The Monsterologist

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: The Monsterologist

Postby Alaran » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:04 am

This game looks very promising, I took a look at what you put in the scripts section (yeah I shouldn't take a look by using RPG maker, but I'm way too curious) and, wow, I'm sure it will be a great game !
I love the concept of exploring an island and discovering it with the characters. But what about a survival game mode where you will also have to eat and drink ? I know it's a lot to make and it may be looooong to do, I tried one day and it was... Well, I don't want to talk about it >_> I had too many ideas to make something correct.

Good luck with this project however. I can't wait for the updates :-D
Want to rp with me ? Take a look there !
Alaran
???

Postby warbrand4 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:24 am

@ zomulguster: already going through the CC idea's list thing is only one or 2 can be used as most have story or event elements that would only exist in that game (though some are being modified). also nice idea on teh gender switch potion will talk it over with mephisto.

@mermilion: thank you, and the lack of male predators is because there are no male monster girls... well there is some male sub sets like incubuses and male werewolves, but even if thoughs appear they are very unlikely to have scenes. (there is a few areas where they could be added, but I will not be adding them, and I don't think mephisto will either.) Though keep in mind this is not set in stone, there may be one or 2 scenes some where but it is unlikely.

@vasp: The sand worm will be making an appearance we have 2 desert islands which can house it, the fast travel idea sounds cool, but do to the island nature of the area is unlikely. as for the sword in stone idea I really like that idea, sort of messes with the expectation of hard to get weapon is over powered, with said hard to get weapon being a wet spong, but worth a lot to the locals.

EDIT
@Alaran: thanks, we did have a food and water script in the game, thing is it conflicted with a few of the key scripts for the game, so had to be removed. We where going to do that and still want to do that, thing is rpg maker will not let use with out some conflict.
END EDIT

NEWS

the map: I will not be telling you the order of the islands, but I will tell you this, for story you will explore each one once (with exception of the 3 that are completely on fire). You will also be able to free roam the islands between parts allowing you to find hidden beastys and items.

Also still looking for another pixel artiest, mephisto is chugging along and is quite good at it, but we have a pretty large amount of monster girls that will need to be done, as well as variations.

Ideas are still welcome as well as requests for monster girls or beasts on the islands, I would open up the requests to OC's that would fit (pretty much anything female) thing is I don't want to bog mephisto down with work, though if you have a character that will fit this game, suggest them might be cool to have some easter eggs like that.
just an RPG maker mapper,
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Alaran » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:12 pm

warbrand4 wrote:@Alaran: thanks, we did have a food and water script in the game, thing is it conflicted with a few of the key scripts for the game, so had to be removed. We where going to do that and still want to do that, thing is rpg maker will not let use with out some conflict.

Well, in this case, there is only one way to use a hunger and thirst system : make it yourself ! :P

May I suggest you to use the quest system ? I saw many posts about people spamming the spacebar and not knowing at all what to do and I didn't see anything in the quest log. It may be a useful thing to add.

EDIT : I didn't go far enough to see that you actually used it, please forgive me. But why not adding more notes to the notebook, or maybe to the quest log ? It may help.
Want to rp with me ? Take a look there !
Alaran
???

Postby warbrand4 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:43 pm

actually most if not all the important stuff will be in the text, the notebook, and quest log stuff will be refresher.

For the people who spam space, don't. Mephisto and I have a tendency to put up long dialogs with the important bits in random locations through out it, like a real conversation. You skip the dialog you skip the info, just like in RL, if you don't pay attention be prepared to be lost.
just an RPG maker mapper,
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Zomulgustar » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:46 am

Nice world map. Always like to see stuff like that. Kind of an idea of things to come. A fun idea could be to have one island entirely dedicated to bunny girls, or some other prey type creature. One rule, no predators allowed. All predators agree that island is off limits. They breed much quicker when they feel they are safe. And do to population constraints of the island, the bunny girls constantly are traveling away from the island. All the predators actually have ambassadors there in disguise trying to lure the bunny girls away, saying how great it is in the outside world. That's why no one ever comes back :-D . If any predator is actually caught preying on a bunny girl there though then they get in major trouble . A group of traveling adventurers though might go unmissed...

The spriting done is your games has always been great. I'm not talented at it myself, but there are plenty of places online that seem to have sprites that are free to use. I'd be happy to find a bunch of links if you think that might be of use. Guessing you're already aware though.
Zomulgustar
Participator

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:03 pm

I have to ask one question regarding the monsters in the first part. When you mentioned the wyvern will it be an actually model of it. Because I've seen too many games with an excuse for a dragon being a girl with horns and partial scales. Really kills the moment when I see that as the dragon model. I hope you plan to use a dragon model though, especially if it has the vore escape animations or scenes.

Why does this bother me? Well a lot of times people are complaining about dragons doing something like stealing food or such and you go to slay it. Expecting a dragon as the model it ends up as a human girl dressed up like a dragon with the name, "Dragon" which kills me because of what dragons actually look like.

I really look forward to the crafting system. Sounds like a exciting and fun feature to be implemented into a vore game!
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Shadowlyger » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:30 pm

Considering this is about monster girls...

Just go look up the wyvern in the Monstergirl Encyclopedia, that's what you'll be looking at here.
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby mephistoVII » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:17 pm

Hey guys here are some news.

About the world map that warbrand4 made, there will be some changes to it due to some of the game aspects, and I will be the one doing the new one.
So as of now there will be only 8 main islands each with different themes and some smaller ones around.
The themes are: Tropical, Snowy, Desert, Mostly Submerged, Volcanic, Jungle, Phantom, ???.
About the ??? island... We didn't decided a theme for it yet, so if any of you guys have a cool theme for it please post a reply~!
Each island will have different species of monster girls, hostile beasts and plants.

Also Like Warbrand4 posted before:
Ideas are still welcome as well as requests for monster girls or beasts on the islands, I would open up the requests to OC's that would fit (pretty much anything female) thing is I don't want to bog mephisto down with work, though if you have a character that will fit this game, suggest them might be cool to have some easter eggs like that.
I want to say that if any of you guys want to have your OC's to make an appearance in the game as Easter eggs just post about it, but have in mind 2 things:
(1) That you'll need to have a good picture of it so I can make a sprite, if you guys already have a sprite or can make it yourselves it would be better as I already have a lot of sprites to do.
(2) We sadly can't accept all OC's so me and war will decide the ones to make an appearance. Also if you guys have an idea of which island you would like to have your OC's appear as Easter eggs inform it too, but have in mind that we still didn't decided the order in which the player will explore the islands.
(Extra) If you want to you can also ask it to appear in the remake of the "CC Project"

Also will once again remember you guys: If you have any ideas for good items, plants, hostile beasts, Monster girls that should appear and so on post your ideas, It's always interesting to see your suggestions.

Also here is a list of the monster girls that will be appearing in the next part: Cat girls, Ant girls, Harpies, Sahuagins (Suggestion from BaronBuffalo), Wyrven and two hidden ones~!
mephistoVII
Participator

Postby Netjak » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:06 pm

It may be a bit boring suggestion to the ??? area, but maybe it can just be a temperate/grassland/badland island or something, as the volcanic area probably are going to be filled with mountains and another mountain theme might be a bit much, and the Phantom are fills the role of evil/corrupted/tainted/ghostly theme.
Netjak
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Netjak » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:42 pm

Perhaps you also could add ruins of earlier human settlements, big and small, as someone must have tried colonising this archipelago at some point (Could even have some small, heavily settlements for extracting valuable minerals and materials for the crown). That is if it goes with the lore ofc.
Netjak
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Murderkarp » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:48 pm

Hmmm... Maybe a cloudscape or some other "holy" type region for more "divine" monster girls?
Murderkarp
Somewhat familiar

Postby stardust1989 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:23 am

love the game, no problems here :)
stardust1989
New to the forum

Postby mephistoVII » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:48 pm

News Time~!

Well guys like I said before here is the map of the first island in the game:
Spoiler: show
Tropical map.png

Also would like to remember you guys that the ??? island theme still wasn't decided so anyone with good theme ideas is welcome to post your ideas. The same goes for the ones who would like to have their OC's to make an appearance in the game. In addition to it any ideas for items, quests, scenes and so on are welcome.

Hope to see more of your ideas being posted here.
mephistoVII
Participator

Postby Murderkarp » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:45 pm

Wow that's pretty nice. Can't wait to explore it. VX Ace, huh? ... If I did want to add a character to either game, I would probably request so after I make a sprite for you guys to use.
Murderkarp
Somewhat familiar

Postby Zomulgustar » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:19 am

I mentioned my idea about a prey creature island before you asked for ideas about a specific island. Still think it could be a fun idea. Lots of prey type "monster girls" out there. Lots of things for the characters to do there too. Do they try to warn the bunny girls? Do the disguised predators try to make a meal of them without breaking the "don't reveal yourselves" rule? Are there bunny girl predators? Are they looking for news from the outside world? A lot of plant based food recipes and potion recipes could be found there.
Zomulgustar
Participator

Postby vasp » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:01 am

For the ??? island, maybe a Lost World type of thing, with the island split between snowy, jungle, desert, and submerged. Then you can populate it with things like raptors, dire wolves, mammoths, dinosaur girls, ancient sea life, armored-fish mermaids, and a few super predators like the classic T-Rex/T-rex girl, short-faced bear, and/or megalodon.

Another side-quest line could be interrupting the classic 'throw a maiden into the volcano' ritual, only to awaken a grumpy dragon girl. Can either fight her and get rewarded for putting her to sleep again or convince her that you could help her out, and after getting her whatever she wants you get access to the previous sacrifices inside her stomach, who you can trade with for rare items she ate.

Could have an extra hidden monster girl on each island that actually heals your hp by eating you, to have repeatable vore scenes without the game over.

Some craftable items could be:
a sling shot you can use to knock fruit, nuts, animals, etc out of trees or other high places, or perhaps to distract monster girls that are chasing you
ornaments made from ore, feathers, shells, herbs, etc for trading
spears to help fishing
instruments
figurines of monster girls you've encountered you can use to help convince that particular monster girl to let you go
Image Image
vasp
???

Postby mephistoVII » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:05 pm

Hey guys time for the news!

So as you all already know my laptop is currently dead. I'm writing right now using my PS4. Well wanted to tell you guys that I already sent my laptop to a technician this morning. It should be fixed this week or so I hope.
Anyway it's there already, if nothing is lost will continue working on it without problems. The CC prologue re-work is mostly done, just need to fix a few errors, add the scenes found command in the remaining scenes and some lesser fixes. Once I get my laptop back will finish the CC prologue and start working on "The Monsterologist" 2º Act.

That's all for now guys.
mephistoVII
Participator

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:28 am

Did your laptop ever get fixed?

This game is an interesting project, and I'd be sad to hear it died with your computer.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby evilogith » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:18 am

i Had NO idea that This Game was Around'
the Good news About it all is that i NOW Know how to Reach Level 99
& MAX Out my Gold at Level 1 :-D
evilogith
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MirceaKitsune » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:36 am

Those maps and sprites look very high-quality and promising! Too bad that like most vore games, this uses RPG maker, instead of something more open-source and Linux native. Hope there will be more screenshots so I can at least see how it turns out :)
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game