Discordia's tale, episode 1, patch 1

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Discordia's tale, episode 1, patch 1

Postby darkevilme » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:40 pm

Introducing Discordia's tale, a vorish Rpg courtesy of the humble bundle VX ace deal and my desire to make smutty games.

A hundred years ago the great war of the two worlds left scars upon both. Now in this changed world the demon princess Discordia seeks to alleviate her boredom, escape her sheltered upbringing, see for herself this human world of which the older fiends speak and most importantly eat people. Join her on a world hopping quest of discovery, peril and vore that will decide the future of both worlds.

Currently at episode 1 expanded episodes edition.

Episodes:
Spoiler: show
Episode 0: 'the demon world welcomes careful eaters'
Faced with decades of boredom the princess Discordia enacts a daring escape from her father's castle, proving his caution to be in error she sets out across the wild and dangerous terrain of the dark world to the gates of Shimmerghast. There the demon princess proved herself a match even for the gatekeeper and earned herself passage to the sunlit world of the delicious humans.
Episode 1: 'I am Maeva the hat, first demon summoner'
Discordia having vanquished the gatekeeper entered the between that was strung between worlds only to face a foe far more potent, the true guardian of the gate. Were it not for a pioneer in demon summoning plucking her from the between it would of been Discordia's end. But now bound to service Discordia must recover for Maeva an artifact of power, that the power of her wit and lore might be joined to a magical potency that'll make her truly a mage of renown.
Expanded episode edition: new vore dialogues, dungeons, monsters for episodes 1 and 2 now out.
Episode 2: 'Gilliam and the knightly quest'
postponed indefinitely pending donations

Features:
Predator and prey options
Made for the game artwork including post vore sprites.
oral vore, UB, AV, CV, F/M, M/F (all controlled by preferences set in game)
dialogue based vore scenes, many game over vore scenes.
Lots and lots of scripting.

Changelist:
]Patch 1: Hopefully fixed cross circuiting for CV scene in the inne in episode 0.
herm pass: added one herm CV enemy to the abandoned tower, added one herm dialogue vore scene to episode 0

donations page: If you enjoyed the game, consider donating to show your appreciation.
http://warpedrealities.wordpress.com/donations-page/

download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zxtdspvtd4ja8c6/Discordias_tale.exe
If it doesn't work that's probably because you lack the RTP for VX ace, get the RTP for VX Ace HERE!
http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/run-time-package

credits:
victor's scripts
hime works scripts
additonal art credits: Ashley_Urikoshima, malyna, alberta
all my friends who put up with my insistence they playtest the game.
Last edited by darkevilme on Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:10 am, edited 16 times in total.
darkevilme
---

Re: Discordia's tale, episode 0

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:26 pm

Is there much sprite vore content in this or would the vore scenes consist mostly of text?
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Reaverbot » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:17 pm

Dragonvorelover135 wrote:Is there much sprite vore content in this or would the vore scenes consist mostly of text?

All of the enemies are custom sprites and most have unique states of being full. Naturally there's lots of dialogue to go along with them though, because this is RPG maker.
Reaverbot
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:22 pm

Reaverbot wrote:
Dragonvorelover135 wrote:Is there much sprite vore content in this or would the vore scenes consist mostly of text?

All of the enemies are custom sprites and most have unique states of being full. Naturally there's lots of dialogue to go along with them though, because this is RPG maker.
Yeah I saw that when I looked through the graphics.

Also not sure what to do once you get the power shield and beat fuzzles. Is there something I missed?
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TheAllSeeingEye » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:26 pm

Dammit... why couldnt I see this till later? =.=
Im just about to go sleep too... Now I wanna play it :evil:
Oh well... Something to wake up to lol :silly:
EXPLORE ALL THE BELLIES!!!
TheAllSeeingEye
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:33 pm

Nevermind about that figured it out after a quick backtrack.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Raiden264 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:38 pm

Any chance you could say what it is you figured out? I'm stuck as well. Don't see anything to do after getting the shield or beating fuzzles
If ya like the stuff I make please support me on SubscribeStar! Unlock new content here...https://subscribestar.adult/raiv
Raiden264
Participator

Postby Reaverbot » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:59 pm

Raiden264 wrote:Any chance you could say what it is you figured out? I'm stuck as well. Don't see anything to do after getting the shield or beating fuzzles

Check the kitchen.
Reaverbot
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ChillMistressFreia » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:55 pm

Does anyone else have Chrome telling them the file is dangerous?
ChillMistressFreia
---

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:20 pm

ChillMistressFreia wrote:Does anyone else have Chrome telling them the file is dangerous?
Yes thats the new Chrome is retarded feature. Go to downloads and restore it did that. My virus protection blocks anything that I download on its own and never agrees with Chrome.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DireZyre » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:24 pm

Can someone please post some screen shots or something? I don't like downloading these games without them
DireZyre
Been posting for a bit

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:32 pm

Chrome is telling me that too. How do I fix that?

Edit: I figured it out.
A link to a fun game I love playing: http://www.blankmediagames.com/TownOfSalem/

Be sure to say that ParaYumi refered you when you register for it. That's me.
Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???

Postby Reaverbot » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:00 pm

DireZyre wrote:Can someone please post some screen shots or something? I don't like downloading these games without them

http://i.imgur.com/4ISNaWc.png

http://i.imgur.com/TLi8Vsg.png

http://i.imgur.com/1RfhRDe.png
Reaverbot
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Saiai » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:13 pm

Honest assessment, here goes.

1. Vore. Good for a demo. Very good for a demo. I once made an RPG maker game and between yours and mine, this is maybe the third I've seen with custom big belly character sprites. I appreciate that sort of effort. I want to see some bellies! I find it too easy to just write the ending. Hell, even the monsters had it. I kinda get bored shuffling through vore RPG maker games and just losing to enemies... you actually put out the effort to make each enemy vore you in the end, which I appreciate.

2. Game. Great for a demo. Hell, the game was well balanced. Wouldn't lose to enemies if you put some thought into it. I waltzed into the tower at level one, survived one fight barely, and ran out like "oh shit!" Then worked my way from there. Well balanced grind. I wanted to work my way up the levels, but I didn't take forever like fighting blue slimes in dragon quest. The experience curve was balanced. I liked that lesser enemies were nearly harmless once I'd made a few levels, but stronger enemies were a fair challenge.

Overall: I'm hoping I don't have to redo this when it's upgraded, I've got a good level 8 savegame and just waiting for the next installment to head across the broken bridge or to the human world (where I hope some cute human guys have learned to vore, despite what the books in the castle library stated.) Scores 9/10, likely one of the best VRPG's I've played around here. Thank you!
Saiai
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Murderkarp » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:41 pm

It was a nice, if short, romp. Looking forward to more. Also, digging the custom belly sprites. Cannot wait for more, hopefully with party members.

Also, did the Brass Ring boost fire attacks, or did it boost fire resist? I am assuming the former since I didn't notice a big change in Magic Imp Fire damage, but I got it after the boss fight and didn't bother testing Flaming Slash.
Murderkarp
Somewhat familiar

Postby kiriaflurry » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:30 am

When i lose a fight i dont get the gameover or vore endings like suggested. Am i running it wrong or something? I just get a fade to black screen.
kiriaflurry
Somewhat familiar

Postby darkevilme » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:22 am

Wow okay Saiai. I think I got a tan from that glowing review, thanks. Certainly motivates me to do episode 1 and maybe make it a little larger than episode 0 (Honestly wasn't sure I was going to do episode 1 while doing episode 0).

MurderKarp
it's supposed to resist fire but cause weakness to cold. And it seems to in the test runs I've done. Granted, by the time you get it the imp fire spell is such a trivial threat its kinda moot but it was intended for making the gatekeeper easier.

Kiria. Use the preference journal, all the switches are turned off by default. If you don't set your preferences none of the game overs will run.
darkevilme
---

Postby TheAllSeeingEye » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:17 am

One thing about the Game Over scenes, if you click enter or whatever you use to interact/advance text, it skips it all
EXPLORE ALL THE BELLIES!!!
TheAllSeeingEye
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:32 am

It's a glitch with the script I found to run the game over scenes. If you don't wait for the text to finish appearing before pressing a button it skips the game over. Without understanding how the game over script by hime works actually functions under the hood I'm afraid I can't fix this, sorry.
darkevilme
---

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:54 pm

This is good, but I'll give a few suggestions and report possible bugs that I've run into.

First off a possible bug, but if its not a bug then consider it a suggestion. Digesting an opponent only grants Healing and Magic in combat, when compleetly digesting someone out of a fight grants you nothing. I don't know if its a glitch or you are supposed to not get any health for completely digesting the enemy, but I would deffinantly add a health gain for doing it.

Seccond, loosing fights just causes the screen to go black in most cases and stays that way, never giving the vore story, nor even sending you back to the main screen. This one I am confident is a glitch.

A suggestion I have would be granting XP bonusess for eating enemies, but thats just me thinking that a predator should get more powerfull after every enemy they eat.

Also some of the stat increasing Items are very vague in what they do. Without looking at your stats before and after you use them, you won't know what they do at all. I sugest giveing them a bit clearer flavor text.

Finnally I have one last suggestion. Though I can easily see this one getting passed over. Perhaps you should do away with the chance to devour stats, and instead opt to have Devouring always work, BUT have the enemy capable of doing damage to you from the inside. Digesting them would do a set ammount of dammage to them per turn(but you'd be unable to attack them otherwise) meaning that it would be in your best interest to devour an enemy who was in a truely weakened state so that they couldn't hurt you more in the long run. It would also prompt you to devour weaker enemies with low attack power right away. If I were to implement this I'd also give a larger health bonus after compleetly digesting them, to make devouring the enemy worth your while.

Like I said before though this I good. Pretty damn good infact. Though Im not sure if I'm done with the available content. I've beaten the tower, and the gate guardian, and completed the two side quests in the town.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Next

Return to Vore game