Escape from vore dungeon game 09/27/18 final update prolly.

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

with vore dungeon concluded what might be the next order of business?

Get back to making more 3 days to digest updates.
18%
make something like vore dungeon but with original sprites and stuff
39%
Make a platformer where you are the pred instead
33%
Make the sequel(Haha probably not gonna happen)
5%
There is no project. Only zuul.
5%

Total votes : 720

Re: Escape from vore dungeon game in progress.

Postby RikuHidanza » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:56 am

Brutaller wrote:
That is just epic.

Unfortunaly it also sounds epicly hard to program. If reclusenutcase does decide to do it. He should definatly save it for last since he'd have to make two levels every time he makes a new one that or delay one level in favor of the other.
Sex is like pizza. When it's good it's great, when it's bad it's better than nothing.
RikuHidanza
Participator

Postby Brutaller » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:16 am

Dont worry i know that :)
Brutaller
Participator

Postby CapturePoint » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:58 am

Recluse, I played the game like I promised. Damn fine work so far, and it looks like it will only get better in the future! I'll be on the lookout for sprites and ideas when I have the time, if that helps.

Keep it up!

CapturePoint (from shdingo's stream)

P.S: Are you planning to incorporate that piece of art in this project as well?
CapturePoint
Somewhat familiar

Postby reclusenutcase » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:57 am

thanks, I'm glad you like it.

oh, and I do indeed plan to use that piece from the stream as one of the game over pics.

I'm basically looking for a lot of artists to draw game over screens for all preds.
reclusenutcase
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby VirtuosoViking » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:43 pm

Hey, reclusenutcase, this is probably off topic, but have you played the new Shantae game yet?
When it comes to most bosses, thank god for obvious, glowing weak spots.
VirtuosoViking
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby reclusenutcase » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:12 am

I in fact have played beat and attained both endings in the new shantae game. Though it still suffers the trope of fetch quest city, I still enjoy the creative writing and solid platforming. It's actually what's tempted me to want to make a story mode added to my game.
reclusenutcase
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby CapturePoint » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:49 pm

If you're looking for art, I can recommend SukiiK's work as an artist, btw.

A few constructive things, now that I have a little more time. I'll focus on a few things, but don't take that in the way that the rest doesn't matter:

Game is difficult, but doable. Spot on. Try and keep it at this level.

Personal favourite is the succubus stage, the drone-bats create a very effective boss effect. The motions work the best in that one too, in my opinion. Love the kegelcising! The 'I'll swallow you whole!' at the beginning works very well too, is that from a Castlevania?

Naga stage is very well done as well, especially the game over by the first-part small nagae. Makes me think of that older game; Milia Wars, I think. This one's better though :P Second part is good too, with the false hope with the exit. The insertion by the boss Medusa is well done as well, kudos. Internal stage is a nice transition as well. Third part opens strong, but then the stage is empty for the rest. Are you planning on putting something there? Jumping back in is a great option, but animation-less for the most part; Shantae just vanishes when she touches the boss.
The boss is also completely frozen at this point, maybe there's something to do with her changing stance when Shantae's near?

For both of these, when the stamina bar runs out and Shantae's trapped, you can struggle in four directions, each producing a different sound. This works very well, but you could expand on that a little, as it gets a little repetetive. Maybe add a fifth, orgasmic, sound clip that plays every 5 or 6 struggles?

Gourmet stage boss kinda freaks me out, but that's personal taste. Stage is fun, good use of the X from Metroid Fusion! The animation that goes with a failure is good as well! Something you could do is turn the sprite gradually monocoloured (the same colour of her skin would probably work best) between her kneeling and the 'poof'?

Pokemon stage is creatively done, the riding in a Goodra is a good find, never thought of that!

That's about all I can think of at the moment. Whatever you do further with the game, the best of luck with it!

Love, CapturePoint.
CapturePoint
Somewhat familiar

Postby 456yoga » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:23 pm

I've never done this but I have a suggestion for a yoshi level...
Think of it! It could be something like the goodra level being friendly and all but instead of traveling the yoshis could throw you in an egg (after escaping its stomach of course) it could either eat you yoshi style or it could unbirth. Anyone thinks this is good?
456yoga
New to the forum

Postby 8Shapes4Colors » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:34 am

456yoga wrote:I've never done this but I have a suggestion for a yoshi level...
Think of it! It could be something like the goodra level being friendly and all but instead of traveling the yoshis could throw you in an egg (after escaping its stomach of course) it could either eat you yoshi style or it could unbirth. Anyone thinks this is good?

Kinda like Donkey Kong with the barrels?
That could actually be pretty awesome. And you could aim, like in Super Mario World?
Treat everyone else with more respect than you treat yourself and only the foolish will call you selfish.
-Something I made up on the fly
8Shapes4Colors
Somewhat familiar

Postby VirtuosoViking » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:19 am

8Shapes4Colors wrote:Kinda like Donkey Kong with the barrels?
That could actually be pretty awesome. And you could aim, like in Super Mario World?

Which is completely coincidental, cause in the new Shantae game, there are these plant mouths in the air in a few places that work just like the Donkey Kong Barrel cannons. If you jump into them, the start to chew on Shantae and she's got a few animations trying to keep the plant mouth open. It never swallows her, unfortunately, and another unfortunate thing is that's the only thing close to vore in that game. Also, the plants only shoot you in four directions, and there's only two kinds: one where you control where it shoots you, and the other where you don't.
Maybe if the sprites ever become available for someone to use from the third game, it could be used for a mechanic in the game, or maybe part of an enemy. The game has some really great animations too, plus a nice costume for Shantae.
VirtuosoViking
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:59 am

It would be pretty fitting with the type of game this is.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 456yoga » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:55 pm

8Shapes4Colors wrote:
456yoga wrote:I've never done this but I have a suggestion for a yoshi level...

EXACTLY And while in Yoshi's stomach, you can travel while its belly jiggles
456yoga
New to the forum

Postby reclusenutcase » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:31 am

by CapturePoint » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:49 am
If you're looking for art, I can recommend SukiiK's work as an artist, btw.

A few constructive things, now that I have a little more time. I'll focus on a few things, but don't take that in the way that the rest doesn't matter:

Game is difficult, but doable. Spot on. Try and keep it at this level.

Personal favourite is the succubus stage, the drone-bats create a very effective boss effect. The motions work the best in that one too, in my opinion. Love the kegelcising! The 'I'll swallow you whole!' at the beginning works very well too, is that from a Castlevania?

Naga stage is very well done as well, especially the game over by the first-part small nagae. Makes me think of that older game; Milia Wars, I think. This one's better though :P Second part is good too, with the false hope with the exit. The insertion by the boss Medusa is well done as well, kudos. Internal stage is a nice transition as well. Third part opens strong, but then the stage is empty for the rest. Are you planning on putting something there? Jumping back in is a great option, but animation-less for the most part; Shantae just vanishes when she touches the boss.
The boss is also completely frozen at this point, maybe there's something to do with her changing stance when Shantae's near?

For both of these, when the stamina bar runs out and Shantae's trapped, you can struggle in four directions, each producing a different sound. This works very well, but you could expand on that a little, as it gets a little repetetive. Maybe add a fifth, orgasmic, sound clip that plays every 5 or 6 struggles?

Gourmet stage boss kinda freaks me out, but that's personal taste. Stage is fun, good use of the X from Metroid Fusion! The animation that goes with a failure is good as well! Something you could do is turn the sprite gradually monocoloured (the same colour of her skin would probably work best) between her kneeling and the 'poof'?

Pokemon stage is creatively done, the riding in a Goodra is a good find, never thought of that!

That's about all I can think of at the moment. Whatever you do further with the game, the best of luck with it!

Love, CapturePoint.

Well, I'll say that is a pretty thorough overview. I'm grateful you like it, and I'll see what I can attend to depending on if I have time for it later. I can definitely see if I can randomize the sounds that are produced when trapped in certain preds, but as for the medusa stuff. I think that level is done enough to put asside for other projects for now.

by 456yoga » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:23 pm
I've never done this but I have a suggestion for a yoshi level...

Funny that you mention such a pred. I was considering making Birdo a pred character who you could use to launch you across large gaps but could still digest you. A yoshi would be just as possible, though I also see a lot of glitches that can happen if I'm not careful when making a yoshi pred. I'll have to look into making a mario world stage at this point, but first I need to get working on a dragon stage since I've been meaning to do that over 3 months ago.
reclusenutcase
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby reclusenutcase » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:38 am

Oh and I forgot to mention that the new update is now out. This one features draculina after you beat the succubus stage and Trixie after you finish the pinkie pie stage.

I made the succubus stage a little easier for those who want to try out the draculina stage. If you want the difficulty amped back up you can always message me.

I also added Bullet bills in the game so you can finally fight back against those nasty preds who keep eating you. Though Bullet bill doesn't kill them, he weakens them long enough to sneak by.

I'm gonna be investing some time into a dragon stage featuring charazards and one big ass dragon for you to travel through. If you guys have different preferences of a dragon pred you'd like to see in the next update, be sure to link me and I'll see what I can make possible.

Hope you guys enjoy, and thank you all for the follow up. I swear I'm gonna make a credit's section for you guys as soon as I'm able to.
reclusenutcase
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Shadowlyger » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:28 am

I notice a Shrabby in the credits, but I haven't noticed a game over picture by them. Am I not looking in the right stage?
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby reclusenutcase » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:03 am

it is when you lose to pinkie pie. the picture will either be a waffles pic or a shrabby pic. I made a randomizer to give replay value. This leaves room for other artists who want their game over added.
reclusenutcase
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby VirtuosoViking » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:41 am

Just played the new version, and I say it's going well. Something I've noticed is that when you added more enemies that kind of relate to each other, you put them in the same group for the stage select. Like how the nagas and Medusa are together, Pinkie and Trixie, or the succubus and draculina. I think that's a cool way of separating them out. I think it'd be pretty cool to stick with that idea with more enemies down the line. Maybe it could help with the story you want to put in? And when there are more levels for the gauntlet of stages and you beat them, an advanced stage select can be unlocked, so instead of just starting over from the beginning of, say, the Pinkie Pie dungeon, you can start from the Trixie section instead. Or you could go the other route and have all the stages unlocked when you beat the whole story. Or just keep it the way it is. I dunno.
I also like how those combo stages get slightly harder as you complete them. Seems to stay in the "Fair, yet tough-ish" area. Not sure why I'm liking the difficulty so much. Guess I like a bit of challenge here and there. Just wondering, were you planning on keeping the blocks and background like it is now? Or did you have plans for that? Not complaining or forcing you to change it, just curious.
Spoiler: show
Oh, I also saw that there's a GO picture for Trixie, but I didn't see you mention it. I saw you mention the author a bit ago, but that's about it. Also, in case it was just a surprise, I put this in spoilers.
VirtuosoViking
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby SomeGuy1294 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:25 am

Yikes. Quite the difficulty junkie, aren't you?

Beat the MLP dungeon without much trouble. Naga dungeon is easy until the murderous boss-fight. Am I SUPPOSED to go in her womb?
SomeGuy1294
???

Postby reclusenutcase » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:11 pm

by VirtuosoViking » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:41 am

Just played the new version, and I say it's going well. Something I've noticed is that when you added more enemies that kind of relate to each other, you put them in the same group for the stage select. Like how the nagas and Medusa are together, Pinkie and Trixie, or the succubus and draculina. I think that's a cool way of separating them out. I think it'd be pretty cool to stick with that idea with more enemies down the line. Maybe it could help with the story you want to put in? And when there are more levels for the gauntlet of stages and you beat them, an advanced stage select can be unlocked, so instead of just starting over from the beginning of, say, the Pinkie Pie dungeon, you can start from the Trixie section instead. Or you could go the other route and have all the stages unlocked when you beat the whole story. Or just keep it the way it is. I dunno.
I also like how those combo stages get slightly harder as you complete them. Seems to stay in the "Fair, yet tough-ish" area. Not sure why I'm liking the difficulty so much. Guess I like a bit of challenge here and there. Just wondering, were you planning on keeping the blocks and background like it is now? Or did you have plans for that? Not complaining or forcing you to change it, just curious.

Yeah, I like to have my stages bunched up with the theme that surrounds them.

As for unlockable pred stages, I was thinking about it, but I want to ensure everyone can still face a preffered pred whenever they want without boundary, also I'm too lazy to make separate links for each stage.

by SomeGuy1294 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:25 am

Yikes. Quite the difficulty junkie, aren't you?

Beat the MLP dungeon without much trouble. Naga dungeon is easy until the murderous boss-fight. Am I SUPPOSED to go in her womb?

Yeah, I seem to have a habit of making my levels too difficult. Side effects from growing up with old NES games.

You are not alone when it comes to the womb level. Believe it or not, that's the toned down version. I was trying to build a moment of suspense in the game and wound up making it really freaking hard.

Oh, and you are supposed to enter the womb the first time, followed by the door being unlocked by the time you fight your way out of her.
reclusenutcase
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SomeGuy1294 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:00 pm

Getting better at this... beat Naga, Pinkie Pie and Gourmet. So far I think the Mermaid Dungeon is my favorite despite the difficulty, partially because of the quality of the sprites and partially because the idea of a giantess mermaid with an extendable tongue is pretty damn unique. The Amy dungeon's fun as hell, though still pants-shittingly difficult. The succubus dungeon tends to be more frustrating than anything else, what with the swarms of bats constantly cornering you/screwing over your jumps.

A story mode would be great, if you can think up a reason for why Shantae is trapped in these dungeons. Probably don't need MORE preds.
SomeGuy1294
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game