them both. Rather then differentiating between them when they are both inside of her at the same time.

Hey maybe if NT Mama gets competitive enough, you might feel like intentionally using the healing unbirth move on your enemy to show mercy or prolong the match.

I definitely use the shorter distance lunges, and the AI does as well; I found it surprisingly easy ta overshoot an enemy right in front of ya, and an AI overshooting a downed enemy is an AI not unbirthing. :P

I'm actually thinking of separating it in a different way; a second set of commands (maybe F, D, DF, A instead of F, D, DF, X, for example), only activated if there's more than one opponent. This move would catch multiple opponents, but not friendlies. Also might use a bit of hyper if you do catch multiple enemies, ta balance that you get more health fer more captured enemies...
I be fulla sharp things.
ArgobargSoup
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ShinySpiritSeer » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:16 pm

Sorry for disappearing, but the damage uses a targetlifeadd trigger, so therefore it is NOT affected by damage percentage, oh, and nice work btw. while I've never seen this floating glitch in mine (I use 1.1 beta 1) I have a feeling the AI still finds a way to access said stateno altho I deleted them from the common1 file in her folder. try renaming the common1 to something like commonNT and changing in the def from common1 to commonNT.
Again, sorry for dissapearing, real life caught up to me :/
ShinySpiritSeer
Somewhat familiar

Postby ArgobargSoup » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:54 pm

ShinySpiritSeer wrote:Sorry for disappearing, but the damage uses a targetlifeadd trigger, so therefore it is NOT affected by damage percentage, oh, and nice work btw. while I've never seen this floating glitch in mine (I use 1.1 beta 1) I have a feeling the AI still finds a way to access said stateno altho I deleted them from the common1 file in her folder. try renaming the common1 to something like commonNT and changing in the def from common1 to commonNT.

I was wondering if that was the issue with the attack power thing. I was mostly confused because of a bit in the docs...
Mugen Docs wrote:TargetLifeAdd

Adds the specified amount to all targets' life, scaled by the targets' defense multipliers if necessary.

Required parameters:
value = add_amt (int)
add_amt is added toe ach target's life.
Optional parameters:
ID = target_id (int)
Specifies the desired target ID to affect. Only targets with this target ID will be affected. Defaults to -1 (affects all targets.)
kill = kill_flag (boolean)
If kill_flag is 0, then the addition will not take any player below 1 life point. Defaults to 1.
absolute = abs_flag (boolean)
If abs_flag is 1, then add_amt will not be scaled (i.e. attack and defense multipliers will be ignored). Defaults to 0.
Example:
none

The underlined bit sorta implied that the attack multiplier should affect it.

I might try that renaming thing, although I don't think I'd be able ta tell if it worked, seeing as I haven't seen the bug either. At the moment, it's one o' them Loch Ness bugs; only one person's seen it and nobody else seems ta have it. :P

I used your AI ta figure out how ta add more, what do ya think of what I added?
I be fulla sharp things.
ArgobargSoup
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:45 pm

Oh ho ho! Look at this cutie! Time for another addition to my roster. XD
:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:
Turbotowns
???

Postby ShinySpiritSeer » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:08 pm

ArgobargSoup wrote:
ShinySpiritSeer wrote:Sorry for disappearing, but the damage uses a targetlifeadd trigger, so therefore it is NOT affected by damage percentage, oh, and nice work btw. while I've never seen this floating glitch in mine (I use 1.1 beta 1) I have a feeling the AI still finds a way to access said stateno altho I deleted them from the common1 file in her folder. try renaming the common1 to something like commonNT and changing in the def from common1 to commonNT.

I was wondering if that was the issue with the attack power thing. I was mostly confused because of a bit in the docs...
Mugen Docs wrote:TargetLifeAdd

Adds the specified amount to all targets' life, scaled by the targets' defense multipliers if necessary.

Required parameters:
value = add_amt (int)
add_amt is added toe ach target's life.
Optional parameters:
ID = target_id (int)
Specifies the desired target ID to affect. Only targets with this target ID will be affected. Defaults to -1 (affects all targets.)
kill = kill_flag (boolean)
If kill_flag is 0, then the addition will not take any player below 1 life point. Defaults to 1.
absolute = abs_flag (boolean)
If abs_flag is 1, then add_amt will not be scaled (i.e. attack and defense multipliers will be ignored). Defaults to 0.
Example:
none

The underlined bit sorta implied that the attack multiplier should affect it.

I might try that renaming thing, although I don't think I'd be able ta tell if it worked, seeing as I haven't seen the bug either. At the moment, it's one o' them Loch Ness bugs; only one person's seen it and nobody else seems ta have it. :P

I used your AI ta figure out how ta add more, what do ya think of what I added?

it says if it is 1, its defaulted to 1 so without the line to make it equal 0 it is set to 1, making it not scale
And I like it so far! her Ai is a bit more aggressive, but it's defense is lacking.
ShinySpiritSeer
Somewhat familiar

Postby ArgobargSoup » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:15 pm

ShinySpiritSeer wrote:it says if it is 1, its defaulted to 1 so without the line to make it equal 0 it is set to 1, making it not scale
And I like it so far! her Ai is a bit more aggressive, but it's defense is lacking.

No, wait, it says it defaults ta 0... Well, adding absolute=0 didn't work, so I dunno. Maybe I can add something ta the damage amount so it multiplies by the attack constant...

As fer defense, yeah, I see what ya mean. Now I wanna try and add forward/backward dashes, so maybe I could set her ta dash back if the opponent goes for a grab, and guard normally otherwise...
I be fulla sharp things.
ArgobargSoup
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game