Character sprite sheets

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Character sprite sheets

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:18 pm

Before anyone is tempted to ask, I checked the Game Resource Dictionary but there are no sprites there at all. Also did a quick search in the gallery and didn't find anything.

I'm looking for sprite sheets of furry characters (feral and anthro) with vore elements. By vore elements I mean things like swallow animations, and especially move / jump / duck / attack animations in both "normal" and "big belly" varieties (so the character can be switched between the two states). Any resolution and format is okay, although I aim for sizes of 32px to 64px per frame. If possible, portraits with various expressions (for dialogue boxes) would also be a welcome addition! Only absolute requirement is that they're under a concrete free license (PD, CC-BY without -NC or -ND, GPL, etc), not just a "free to use" label. Though if you know an unlicensed sprite set but who's author I can contact to ask, still mention it here.

If you find me some good character sprites with vore animations, I shall add a good quality FOSS vore platformer to my list of games to do within the next few years :) Random non-vore example of the format I seek:

Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Re: Character sprite sheets

Postby Bright » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:06 am

I think Dokudoku got some in his gallery.
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby four_fleets » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:08 pm

A lot of the sprite artists have deleted their works, like Surge for instance. And I also remember some time ago someone had a complete line of completedAmy Rose voreish spritesheets but I never managed to save them x.x
  I wonder if you'll visit This thread?  

I finally found out how to use BBCcode.
four_fleets
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby four_fleets » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:27 pm

spriteamysheetge8[1].png

This is a thing from Shooshi back when He/She used to be here. there was a good comic, but he/she deleted that, too. It's just lucky that some deviant put it on ImageShack.

Beyond that, The Shyguy Kingdom has a good archive.

I look forward to see what you do with them~

If that isn't your pace and you plan on using RPGmaker, This is probably more your speed.

four_fleets
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MirceaKitsune » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:28 pm

Thank you four_fleets, that is a good set! I'd probably need to modify it somewhat, since I prefer to avoid working with copyright characters for any important project. Also, it doesn't sound like I can contact the author any longer to ask for a license, so it's possible I might not be able to do much with it sadly.

I do not use RPG maker. Apart from OHRRPGCE (an old but awesome 2D RPG engine) which I use as an alternative to it, I plan to do all 2D games in HTML5 and Tiled map editor. I'm new to HTML5 gaming and still learning various engines and JavaScript, but that's the way to the future of 2D games at least. Never the less, any RPG maker assets should work, so feel free to consider those as if I was working with RPG Maker.

One more thing: Animated GIF's are also alright to consider. Since I can probably find a way to decompile them and create a sprite sheet myself. But the basic needs still apply: There must be animations for at least walk, crouch, jump and attack, both normal and big-belly variants, and they need to be freely licensed or I must be able to contact the author and ask if not.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby four_fleets » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:33 pm

MirceaKitsune wrote:Thank you four_fleets, that is a good set! I'd probably need to modify it somewhat, since I prefer to avoid working with copyright characters for any important project. Also, it doesn't sound like I can contact the author any longer to ask for a license, so it's possible I might not be able to do much with it sadly.

I contacted Shooshi a while back before they quit the community outright. It's pretty much yours, as they don't want anything to do with Eka's, or maybe vore entirely? So their work is open source if you can find it.

They left good stuff behind, like this little gem. Really makes me want to see more spritework nowadays x.x

33823c50dba8583e69569c2f0e7616b6[1].gif
33823c50dba8583e69569c2f0e7616b6[1].gif (37.72 KiB) Viewed 4661 times

four_fleets
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby no_one_you_know » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:08 pm

God Rouge pull up your pants.

Rouge-unbirths-Cream-PART2.gif
Rouge-unbirths-Cream-PART2.gif (7.3 KiB) Viewed 4574 times

---

I did some sprites in the day. (The Rouge unbirthing Cream one was mine) Here's a few others:

RougeSwallowChaoANI.gif
RougeSwallowChaoANI.gif (5.12 KiB) Viewed 4574 times

Tails-eats-Amy.gif
Tails-eats-Amy.gif (25.3 KiB) Viewed 4574 times

I gave it up because I wanted to focus on original characters. This project sounds interesting though.
no_one_you_know
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:08 pm

Those sprites are nice! Although they seem to only be swallow animations, not that diverse package I'm hoping for. Still nice to see them though, feel free to post these as well in case they might be helpful.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby four_fleets » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:25 pm

no_one_you_know wrote:God Rouge pull up your pants.

Rouge-unbirths-Cream-PART2.gif

---

I did some sprites in the day. (The Rouge unbirthing Cream one was mine) Here's a few others:

RougeSwallowChaoANI.gif

Tails-eats-Amy.gif

I gave it up because I wanted to focus on original characters. This project sounds interesting though.

I never knew there was a part 2 to that Gif. Good nonetheless~

four_fleets
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MirceaKitsune » Wed May 25, 2016 8:18 am

Just so it's known, I'm still trying to find freely licensed character sprite sheets for vore games. This is one of my more recent ideas:

http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=46648

Do we still not have any pixel artists willing to release their sprites under Public Domain or a Creative Commons license? This could definitely help speed up the development of vore games.
MirceaKitsune
???

Return to Vore game