Discordia's tale, episode 1, patch 1

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Discordia's tale, episode 1

Postby TheAllSeeingEye » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:56 pm

so whats this about an expanded episode edition? Õ.o
EXPLORE ALL THE BELLIES!!!
TheAllSeeingEye
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:51 am

I'm expanding the episodes so I can say things reached an acceptable level of quality afore shelving the project. So both episodes get new enemies, some alternate vore, more dialogue scenes, a little more to do that sort of thing.
darkevilme
---

Postby Ryuu27 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:27 am

I can not find the vore scenes in gannspree. :?

Spoiler: show
nobody in inn and no answer to give to recruit (Besides, I find neither wine nor drugs)
Ryuu27
Participator

Postby darkevilme » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:28 am

expanded episode edition content is not out yet, because the expanded episode edition is still being made.

edit: expanded episode edition now available
darkevilme
---

Re: Discordia's tale, episode 1 expanded.

Postby darkevilme » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:59 pm

Announcing release (albeit without extensive testing) of episode 1 expanded episodes edition. This is not an extension of the story (still unsure whether I want to commit to making episode 2) but rather a fleshing out of the prior two episodes. I might do another triple E release rather than making episode 2 who knows.
darkevilme
---

Postby Zomulgustar » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:47 am

Just downloaded. Looking forward to trying it out later tonight. I've really been enjoying your games, as I'm sure many have. I understand the time it must have taken you to put something like this together and wish I could help encourage you more. Such a cute predator to play as a main character has been great.
Zomulgustar
Participator

Postby darkevilme » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:53 pm

Thanks for the vote of support. Also, minor bug fixes applied to release...but that can't be the only bugs in the game. I reiterate I'm open to suggestions and bug reports both...also I've laid out a plan for episode 2 onwards that I'm going to have a crack team of ninjas check over before I embark on anything involving episode 2.
darkevilme
---

Postby darkevilme » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:10 pm

Poll up for Discordia's tale options. See which way you lot want me to jump.

1. Build episode 2, as it says on the tin. Commit to the next episode.

2. Expand episodes 0 & 1 if you think episodes 0 and 1 aren't good enough yet and need to be better before I move to episode 2. This will add more npcs, more vorish dialogue scenes, more alternate vore, more enemies, more dungeons, etc.

3. digestion flavour text. Lets face it, apart from the vore dialogue scenes pred leaning players aren't being catered to as much as the prey are in this game despite my efforts. There's no equivalent of the vorish gameovers for predators. The digestion flavour text idea would mean you'd get text showing up while enemies hit with discordia's digestion attack are digesting. I give fair warning, this'll take a fairly solid amount of effort to deploy as it'll need more Ruby scripting and I'm not 100% sure I can succeed. But to be fair the digestion flavour text from nyan quest is one of the things they have a one up on me with.
darkevilme
---

Postby Zomulgustar » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:16 pm

I do like the idea of a little flavor text, especially in boss battles, but thinking about how much time Halcyon must have put into that in his latest chapter almost makes me want to cringe. It definitely added personality to all the extra npcs, and I can appreciate the result, but that's not something I think you have to worry about. Discordia and Maeva have plenty of interactions with the main story. The game I've most appreciated, digestion flavor textwise, is actually Vore Night. A little scene after battle if you just ate someone, maybe a little scene with a belly wiggle, and a scene once digestion is complete(in that case, an option to take an attribute shift based on which creature you just digested). Regardless, I vote to continue on to chapter 2. Glad to see the city in chapter one get a little more attention in your EEE.
Zomulgustar
Participator

Postby darkevilme » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:58 pm

taken the poll down as you lot are fairly unanimous. That being said I plan to do one more small expansion to add some hermaphrodites to the game (don't worry, there'll be a pref filter) seen as well...anyone who knows me on the chat would find it a little silly that there aren't any...also, I still lack a unique enemy of any kind for the abandoned tower in episode 0 and a dungeon without at least one enemy type made for it feels a little incomplete.

This is a small plan though, just 1 new enemy and 1 dialogue vore scene..after that, onwards to episode 2! as my crack team of plot ninjas have insured I'm not about to drive headlong over a cliff by proceeding with the plot.
darkevilme
---

Postby TheAllSeeingEye » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:34 am

darkevilme wrote:enemy locations:
Spoiler: show
devil: abandoned tower, tbc (expanded episodes edition)

I have yet to find the devil enemy -_-
where is he?
EXPLORE ALL THE BELLIES!!!
TheAllSeeingEye
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Discordia's tale, episode 1, herm pass

Postby darkevilme » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:51 am

With the release of the herm pass the Devils are now in. They got dropped from EEE so they were overdue. And with that I'm taking a break from DT for a while. The sheer amount of time I have to spend creating art assets for the game and the lack of funds with which to outsource is sapping my motivation and so I'm going to take a break, do some proper programming for a while.
darkevilme
---

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:40 pm

There are two towers in this game and neither of them are called the Abandoned Tower. There is a Ruined Tower, and a Tower of Wonders.

Also the Herm scene in the Inn is glitched. You enter the Inn and you skip the Vore scene and skip right to the bucket scene... Interstingly enough, even if you have your preferences turned off. So just going into the inn will kill you, thus prohibiting you from ever sleeping.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:53 pm

0Anesthetic4u wrote:There are two towers in this game and neither of them are called the Abandoned Tower. There is a Ruined Tower, and a Tower of Wonders.

Also the Herm scene in the Inn is glitched. You enter the Inn and you skip the Vore scene and skip right to the bucket scene... Interstingly enough, even if you have your preferences turned off. So just going into the inn will kill you, thus prohibiting you from ever sleeping.

I wish I'd been told about this error a while ago. That being said I've got no clue what's causing it as things work fine at my end. Dunno what's up. Maybe toss me a save file? Cause when i enter the inn nothing happens. Granted I'm also using clean saves, if you have saves from pre herm pass it's possible something broke.

Also my bad. Abandoned tower=ruined tower in episode 0. It's actually listed as dark tower in the files so its no wonder i manage to confuse myself with this.
darkevilme
---

Postby Dark_phoenix » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:51 pm

I am having difficulty adjusting to the human world enemies, especially bandits. I am level 7 on both my characters. Do I need to grind some more?
Phoenix-Male Human/Angel hybrid
Born from a human father and Angel, Phoenix has wings and can use fire spells. His combination of wings and fire gave him his name Phoenix. he dresses in a cloak to hide his wings from the public.
Dark_phoenix
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby buddaoo12 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:09 pm

just started playing the most recent version of this and could use the inn at first but then went to a vore end out of the blue as it did with 0Anesthetic4u. i can send you a save if you want
buddaoo12
New to the forum

Postby darkevilme » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:38 pm

Bud. To make a long story long, my want has nothing to do with the fact that if no one sends me a save i'm not capable of fixing this bug. To make a long story short, send me the save. Or maybe mention what other stuff you got up to beforehand cause it's possible I now have some variables with their wires crossed.

And pheonix. It's a JRPG, the answer is always grinding...that being said...I dunno, shoot the bandit leaders so they don't buff their followers? I give lousy advice when it comes to beating my own game.
darkevilme
---

Re: Discordia's tale, episode 1, patch 1

Postby darkevilme » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:02 am

Fixed. Maybe. I had some wires crossed as I suspected. I moved the control to my cutscene flow control as that's not used till the tower in episode 1, and seen as the scene is fatal it's not like you can leave the tower scene broken.

update: As my interest and the interest of the community in this project has waned and I've noticed a recent bout of old rpgmaker projects being necromanced to remind me of the fate I've decided to insure against DT becoming another ghost memorialized in a discussion thread and nothing more. As such I've decided to mediafire the actual project file. http://www.mediafire.com/download/qkbzwa8hltr0w7w/Discordias_tale.zip
darkevilme
---

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:32 am

darkevilme wrote:Fixed. Maybe. I had some wires crossed as I suspected. I moved the control to my cutscene flow control as that's not used till the tower in episode 1, and seen as the scene is fatal it's not like you can leave the tower scene broken.

update: As my interest and the interest of the community in this project has waned and I've noticed a recent bout of old rpgmaker projects being necromanced to remind me of the fate I've decided to insure against DT becoming another ghost memorialized in a discussion thread and nothing more. As such I've decided to mediafire the actual project file. http://www.mediafire.com/download/qkbzwa8hltr0w7w/Discordias_tale.zip

Thats too bad to hear. This was one of the cooler, more inventive games getting made by the community to date. A game where you are the pred and Vore is a big part of combat. I hope your interest sparks up again, but I wouldn't want you to do something that you don't want to do.

Also, clifhanger endings without conclusions SUCK!
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:03 pm

Amusingly around the time this post by Anesthetic occured I started working at least a little on DT (it goes in cycles, I've gotten frustrated with my other project and want to chillax without doing a lot of coding)

Though the next episode as planned is a doozy, no ETA.
darkevilme
---

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game