The Charm of Youth

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

The Charm of Youth

Postby Journeyman » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:20 pm

Update!
Game has been expanded past the basic first story event, into the complete prologue. Check it out!

The Charm of Youth. [Early Beta, WIP]

A mouse-driven adventure for the hungry at heart.

More images:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage

This game is currently in "inconceivably early beta."
Which means that in terms of omnommy content, it's pretty slim at the moment. But the storyline is designed to give you a branching set of quest lines, where your choices will absolutely matter. In fact, if you explore the beta demo thoroughly, you will already see certain instances where various conditions will cause quests and conversations to occur or not occur.

This game will eventually request donations. Maybe? :D Too early to commit to that yet, but I have a lot of detail in mind for this game, and after the past week and a half of feverish work, I can see that it is going to take a lot of work to move this thing forward. If, that is, you guys like it.

Some things to be sure to have a look at:
1) You can eat one of the villagers
2) You can arrange to eat a shopkeeper later in the day (later in the day not programmed yet)
3) You can travel into a mini-story in the past with options for F/F, F/M, M/F, and Dragon/F
4) There's 2 ways out of jail!

So. Check it out!
Requires the runtime engine for RPG Maker VX Ace
Currently contains FM?/FM, mostly implied.
Contains an offscreen sex scene. Contains hard dragon vore

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/143 ... me/CoY.exe

Known issues:
Entering and exiting the cave at night causes a tint issue.
No pick-up sound on glass shards, Dragon crypt
Mirror pic missing
Look into inventories for dragoncrypt
BGM does not always play correctly when exiting the past
Last edited by Journeyman on Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:33 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Journeyman.
Journeyman
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: The Charm of Youth

Postby TheAllSeeingEye » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:08 pm

A new game to play!!! XD
I just finished all my other games too lol
EXPLORE ALL THE BELLIES!!!
TheAllSeeingEye
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Journeyman » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:10 pm

Hehehe, it's like I knew, and had it ready and waiting for you!!! ;P
Sorry it's such an early Beta...but that just means feedback helps moar!
Journeyman.
Journeyman
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby TheAllSeeingEye » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:23 pm

I'll get to playing it later, busy trolling people on Dark Souls 2 XD lol
EXPLORE ALL THE BELLIES!!!
TheAllSeeingEye
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby RumiBelly » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:43 pm

definite Bug1: If you tell the button you'll press it later, the gate will not open
also many other things that I'm not sure if they're bugs or incomplete parts. all in all, needs more work before a beta would be ready
RumiBelly
Somewhat familiar

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:03 pm

I do hope you'll get to be prey to monsters in this.
A link to a fun game I love playing: http://www.blankmediagames.com/TownOfSalem/

Be sure to say that ParaYumi refered you when you register for it. That's me.
Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???

Postby Journeyman » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:05 pm

radiogenicvore, Heh, now that just figures. First time I made the button, it let you keep re-opening the gate. Seems I broke it when I fixed it. Anywho--thanks for catching it, I've updated the download link with the fix (super simple, moved 1 line of code).

But...what other things did you think were bugs? There *are* incomplete parts--there's a house and a cave you can enter that are empty... But most of the other stuff in there should resolve fully.

The list of completes:
You should be able to complete the stormy night
You should be able to get yourself into an NPCs house, have off-screen sex [optional], and decide whether to eat the NPC or not. This should change the NPCs location/availability.
You should be able to arrange a dinner date with a gal for later in the day.
You should be able to obtain the baker's quest item.
You should be able to acquire Ale, though there is no use for it yet.
You should be able to return to the monastery the following day, which ends the demo.

Thanks for checking it out!
Last edited by Journeyman on Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Journeyman.
Journeyman
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Journeyman » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:06 pm

Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus, What sort of monsters do you hope for? ^^ Still early in the game, and some of the segway areas aren't planned out yet... ;D
Journeyman.
Journeyman
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Zomulgustar » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:42 am

Always like to see new people creating games. Played through this demo already and like the feel of it so far. Not sure why there is a boat, took awhile for me to realize I needed to build a bridge to continue. A green pointer arrow was always on screen. If you don't eat your "date" then he becomes an invisible man who blushes when you talk to him. Other than that no bugs seen. No use seen yet for crystal room? mention of final fantasy Lightning? Looking forward to more!
Zomulgustar
Participator

Postby RumiBelly » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:25 pm

Well you just cleared up a few of them, but when you go into the house for lunch are you supposed to get something from the chest?
when I went in I instantly checked the chest and it opened with a message that it was locked, then when I went back with the key I got nothing.
So I wasn't sure if that was a bug or if there was noting in the chest yet.
RumiBelly
Somewhat familiar

Postby Journeyman » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:56 pm

Zomulgustar, Oh, shoot, he's invisible!! Good catch! (How the heck did you manage to find an invisible man?!)
radiogenicvore, Ahh, I see what you mean. Little behavior in RPG Maker that I was too noob to figure out--notice how all of the interactives like that chest, and also the village doors play one extra animation frame when interacted with (open doors shut as you enter, closed chests open as you interact). There was actually nothing in that chest, so it worked normally except for the odd looking animation. I've nailed down that problem and fixed it in my working copy (and added an item to the chest which should provide a hint about another potential vore scene). Will update those when I finish the monastery interior!
Journeyman.
Journeyman
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:13 pm

Snakes, womaneating plants, maybe a dragon or two, that kind of stuff. Maybe they could eat you while you're fighting them with a nice vore scene if you lose to them.
A link to a fun game I love playing: http://www.blankmediagames.com/TownOfSalem/

Be sure to say that ParaYumi refered you when you register for it. That's me.
Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???

Postby Journeyman » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:54 am

Update!
Game has been expanded past the basic first story event, into the complete prologue. Check it out!

Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus, there's a dragon ;D
Journeyman.
Journeyman
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Skeiron » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:20 pm

Cool game already :)
I love the mouse controls! I have never seen it in any of the RPG maker vore games before.

Some bugs & comments in spoiler:
Spoiler: show
There are 2 places I found where a wall is not solid and you can walk on top of it, one in the building below the monestary (can walk on the wall) and one in Rom's wine cellar (can walk on the cracked wall).
You can use the Herbal Sweetener in your inventory which will consume it, causing the girl to act as if you never had it.
The pressure plate puzzle door closes again if you step on a plate after you opened the door. This means it can become impossible to enter it, as 2 of the plates are out of reach of the doors, so you have to do the puzzle again (is there any method to it by the way? I just tried random combinations until the door opened ^^;).
Also I would like a way to get back into the "main game" when reading a side story. As it stands you have to complete the whole thing before you can return.
The vore scenes could be a bit more detailed I think ^^ Rom's scene was good, the dragon scene was over a bit too fast xP
In the cutscene after the dragon vore, you can see the girl but the guy is not visible.
After reading the side story and completing it, the background music stops playing

All in all it is a good start! The mouse controls really set it apart from other games so far, and it shows promise :)
"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"Remember that life is better than it seems"
Skeiron
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby NekoYuki » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:27 am

There appears to be a glitch with the dragon, in which prevents any way to evade it. Whenever you walk passed the area which triggers its spawn (i was tryna reach the mirror again) it tries to retrigger the event, which lets the already spawned dragon catch you, which doesn't seem right.

Also not sure where to go after visiting the monastery the second time, it won't let me go back to town, but i can't go anywhere else, the cave has no triggers or events, and i can't touch the boat
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby Journeyman » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:18 pm

Skeiron, wow!! Thanks a ton!! Your testing was super-thorough, and your comments really, really help! I'll work on the things you mentioned over the next couple of weeks as I continue the story :) Side note about the dragon puzzle: There's a way to reset the puzzle--there's an audible queue--but I think I probably need to make it more apparent! (When you leave the little island completely and then walk on again, it should reset with a thunk)

NekoYuki, Ahh--you are so right about the dragon glitch! I was testing it with just one square for so long that I forgot to apply something to all of the squares. Thank you for catching it! With regards to the monastery--you only need to see the crystal, and *possibly* obtain a hidden item. There are two ways to get to the boat (the chapter ends soon after), and both involve something to do with the village lockup :D

Thank you guys for the feedback!!
Journeyman.
Journeyman
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby InuyashalovesKagome » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:48 pm

I'm stuck in the little story area too, I know either the tiles themselves or the statue's eyes are the trigger but I'm not sure how to go about doing it. Am I supposed to do the eyes a certain way or are the tiles supposed to go in a certain order? I've tried all the different combos but nothing seems to work and it just resets once I leave.
InuyashalovesKagome
Participator

Postby wauy » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:50 am

:-D very nice game, but i stuck in dragon status, maybe it is colour controll but i am very noob in there may i have any tips? :gulp:
wauy
New to the forum

Postby Journeyman » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:15 am

Thanks for the feedback! (I'm on vacation, so a little slow answering this week)
InuyashalovesKagome, and wauy, it's tricky! There is a certain number that is meaningful to the tomb--search the area for it. For the puzzle, you can think of green as + and red as -
Journeyman.
Journeyman
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Journeyman » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:30 pm

Sort of a double post here--sorry! But...sort of new content now available!
I realized I really, really fouled up the trigger to do with the dragon, so it was practically impossible to escape and see the alternate endings for that zone. Was not supposed to rely on finding one silly little tile and fiddling with speed. Sorry!!!!!!! But now, thanks to the magic of a Surface Pro tablet and hotel wifi, it is fixed! (As far as I can tell--tested a good bit.)

Download from the OP for the update! Previous game saves still work.

Updates:
Fixed an issue in which the dragon in the storybook can not be escaped
Fixed an issue in which the crystals in the storybook were not appearing
Fixed an issue in which the Boy in the storybook did not appear in certain scenes
Fixed an issue in Rom's house where a staircase did not respond correctly if using keyboard control
Fixed an issue in Rom's basement where you could walk through a cracked wall
Fixed 2 issues in the monastery crypt where it was possible to walk onto walls in an unintended way
Expanded Dragon vore in storybook slightly, is more clearly hard vore
Journeyman.
Journeyman
Advanced Vorarephile

Return to Vore game